[WARSTORY] My trip to Nintendo World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Classic Ribbon. It's the same as the one I have on my Darkrai, so it can't be cloned.

This thread says otherwise, It's pretty confusing, one thing says it's real another says that it's fake, however, I'm going with the more known member and my gut feeling, and saying that's probably not true.

Now that I think about it, this doesn't seem so true. The guy has one post. D/P didn't come out yesterday, they should have dolls of like Lucario, Munchlax, etc. It it is very easy to make a Piplup shiny, and to give it Baton Pass with AR, Pokesav (I'm guessing).

Now that I think about it, this doesn't seem so true. The guy has one post. D/P didn't come out yesterday, they should have dolls of like Lucario, Munchlax, etc. It it is very easy to make a Piplup shiny, and to give it Baton Pass with AR, Pokesav (I'm guessing).
You'd be right, it is incredibly easy.

All I can say is, though it looks sort-of legit, you posted this at 6:31 p.m., and all the screenshot pictures were taken yesterday at 6:22 p.m. or so. Granted, your camera might not have had the right time, I guess.

Also, what's really weird, is that (though all the screenshot pictures were taken from a Pentax camera and have the full normal data) all the pictures that are from the store and AREN'T screenshot pictures have absolutely no EXIF data other than the normal resolution stuff. :(

In your defense, there are quite a few pictures of that Gulf War Gameboy on the internet, but none that I could find offhand are the same as yours.

When a poke is pokesaved without the secret ID, it says Apparently met instead of met on the 2nd screen, so this poke was pokesaved, and therefore illegit? Unless events say apparently, which I dont think they do..

Oh this message popped up on serebii chat I was using:

-Captain_Chris- Attention all members of the chat. Due to a hoax that has spread on the 'net, be on the look out for "shiny," Baton Passing Sinnoh starters and a Cresselia that can use Wish. These four have been confirmed to be fake and are not being passed out at Nintendo World this Saturday as the hoax wishes you to believe.
[02:03] -Captain_Chris- If you encounter anyone who attempts to trade you these Pokémon, inform an Op right away. Again, the Sinnoh starters are claimed to have Baton Pass, caught in a Cherish Ball, have a Classic Ribbon and are "shiny," while the Cresselia has Wish. NONE of those are legit, so please be aware of anyone who attempts to scam you.

Here's an idea: has anyone actually, yano, called the store?
I and several others have called. They had no idea what anyone was talking about and were quite pissed that people kept calling them because someone spread a very poorly made hoax on the 'net.

Now let's look at the topic creator's post.

Pics seem legit. Not bad looking pics. Except for the plushes. Notice how everything in the first few ones look rather sharp and clear, yet the picture with the *dated* plushes looks somewhat blurry.

Now we move on to the actual Pokémon. Seems like everything's in order, except for a few things.

When Nintendo advertises an event, they never have it occur before it's set to occur. Also, the Piplup's OT is rather suspicious. Back in the GBA days, they had standard machines to transfer the Pokémon because wireless was not around until FireRed/LeafGreen came around. And even then, support was pretty much dropped when they sold the wireless devices alone. The stand alone machines each have their own OT and ID. Four machines with four different OTs (PCNYa, PCNYb, PCNYc, PCNYd) and the IDs represented the number Pokémon it was that was given out of 1000 (so the IDs ranged from 0001 to 01000). Isn't it strange how pretty much every DS event that has occured so far has been done through wireless connections? And considering they use the same technology for supplying DS demos, it shouldn't be hard to do the same.

Also, if you take a look at my (incomplete) list of event given Pokémon, you'll notice I haven't listed any of the non-PCNYd machines from past events as at the time I wasn't fully aware of how they were distributed.

And because the of that, it should also be noted that only the Japanese Pokémon Center events have used the name of Center's location as the OT and date given out as the ID.

Do note that absolutely no Pokémon is ever given out at such an incredibly low level for this kind of event. They've given out eggs, decently leveled Pokémon and incredibly high level ones. Never has it been anywhere that low before and I can't imagine they would start now.

Also observe that the poster has absolutely no background history to back his claims up. He came out of nowhere after only having supposedly lurked around a while. Photographs of the Pokémon in question aren't enough either, as just about anyone with half a brain can make easy and quick use of Pokesav to create just about anything.

It's a genuine fake. And really, why would Nintendo World care if people flood their stores regarding Pokémon? They've had no problems when Diamond and Pearl was released. They hosted launch celebrations for DS Lite and Wii as well. A store that also hosts tournaments once at the beginning of every month that gives people two weeks to register should be well known for drawing in a lot of customers and expecting it.

I'm going to have to agree with the dude above me. It's fake, my friends and I asked some people at the store and they looked pretty pissed at us. They told us that it's not going to happen. Though I am going on Saturday just so I can go battle the people who think they are going to get a BP Starter or Wishsselia.

Those pics can be of any ol' time he was at Nintendo world. Though, you have to admit, Nintendo World is pretty pwn.

This was a great read (I loled at the Gulf War gameboy). And that piplup you got is sexay.. Man, I wish I could go to Nintendo World just once. The one time I wanted to go (when me and my family where in NYC) it was closed for a couple of months because they were renewing it. I'm new here too.

Man, every time someone makes one of these threads about this "event" the first 10 responses are like a flood of gullibility.

I tell you what, this will be good for business for them on SAtruday, at least.

Watch, they'll decide to do it, now that everyone knows it was a hoax.

I wish it was true, I hope it could be true, but it's definitely too good to be true....

Plus, who in their right mind wouldn't try to get all four supposed Pokemon if they had a friend working there? (never mind good IVs/Natures....) EDIT: Or even just Wish Cressy and the BP Chimchar....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)