We Need To Go Deeper... (DW Ubers RMT)

Hey everyone, how's it going? So in an attempt to fight off my impatience for the arrival of Black and White stateside, I've been playing through some of my older games, as far back and RSE, and decided that I should revamp my Uber team from last generation to suit Black and White. The old version can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71404

The Team At A Glance

Assembling Its Members

The first challenge was to select which pokemon I wanted to base my team around. My last team focused on ResTalk CM Kyogre, so this time I wanted to look for a faster sweeper that didn't take as long to set up. RP Groudon came to mind first, and DDRay quickly followed. Finally, I came across Latios, a relatively forgotten sweeper living in the shadows of Darkrai, Kyogre, and Ho-oh as of late. Bulk, speed, and power all in one pokemon...I was sold. It also has the advantage of outrunning Zekrom and Reshiram, two dangerous new threats.

So now I had to ensure that Latios' checks were out of the way. Along with the standard Blissey came the likes of Steels (Scizor, Metagross, Nattorei, etc), faster pokemon (Darkrai, Mewtwo), and Scarfers (Dialga, Garchomp, etc). Thus, I found Scizor to be an effective partner. The two not only have perfect defensive synergy, but Scizor helps to remove frail pokemon, and can come in on Scarfed dragon attacks from the likes of Palkia.

Next, I wanted something that could deal with steel pokemon, possibly using them for its own gain. I also wanted it to be relatively bulky so that it could take a hit or two if necessary. Specs Kyogre immediately came to mind, given that it could be EVd with plenty of HP and few pokemon could switch into its mighty Water Spout. However, I soon realized this would be counter productive, as taking a hit would weaken the very Water Spout that I'd rely upon to punch holes. Instead, I decided to go with a simple CM Kyogre, who would have the added benefit of having Scizor to remove Latias and Palkia. Kyogre also brings rain to help my own steels and weaken the power of Ho-Oh and Reshiram.

Those three made a nice core, with Kyogre's weaknesses being great opportunities for Latios to switch in. However, choosing CM over Specs meant that Blissey would once again be a problem, and that I'd need something focused solely on dishing out damage. Furthermore, it was about time for me to really start thinking about checking opposing threats, SDRay and Zekrom being foremost in my mind for some reason. With its great typing, bulk, and offensive stats, Mixed Dialga made the perfect 4th member.

So far I had Scizor dealing with Darkrai, Mewtwo, Shaymin-S, and Scarfers, Kyogre dealing with Steels and being a nice tank, and Dialga to punch holes in their walls (namely Nattorei) to make Latios' job almost too easy. I figured that some speed on my team could prove useful, so I set my sights on Mewtwo. I considered the typical Psycho Killer set, but then realized that a Scarfer would be more beneficial. It could deal with DDRay, RPDon, NitroCharge Ho-oh, and others while retaining high attack power, and use Trick to cripple Blissey and Nattorei so that Latios had its best counters turned to mere setup fodder.

One slot left, as the rest of the team is looking pretty solid so far. Stealth Rock is nowhere to be found on the team, and I feel that added assurance against ScarfZekrom, Specs / Band attackers, and NC Ho-oh could never hurt. Deoxys-S, the former occupant of this slot, is obviously incapable of doing all that. I soon found Ground Arceus to be a great support pokemon, strong attacker, and bulky overall tank, so I hastily included it.

An In-Depth Look

Arceus@Earth Plate
Jolly; 252 HP / 108 Def / 36 SpD / 112 Spe

Recover
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock
---
General Info

People whine and complain about Arceus in the Uber metagame because they need to "excessively prepare," but honestly I find Arceus to help the metagame more than hurt it. It can fill nearly any role needed and this Arceus is no exception. It's overall bulk and typing let it switch in often, check the threats I need it to, and lay Stealth Rock to provide added support.

Moveset
Stealth Rock is the primary move here, for obvious reasons. Regeneration Ho-Oh, Multi-Scale Lugia, the ever-potent Rayquaza, and new additions such as Reshiram are all the more reason to run the move, and it helps Latios deal with those accordingly. It also helps Scizor revenge Rayquaza should I need it. Recover is key here, allowing Arceus to stay healthy throughout the match so that I can call upon it as needed. Earthquake provides valuable STAB, further boosted by the Earth Plate, and allows Arceus to check Zekrom, Reshiram, Dialga, and have a strong attack to use. I opted for Stone Edge in the last slot as it pairs well with Ground-type moves, putting Rayquaza and Ho-Oh in a difficult position.

EV Corner
The EVs and nature allow Arceus enough speed to outrun Jolly Garchomp, which I feel is a good benchmark (honestly, what am I doing to Latios even if I do outrun it?). With maximum HP investment and moderate defensive bolstering, Arceus is able to take powerful assaults such as Adamant CB Ho-Oh's Sun-Boosted Sacred Fire (including a potential burn), SD Ray's Adamant +2 LO Extremespeed, Adamant Zekrom's CB Outrage, Mewtwo's Modest +1 LO Psycho Break, and even Adamant Dragon Dance Rayquaza's +1 LO Outrage, an impressive feat. The minor investment in SpD allows it to always survive a 438 SpA Choice Specs STAB Draco Meteor (even with Stealth Rock, thanks to its Ground-typing), and Recover to stall out the attack. Outside of obvious super-effective moves, nothing short of Reshiram's Sun-Boosted Specs Blue Fire can OHKO it.

Dialga@Life Orb
Quiet; 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpA

Outrage
Thunder
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
---
General Info

Dialga is one of the most versatile pokemon in Ubers given its typing, bulk, offensive stats, and considerable movepool. This set incorporates all of the above, allowing it to become a potent offensive threat that will leave the opponent scrambling to find a viable switch-in.

Moveset
Draco Meteor is one of the most used attacks on the set, blasting holes in everything that doesn't resist it. The threat it presents often leads the opponent to send in a steel immediately. Which leads me to Fire Blast - it roasts the likes of Scizor, Forretress, and Nattorei to a crisp, even in rain, as well as Metagross outside of it. In the sun, it also allows me to hit other Dialga without resorting to Draco Meteor and also scores a nice hit on Groudon. Thunder is the third attack, hitting Lugia and Kyogre for super effective damage, and providing a reliable attack in the rain, which means that Dialga functions well in both. It's paralysis often comes in handy, as it allows Dialga that extra attack. Finally, Outrage is used to devastate the Lati twins, bulky Kyogre, and, most importantly, Blissey and evolution stone Chansey. Although I previously ran a Hasty nature to outrun Adamant SDRay, Arceus and Scizor cover it quite well, allowing me to use Dialga's bulk to the fullest.

EV Corner
A Quiet nature allows Dialga to reach its full potential, hitting a jaw-dropping 438 SpA to use its Draco Meteor, Thunder, and Fire Blast with. Dialga is in that heavily populated 90-speed Uber group, meaning that it is was rarely going to do more than speed tie the likes of Ho-Oh and Reshiram. Thus, I don't mind the loss of speed in exchange for bulk, and being able to throw in the leftover EVs in Atk boosts Outrage's power considerably.

