Warstory #3 - The little girl who burped to save us all

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so this is yet another warstory by me. It's the weekend, so I really thought it would be a good idea to make a warstory while I actually have some free time. As always, I have super-duper oddball pokemon in my warstories. I'll take out leftovers recovery because it's wasted space. I hope you enjoy. 9voltdude is very skilled.

Rules

Evasion Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Species Clause

9voltdude's team (in order of appearance)

My team (also in order of appearance)

6-6

9voltdude sent out Aerodactyl (lvl 100 Aerodactyl ?). 100%
bologo sent out Shuckle (lvl 100 Shuckle ?). 100%

With the chucking motion of the pokeball from both sides, the battle commenced. A Shuckle on my side, boasting a tough shell, and an Aerodactyl on the other, with its sawlike fangs. What to do huh? Well, my tough shell can take anything this dino can dish out.

Aerodactyl is exerting its pressure!
Aerodactyl used Taunt.
Shuckle fell for the taunt!
Shuckle used Knock Off.
Shuckle knocked off foe Aerodactyl's Focus Sash!
Aerodactyl lost 2% of its health. 98%

I had been in a huddle with my Shuckle, and we had both decided that it would be best if he would knock the foe's item off. The Aerodactyl then began to flip off my shelled companion. Fortunately, the anger sustained from the taunting only helped as Shuckle had already planned an offensive tactic.

bologo switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?). 100%
Aerodactyl used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

An oddball Aerodactyl it was. I had sent out my eager Donphan in the anticipation of an attack, however, levitating rocks were the result of my closed mind. Planning carefully, my elephant and I decide that we should hurl an icicle at the flying dino, and then spin the rocks out of the field. It does not play out like we had planned however...

9voltdude switched in Dusknoir (lvl 100 Dusknoir ?). 100%
Dusknoir is exerting its pressure!
Donphan used Ice Shard.
Dusknoir lost 9% of its health. 91% + 6% --> 97%

As the icicle was making its way to the ancient creature, my opponent, acting very quickly, had decided to switch in a ghostly ghoul. It took the icicle and had then scared my elephant so much that it could no longer spin. What a pity it was.

bologo switched in Shaymin (lvl 100 Shaymin). 100%
Pointed stones dug into Shaymin.
Shaymin lost 12% of its health. 88%
Dusknoir used Will-o-wisp.
Dusknoir's attack missed! 97 + 6 --> 100%

I knew that my elephant did not stand a chance against that hideous creature, and it is a creature that is known to scorch its prey with a might blue flame known as the "will-o-wisp". This wound would greatly cripple my Donphan, destroying its will to fight.

To mend this dilemma, my mop-top hippie chia pet is sent out to take the burn and grow the skin back at an accelerated rate. Mr. Ghost eats some food in the middle of the battle to regain some health.

Shaymin used Seed Flare.
Dusknoir lost 67% of its health. 33 + 6 --> 39%
Dusknoir used Will-o-wisp.
Shaymin was burned!
Shaymin was hurt by its burn!
Shaymin lost 12% of its health. 76%

Now, Mr. mop-top here wanted to show off his smashing good looks, but also wanted to fight. Being a hot-head with his snazzy specs, I let him go for it and project seeds surrounded by blue flames at the hollow figure of Dusknoir. Shaymin gets what was expected...poor predictable Dusknoir, tsk tsk tsk. Burned and all, Shaymin still wants to stick it out, so I say yes, and the battle continues.

9voltdude switched in Infernape (lvl 100 Infernape ?). 100%
Shaymin used Seed Flare.
It's not very effective...
Infernape lost 60% of its health. 40%
Shaymin was hurt by its burn!
Shaymin lost 12% of its health. 64%

Looks like Dusknoir could not take mop-top's sexiness and wanted out. My opponent decided to send in a monkey...not just any monkey...but a FIRE monkey. Shaymin was still aiming for Dusknoir with his seeds from hell, but Mr. Monkey here decided to ruin his fun and dive in front of it. He got spanked by the seeds though...serves him right...Mop-top decides it might just be a good idea to switch out for now though, just to let his skin heal. Being a hippie and all, he had a protest to go to.

