(Warstory) Super awesome Physcial Gengar with a major twist (Warstory)

I made another team on shoddy the other day and decided to give them a test run, I thought the battle wouldn’t be much but was I wrong.

My team: (in order of appernace) Ninjask, Gengar, Weavile Roserade, Bliss, Linoone

Panamon’s team (in order of appearance): Gyrados, Gengar, Electivire, Porygon Z, Lucario, Heatran.

f1stzero sent out Ninjask (Ninjask ♂).
Panamon sent out Gyarados (Gyarados ♂).
Gyarados's intimidate cut Ninjask's attack!

So I through out ninjask, ok I know that a taunt is coming so I might as well protect so I can get that speed boost and then battonpass.

Ninjask used Protect.
Ninjask protected itself!
Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.
Ninjask's Speed Boost raised its speed!
Well that was unexpected, I guess I got out predicted, oh well time to Dance.

Ninjask used Swords Dance.
Ninjask's attack was sharply raised.
Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.
Stupid gyra keep dragon dancing, I need to kill that thing now, only one more turn…. *laughs manically*

Ninjask used Swords Dance.
Ninjask's attack was sharply raised.
Gyarados used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Ninjask lost 596% of its health.
Ninjask hung on using its Focus Sash!
Yes finally two sword dances, that should be enough to cancel out that intimidate, that thing is finished, time to bring out the ultimate rape weapon

Ninjask used Baton Pass.
f1stzero switched in Gengar (Gengar ♂).

Yes my friends GENGAR, “but then u danced for nothing” is what you are thinking huh, ladies and gentlemen I introduce PHYSICAL GENGAR. Sure it doesn’t pack a strong punch, but after a few swords and some speed this thing puts on the ultimate rape.

Gyarados used Stone Edge.
Gyarados's attack missed!
Good thing that missed, I had a focus sash but I am goanna need that for later, time for Gengar sweep.

Gengar used Thunderpunch.
It's super effective!
Gyarados lost 195% of its health.
Panamon's Gyarados fainted.
6-5 And Gyrados goes down to the dragon pokemon grave in hell.

Panamon switched in Gengar (Gengar ♂).
Gengar lost 87% of its health.
Gengar used Thunderbolt.
Gengar lost 56% of its health.
WTF, that is some bulky Gengar, well I will KO it next turn

Panamon switched in Electivire (Electivire ♂).
Electivire's Motor Drive increased its speed!
So what I have plenty of speed to outrun that shit, come on bitch come at me!!!!!

Gengar used Destiny Bond.
Gengar is trying to take its foe with it!
Electivire used Thunderpunch.
Gengar lost 80% of its health.
f1stzero's Gengar fainted.
Gengar took Electivire with it!
Panamon's Electivire fainted.
5-4 I knew that I couldn’t OHKO that that thing so might as well get a free kill, Good job Gengar J.

f1stzero switched in Ninjask (Ninjask ♂).
Panamon switched in Porygonz (Porygonz).

Yeah, it has 1 HP left might as well try to some damage or get some speed to someone.

Ninjask used Protect.
Porygonz used Tri Attack.
After I thought about it, I thought it would be better to just try and dent that Porygon with as much damage as possible.

Panamon switched in Lucario (Lucario ♂).
Ninjask used X-Scissor.
It's not very effective...
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
Lucario's leftovers restored its health a little!
I knew what was coming so I decide to sacrifice it.

Lucario used Extremespeed.
Ninjask lost 40% of its health.
f1stzero's Ninjask fainted.

4-4

f1stzero switched in Weavile (Weavile ♂).
Weavile is exerting its pressure!

This is where I mess up, I should have used counter but it slipped my mind.

Weavile used Swords Dance.
Weavile's attack was sharply raised.
Lucario used Close Combat.
It's super effective!
Weavile lost 346% of its health.
Weavile hung on using its Focus Sash!
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Yeah I know I am stupid, Good bye my beloved Weavile :(.

Weavile lost 36% of its health.
f1stzero's Weavile fainted.
3-4 This isn’t looking so good…

f1stzero switched in Roserade (Roserade ♂).

I took out Roserade to attack Lucario’s weak point for massive damage.

Roserade used Extrasensory.
Lucario lost 68% of its health.
Lucario used Close Combat.
Roserade lost 49% of its health.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Grr…r I thought I could kill it, I know whats coming next… L

Roserade lost 46% of its health.
Roserade used Extrasensory.
Lucario lost 94% of its health.
Panamon's Lucario fainted.
3-3 yes with 5% left my Roserade finally took out that Anbus looking bastard, good bye.