Mewtwo@Choice Scarf
Modest; 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe

Trick
Ice Beam
Aura Sphere
Psycho Break
---
General Info

Mewtwo functions as the team's premier revenge killer, a role many have forgotten with the arrival of Psycho Break to Mewtwo's movepool. The combination of Ice/Fighting grants excellent coverage, which allows it to inflict severe damage to much of the tier. And now that Psycho Break hits on opponents' physical defense, Mewtwo can function as an effective mixed scarfer (which is almost an oxymoron), and helps when picking off Calm Mind boosted pokemon. With its fashion accessory granting it incredible speed, I chose to let it gain more power with a Modest nature.

Moveset
Mewtwo's moves allow it to revenge a wide variety of threats, and hit hard when it isn't doing so. Psycho Break is a great option that allows me to wield 65% minimum to Kyogre and Palkia, 53% minimum to Ho-Oh, and around 60% to Reshiram, all threats that can wield hefty damage with their boosted speed. Ice Beam covers DDRay, RP Groudon, Giratina-O, Garchomp, Zekrom and LO Shaymin-S. Third, Aura Sphere picks up the scraps, punishing Dialga, Darkrai, and Tyranitar. Finally, Trick is present to help me with Blissey and stat boosters other than Giratina - locking a Kyogre into Calm Mind can be a lifesaver, and there are certain threats that Latios has a much easier time against when locked into a single move. The new Trick mechanics are also useful, as the only Choice Scarfers that will be outrunning this variant are Darkrai and Shaymin-S. Others will suffer an attack if they dare to switch in, regardless. It also helps against LO users that have a wide range of attacks, such as LO Mewtwo and Shaymin-S, and cripples opposing Lati twins.

EV Corner
The EVs and nature grant Mewtwo 351 speed, which becomes a blistering 526 with the Scarf attached. Such a number is more than enough to outpace DDRay, ScarfChomp, and the standard RPGroudon. I have no need to outrun Darkrai or Shaymin since Scizor handles them quite well, and outrunning Latios once the Scarf has been Tricked is still no joke. Maximum SpA lets Mewtwo hit hard, and the rest are tossed into HP for slightly more bulk.

Kyogre@Leftovers
Modest; 124 HP / 240 SpA / 144 Spe

Surf
Thunder
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
---
General Info

Kyogre is one of my favorite pokemon, hands down. I love water types, and its sleek design combined with the fact that it is one of the mascots for my favorite generation keeps it dear to my heart. Sentimentality aside, however, the Sapphire legend is a real beast, the most powerful special attacker in the game. This simple yet effective set brings the rain for my team, and provides me with a pokemon that can hit hard both right off the bat and that can also boost once or twice to spell doom for the opponent.

Moveset
I was originally thinking of using Specs Kyogre for its immediate power, but this has worked much better for me. A Modest nature and near-max special attack mean that rain-boosted STAB Surf will do definite damage to many a pokemon, which is augmented by Calm Mind. Speaking of, Calm Mind's ability to boost SpD was a real plus here, as it prevents specially-based revenge killers from revenging. For example, LO Shaymin-S can only muster 77% max with Seed Flare, while Palkia will struggle to revenge with Thunder. Ice Beam allows Kyogre a solid hit on dragons, such as Rayquaza, Latios, Giratina-O, and Dialga, while Thunder strikes down Lugia, Ho-oh, Manaphy, and opposing Kyogre. It does all of this while slowly regaining health from its Leftovers, which makes it quite the special tank.

EV Corner

Instead of the typical Max/Max Timid spread, I went with Modest for more power. The speed EVs allow Kyogre to outrun 251 Speed RP Groudon, and anything below that, including support Dialga, Ho-Oh, etc. The HP EVs also grant it some bulk that often comes in handy pre- and post-Calm Mind, allowing it to take Scarf Thunders and weaker physical hits. After considerable testing, I've decided that it is definitely the superior spread. The added bulk compared to a 6 HP spread also helps Kyogre take the odd Draco Meteor and is useful in checking Ho-Oh and Reshiram.

Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant; 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD

U-Turn
Pursuit
Superpower
Bullet Punch
---
General Info

Look familiar? It should, because it's merely CBScizor with a more specially defensive focus. It's naturally high attack pairs with the Choice Band to spread damage through the use of U-Turn, and it has great synergy with Latios and Kyogre. It's only weakness, fire, is also mitigated thanks to the rain.

Moveset
Typical moves for a typical pokemon. U-Turn is key, as it allows me to scout their team and also get out of sticky situations, namely Shandera. It severaly dents the likes of ScarfPalkia, Kyogre, and more. Pursuit is found because it allows me to hit the Lati twins hard, as well as Mewtwo. It also does decent damage against neutral threats, such as fleeing ScarfPalkia, given the lower physical defense of most Ubers. Bullet Punch is staple, giving me an excellent tool for revenge killing. And while Superpower is mostly filler, it does allow me to punish Dialga switch-ins, or threaten ScarfDialga and Nattorei.

EV Corner
Taken straight from the analysis, they provide considerable bulk with enough attack to cripple opponents. With Scizor's excellent resistances in Ubers, it is only natural to bolster its special defense, and the attack allows it to 2HKO Darkrai, Shaymin-S, and Rayquaza with Bullet Punch while still doing decent damage to Extremekiller Arceus.

Latios@Soul Dew
Timid; 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Thunder
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Psycho Shock
---
General Info

Latios is the star of the show, head honcho, the ringleader. It combines speed and bulk in Ubers in much the same way that Latios does in OU, the difference being that Latios has access to the Soul Dew here in Ubers DW, augmenting its power. After a single Calm Mind, it can tear teams to shreds with its great coverage and speed, and minimizes damage from special attacks.

Moveset
I actually had considerable difficulty in deciding which two attacks where best in the final slots. Calm Mind was a given, as I wanted to boost my stats rather than lower them like the all out attacker does with Draco Meteor. Dragon Pulse provides strong STAB and a clean sweep often. Thunder provides an immensely powerful attack after a boost, KOing Forretress, Scizor, Skamory, and other assorted steels minus Nattorei, who I have covered through other means. With these threats covered, I decided to use Latios' new toy, courtesy of 5th gen. Psycho Shock allows it to OHKO 6/252 Calm Blissey after a Calm Mind with rocks, and it does 66% minimum to Chansey which gives me some wallbreaking power and removes two of Latios' biggest checks.

EV Corner
As straightforward as it gets - maximum power, maximum speed, and and the rest thrown into HP. Even without investment, the combination of Soul Dew and Calm Mind allow Latios to survive even Timid ScarfDialga/ScarfPalkia's Draco Meteor, meaning that using special attacks to revenge it really is not an option.