A fire move from a fire monkey was inevitable, so I send out an ancient creature of my own of whom takes very little damage from fire, approximately a quarter of what many other pokemon would take.

bologo switched in Omastar (lvl 100 Omastar ?). 100%
Pointed stones dug into Omastar.
Omastar lost 12% of its health. 88%
Infernape used Flare Blitz.
Omastar lost 14% of its health. 74 + 6 --> 80%
Infernape was hit by recoil!
Infernape lost 5% of its health. 35%
Infernape lost 10% of its health. 25%

Yeouch...my Omastar came in and got smacked in the face by many rocks, and shortly after, a monkey trained in the martial arts comes CHARGING at my creature...luckily, this hit was taken as if it was nothing. Infernape bumped its head on my hard body and took damage of its own in the process. Omastar is a wussy type pokemon, and wanted out right away. I don't really blame him though as Infernape can crack his shell in one hit if he wanted. Fine, I decided...I'll just send in a tough pokemon like my old reliable Shuckle.

bologo switched in Shuckle (lvl 100 Shuckle ?). 100%
Pointed stones dug into Shuckle.
Shuckle lost 25% of its health. 75%
Infernape used Close Combat.
Shuckle lost 53% of its health. 22 + 6 --> 28%
Infernape's defence was lowered.
Infernape's special defence was lowered.
Infernape lost 10% of its health. 15%

Instead of Omastar's shell getting sliced in half, Shuckle is nearly destroyed by levitating rocks and repeated blows to the head...boy oh boy, this guy is going to have serious parkinson's disease when his years start getting on. Infernape was starting to let his guard down though, forgetting to guard the crotch area.

bologo switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?). 100%
Pointed stones dug into Donphan.
Donphan lost 6% of its health. 94%
Infernape used Close Combat.
Donphan lost 46% of its health. 48 + 6 --> 54%
Infernape's defence was lowered.
Infernape's special defence was lowered.
Infernape lost 10% of its health. 5%

My elephant is out for another try. This times she seriously means business in getting rid of those pestering rocks. However, her thick hide takes a big beating from a renegade ape. Infernape is now in desperate need of a jock strap, and cannot take much more or dish out much more.

Infernape used Flare Blitz.
Donphan lost 68% of its health. KO
bologo's Donphan fainted.
Infernape was hit by recoil!
Infernape lost 23% of its health. KO
9voltdude's Infernape fainted.

Use ice shard Donphan! C'mon use it! What? Why not? No, we can spin later, you need to get rid of this renegade ape! Dammit!!! While Donphan was arguing with me about not wanting to do the RIGHT thing, he got a flaming foot in the ass and fainted very fast...however...Infernape could not pull it out with ease either and with the effort sustained from pulling it out, he fainted as well from fatigue. The first kill of the match...and it was a double KO.

5-5

9voltdude switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
bologo switched in Shuckle (lvl 100 Shuckle ?).
Pointed stones dug into Shuckle.
Shuckle lost 25% of its health.
Skarmory used Drill Peck.
Shuckle lost 17% of its health.
bologo's Shuckle fainted. KO

My Shuckle, while still being hurt, was curious as to how smart the opponent was. That being said, he wanted to perform an experiment. He wanted to see if clapping really made things do what he wanted...it worked with clapper lights...so why not a big metal bird that had just come in to play? He did the scientific method and all that, but the opponent did prove to be very intelligent indeed, going on the offensive on such a tough-shelled pokemon. Shuckle had the hypothesis of spikes raining down. If his hypothesis was correct however, the match-up could have ended very quickly, however, this was not the case. That said, a beak driled inside a thick shell and made a permanent hole.

5-4 9voltdude

bologo switched in Shaymin (lvl 100 Shaymin). 64%
Shaymin lost 12% of its health. 52%
Shaymin used Rest.
Shaymin fell asleep!
Shaymin restored 49% of its health. 100%
It's super effective!
Shaymin lost 47% of its health. 53%

Mop-top isn't very comfortable inside a spherical object, so he wanted to sleep outside. He assures me that it will just be a nice little nap...however, while this is happening, a big...thing is drilling into my Shaymin's head of hippie hair.

bologo switched in Omastar (lvl 100 Omastar ?). 80%
Omastar lost 12% of its health. 68%
Omastar lost 9% of its health. 59 + 6 --> 65%

Well, Omastar wants to redeem itself for letting Shuckle get destroyed earlier on, and decides to actually try and do some damage to the metal monstrosity, of whom was still drilling into his skull.

Omastar used Surf.
Skarmory lost 48% of its health. 52%
Skarmory used Whirlwind.

My Omastar decides to pull out the old surfboard from the closet and ride some cool waves on Skarmory...however, although rusting the bird, he rides too high and Skarmory whips up a big wind that causes a rotation of teammates.

bologo switched in Shaymin (lvl 100 Shaymin).
Shaymin lost 12% of its health. 41%

Well, it appeared that hippie mop-top chia pet was dragged in from the wind. He was quite angry now, the wind messed up his beautiful grassy locks.

Shaymin used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 85% of its health. KO
9voltdude's Skarmory fainted.