Panamon switched in Gengar (Gengar ♂).
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Roserade lost 54% of its health.
f1stzero's Roserade fainted.
2-3 Aw well, Roserade played its part *hero music*

f1stzero switched in Blissey (Blissey ♀).

I decide to gamble a bit so here goes nothing…

Gengar used Focus Blast.
It's super effective!
Blissey lost 34% of its health.
Blissey's special defence was lowered.

Well that isn’t good at all, hax…

Blissey used Thunder Wave.
Gengar is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

f1stzero switched in Linoone (Linoone ♂).
Gengar is paralysed! It can't move!
So far so good

Linoone used Substitute.
Linoone lost 25% of its health.
Linoone made a substitute!
Haha its over now, * laughs manically again*

Linoone used Belly Drum.
Linoone lost 50% of its health.
Linoone's attack was raised.
Linoone's Salac Berry raised its speed!
YAY, woot its all set up now, time for my ultimate sweep

Linoone used Shadow Claw.
It's super effective!
Gengar lost 264% of its health.
Panamon's Gengar fainted.
2-2

Panamon switched in Porygonz (Porygonz).
Linoone used Extremespeed.
Porygonz lost 187% of its health.
Panamon's Porygonz fainted.
AHAHAHAHH its over you messed up piece of software.

Panamon switched in Heatran (Heatran ♂).
Heatran lost 52% of its health.
Heatran used Earth Power.
The substitute took damage for Linoone!
Linoone's substitute faded!
Heatran's leftovers restored its health a little!
Heatran restored 6% of its health.

Heatran lost 52% of its health.
Heatran used Earth Power.
Linoone lost 49% of its health.
f1stzero's Linoone fainted.
Heatran's leftovers restored its health a little!
Heatran restored 6% of its health.
NOOoOOoOOooo, stupid left overs, oh well I still have Blissey left I got this in the bag.

f1stzero switched in Blissey (Blissey ♀).

Here comes my moment of glory :D

Heatran used Explosion.
Blissey lost 142% of its health.
f1stzero's Blissey fainted.
Heatran fainted

IT’S A DRAW !!!!!!!!!!!
Aw well gg

Pros:
Gengar for being totally awesome
Bliss for paralyzing gengar and giving linoone time to setup
Roserade for taking out that gay lucario
Ninjask for being Bad ass
Panamon for a great battle!!!

Cons
Lucario for being annoying
Weavile for not doing shit, (well that was my fault)
Heatran for blowing up in my face.

Wow! this is a crazy warstory, It just proves my point, that in D/P anti-standards can make one go mad...

Some questions though, what is your physical gengar complete set? was it using Choice Band?

And, I think you won, Exploding on last pokemon is insta-lose last time I checked.

Heh, I actually liked reading that. It didn't drone on forever which was nice. I would've liked to see more from Gengar, and I'm very surprised Gyarados didn't taunt your lolNinjask.

Just curious, what moveset did your Gengar have?

EDIT - oh, and what's the official stance on exploding with the last Pokemon?

I really can't see a use to physical Gengar. What coverage could it possibly gain, and what doesn't special 'Gar do better?

I was just throwing some ideas around when i came up with this set.
Gengar @ focus sash
Jolly
Levitate
252/252 speed/att
Brick Brake (for weavile mostly)
Destiny Bont
Thunder Punch / Ice Punch (miniature boltbeam pseudo)

I am not completley done with it, i am still reworking it

I really can't see a use to physical Gengar. What coverage could it possibly gain, and what doesn't special 'Gar do better?
Surprise the living shit out of your opponent and confusing them so much it hurts?

Really! all this new strange sets are what makes D/P exiting (at least for me) and less of that boring repetitive metagame we had in the last 2 generations.

Surprise the living shit out of your opponent and confusing them so much it hurts?