Credits

Jibaku: For the format, which I pretty much used for this RMT, as well as his extremely comprehensive threatlist.
GTSPlus, LegendaryPokemon, Serebii, and Bulbapedia: For the images.

Reserved for threat list.

Threat list
Black indicates minor threat
Blue indicates a somewhat mild threat
Red indicates a high level threat

Top Threats
Top threats are, as the name implies, a listing of the most threatening Pokemon in the Uber metagame, that MUST be prepared for. Keep in mind that this list does include some obscure 4th gen threats that may not be used anymore, but I'll leave them there regardless.

Kyogre: It finds difficulty setting up, and the team sports plenty of resistances to it. Though not as efficient as Latias, Latios still fairs well against nearly all versions.

*Calm Mind Versions: Latios boosts alongside CroKyogre, eventually winning that war. Alternatively, Mewtwo can lock it into CM with Trick. SubCM and 3-attack CM can be dealt with by Dialga, Mewtwo, and my own Kyogre.

*ScarfOgre / SpecsOgre: Weakening Water Spout is key here, which thankfully all of my pokemon can do. Stealth Rock helps alot, to the point where Latios or my own Kyogre can take the water attacks and set up. Finally, Mewtwo's Psycho Break does significant damage to even Max HP SpecsOgre.

*Thunder Wave Lead: Kyogre and Dialga can both handle it, the latter not really caring about paralysis.

Groudon: Dialga's Draco Meteor, Kyogre's Surf, and Latios' Grass Knot all pick off Groudon, while Mewtwo has Ice Beam.

*Stealth Rock Variants: Draco Meteor punishes them, while Kyogre and Latios force it out with ease.

*Rock Polish: The key is to not let it set up, which it has difficulty doing as I have no choiced electric attacks. Ground Arceus is unconcerned by it. Should it fall, Adamant ones are revenged by Mewtwo, and the same goes for Jolly (who cannot OHKO Mewtwo because of the power drop).

*Swords Dance / RPSD: RPSD is dealt with by Mewtwo no matter how you look at it. SD + 3 attacks can be covered by Latios thanks to Grass Knot.

*Paradancer: Tricky. I'll usually go to Kyogre here, who doesn't particularly mind the paralysis and can do serious damage with Surf. Revenging is simply a matter of bringing in Latios for Grass Knot.

*Choice Band: Prediction is key, although Arceus can deal with it quite well. Dialga can come in on Stone Edge, Scizor on Dragon Claw, and Latios on Earthquake. Mewtwo can revenge if its been weakened a bit.

Rayquaza: Prediction is important, but I have plenty of checks to it on the team, which makes it difficult for it to set up. Stealth Rock is obviously helpful.

*Swords Dance: Adamant SD is outsped and killed by Dialga, and Jolly Ray only has a small chance of KOing Mewtwo with Extremespeed. Not letting it set up really helps.

*Dragon Dance: Revenged by Mewtwo or Scizor.

*Mixed Attacker: Switching in to this is difficult, but by going to Scizor to take the Draco Meteor, Kyogre can often come in safely. Latios outspeeds it as well, and Scizor has Bullet Punch. Arceus is also capable of stomaching Draco Meteor + Extremespeed from the standard spread, and Recover off the damage after the second hit.

*Choice Band: Rare but annoying. Predicting a resisted attack means it has to switch out and take Stealth Rock damage, putting it in Scizor's BP range. Latios works as well while Dialga outspeeds Adamant versions.

Dialga: Extremely versatile and thus unpredictable. Usually I'll look at other roles filled on the team to try and guess Dialga's, but otherwise I have to take a hit, usually with Arceus, who can take literally any attack Dialga dishes out.

*Choice Scarf: Resistances are nice here, as the opponent will need to predict just right to nail the switch-in. My own Dialga takes anything but Fire Blast or Aura Sphere, and even the former doesn't do too much in the rain. Mewtwo outspeeds and has Aura Sphere, while Kyogre can Ice Beam if at +1.

*Choice Specs: Again, resistances are crucial. Scizor takes dragon attacks, Dialga takes electric, and Kyogre can handle fire. Latios can come in on anything but Draco Meteor (though it dislikes Thunder's paralysis chance). Arceus can take anything Dialga throws at it.

*Bulk Up: My own Dialga can come in and proceed to start firing off Draco Meteor or Fire Blast. Mewtwo's Trick often locks it into Sleep Talk, Rest, or Bulk Up, rendering it useless.

*Bulk Up Mixed: Kyogre proves effective here, not minding Draco Meteor too much and blasting it with Ice Beam before it racks up too many bulk ups. Mewtwo's Aura Sphere is again effective.

*Choice Band: Scizor can take dragon attacks while Latios will gladly switch in on Earthquake.

*Mixed: Can be a real hassle, but once it Draco Meteors I'm set. Kyogre can hit with Ice Beam, while Mewtwo either decimates it with Aura Sphere or locks it into one move with Trick. My own Dialga is often faster, which allows me to fire off a quick Draco Meteor.

Palkia: Also very versatile, but I feel that it is used with less variety than Dialga. It has difficulty revenging +1 Kyogre, and Scizor can take ScarfPalkia's dragon attacks all day. Latios outspeeds non-scarfed versions for an easy kill.

*Choice Scarf: If it comes in on Kyogre, just use Thunder or Calm Mind. Scizor comes in on Spacial Rend / Draco Meteor.

*Mixed: Special mix + Aqua Tail still has issues vs. +1 Kyogre, while dual weather mix faces a similar dilemma. Latios outspeeds all versions and kills.

Giratina-O: A potent threat indeed. Fortunately, its weaknesses are easily preyed upon, which gives it trouble switching in.

*Mixed: Kyogre's Ice Beam, Mewtwo's Ice Beam, Latios' Dragon Pulse, and Dialga especially can deal with it. If I suspect Earthquake, I'll go to Latios, then pivot switch to Dialga on the predicted Shadow Sneak if Latios isn't healthy enough to survive it.

*SubCM: The substitute makes it pretty difficult to deal with, as does its coverage. If it lacks Thunder, Kyogre can CM alongside it with the benefit of Leftovers, and eventually wipe it out. Dialga can also break the sub with Draco Meteor, then follow up with Outrage. Latios does well if it for some reason doesn't have a Sub or boosts.

*CMRestTalk: Dialga can Outrage against it, and Kyogre can CM alongside it.

*Physical Attacker: Breaking the sub is crucial. Oftentimes I'll start off by attacking Giratina-O instead of switching off the bat, as it allows me to scout its set. Once broken, Latios or Dialga make short work of it.

Reshiram: It has impeccable coverage and power behind its attacks, but with Kyogre and Ground Arceus I can check it fairly well.

*Choice Specs: So long as the sun isn't out, I'll go to Arceus to take whatever it can throw out. Otherwise, I'll go to Kyogre to sponge whatever it uses, change the weather, and then finish it off. Latios can revenge.

