1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Watching the Anime Without All the Filler

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by AstralFire, Oct 9, 2013.

1. AstralFire

AstralFire

I am of the opinion that, save for the BW arc, the anime's pretty decent when it's not in filler. The problem is that it is all goddamned filler.

This girl made a wonderful list based on episode summaries that cuts out every totally vapid and meaningless episode. It's not perfect (it's missing the episodes where Charizard and Ash finally bond) but she's making changes as she finds holes.

Pokemon Fast Track Viewing List
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  2. cant say

cant say

Wow this is pretty legit. I was actually thinking of compiling a similar list for myself to watch before the XY arc starts so this helps a whole lot
  3. Magicxgame

Magicxgame

I actually did something like this once, though I never posted it online and I was a lot more lenient in what I considered non-filler. Personally, I would include important episodes with Ash's traveling partners as well, but I've skimmed over it and it seems like a good list. Might actually try watching the listed episodes myself sometime.
  4. Stone RG

Stone RG Megas are broke

Nice list, the only problem is, Ash gets reset every gen. Dont think im being sardonic, i think that way of separating every season is useful, a lot, but even then, after going to the next gen, you WILL notice that ash suddenly gets amnesia about everything he learned in the past region, so, he has no character development to say the least. :[

Id like more people to read the manga, because there are actually well written characters and non-repetitive plots, and people would actually see what a pokemon story can be if taken seriously.
    Karxrida likes this.
  5. AstralFire

AstralFire

Eh. I would rather this not be a manga thread. I don't care for the manga for various reasons, though it has its moments, and I get really tired of people pushing Red.
  6. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

If you think the anime is decent after watching the episode where Ash fights Clay, you probably just like really generic things. Literally any line in it can be put in another battle anywhere and you would not be able to tell the difference.
    SapphSabre777 and Karxrida like this.
  7. Proc Trainer

Proc Trainer

I personally think that the anime overall is decent, especially since it's catered toward children than us older folk. I actually think that the filler is quite fun to watch because it helps expand the Pokémon world in a way that's not possible through the limited medium of the games.
  8. Stale FIsh

Stale FIsh

I was just thinking of watching the series without all the filler so I appreciate that someone took the time to make a list. The episodes that always excited me the most were rival battles or evolution episodes and gym/league battles. Lets face it, the show is aimed at young children but the epic battles make for good show. I just eventually either hate the partner characters or could care less. Ash gets more naive and annoying with every season so I'd rather just stick to the good battles.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)