The hunter had become the hunted at this point. My Shaymin knew that the coyote had to catch the roadrunner eventually, and this was his time now...an angry Shaymin had burnt the metal bird to a crisp. That bird was toast! Yeah...more like...burnt toast...

4-4

9voltdude switched in Cacturne (lvl 100 Cacturne ?).
Shaymin used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Cacturne lost 104% of its health.
Cacturne hung on using its Focus Sash!
Cacturne used Swords Dance.
Cacturne's attack was sharply raised.

Scarecrows are not scary at all...and if the Wizard of Oz has taught us anything, it's that they don't have brains either! Err...I think...anyway, I burn this guy to a crisp...but wait, now I remember! The wizard of Oz gives the scarecrow a medal and he's suddenly super-smart...is the focus sash this guy's medal? Let's see...

Cacturne used Sucker Punch.
Shaymin lost 89% of its health.
bologo's Shaymin fainted. KO

Mop-top goes bald from stress and is very mad and forgets that trying to burn this guy to a crisp AGAIN is not a good idea...the reason being that scarecrows such as this Cacturne can punch him in the gut as he's fretting about his hair. (Yeah I forgot what Cacturne can do, geez.)

4-3 9voltdude

bologo switched in Sableye (lvl 100 Sableye ?). 100%
Pointed stones dug into Sableye.
Sableye lost 12% of its health. 88%
Cacturne used Sucker Punch.
Sableye lost 83% of its health. 5 + 6 --> 11%
Sableye used Payback.
Cacturne lost 25% of its health. KO
9voltdude's Cacturne fainted.

It seems that Shaymin had a friend...a very loyal friend, named Sableye. She wanted in on this match and decided it was time for payback! Although, while doing that, she got a cheap shot thrown right in her face...a very very painful cheap shot...she did her job though, she avenged her friend.

3-3

9voltdude switched in Aerodactyl (lvl 100 Aerodactyl ?). 98%
Aerodactyl is exerting its pressure!
Aerodactyl used Earthquake.
Sableye lost 28% of its health. KO
bologo's Sableye fainted.

Well well...the big dino was out for another round...well as mean as it sounds, Sableye could not do much more, so she had to go. Sorry babe, I wish there could be another way...but I do wonder what would've happened is she did recover...

3-2 9voltdude

bologo switched in Omastar (lvl 100 Omastar ?). 65%
Omastar lost 12% of its health. 53%
Aerodactyl used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Omastar lost 44% of its health. 9 + 6 --> 15%
Omastar used Surf.
It's super effective!
Aerodactyl lost 102% of its health. KO
9voltdude's Aerodactyl fainted.

Omastar wanted to prove to me that it truly was an asset to the team...I agreed to give it another chance and let it take on the prehistoric bird. Still having the surfboard out, he was ready to catch another wave, but in the process, a natural disaster called the earthquake occured, but Omastar knew he could take that hit and surf away...taking Aerodactyl with it.

2-2

9voltdude switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?). 100%
Salamence's intimidate cut Omastar's attack!
Salamence used Brick Break.
It's super effective!
Omastar lost 53% of its health. KO
bologo's Omastar fainted.
Salamence lost 10% of its health. 90%

Omastar knew he did not stand a chance, but he wanted to protect the baby girl in the group, also the trump card of the team, so he took the mighty brick break and suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of dragon-zilla. A mysterious orb was sucking the life out of it with every blow though...the fire monkey had it and now this guy? Hmm...what to do, what to do? Guess the trump card has been hiding long enough...this baby may not be full yet, but she doesn't want to be, beacuse she beats her daddy in every single foot race and swimming competition.

2-1 9voltdude

bologo switched in Poliwhirl (lvl 100 Poliwhirl ?). 100%
Pointed stones dug into Poliwhirl.
Poliwhirl lost 12% of its health. 88 + 6 --> 92%
Poliwhirl used Hypnosis.
Salamence fell asleep!
Salamence is fast asleep!

Well, it's time for daddy's little girl to show him that she's not so little anymore. Can she slay a dragon? We'll have to see. She sure as hell scared the dragon so much that it collapsed and fell asleep. She is very full of food though, she can feel some gas coming...hmm, what a dilemma.

Poliwhirl used Belly Drum.
Poliwhirl lost 50% of its health. 42 + 6 --> 48%
Poliwhirl's attack was raised.
Salamence woke up!
Salamence used Draco Meteor.
Salamence's attack missed!