*Choice Scarf: Being weaker than Choice Specs, Kyogre and Arceus can deal with it, while Mewtwo will still revenge it.

*Nitro Charge: Without the Specs, Ground Arceus is essentially a sure-fire switch, especially with Life Orb. Balloon versions can be KOd by Stone Edge if they've switched into rocks twice, and have a significantly lower damage output. Kyogre also fares well against it. Mewtwo checks it with Psycho Break, too.

*Nitro Mix: Kyogre isn't as much of an option since Outrage is present, but Arceus still works and Mewtwo can still check it.

Zekrom: It has high physical power which would have been difficult to deal with previously, but with Ground Arceus it isn't an issue at all.

*Choice Scarf: Lightning Strike is sponged by Dialga and Arceus, while Outrage is also taken by the latter. ScarfTwo outruns it and hits with Ice Beam as well.

*Choice Band: Considerably more powerful than Scarf sets, but Arceus can still deal, and now Latios and possibly Kyogre manage to outrun it.

*Mixed Attacker: Again, Ground Arceus stops this cold, sponging everything from Draco Meteor to Outrage and striking back with STAB Earthquake. It stops Volt Change in its tracks as well, which is convenient.

Darkrai: Picking on its frail defenses is often the best choice.

*Nasty Plot: Switch to something to take the Dark Void (usually Kyogre), then go to Scizor as it NPs. Bullet Punch deals with it nicely, and Mewtwo OHKOs with Aura Sphere.

*Swords Dance: A moderate threat, but thankfully its Atk is much lower than SpA. Again, let something take the Dark Void and follow up with Scizor. If I need to use Mewtwo, I Trick first to prevent Sucker Punch mindgames.

Mewtwo: Also highly unpredictable. Scizor and my own Mewtwo cause it real issues here, and Kyogre swamps it with Surf.

*Psycho Killer: A real beast, this is. In rain, though, Ground Arceus is decent and can at least do some damage before going down. Moreover, Tricking it into using one attack really hinders it. A threat, definitely, but manageable.

*4 Attack Life Orb: Often 2HKOd by Scizor's Bullet Punch thanks to Stealth Rock, and it has some difficulty if Kyogre has reached +1. My own Mewtwo can limit that stellar coverage by tricking it a scarf, though that can be risky.

*Taunt Calm Mind: Scizor devastates it, and Mewtwo can lock it into one attack.

* Taunt / Will-o-Wisp: Mewtwo's Trick cripples it here, and Kyogre can Calm Mind to force it out.

*Dual Screen Selfdestruct: Trick from Mewtwo prevents it from ever Selfdestructing, and without screens it is covered by Scizor.

*Lead: ScarfLead. Usually I'll set up Stealth Rock, then switch to Scizor to use Pursuit as it tries to escape being locked into Shadow Ball. Deoxys-S can come back later as death fodder or to set up a layer of Spikes.

*Lead #2: All out attacker lets me get Stealth Rock + Spikes, then go to Mewtwo for Trick or Scizor should it lack Flamethrower.

I’m aware that Mewtwo probably has a lot of other sets, but these are all the relevant sets as of now.

Ho-oh: Unless it is for some reason unusually fast, Kyogre will actually outspeed it and nail it with Surf. Arceus and Mewtwo check it as well.

*Standard: Sub / Roost / Brave Bird / Sacred Fire can be dealt with by Kyogre, given that there is no Sub. If there is, Kyogre can remove it so that Latios and Dialga can strike down the phoenix with Thunder. Mewtwo's Thunder or Trick is also crippling. Keeping up rain and rocks definitely helps.

*Nitro Charge: Can boost its speed, but Mewtwo still devastates its lower defensive stat. Ground Arceus survives any and all attacks it dishes out (especially in rain), and kills it with Stone Edge.

Latias / Latios: These two are dealt with similarly - Scizor. I have added insurance against them in the form of TrickScarf, which removes their precious Soul Dew.

*Calm Mind: CMLatias is dealt with by Scizor, who isn't KOd by +1 Thunder. Latios is more difficult to deal with, but usually I'll try to Bullet Punch if I see that it has CM. Finally, my own Latios outspeeds most Latias, as well as HP Fire Latios.

*All out Attacker: This is Latios, mostly. As with many Ubers, the versatility lost when they gain a Scarf is crippling. I'll usually go to Scizor to take the Draco Meteor, then pursue it. If that fails, Trick or Dialga's Outrage works.

*Dual Screen Memento (Latios): Trick prevents that Memento from ever being set off. U-Turn from Scizor can still do some damage through Reflect.

Garchomp: Rather difficult to switch into, but Scizor or Kyogre usually manages.

*Choice Scarf: Earthquake can go to Kyogre or Latios, while Dragon Claw / Outrage is redirected to Scizor.

*Choice Band: Hits alot harder, but my two main switch-ins still apply. Additionally, Latios outspeeds these and so does Arceus.

*Swords Dance Haban Berry: Latios does significant damage even through Haban Berry, and Mewtwo's Ice Beam is devastating. Should Latios fall in the process, Scizor's Bullet Punch picks up the scraps and I redirect the focus of the team to Kyogre.

* SubSalac: Break the Sub with Bullet Punch, then go to something to revenge (Latios or Mewtwo).

Shaymin-S: It's frailty leads to its downfall, as my entire team literally gives it issues.

*SubSeeder: Annoying as usual, but Scizor's U-Turn to Mewtwo usually covers it.

*Choice Scarf/Specs: Dialga is often my initial switch, or Kyogre if Scizor or Dialga are already out (few people will risk Seed Flare on 4x resists). SpecsMin is revenged by Mewtwo as well.

*Life Orb: Scizor's Bullet Punch covers it quite nicely, and Latios' Soul Dew helps alot too. Mewtwo can revenge it with Ice Beam.

Mew: Unpredictable as always, but it is usually either lead or BP. High power + Trick covers it.

*Lead: Set up Stealth Rock as it U-Turns, then react accordingly.

*Baton Pass: Bring in Scizor immediately to U-Turn, reacting to the recipient accordingly.

*Getting past the Dual Screeners (Mewtwo, Bronzong, Cresselia, Uxie, Latios, Deoxys-S): Unless they are mad fast, Mewtwo will shut their strategy down with Trick. Kyogre can set up on those that lack Taunt, posing a very real threat to whatever switches in as its Surf can now bypass Light Screen.

Kingdra: Can be absolutely devastating in the rain, which this team utilizes. Kyogre and Dialga are my best hopes.

*Standard Uber Dragon Dancer: Kyogre or Dialga can take a Waterfall/Draco Meteor, so it is often lured into Outrage. At that point I need to use Scizor's U-Turn along with LO recoil and such to weaken it.

*MixDra: Mewtwo can outspeed thanks to its Scarf and lock it into an attack, which severely limits it. Prediction, otherwise.

Wobbuffet: Hard hitting attacks are all I can do, as can anyone haha.

