ORAS OU Walls and Orbs (Mega Banette)

Okay, um, this is my first RMT so I hope I'm not doing this wrong(even after reading the rules).

Alright.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond

I started this team from a Mega Banette point to try out some different things. This thing is a Prankster abuser and is usually used to get a major threat out of the way. I wanted to use Prankster to a great potential with WoW and Confuse Ray, Sucker Punch for Priority, and DB when I know I'll die in another hit so I can take something down with me. It's also immune to Fighting attacks that would destroy 2 other members of the team, so it can get free switches often. It's more specially defensive than physically offensive as it is not intended to be a sweeper or anything, but often a lead that can handle both defenses if the opponent has a burn.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Your average SR lead. As well as Toxic and Leech Seed lead. The lead that's main purpose is for wearing down walls such as Chansey. Ferrothorn's typing resists most things that hit super effectively on everyone else, except Fighting, which is covered, and Fire, also covered. Toxic and Leech Seed are for bringing down walls that would otherwise give me trouble. Gyro Ball is uses as an actual attack that does well thanks to being EXTREMELY slow. Again, specially defensive but Iron Barbs punishes those that try physical. NEXT WALL COMIN UP

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Though I would like Mega Slowbro on this team as well, 2 Megas is not a thing, so I'm sticking with regular. And regular can eat up quite a lot of hits with its physical bulk. Scald is STAB and can burn, which is helpful in some cases, and isn't Taunt blocked like WoW. Psyshock is another STAB that can try to eat through less physically defensive Pokes. Calm Mind helps raise the power of those attacks as well as the lower SpDefense. and Slack Off for healing. At least, when I want to stay in. Regen for switches. EVs into a Physical wall. That done, let's move on to the Orbs.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Breloom with Poison Heal. Yup. Spore because......Spore, 100% Accuracy Sleep on threats or walls, Substitute in combination with Focus Punch is deadly, and Poison Heal gives me the HP back that was lost from Substitute. Seed Bomb for another STAB. This thing deals with all the Pokemon that don't resist its Focus Punch, making it hard to take down. Usual move order goes like Spore --> Substitute --> Focus Punch. OHKOs even the bulkiest of walls after rocks. Not much else to say here, so let's move on.

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Double Hit
- Low Kick

HA! Who was expecting this? I doubt any of you. Well, maybe. I like to surprise people with threats they know nothing of. Alright, let's get to the actual set. Technician Life Orb Fake Out is outstandingly good and is used to get major damage on large threats. Combine that with Ambipom's amazing speed(outspeeding even Landorus...without a Scarf at least.), and I can pull of a U-Turn or Double Hit depending on the situation.(Double Hit gets a Technician Boost, which is awesome.) Low Kick deals with some heavy walls that could also wall my other attacks. and of course, Jolly for SPEED.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Last but certainly not least(that goes to Slowbro for not being Mega-*shot*) we have Conkeldurr, with the Guts Flame Orb combo. Used to brutally destroy anything the rest of the team might struggle with. Mach Punch for STAB Priority, Drain Punch for STAB and heal, because Burn is going to wear me down, Knock Off items that could help the opponent, and Earthquake for strong coverage. Max Attack, Adamant. More HP to take more damage from burn.

So, now that that's finally done, what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pent

dumb broad
Hey! Just a recommendation, but I would add pictures to your RMT to make it more pleasant to read for us.

Onto the rate though!

First of all, I would run Frisk on Banette since he gets the ability to see the opponent's move before you Mega Evolve. This can help you prepare a Strategy. I would also run Shadow Sneak/Phantom Force for better damage with Stab.
I would run an EV Spread of 252 HP / 168 Sp Def / 88 Def with a Sassy Nature and 0 Speed IVs to do more with Gyro Ball. If you're adamant on running a status move on Ferrothorn, I would run Thunder Wave to cripple Fast Pokemon like Talonflame.
On Ambipom, I would run Return/Frustation instead of Double hit because 1.) Not the best accuracy (90%) and 2.) Return/Frustration does more and you already break Sturdy, Focus Sash, or Multiscale with Fake Out.

Other than that, the team looks really cool, I like the use of RU Pokemon in it.

Hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)