Waterfall Damage Variance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today in my match of Phantom__IV (with two underscores) vs. stalltastic, I ran into a very interesting glitch.

I was using a LO Kyogre, Quiet, with 4 attack EVs in Under Trick room, and came across his Wobbuffet. Turn 1, I use Waterfall for 37% damage as he counters. Next turn he outspeeds me (because TR is up) and used Encore, forcing me to Waterfall again, but this time for only 20% damage. It was raining the whole time and the second hit DID NOT KO. Trick room was up both these turns.

There is no way that Waterfall damage could have varied that much, and a 4 Att LO Quiet Kyogre Waterfall in rain vs Wobbuffet should do 36-43% damage (assuming calm). I would assume that for some reason my second attack ignored the Rain and LO boosts, dealing only 20%.

I had wanted to save the log, but forgot to =( The battle was performed on the Ubers Ladder, just five minutes ago (4:31 eastern US time) if you can look it up.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I think this is a known glitch. There is some issue with wobb encoring people, I'm fairly sure it negates any boosts after the encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)