*Oh no it’s Wobbuffet!: Whatever it comes in on will just need to attack head on. Dialga can play mindgames as it is mixed, and Kyogre's Surf does lots at +1. Scizor can U-Turn out, and Wobb really dislikes taking a hit from Latios. Mewtwo is trapped, sadly.

Deoxys-S: Lead Deoxys-S are usually dealt with by Scizor's U-Turn -> Mewtwo, and offensive versions are too weak to do any real damage.

====

Medium Threats:These threats are generally not as common as the ones in the top tier list, and/or are generally not as threatening. There are a few exceptions to this, namely Scizor and Deoxys-A, who are used more than some of the stuff in the top threat list.

Scizor: Not so much of a threat to the team as it is utility to the opponent. Dialga, Kyogre, and my own Scizor deal effectively.

*Choice Bander: Basically spends its time U-Turning, with Bullet Punch and Pursuit thrown here and there. Kyogre is bulky enough to take a hit, lessen it with Leftovers, and Surf back. Dialga does the same, threatening to roast with Fire Blast.

*Swords Dance: Relies on Bullet Punch for its offense, which Kyogre and Dialga conveniently resist.

*Ubers Trapper: Really only useful against Latios, IMO. Mewtwo can be trapped by the regular CBer. Regardless, Scizor is often OHKOd by Latios' +1 Thunder and Stealth Rock, and the deal is sealed with a layer of Spikes.

Lucario: Swords Dance is really the only version that is cause for concern, which Arceus easily handles.

*Swords Dance: Arceus is not hurt badly by Extremespeed, and will devastate it with Earthquake.

*Lead: U-Turn with Scizor to something faster.

*Agility: No Atk boost means he is much weaker than normal. Kyogre can Surf it to death, while Mewtwo's Aura Sphere will strike after an unboosted LO Crunch fails to OHKO. Scizor can also Superpower.

Tyranitar: Annoying, because it can remove Latios from battle with a CB Pursuit. Thankfully, I have plenty of checks.

*Lead: Set up Stealth Rock as I die to Crunch, then bring Kyogre in to force it out.

*Dragon Dance/Choice Band: LO DDTar is prone to Scizor's Bullet Punch, while those without LO can't OHKO Kyogre at +1 with Stone Edge. Choice Band also hates Scizor, and fails to OHKO Kyogre with Stone Edge (I'm talking 56 Atk Careful Tyranitar here).

*MixTar: Split EVs make it easier for Kyogre to deal with, and Scizor can Bullet Punch if that should fail.

Blaziken: This is scary. Jolly Blaziken will outpace Mewtwo after a second boost, and has high power to devastate the team with. Not letting it set up is the only way to prevent being swept, and thankfully it isn't too common.

*Swords Dance: I have no safe switch-ins assuming the set is SD / Flare Blitz / HJK / Protect. If rain is up, I can try to use Mewtwo or Latios to take it down but it really is just too powerful to deal with. Fortunately, it has extreme difficulty attempting to set up, as Scizor's Pursuit is really the only opening.

Metagross: Quite bulky, but it still falls to Kyogre and is dented by Scizor's U-Turn. It isn't exactly a fan of Dialga's Fire Blast either.

*Choice Band/Scarf: Kyogre takes these, not fearing too much other than Trick or Thunderpunch. Dialga can take Meteor Mash or Thunderpunch and threaten with Fire Blast.

*Life Orb: See above. Kyogre outpaces all max speed neutral Metagross, and so does Dialga. Taking 10% per attack only helps me, as it could mean the difference between Latios KOing or not with Thunder when I try to sweep later on.

*Mixed: An odd set...Dialga can come in as long as it avoids Earthquake, and Kyogre can do the same bar Grass Knot.

*Agility: Needs Thunderpunch to really hurt Kyogre (or Explosion). Scizor can U-Turn, and Mewtwo outspeeds by 2 points with its Scarf, allowing it to Trick or Thunder, depending on how much damage Meta has taken.

*Dual Screen: Highly annoying...Mewtwo's Trick stops it or Kyogre can set up with Calm Mind.

Deoxys-A: Mad powerful, but its defenses are those of Carvahna's.

*Life Orbed Attacker: Latios survives all but Ice Punch, Scizor Bullet Punches it, Mewtwo outspeeds, etc. Switching in requires some prediction but it usually isn't too difficult to get Scizor or Mewtwo in.

Salamence: Not too difficult, as it is weaker than Rayquaza both offensively and defensively.

*Dragon Dancer: Mewtwo can revenge with Ice Beam, and Scizor utilizes Bullet Punch. Kyogre can lure it into Outrage so that my other members can handle the rest.

*Mixed Dragon Dancer: Kyogre can absorb Draco Meteor with relative ease, allowing me to bring Scizor in to Bullet Punch. Mewtwo outspeeds and can Ice Beam, while Latios outspeeds and can Dragon Pulse.

Heatran: Kyogre stops it rather easily, and it can't do much to Latios other than Toxic. Mewtwo also outspeeds and blasts it with Aura Sphere. Rain puts a damper on its performance as well.

*Taunt/Roar: Kyogre's Surf and Mewtwo's Aura Sphere.

*TormentTran: Can be rather annoying since Mewtwo is forced to struggle, but Kyogre's Thunder is still managing enough to break its subs and Surf it next turn.

*Rest/Talk: Kyogre, once again. Unless it carries Toxic, Latios can set up and Thunder.

*SpecsTran: Prediction is important. Latios can take fire and ground attacks but must avoid Dragon Pulse. Scizor can take Dragon Pulse, while Dialga can manage against Explosion.

*Life orb Heatran: Outspeeding it is nice here. Latios can use Calm Mind to minimize damage from Dragon Pulse, and Mewtwo can use Aura Sphere.

Manaphy: Becomes a threat if is sets up, but has definite issues against Latios and Mewtwo. Dialga can outspeed bulkier versions and Thunder / Outrage.

*Tail Glow/Everything else: Pretty much go to Latios and set up as it boosts its stats as well. SubCM chooses between Kyogre or Latios, Crophy can be Tricked / Thundered by Mewtwo, etc.

Jirachi: I'd much rather face ScarfJirachi than bulky Jirachi, because there is less paralysis. Kyogre and Dialga cover it.

*U-turn / Toxic / Protect / Wish: Dialga shuts this set down, hitting with powerful Thunders in Rain and Fire Blast otherwise. Scizor can U-Turn against it.

*Iborachi: Kyogre deals, not minding Body Slam too much. Same for Dialga, as rain weakens Fire Punch.

*Mix Jirachi: Dialga doesn't care about unSTAB Draco Meteor and Fire Punch, and Kyogre can set up on Grass Knot.

*Scarfrachi: Too weak to do real damage. Kyogre and Dialga take it on pretty well.

Genosect: Not too much of a hassle since it cannot hit Dialga super-effectively. Rock Polish sets can outrun everything on my team though, so I need to make sure Dialga doesn't reach an untimely end.

