Water / Rain Team

This is obviously still a work in progress and I am willing to make any changes! Let me know what you think.

Rotom-W (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 250 SpD / 220 HP / 38 Def
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

I figure Rotom-W would work as a pretty good lead for me. I can get a quick burn off right away and then use volt switch to back out at any moment. This Rotom is certainly a bit bulky and gives me pretty good coverage, considering that I'm running a water / rain team. Another interesting thing that I plan on doing with my Rotom-W, is using volt switch to knock out an opponent and then do a double switch.

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 220 SpA / 200 SpD / 90 Def
Modest Nature (+ SpA, - Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Politoed isn't just here to make it rain out, he's actually quite the nuisance. Right off the bat, I like using hypnosis, because no one likes having a sleeping Pokemon. Ice Beam gives Politoed coverage against grass types. As for Hydro Pump, well I'll utilize it's power with Politoed's drizzle ability.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability Pressure
EVs: 250 SpD / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Suicune is my special defense wall. After a few calm minds, there is really nothing that can stop Suicune. Not only will it's special defense raise, but as will it's special attack. Surf gives me STAB, ice beam is a nice coverage against grass and then shadow ball offers a lot of coverage and some pretty nice pop. However, if there's any suggestions about changing shadow ball to something else, let me know!

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent (Not sure why I don't have Rain Dish)
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 Def
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Aqua Ring
- Surf
- Ice Beam

First things first, I'll set up my aqua ring. Therefore, I'll add HP from leftovers and then aqua ring as I go on. Then I plan on using toxic, which is certainly annoying. Blastoise is a bit of a wall and a bit of a stall. I can do a lot with him with this moveset. I might argue that Blastoise is the core of my team.

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 250 SpD / 200 SpA / 54 Def
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Protect

You do not want to mess with my Ludicolo...it will be a very slow and painful death. Assuming that a bunch of my opponent's Pokemon are either burnt or poisoned, I'll get my leech seed off. Along with gaining HP from leech seed and the rain, due to my Rain Dish ability, I'll grab some more HP with giga drain. Protect gives me some time to heal up if I need to and scald gives me STAB and I believe a 30 percent change to burn.

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Protect
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

I'm not entirely sold on Sharpedo, but I do like using him as my physical sweeper...plus he's pretty badass. With the ability of speed boost, I'll start off using protect, so then I'll be pretty much guaranteed to out speed my opponent. Crunch gives me STAB, earthquake is pretty powerful and waterfall not only gives me STAB but there's also a chance of flinching, which will help considering how poor Sharpedo's defensive stats are.

This thread looks boring. :/ Ya'know what it needs? Moving sprites or at least pictures. Anyway on to the rate! I'll go over each poke individually, so let's go!

Looks good, but is walled by grass types like Celebi. Give him HP Ice over Thunderbolt.

Hypnosis is very risky, but if your willing to take the risk then go for it! Anyway, why are you using Psychic? Encore or Perish Song are interesting options in it's place.

Just a very "meh" Pokemon. Try using Jellicent instead. Its a great special wall, with recovery and Taunt.

Jellicent@Leftovers

Water Absorb
252 HP 4 SpAtk 252 SpDef

Scald
Shadow Ball
Recover
Toxic

In addition to having the greatest moustache ever, Jellicent has amazing special defense, making him a much better special wall then Suicune.

Also meh... You can't just throw 6 water types onto a team and call it a day. You need some variety. Assuming we keep Rotom, Jellicent, and Politoed, that's already three water types, which is more than enough. So replace Blastoise with Ferrothorn. Ferro and Jelli work together amazingly. Plus Ferro supplies Stealth Rocks to a team that has none, like yours.

Ferrothorn@Leftovers

Iron Barbs
252 HP 258 Def 48 SpDef

Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Thunder Wave
Power Whip

Ferro is a defensive monster, with two good attacks, stelath rocks, and thunder wave, he becomes one of the best walls in OU. Plus, his fire weakness is reduced in Rain.

I love Ludicolo, but sadly, you have to many water types on your team. However, there is a pokemon that has Leech Seed, and can easily be a major threat to your opponent.

Breloom@Toxic Orb

Poison Heal
252 Atk 4 HP 252 Sped

Substitute
Spore
Focus Punch
Leech Seed

Just Spore something, set up Substitute, and use Focus Punch and Leech Seed to destroy the opponent. Simple.

Sharpedo is alright, but it is destroyed by all priority moves and can't break through walls like Ferrothorn and Forretress. You should try a Rain Sweeper Dragonite. Thunder and Hurricane get boosted in the rain and are great for sweeping.

Dragonite@Life Orb

Multiscale
252 SpAtk 4 SpDef 252 Sped

Hurricane
Thunder
Aqua Tail
ExtremeSpeed

A great Rain sweeper, and a dragon type which is able to power through almost anything.

Start:

Finish:

Your team is now a lot more balanced, with more than just 6 water types. It has sturdy walls, and powerful sweeping potential. I hope I helped, and I really hope you make these changes :D

Thank you very much for you advice!!! Sadly, I'm trying to make a mono-water team and I kinda want to utilize Politoed's drizzle ability.

I finally figured out how to add sprites too! Thank you for doing that. It looks great.

As for you recommendations, I like them all. Especially the Jellicent. However, like I said, I'm trying to go all water types. It's a challenge that I want to complete!

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)