Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Roar
I'm trying to find a move to switch out Roar with, because while it was good during creation, the addition of a choice scarf makes it useless. Anyways, this guy is a solid whacker, having very good coverage and the potential to sweep quite a bit, as he has already done quite a few times. Choice scarf makes him very potent as a revenge killer as well. His Steel type also makes him very good to switch into predicted attacks when Shedinja doesn't fit the bill.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor
Ah, Shedinja. What can I say about him? Wonder Guard and Focus Sash means this guy can absorb one attack, even if it gets through Wonder Guard. There is nothing more satisfying than switching thing guy into a potentially devastating attack and watch it fizzle. Sucker punch is very nice for taking down that pokemon that just needs a nudge to die, and the priority it has makes it fit the bill perfectly.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Surf
- Ice Beam
Another solid tank, Kyogre's Water Spout and Choice Scarf can make him devastating early on, even if the attack is resisted. I've swept through three pokemon multiple times using that. Drizzle makes Water Spout all the more potent, and surf is a good fallback that Drizzle still amps when Kyogre's health is low. Thunder is very nice for taking down pesky flyers, and I've used it against other Kyogre's a ton as well. Choice Scarf allows me to go first, and thunder (usually) zaps them into oblivion.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 Def / 180 HP / 4 SAtk / 144 Spd
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psystrike
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
Mewtwo was made to complement Groudon. Flamethrower is amped by Sunny Day, while Thunderbolt can take out annoying water pokemon that forced Groudon to leave the field. Calm mind is handy when I have a few extra turns, and he becomes devastating if I get it in twice. Because he lacks a choice scarf, he tends not to sweep as much as the others, but his speed is nothing to be scoffed at either.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- SolarBeam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
Earthquake with this guy gets STAB, while Solar Beam is handy with Drought, though not as much as anticipated because all his IVs were put into attack, not SpA. Stealth rock isn't used very much, but it is handy when I come across a Shedinja and Deoxys has already hit the dust. Also very handy to switch into when Kyogre is about to get whacked by a thunderbolt, packing more offensive power than Shedinja and still able to absorb the assault.

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Agility
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
A setup guy, he's nice for Stealth Rock to deal with an opponents Shedinja early, and Toxic if I run into trouble with anyone else. Agility has been not used too much, so I'm considering switching it for something else. Spikes have their worth, but don't really pack enough oomph to get the job done as well as SR. I'm considering switching him out for Darkria, as Dark Void has wrecked this team more than once, and the lack of a Sleep Clause in Ubers makes it all the more vicious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it. Perhaps it isn't as weather-oriented as it was when it was conceptualized, but it still leans on that aspect a bit. This team hasn't been tested a lot, but peaked at about 1650, which isn't bad considering I've only been on PS for about 2 weeks. I'm very new to competitive pokemon, and haven't really played the game seriously for a few years now. Nonetheless, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well this team did, despite being put together somewhat hastily.

Importable:
Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Roar

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 Def / 180 HP / 4 SAtk / 144 Spd
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psystrike
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- SolarBeam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Agility
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
First things first: Shedinja is really bad, even with a lot of team support it's not great, and you don't give it much team support. Virtually every team uses entry hazards, and most will get them up early, which means that in most games, Shedinja accomplishes absolutely nothing before dying. Aside from entry hazards, there are a dozen ways of dealing with it, and even when it can take hits, it can rarely do much to the opponent. It seems cool on paper, but a lot of the time almost any Uber Pokemon would serve you better overall.

As for your team as a whole, there are a lot of things I could say about individual Pokemon, but I don't think that would be the most helpful for you, since as you say you are relatively new to competitive Pokemon, and it seems that the weaknesses lie more in the team's overall build than in individual Pokemon.

I recommend using these guides for ideas for sets for individual Pokemon. They are written by experienced players and often have optimized EVs/natures/movesets, so they're good to start off with. Experimenting outside them and coming up with your own sets is great, but these are a good starting point while you learn the metagame, as they are tried and true sets. The sets are ordered for general usefulness; however, even though many teams might benefit more from the main set, some will get the most out of another set. With time you will learn which set is most effective for your particular team.

This is a really good and pretty concise guide for some insight on how to build really effective teams. Your team currently has a lot of good Pokemon (bar Shedinja), but it seems to lack an overall game plan and the Pokemon don't necessarily complement each other all too well. Teams like that do well up to a point, but then can't progress further up the ladder because experienced players use very thoughtfully put together teams, with Pokemon that are great individually, but also play to each other's strengths.

This thread is also useful for team-building. On one hand, it suggests Pokemon for you to use in your team. On the other hand, it also gives you a threat list in order of importance (and a good team needs a way to deal with most of the top threats).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)