*Choice Scarf: Usually finds itself U-Turning about. I go to Dialga since it can hit pretty much whatever comes in and it resists the move.

*Rock Polish: Like I said, Dialga is really the only thing it can't hit super-effectively, so I try to keep it alive until Genosect is down, at least.

Shandera: I put this in blue because you can't counter it, but not much on my team is particularly threatened.

*Choice Scarf: Outspeeds a good bit, but my own Mewtwo outruns it in turn. Scizor is really the only pokemon that fears it if rain is up, as Latios easily survives unboosted Timid Shadow Ball with a CM and Soul Dew, and rain helps protect Dialga and Arceus. Even then, Scizor can U-Turn out of it if needed, and Shandera stuck on Shadow Ball or Energy Ball is Pursued and revenged itself.

*Choice Specs: Hits harder, but that is, again, lessened with rain. This time around, Arceus and Latios outrun it as well, so it isn't too much more difficult to deal with than the Scarf version.

Terakion: Dealt with by Arceus and Mewtwo easily, as well as Latios.

*Choice Scarf: Ground Arceus takes less than 50% from Jolly CC + Rocks, so it can take a hit and either stall it with Recover or devastate it with Earthquake. Dialga resists Stone Edge as well as a backup.

*Double Dancer: Most will Rock Polish against my team, meaning that Arceus checks it once again. Those that SD are picked off by Mewtwo's Psycho Break. Terakion also has difficulty switching in and is picked off by Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Sazandora: Its lower attacking stats and speed make it much easier to deal with than other dragons.

*Choice Scarf: Ground Arceus deals with all attacks but Surf, should Sazandora be running it. Dialga can take a Draco Meteor, as can Kyogre, and both will strike back with super effective moves. Scizor's U-Turn is highly threatening to it as well.

*Mixed: More of an issue for stall, which this team is not. Latios revenges is, Kyogre can take a hit, Dialga can take a hit, and Mewtwo has Aura Sphere as well. Not an issue.

Ulgamoth: Good speed and special stats, but it can still be outsped by ScarfTwo and has difficulty getting past Kyogre. Stealth Rock significantly hampers both versions as well.

*Offensive Butterfly Dancer: Usually goes for a single dance and then tries to sweep, which Mewtwo swiftly halts with a Psycho Break on its exposed physical defense. Kyogre also has double STAB Surf and the special defense to take a Bug Buzz.

*Defensive Butterfly Dancer: More difficult for Mewtwo to revenge due to its better defense, but it is vulnerable to being tricked and still has trouble with Kyogre, more than before due to lower SpA investment.

Victini: The stats of Jirachi with a more offensive, rather than defensive, typing. It can't really muster any real damage so long as Kyogre and Arceus are around, especially in rain.

*Choice Scarf: Usually used as a check to Mewtwo, as it resists all of its attacks. This is not an issue for my team. In rain, even Arceus and Dialga can take fire attacks, while Kyogre does well against all attacks except for Wild Bolt / Thunder.

Doryuuzu: This one isn't as much of a terror in Ubers thanks to Groudon and Kyogre's omnipresence.

*SD Sweeper: Countered by Arceus, and with my team having so few supporting moves it has difficulty coming in without having its Balloon popped (and I only have 1 EQ user anyway, so it's largely a useless item). Switching to Kyogre takes away sand, which is its only saving grace. I am unconcerned about Rapid Spin, as Arceus is mad bulky and can set up rocks with ease a second time.

Ditto: I have a check to every one of my own pokemon, which means that Ditto is not problematic. For sake of completion, though:

*Eccentric Scarf: Easily dealt with. Ground Arceus is checked by Kyogre / Latios. Dialga is checked by Arceus, Mewtwo is checked by Latios or Kyogre, Kyogre is checked by Latios, Scizor is checked by Dialga and Ground Arceus, and Ditto will lack Latios Soul Dew so I won't even need to switch out.

Defensive: This section will list the defensive threats in the metagame, and I’m sure you all with some form of intelligence will know what I mean. Keep in mind that some of the stuff I mentioned here are offensive stuff (e.g. CM Offensive Lugia), but these Pokemon are placed here because they are generally portrayed as walls.

Blissey: MixDialga and Scizor work well. Since my team keeps the pressure on strong, preventing it from healing often spells its doom.

Wish / Protect / Toxic / Seismic Toss a.k.a Standard: It often switches into Dialga expecting Draco Meteor, at which point I switch out to give the illusion of being all special. The next time it comes in, it is often struck with Outrage. Scizor has Pursuit / U-Turn / Superpower, and Mewtwo cripples it with Trick.

*Calm Mind Blissey: Outrage from Dialga, Scizor, and Mewtwo's Trick works wonders.

*Seismic Toss/Softboiled/Toxic/Whatever: Again, just keeping up the pressure is great against it. Scizor can even weather a Flamethrower thanks to the rain should it carry the attack.

Chansey: This one is physically bulkier than Blissey, but I still have ways around it.

Evolution Stone Chansey: Dialga's Outrage puts pressure on it to Wish / Protect stall, which let's me go to Scizor to Superpower it. Lack of leftovers really hurts it, and Mewtwo's Trick is absolutely devastating as it becomes incapable of walling well whatsoever.

Nattorei: I put this in blue as it threatens Latios and I rely on Fire attacks to kill it despite the rain. It can be overpowered without recovery, but until then it makes a nuisance of itself with hazards.

*Specially Defensive: It deals well with Kyogre, but is still helpless against Dialga's Fire Blasts and much more vulnerable to Scizor's Superpower. Mewtwo's Aura Sphere is effective and Trick is a last resort.

*Physically Defensive: Less effective against my team in general. Dialga's Fire Blasts and Mewtwo's Aura Sphere do much more damage to it, and it has more difficulty taking on Kyogre's Ice Beam or even Latios' boosted Dragon Pulse. Trick, again, ruins it.

Forretress: No offensive presence whatsoever, though it gets annoying when it spins away hazards. Strong attacks bring it down easily enough.

*Standard: No one cares too much about Toxic Spikes except maybe Kyogre, so they aren't too much of an issue. Dialga has Fire Blast / Thunder, Mewtwo cripples with Trick, Kyogre washes it ashore with rain-boosted Surf, and Latios strikes it down with +1 Thunder.

Erufuun: This one is more annoying than effective, IMO. Overpowering it with strong moves is the way to go, and it has difficulty switching in to begin with with such low defenses.

*Annoyer / SubSeed / MH Abuser: Taunt / Leech Seed / Stun Spore / Sub / U-Turn / Encore seem to be the 6 moves it switches around. Simply blasting it with attacks (namely Scizor's Bullet Punch) usually does the trick.

Lugia: Stealth Rock really hinders it, and it can't take Thunder and Surf scattered across my team.

*The Great Wall: Isn't walling much of anything, actually. Kyogre, Latios, Mewtwo, and Dialga all pack super-effective attacks against it, and the paralysis can spell its demise.