Really! all this new strange sets are what makes D/P exiting (at least for me) and less of that boring repetitive metagame we had in the last 2 generations.
Exactly, since i couldn't surprise my opponent with a Chainchomp or Specs Mence I decided to come up with my own little "F U".
Besides how can u surprise an opponnent with chainchomp if it is already widley spread and people expect it?? But since this Gengar is one of a kind no one does expect it.

i didnt like this warstory, because
A) passing that much Speed and that much Attack safely should merit the sweep of an entire team. Gengars and Electivires should be easily OHKO'd by a pokemon with +3 Atk.
and
B) your opponent played against Ninjask horrifically. that was some of the worst baton pass "countering" i'd ever seen. and yet still, somehow, the only reason you were still in this game is because your opponents Gengar was Fully Paralyzed for an absolutely ridiculous length of time.

i didnt like this warstory, because
A) passing that much Speed and that much Attack safely should merit the sweep of an entire team. Gengars and Electivires should be easily OHKO'd by a pokemon with +3 Atk.
and
B) your opponent played against Ninjask horrifically. that was some of the worst baton pass "countering" i'd ever seen. and yet still, somehow, the only reason you were still in this game is because your opponents Gengar was Fully Paralyzed for an absolutely ridiculous length of time.
His pokemon were bulky, especially that gengar, and so what if I tied by some luck, I am not the only one

I honestly stopped reading after:
Yes my friends GENGAR, “but then u danced for nothing” is what you are thinking huh, ladies and gentlemen I introduce PHYSICAL GENGAR. Sure it doesn’t pack a strong punch, but after a few swords and some speed this thing puts on the ultimate rape.
I may be no expert, but isn't that true for about any physical sweeper?

the only reason you were still in this game is because your opponents Gengar was Fully Paralyzed for an absolutely ridiculous length of time.
Speaking of that, I really think that Shoddy's way of handling Paralyzed status is bad, REAL BAD, I once was Fully Paralyzed for about 8 turns (3 different pokemon)

Also, sure he could have swept the entire team with something like Infernape, but its a gimmick set, what do you expect?

nor are you apparently, f1stzero
Sir_Lu is very much in the right
You may be showing off some gimmick sets and whatnot, but dude
Gengar has 65 base atk and 130 base for special
At least pick another poke to do it
Gengar's unpredictable enough anyway

why are you people downing on me, i came up with this set because i thought it would be neat and work, and it did. Just because it didn't do anything surprising doesn't mean it don' t work, this Gengar catches many people of guard.

why are you people downing on me, i came up with this set because i thought it would be neat and work, and it did. Just because it didn't do anything surprising doesn't mean it don' t work, this Gengar catches many people of guard.
People aren't saying that the Gengar set didn't work in this battle, but that you could chosen something much better, especially given the freedom of Shoddybattle. Any experienced battler would have countered you and given you a much harder time once they saw what you were trying to pull. Still though, good warstory and an interesting read.

if you didn't pass anything to it, I doubt it would have done any damage even if you did surprise someone. And you could've passed "to any (slow) sweeper"

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
If he was going to taunt you...
Protect
Taunt
???
Taunt

You fail

End of story, physical Gengar is less useful than special Slaking. You need to pass who the hell knows how many attack boosts to make it remotely useful, and if you NEED a set-up to use something at all, and the set up is a one-time thing like SD Sheddy... End of story, this was a one in a million lucky battle to be able to pull it off.

Well to all those dissing him, it is better than using the same old things over and over. Although with that sort of boost, shouldn't it have been a team KO?

Well to all those dissing him, it is better than using the same old things over and over.
Not if the new things are really, really badly flawed. As many people have said, with that much of an attack/speed boost you could've passed to something that had more than base 65 attack and easily swept. Or at least, you could've done a lot more damage than you did.

This could be a retarded/ridiculous question but brick break mainly for weavile, why not hp fighting or are there better special type fighting attacks? ( I am pretty bad at / new to D/P metagame)

this gengar isn't anything serious, its just a gimmick set that i came up with. So what if a special Gengar works better, I just wanted to be a bit original with it.

Wait, Linoone? Definitely the most interesting of the Belly Drum users I've seen. You should be fortunate that you got a free switch on Panamon's Gengar or the eminent Focus Blast (100% sure it was going to be a Focus Blast) would've screwed him up, for sure. I should know; the only time a Linoone has ever switched in on me, it was on my Spiritomb that launched a HP Fighting anticipating a switch of some kind. Needless to say, that Linoone couldn't take it.
Wait, did I do that against you? If I was at my home computer now, I could check my Shoddy Battle logs (I'm pretty sure I saved the log for the battle I did that in.) to make sure. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic. About the war story...

The battle itself wasn't too bad. I do agree with pretty much everyone that Passing to Gengar wasn't the best option. I wonder if Weavile would've done better with those boosts...

Still, it's the first battle I've personally seen end in a draw, so that made this worth my time. Nice work.

(That reminds me: I need to get back in touch with LordS...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)