Well, the answer to this dilemma is to simply pat your belly and burp. That's exactly what she did, and now that the gas weight was off, she was ready to pulverize her enemies...although the burp did have quite an impact, it was one that just rips through the throat. However, on the other side, Salamence came to its senses and woke up...he summoned forth a meteor. Poliwhirl, being motivated by fear, barely dodged the meteor and proceeded to operation: annihilate. (Whew that Draco Meteor almost costed me the game right there!)

Poliwhirl used Return. 48 + 6 --> 54%
A critical hit!
Salamence lost 206% of its health. KO
9voltdude's Salamence fainted.

Poliwhirl wanted everyone to treat her like an adult. She had very high faith in her father who had trained her like a general. This faith had shown in her attack. She was no pushover in the intelligence department either, she was very good at determining weak points, which is exactly what she did. She had leapt in the air gracefully and did exactly what the operation said...annihilate.

1-1

9voltdude switched in Dusknoir (lvl 100 Dusknoir ?).
Dusknoir is exerting its pressure!
Dusknoir used Shadow Sneak.
Poliwhirl lost 25% of its health. 29%
Poliwhirl used Waterfall.
Dusknoir lost 75% of its health. KO
9voltdude's Dusknoir fainted.

Poliwhirl may be a very intelligent and strong girl, but as the final pokemon was sent out...the ugly ghost known as Dusknoir who had hurt her buddy the mop-top, she wanted to destroy him. However, this ghost was no pushover either. A very finicky ghost indeed, and he had snuck up on her before she knew it. Is she ok? I thought so, but she wasn't getting up...I was worried. Dusknoir was laughing, but then my Whirly gave Dusknoir a swirly. She was playing possum, and when his back was turned, he charged at her as fast as a waterfall...and that was the end of Dusknoir.

bologo wins! 1-0

I stood there in awe of my pokemon. With that, I said "Hey everyone! We're getting ice cream today to commemerate your win!" There was the end to the most epic battle that these creatures of mine had faced in their lives...how beautiful...

Pros

+ Poliwhirl is awesome and ALWAYS pulls me off a belly drum

+ Shaymin for doing buttloads of damage with Seed Flare

+ Everyone on my team for actually contributing to the match in some way as opposed to getting owned right away

+ The lucky dodge of the meteor that would've ended the game right then and there

+ 9voltdude is a lot better than a lot of the people I have faced

+ Winning with my knock off team

Cons

- My forgetting to use Ice Shard on Infernape instead of going right for the spin

- Forgetting what the hell Cacturne does

- Shuckle and Sableye for not getting to shine as much as they usually do

- Me for also forgetting that Sableye could take Infernape's Close Combat...but actually, then he would've gotten murdered by Flare Blitz...uhh...

What you should get from this battle

Poliwhirl is NOT completely useless, the extra 20 base speed is really helpful especially with hypnosis...see how I outsped that Salamence? That won me the game by allowing me to belly drum. It can outspeed base 100s that don't have a +speed nature, even Garchomp. It can outspeed, hypnosis, drum up and sweep with a respectable 912 attack (jolly) / 1004 attack (adamant) after a drum...but jolly is a lot better, since its only advantage is speed.

Also, although he was in my other 2 warstories, Shaymin's seed flare is extremely dangerous. Even Dusknoir took 67% from it, and even though my Shaymin is of the Choice Specs variation, that is a lot of damage to something with his defenses.

Yeah, and one more thing. Some of my team members did not perform to their best, but when that happens to you, don't give up! The other members of the team can still pick up the slack, it all depends on how you play them.

Yes guys, you could say this is another STORY-ish warstory like my first story, but this time in the story, I tried really hard to show my predictions and my opponent's skills and all of our playing techniques in this one by making the text say a lot more than it looks like it's saying.

If you don't like reading the commentary, the log is bolded so you can just read that...but yeah, I tried to make a balance this time to cover my narrative writing style and the battle part of a warstory.

Approved by Aeolus

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nice warstory. Shaymin's specs sure help him. Poliwhirl initially made me lol, but then watching it sweep was even funnier.

Awesome Warstory, one of the best I've seen so far. The battle itself is good, the opponents both skilled, your team is amazingly odd, and the commentaries are great.

Awesome story I really like your style Bologo of going against the norm and making a team made up of UU/BL/NU(Poliwhirl I believe) and having just one OU pokemon in Donphan. GJ and congrats on the win!

I liked it, but try to tighten up the flavor text a bit. Perhaps it's my reading style, but there was just too much unnessary "fluff" in the writing. Don't get me wrong, I love a little bit of silly-ness in these stories, but I really draw the line when I have to hear about their hopes and dreams or babies' daddy. On a positive note, I thought this was a fantastic battle to warstory on, and could go either way at many points. Good job.