*Offensive Calm Mind: Latios laughs at Lugia as it sets up Calm Minds of its own before firing Thunder, and Kyogre does the same. If those two somehow fail, Mewtwo can Trick it a Scarf, sit back, and enjoy the benefits of LO.

*Defensive Calm Mind: Kyogre doesn't mind paralysis and shrugs off Ice Beam with ease.

*Choice Specs: Aeroblast can hit hard, but Latios switches in at +1 SpD with Soul Dew, and Dialga resists Aeroblast as well. Trick is a dangerous move to use given that I have the likes of Mewtwo and Kyogre on the team.

Giratina: Latios, Dialga, Kyogre, Mewtwo...this isn't too much of an issue at all.

*The Great Wall… again: Kyogre can set up on this with ease, and Mewtwo's Trick will cripple it. Draco Meteor from Dialga helps, but I have to tread carefully in case of Will-o-wisp.

*Calm Mind: Trick shuts it down, and Kyogre or Latios can set up alongside it.

Skarmory: Scizor is really the only setup opportunity it finds, as everything else hits too hard with Thunder.

*Standard: Dialga can blast it in either weather condition, while my other special attackers end its life with Thunder.

Espeon: Though it has its uses in OU, Espeon is literally useless in Ubers aside from Magic Mirror. Considering that my team only employs one form of hazards, it isn't that big of a deal.

*Magic Mirror: Usually try to screen or Baton Pass, in which case simply switching to Scizor (in rain), Kyogre, or Latios will suffice. I can CM up alongside it or Bullet Punch / U-Turn as it passes out.

Cresselia: Sees little use against this team aside from screens maybe.

*The Great Wall… Edition 3: No Pressure or phazing means that it becomes setup fodder for Kyogre, or simply pounded by Scizor's U-Turn.

*Lunar Dancer: Mewtwo's Trick can stop it from getting off Lunar Dance, while Latios boosts up to bypass Light Screen.

Bronzong: Not too much of an offensive presence...screens or Stealth Rock is the extent of its support.

*Standard…set???: Kyogre can Calm Mind on it, threatening a sweep. Scizor's U-Turn does a good bit as well.

Deoxys-D: This one is tricky, since it isn't so easily defeated.

*Standard Spiker: Knock Off can be annoying, but Scizor can U-Turn to Dialga, whose Draco Meteor and Outrage threaten Deoxys.

*Agility / Toxic: Dialga isn't affected, neither is Scizor, so its really a matter of just wearing it down.

Registeel: Bulky, but lack of recovery really hurts it. Thunder Wave is annoying, though.

*Standard: Kyogre doesn't particularly mind Thunder Wave, so it can set up and finish Registeel. Scizor's is similar, with Superpower taking out large chunks that it has difficulty recovering back.

====

Obscure: The final part of the threat list contains a long list of Pokemon that are viable in the Uber metagame, but are rarely seen, hence “obscure”. By no means should you underestimate these Pokemon, though. In the right hands they can prove to be devastating. And truth to be told, my team can’t handle all of the Pokemon listed here.

Ludicolo: Kyogre counter, and possibly Mewtwo. Other than that, it's not getting very far.

*Leech Seed: Scizor's U-Turn can break the sub and shed Leech Seed, which allows Dialga to Outrage or Mewtwo to Trick.

*Rain Attacker: Great coverage, but it lacks the power to truly hurt Latios thanks to Soul Dew. Dialga can also use Outrage as well, taking at most neutral damage from Ice Beam.

Ninjask: Lol.

*Baton Pass: Bullet Punch.

Infernape: Not something that is seen too often, but Mewtwo and Latios are comfortable dealing with it.

*Lead: Take the Fake Out, and set up rocks and/or spikes as it kills me. Following that, Latios can deal with it.

*Swords Dancer: Again, Latios and Mewtwo. Their Psychic typing allows them to resist Mach Punch should it carry the attack.

*Choice Band: U-Turn or Shadow Claw are annoying, but Dialga resists both. Mewtwo and Latios can come in on Close Combat, while Latios and especially Kyogre can deal with Flare Blitz.

*Mixed: I have never seen this used in Ubers, but Latios and Mewtwo provide solid checks just in case.

Deoxys: Used mainly as an alternative lead to Deoxys-A, and is treated as such.

*Lead: Set up Stealth Rock first, to at least guarantee that. Follow up with Taunt to prevent it from attempting Spikes, and try to set up my own. If Stealth Rock is all I get, that's fine - Scizor's Pursuit / Bullet Punch deals with the rest.

Weavile: Great coverage against most of the tier, but I have some solid checks in the form of ScarfTwo and Scizor.

*Swords Dancer / Life Orb 4 Attacks: Scizor is my immediate switchin, and often the only one needed. Weavile hates Stealth Rock as it is, and is too frail to repeatedly switch into the many high-powered moves on my team.

*Lead: Get up Stealth Rock by sacrificing Deoxys, then go to Scizor.

*Choice Bander: Scizor is my most solid check, resisting both STABs. Sadly, it can Pursue Latios, which gets annoying.

Celebi: I've seen Uber leads, support, and a few other weird sets, but generally Dialga and especially Scizor (thanks to rain) can deal with it.

Support Based Set: Thunder Wave is annoying...but Scizor usually doesn't mind taking it. Leads allow me a quick Taunt to prevent Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock, then I set up my own hazards or Signal Beam if I don't want issues with it later.

Baton Passer: Latios can Calm Mind alongside BP Celebi, or I can have Mewtwo Trick the Scarf to foil the strategy entirely.

Heracross: Heracross can present serious problems, as its STABs alone really hurt my team. Revenging and prediction are my best bets.

*Choice Scarf: Not too difficult to deal with, as it lacks the power of SD and BandCross. Predicting its attack is the way to go - Dialga and Scizor take Megahorn, while Latios and Mewtwo take Close Combat. Kyogre can take one hit and strike back if needed.

*Choice Band: Much more dangerous, as outside of prediction nothing can safely switch in. Revenging with Scizor's Bullet Punch or Latios' Dragon Pulse is most effective. Tricking Scarf onto it weakens it as well, lessening the threat level.

*Swords Dancer: Not as bad as the Choice Bander, but still an issue. Playing by resistances is usually best, if I go to a faster pokemon then that usually deals with it.

Mamoswine: Rarely seen...but not too difficult to deal with.

*Lead: Get up Stealth Rock and attempt Spikes, though usually I only get the former. Afterward, go to Kyogre for Surf or Scizor for Bullet Punch.

Jumpluff: Rain really lessens its effectiveness, though Sleep is highly annoying. Scizor deals with it well, as does Mewtwo.

*Subseeder Supreme: Let Kyogre or Dialga take the sleep (preferably the first, to get up Rain), then go to Scizor to U-Turn. This breaks the sub and seed, letting Mewtwo finish things up.

