1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Weather-Less Balanced OU

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by ZeroRed, Feb 23, 2013.

1. ZeroRed

ZeroRed

Intro.

Hello this is my OU team. In the BW2 OU Metagame with weather everywhere I decided to make a weather-less team to use in OU. This team wins me a majority of my battles on PS and I find useable.

The Team:

[​IMG]
    Mienshao @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Spd / 176 Atk / 80 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - Fake Out
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Mienshao despite being UU is very good on this team and is usually my lead. LO max speed is the norm for Mienshao. I use HP Ice to hit dragons and Gliscor over Stone Edge. HJK is the great STAB move that ONKO almost any pokemon HJK is super effective against. Fake Out and U-Turn is great for scouting and has a Volt-Turn combo with Rotom-W. Mienshao provides power with HP Ice to throw in a good twist for me.

[​IMG]
    Reuniclus @ Life Orb-Leftovers?
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    - Recover
    - Focus Blast

Reuniclus is another poke that isn't used much because of it's low speed, but fits my team very well with it's bulk and sweeping chances. I use the CM set because Reuniclus usually forces a switch and Psyshock to hit the pink blobs, Focus Blast for coverage against Steels and T-tar and Recover to heal off any damage. I use LO for the free boost to power due to Magic Bouce, but I have considered Leftovers for slightly more survivability.

[​IMG]
    Scolipede @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Megahorn
    - Spikes
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

I know a RU pokemon in OU why? I'll tell you: 112 base speed, Megahorn and spikes. Scolipede I chose due to the fact it can out-speed and OHKO Deo-D, though it seems that it will go to Ubers, T-Tar if it doesn't have a scarf (outsped) or tank (ONKO with Spikes or Rocks) and the Lati-twins(scarf-less) with Megahorn. Scolipede is one of the fastest spike setter that is almost guaranteed to have 1 layer down. EQ is to hit Steel types that would wall it and the last spot is Rock Slide for prefect coverage over T-spikes because T-spikes ends up being useless most of the time.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Trick
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarfed Rotom-W what more can I say about it? Almost every weather-less OU benefits for having Rotom-W in some way. Hydro Pump for Stab, HP Ice for Dragons, Volt-Switch for scouting, Volt-Turning with Mienshao and such, Trick is to mess up any pokemon that does not want a Scarf. The Scarf set was chosen to have some sort of revenge killer over additional bulk.

[​IMG]
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Lava Plume
    - Earth Power
    - Roar?

Heatran was chosen for it's Special Bulk and Rocks. Lava Plume for a Stab and possible burn, Earth Power to hit mainly Tentacruel and other Heatrans, Rocks because Rocks are good. The last move is Roar because I don't really have any idea for what it should be and Phazing is okay I guess. Heatran is probably the most replaceable Pokemon of the group for a pokemon like Blissey or SpDef Jirachi that have been considered, but it gets rocks down most of the time so it can fulfill that part and isn't horrible.

[​IMG]
    Garchomp @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang
    - Dual Chop

Banded Garchomp is a monster really. I chose Banded due to the fact that I saw my team and thought perhaps I should have more sheer power then I though Banded Chomp prefectly fits that need for sheer power. Outrage is an OP Stab move and Earthquake hits steel types hard for that covarge. Fire Fang is the best move against Skarmory, and Ferrothron over Aqua Tail. I chose Dual Chop to break Subs over Dragon Claw.

End-
    Well that is my team feel free to rate.
  2. Alexander.

Alexander.
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Hey!

First of all, your team is very weak to Rain teams in general because you haven't a solid switch into strong Water move such as Choice Specs Politoed's Hydro Pump and Keldeo's Surf; your only resistor to Water moves is Rotom-W but it's running an offensive EV spread so it'll die quite quickly during your matches. Another problem for this team is Rock Polish Landorus which can setup on Scolipede and then smash your quite easily with its coverage moves. Therefore, I suggest you to use Special Defensive Celebi replacing Scolipede which seems the weak line of your team; an EV spread of 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe with a moveset of Giga Drain, Perish Song, Recover and Baton Pass, with Calm nature and with Leftovers should work fine on your team. I'd use Baton Pass to avoid Scizor and Tyranitar's Pursuit, which are very common with Keldeo and Landorus nowadays.

Then, your revenge-kill, Rotom-W, is very slow and it can't revenge-kill many threats such as Haxorus, Salamence, Volcarona and so on, so it isn't very good. Therefore, I suggest you to use Choice Scarf Garchomp replacing your current one because Choice Scarf Garchomp is definitely a better revenge-kill than Rotom-W and it can revenge-kill threats such as Salamence, Haxorus and so on easily. Accordingly, I suggest you to change Rotom-W's set in a Specially Defensive one, an EV spread of 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD with a moveset of Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split, with Calm nature and with Leftovers should work on your team; anyway Specially Defensive Rotom-W helps you a lot against Rain teams and it's a good check for Tornadus, which can smash easily your current one.

As last thing, I suggest you to try Toxic replacing Earth Power because Toxic allows Heatran to hit bulk Water-types which can give you some problem, otherwise Earth Power is good only against opposing Heatran but they aren't a problem for this team so I think you can replace Earth Power. However, use always 248 EVs in HP on Heatran to take less damages from Stealth Rock and Spikes, which can be useful in some chances.

Good luck!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)