We Forgot the Name!

Greetings, this is my first RMT, so I do hope that it is up to stuff with the format and such.

But I'm not here to rabble on about the format's, I'm here to rabble on about my team! Let's take a look at it real quick like...

AT A GLANCE:

Well, seeing Timburr and Missy isn't out of the ordinary in LC... Am I right?
However, I have the naught often seen as of late Buizel and Zorua-this stems off of the need for multiple tails and foxes on my team I suppose... But like any good team, each pokemon has a certain Niche and are flexible enough to not be a one trick Blitzle.

LET'S TAKE A CLOSER LOOK..

Timburr (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 SDef / 76 Def
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
Ah, Timburr, he's honestly my favorite fighting type in LC-considering Tyrogue is terrible-and is great for a variety of different situations. Forgoing Drain Punch for Facade was very thought out choice, I used to run Iron Fist but Timburr just got statused constantly and the Guts boost was a lot more helpful. Facade is actually better than Drain Punch as he wasn't getting much longlivity with the move and I'm liking the hitting power that I'm sending off A LOT more than healing barely anything-plus, it gives me a move that hits harder than Ice Punch. Getting a bulk up is always nice, as with Eviolite he can tank quite a number of hits and just continuously fire off Mach Punch or Facade and tear through teams if given the chance.

Misdreavus (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 SDef / 36 SAtk / 236 Def
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
Ah, Missy. You see her, a Murkrow, or a Mienfoo on every team-but it's easy to see... Right? Actually, I don't know whether it's just me or this set, I can't really seem to use her effectively. I pass along a Will-O-Wisp or two and then maybe send off a Shadow Ball, but when I do get a Nasty Plot off it's just really unsatisfying with each kill that she gets. Also, I really think that I've used Pain Split only once, and that was by Mis-click.

Koffing (M) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 SDef / 36 SAtk / 236 Def
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
Geeze, this guy is awesome. He's smogon's mascot for a good reason, not much can stop him. Will-O-Wisp is a great move that hits Bronzor's and Ferroseed's that want switch in on him, which Flamethrower nabs some nifty hits on regardless, and a great typing advantage of Poison + Levitate make him only weak to Psychic types... Which he has a great buddy that can prevent them from doing much anyways. Protect may seem a little odd, but it works great with stalling out the foe with burn and sometimes residual damage.

Buizel (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Water Veil
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk / 36 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Brick Break
- Waterfall
- Me First
Where do I start with this guy? I adore Buizel's and he comes off with a great speed and a wonderful attack. Pure water typing is great with only being weak to grass and electric type moves, and he can hit a great deal of things no problem. Brick Break is great as a common switch in to Buizel is usually something with Steel typing, like Magnemite. Waterfall is a wonderful STAB attack when I'm sure that he outspeeds things, but priority Aqua Jet is there for certain ground types that like speed(Drilbur). Me First is a little bit of an odd choice, what with him being without a Scarf, but his speed is good enough for him to roll with it. Notable things that the move hits is Missy with her Shadow Ball(Yes, your nasty plot boost does no good) and the few Dragon's in the tier, who decide Outrage is a safe thing to do as I lack a steel type too stop it. Magnemite can still survive a Brick Break unless I catch it on the switch though. :(

Zorua (F) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 196 SDef / 116 Atk / 196 Spd
Gentle Nature
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
- Knock Off
This is the other part of my Koffing core I have going on, and this gal is usually my lead! Pretending to be Koffing, usually leads to funny situations with Abra's when they try to OHKO with Psychic type attacks. Spreading Knock Off is great as she's fast enough to get the move off and LOT of things are much easier to take down once they lose their eviolite. Spreading Toxic is great as it keeps the illusion of Zorua being Koffing up which the pretending abilities of her sometimes force a switch. U-Turn is really needed on her as she likes to get out of there for another pretend moment. She can actually work great as pretending to be some of my other pokes as well, forcing switches often. As a final note, Sucker Punch is wonderful.

Shellder (F) @ Razor Fang
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard
Last but not least, we have Shellder. She is, imo, the best shell smasher there is. Clampearl, move over for this beast! The item for her was a tough choice, Eviolite and Oran berry both had their merits, but usally getting hit by a SpA with either of them on didn't help things out... So, I put on Razor Fang. 40% too flinch is very helpful when fighting certain foes, and the item works well with or without Shell Smash. Icicle Spear and Rock Blast hit almost EVERYTHING for neutral coverage, and Razor Fang flinch bonus helps take down walls such as Bronzor, whom stop this for days normally when it's without the Razor Fang. Ice Shard is used over Hydro Pump as that latter has low acc, only really hits Bronzor, and was much less useful than going for a flinch chance normally, Ice Shard give me not only Priority, but it goes off her nice attack stat, and while small and unreliable, it does get a small flinch chance that is a little nice in some situations.

And will yah look at that, we made it through the entire team in fairly decent detail. I hope you enjoy my team, any helpful comments that can help out the team would be nice-or even a good replacement for Missy as she doesn't really have good team energy with anyone!

I've noticed that the main threats to my team are Electric types, I can't really do much to them. Magnemite with Volt Switch is just... Bleh.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :D
(This looked longer when I was typing it. o3o)

This looks like a very strong team to me. However, you did mention not liking misdreavus's synergy. I also noticed you're lack of entry hazards. So I would reccomend replacing misdreavus with sandshrew. Not only can he lay down stealth rocks, he can spin them away. He also has decent synergy with buizel, switching into electric attacks that threaten him with no problem. Eviolite is the obvious item, as it greatly increases sandshrew's longetivity. stealth rock is a must as it is sandshrew's biggest purpose on this team. Rapid spin is also there for obvious reasons. I'd reccomend night slash, to hit certain spinblockers, such as duskull and misdreavus, hard. The last moveslot is a whatever you deem fit. Opions such as earthquake, for a powerful Stab, and rock slide, for coverage come to mind. Good luck with the team!

Thanks! That'd actually work well with my team-I was considering a ground type but never thought of Sandshrew till now. I'll try him out. ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)