Shiftry: Scizor really shuts it down, as it needs HP Fire or Fire-type weather ball to injure it. Keeping up rain helps as well.

*Nasty Plotter: Go to Scizor immediately, and U-Turn / Bullet Punch. In rain, Latios also outspeeds and can Dragon Pulse to revenge, while Mewtwo has Ice Beam.

*Swords Dancer: Again, Scizor. Bullet Punch or U-Turn to hurt it, or go to Mewtwo to Trick (helps to avoid Sucker Punch shenanigans).

Exeggutor: Another Sun+Sleep pokemon, how annoying. Bringing Kyogre in is useful, as it allows me to cancel sun and possibly force a Solarbeam charge (if it chose that over Sleep Powder for some reason).

*Sun Abuse: Like I said, Kyogre takes the sleep and changes the weather, which allows Mewtwo, Latios, or Scizor to decimate it. Exeggutor's low special defense doesn't really help either.

Tangrowth: Similar strategy as Exeggutor, but there is the risk of Power Whip. Regardless, changing the weather lets me regain control.

Swords Dance: Bring Kyogre in to take the sleep / Power Whip, then go to Scizor or Mewtwo to attack / Trick.

Gengar: Speedy but frail. Latios, Mewtwo, and Scizor stop it.

*Choice Scarf: Outsped by my own ScarfTwo, and ravaged by Bullet Punch / Pursuit. Kyogre can set up on Shadow Ball or Focus Blast, while Dialga will gladly come in on a ghost move.

*Life Orb: Scizor helps here, and Mewtwo still outspeeds.

Kabutops: Can be problematic with Swift Swim. Usually I'm forced to rely on Bullet Punch and LO recoil to stop it.

*Swords Dancer: Not cool. Adamant versions are outsped by Mewtwo, and anything else will be forced to take Bullet Punch.

Abomasnow: Annoying mostly because it changes the weather, no other reason. Dialga, Mewtwo, and Scizor keep it away.

*SubSeeder: Scizor's U-Turn works in the same way that it does against Shaymin-S and Jumpluff, and lets me bring in Dialga for a quite Fire Blast.

*Anti Lead: Not sure what this is, but I'm assuming STAB and Ice Shard. Get my rocks up, and go to Scizor.

Uxie: Screens are the only reason this is used.

*Dual Screen Memento: Mewtwo Tricks to foil the strategy, and Scizor's U-Turn does a sizeable chunk even through screens.

Magnezone: Can be pretty annoying actually, thanks to its typing.

*Choice Scarf (this includes Magneton, btw): It will trap Dialga often after I've used Draco Meteor, or possibly when locked into Outrage. Kyogre and Mewtwo can both deal with it, while Scizor will U-Turn out and can catch it next time with Superpower on the switch.

*Sub/Magnet Rise: Kyogre can Calm Mind to eliminate the threat, while Dialga has no choice but to blast away with Fire Blast. Mewtwo has Aura Sphere.

*Sub/Charge Beam: Boosting against Dialga will take some time, which allows me to do some decent damage. If the sub is broken, Mewtwo can Aura Sphere to pummel it.

Dugtrio: Another trapper...I can't really escape. However, most of my team can deal with it quite well.

*Standard: Traps Dialga and Mewtwo locked on Thunder...that's it. Scizor in turn traps it with Pursuit.

Cloyster: Most of my attackers are special, so it will have some difficulty.

*Mixed Lead: Taunt to prevent Spikes / Toxic Spikes, then switch to Kyogre to immediately threaten the opponent. Deoxys-S can set up Rocks later, and should still have its Sash.

Froslass: A non-issue, dealt with by Scizor or Dialga.

*Lead: Taunt to prevent Spikes and Destiny Bond, then Stealth Rock and Spikes if possible. Scizor deals with the rest.

Qwilfish: Not as threatening as Kabutops, IMO, as Dialga totally shuts it down. The lead is easily stopped.

*Lead: Taunt to prevent setup, then use Stealth Rock and Spikes accordingly. Dialga can then take it out, as I don't want it to have the benefit of rain.

*Rain Dance Attacker: Dialga stops it cold.

Hariyama: An interesting lead...not too troubling.

*Lead: Take the Fake Out and set up Stealth Rock, then go to Dialga for Draco Meteor or Kyogre for Surf.

Shedinja: If Stealth Rock isn't enough, I have other methods

*Standard: Set up Rocks and Spikes with Deoxys as they get greedy with Swords Dance. Dialga then rocks it with Fire Blast, or Scizor can use Pursuit.

Parasect: It really only has use against Choiced Kyogre...mine can switch to Ice Beam to circumvent it.

*Standard: Dialga can Fire Blast, Scizor U-Turns, Mewtwo Ice Beams, etc. Kyogre often takes the sleep if I need to switch in, but oftentimes it is the one coming into Kyogre.

Quagsire: Another Kyogre-specific check...dealt with by the rest of the team just as well.

*Standard: Dialga's Draco Meteor is tough for it to take, and Mewtwo can Ice Beam or Trick to weaken it (Recover is annoying). Scizor can U-Turn to Latios, who follows up with a quick Grass Knot.

Roserade: An interesting pokemon indeed. Sleep is annoying as always, but Dialga and Scizor generally limit its effectiveness.

*Lead: Taunt to prevent TSpikes/Sleep, then set up Rocks and possibly Spikes. I could also bring in Dialga to take Leaf Storm / HP Fire, then double switch back for more layers.

*Leech Seed Toxic Spiker: Scizor's U-Turn really hurts it, and Dialga or Latios can handle the rest.

Ariados: Toxic Spikes aren't too much of a concern at all, so it is rather useless.

*Toxic Spikes lead: Usually go straight for Rocks, but occasionally I'll Taunt. Set up Spikes and then switch to something to kill the spider off.

Delibird: Rapid Spin is annoying, as it stops my Deoxys. That said, it doesn't lay down hazards of its own so I can just come back in later with Sash intact, and set up.

*Lead: Switch to Scizor or something to scare it off.

Your team looks intersting. It is serving as an insperation to my new rain dance. Btw did you include Raikou in your counters list i didn't see it and the event one could mess with you badly.

Event Raikou is shut down by Latios (who outspeeds thanks to Raikou's forced Rash nature) and Psycho Break Mewtwo.

With dialga, I'd give it stealth rock so that arceus can run swords dance. I've swept a TONNE of great players with SD ground arceus. I'd give kyogre substitute over thunder for some wallbreaking ability and latios psycho shock over grass knot again, to wall break due to the fact that your team struggles to wall break the chansey forry lugia combo.

^I'll definitely consider Psycho Shock over Grass Knot on Latios, as Tyranitar isn't particularly common and is dealt with by Kyogre and Scizor anyhow.

While SD Ground Arceus is quite a force, I'd rather keep it as it is now. I like Dialga's wallbreaking abilities and bulk and I need to be able to switch into Reshiram and other threats, which Ground Arceus does with certainty (not to mention Zekrom).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)