I'm going to be honest, I love your team and the warstory itself was entertaining. However, I stopped reading the commentary after 9voltdude initially switched in Dusknoir as it was too nonsensical for my tastes.

Colorful commentary is nice and all, but I really don't care to read a shoddy/wifi battle that's been translated into a tacky poke fanfic.

I'm going to be honest, I love your team and the warstory itself was entertaining. However, I stopped reading the commentary after 9voltdude initially switched in Dusknoir as it was too nonsensical for my tastes.

Colorful commentary is nice and all, but I really don't care to read a shoddy/wifi battle that's been translated into a tacky poke fanfic.
I've honestly got to QFT this. Seriously after the stupid "my elephant" shit after you switched in Donphan I just couldn't take it anymore, try not to be over-the-top with the commentary please.

Regardless of that I really liked the Warstory, your usage of every team members was superb, as was your opponent's.

I've honestly got to QFT this. Seriously after the stupid "my elephant" shit after you switched in Donphan I just couldn't take it anymore, try not to be over-the-top with the commentary please.

Regardless of that I really liked the Warstory, your usage of every team members was superb, as was your opponent's.
Agreed.

I love your team and your style, but your commentary drives me crazy

Bologo, nice job with this. Truly a great warstory. I'm wondering why people are complaining, because warstories that explain what you're thinking and incorporate some sort of story that are pulled off so well are quite rare. Really, we get loggish stories all the time, this one actually stands out. A++

Nice WarStory.

But you kept changing the genders of your Pokemon. For example.

My elephant is out for another try. This times she seriously means business in getting rid of those pestering rocks. However, his thick hide takes a big beating from a renegade ape. Infernape is now in desperate need of a jock strap, and cannot take much more or dish out much more.

Bologo, nice job with this. Truly a great warstory. I'm wondering why people are complaining, because warstories that explain what you're thinking and incorporate some sort of story that are pulled off so well are quite rare. Really, we get loggish stories all the time, this one actually stands out. A++
Moderation is the key, sometimes an overly long description can set a very sluggish pace for a warstory. Controlling the urge to tell everyone how your Oddish was feeling when he went to the airport will make all the difference in the world. This is more of a battle-oriented fanfic than a white-knuckle warstory - - - even though it is a pretty heated battle.

I loved reading it, and it's nice seeing pokemon not used alot(poliwhirl, sableye, omastar)being used.

nice battling you bologo, I had no idea this would end up as a warstory. but you have to admit, if that draco meteor wouldn't of missed at the end then I would of won, also the poliwhirl outsped my salamence because I didn't max out its speed EV (since its mixed). very nice warstory though, you should try fighting me again, I have made changes to this team ;) (believe it or not but the team you fought I threw together in 5 minutes lol, I even forgot to put leftys on skarm, I think it had shed shell or something).

I liked it, but try to tighten up the flavor text a bit. Perhaps it's my reading style, but there was just too much unnessary "fluff" in the writing. Don't get me wrong, I love a little bit of silly-ness in these stories, but I really draw the line when I have to hear about their hopes and dreams or babies' daddy. On a positive note, I thought this was a fantastic battle to warstory on, and could go either way at many points. Good job.
yeah this got pretty annoying, but still a good warstory

Hey there Bologo.
I'll admit, the descriptions got over the top. I didn't really read them after a while... However, the battle itself was entertaining. You used UU pokemon versus his OU pokemon, though both of you were skilled. You always have a UU style...

yeah the writing and story telling i didnt like much, but thats just personal preference, great story, great team, i hope this goes to the warstory archive.

Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus
Nice WarStory.

But you kept changing the genders of your Pokemon. For example.

My elephant is out for another try. This times she seriously means business in getting rid of those pestering rocks. However, his thick hide takes a big beating from a renegade ape. Infernape is now in desperate need of a jock strap, and cannot take much more or dish out much more.
Ahah, thanks for that. Edited.

Regardless of whether you liked the warstory or not, thanks for commenting.

I just wanted to do another story-ish warstory again beacuse I do remember someone requested that I do another one in my first warstory thread. But I also saw how much everyone liked my second warstory, so I decided to basically do a merge of the two in my writing, so that it wasn't just a story, but also not just a battle. It's unfortunately really tough to make a perfect balance, so I can see why some people didn't like the commentary, but ah well, that's why the log is bolded if the commentary starts getting to be too much.

Thanks a lot for the comments on my team though. I will fight you again sometime 9voltdude, eh. ;]

Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus
I like this warstory alot! By the way, I don't get the title...
Ehh, my Poliwhirl is female, she ate a lot before the match, but the belly drum allowed her to burp, just like taking off the weighted clothing, and she saved the match by winning it. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)