Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

About as standard as Ferrothorn come. There are two main reasons I am using Ferrothorn: Stealth Rock and Power Whip. I definitely needed a Stealth Rocker, and Ferrothorn is on the shortlist of Pokemon that are very good with that move. I also really needed a Grass-type Pokemon to deal with Gastrodon, Swampert, Quagsire, and the ever-popular Rotom-W. Ferrothorn fits that role perfectly, as its Steel typing prevents it from being nailed by Ice Beam as well (though it has much to fear from a possible Rotom-W Hidden Power [Fire]).

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

As with Ferrothorn, Scizor is fairly self-explanatory. The extra EVs in speed possibly let it outspeed another Scizor, if it goes 252/252/4. Together with Ferrothorn, Scizor adds a very helpful Dragon-type resistance, and can threaten with Bullet Punch if they have been weakened. Superpower is to let Scizor handle various Pokemon, especially Blissey and Porygon2/Z, but Scizor needs to look out for Flamethrower. Pursuit allows Scizor to trap and KO Psychic- and Ghost-types, many of which are weak on Defense.

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 40 SAtk / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

Rapid Spin is always nice support to have, and having Dragonite on the team makes it an absolute necessity. There aren't really a whole lot of choices for Rapid Spinners; I chose Tentacruel for more Special bulk, as well as the ability to threaten Dragons, Gliscor, Landorus, etc with an Ice Beam. Scald for STAB because the ability to inflict a Burn is always welcome. For the last slot, I chose Giga Drain because Ferrothorn has the only other Grass-type move on the entire team; however, a Giga Drain from Tentacruel isn't really all that strong even on Pokemon which are weak to Grass. Noting this, I may switch Giga Drain to something else, such as Toxic, or maybe Toxic Spikes (or Hail??). I distributed the EVs to help shore up the Defense, but I wonder if they would be better used to increase the Special side.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Ahh, Dragonite. I've always loved Dragonite, and now it has the ability to set up a Dragon Dance while being able to take a hit from almost anything due to Multiscale. The moves are fairly standard, though I have been considering ExtremeSpeed over Earthquake. This would allow Dragonite to double as a revenge killer in certain situations, or pick off weakened opponents while trying to sweep even if he wasn't able to get off a Dragon Dance. Fire Punch is chosen over Dragonite's many other coverage moves to help him pick off Steel-types, and because there are no Fire Pokemon on this team, so I need Fire attacks somewhere I suppose.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

THE revenge killer. Draco Meteor is obscenely powerful coming from Latios, and Surf and Hidden Power [Fire] allow Latios to take on an enormous variety of Pokemon. Trick is there for the possibility of crippling something such as Blissey, as well as suddenly freeing Latios to change up his attacks. I'm not really sure about the nature; it was Timid, but then everyone I asked on the PO Smogon server said "it already has Scarf, it doesn't need any more speed". Of course there is the argument that "other Pokemon can hold Scarves too", but that didn't go over too well. I have also had the thought, though, that HP Fire forces Latios to lose 1 Speed IV, meaning that if an opposing Pokemon of the same speed is not running this move (or some other HP which would cause the same thing), I would lose the speed battle anyway, thus making the extra Speed from Timid pointless.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Slack Off
- Psychic
- Scald
- Fire Blast

Yes, Slowbro. This thing is a beast on physical Defense, and is a very effective counter to Gliscor and Conkeldurr. The ability Regenerator is incredible, allowing Slowbro to come in, hit something, and retreat while regaining health. This combined with the high defenses make Slowbro very tough to take down. Fire Blast takes a lot of Ferrothorn by complete surprise. I've considered Psyshock over Psychic to take on Blissey, but I think Psychic is really needed for Conkeldurr, especially if the latter has used Bulk Up a couple times.

I could really use help, as I have very little experience at all. I've been trying tons of different Pokemon, and this is the most stable team I arrived at. I'd post a threat list, but I'm sure there are tons of Pokemon that could threaten this team (and, since I don't have all that much experience, I can't really say from a glance which are the most threatening).

Any help or comments at all would be appreciated :)

I might switch phys def Ferro with a spec def Ferro. Slowbro already takes physical hits like a boss! Psychic is better in my opinion. Slowbro won't be damaging Blissey that much even with Psyshock. Toxic Spikes on Cruel seems very helpful to your offensive pokes. Switch Earthquake with Roost or Extremespeed on Dragonite. Good team overall. Hope this helps!

I might switch phys def Ferro with a spec def Ferro. Slowbro already takes physical hits like a boss! Psychic is better in my opinion. Slowbro won't be damaging Blissey that much even with Psyshock. Toxic Spikes on Cruel seems very helpful to your offensive pokes. Switch Earthquake with Roost or Extremespeed on Dragonite. Good team overall. Hope this helps!
I probably will switch Giga Drain for Toxic Spikes... Giga Drain hasn't been doing as well as I would have liked. And as I said above, I've been seriously considering ExtremeSpeed over Earthquake on Dragonite... I just worry that as soon as I make that change, I'm going to want EQ back lol.

Thanks for liking the team :)

Hello nice team there it looks pretty solid and I will give you a quick rate. I would like to know how your team handles 2 Drags + 1 Mag cores. Magnezone can trap Ferrothorn and Scizor has no recovery. This makes dealing with Dragons harder as it limits the amount of pokemon that can switch in. I suggest using a bulkier ev spread for Scizor with Superpower and an Occa Berry to handle Magnezone or Heatran.

Scizor (M) @ Occa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

With this set Magnezone is an easy OHKO with a boosted Superpower while Hidden Power Fire will fail to Ko due to Occa Berry. This also will let you set up on Choice Locked Dragon Moves.

Hoped this rate helped.

Hello nice team there it looks pretty solid and I will give you a quick rate. I would like to know how your team handles 2 Drags + 1 Mag cores. Magnezone can trap Ferrothorn and Scizor has no recovery. This makes dealing with Dragons harder as it limits the amount of pokemon that can switch in. I suggest using a bulkier ev spread for Scizor with Superpower and an Occa Berry to handle Magnezone or Heatran.

Scizor (M) @ Occa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

With this set Magnezone is an easy OHKO with a boosted Superpower while Hidden Power Fire will fail to Ko due to Occa Berry. This also will let you set up on Choice Locked Dragon Moves.

Hoped this rate helped.
Hmm. I can definitely see Magnezone being a huge problem. I really like Choice Banded Scizor though... that's a good suggestion, but I'm not sure if that's the way I wanna go.

Also, I think Magnezone still wins that fight... Scizor is too slow to get in a SD and a Superpower, and HP Fire still 2HKOs him.

I suppose I could use a Ground-type somewhere on the team, such as Gliscor. I don't really know where I would put it, though. I suppose the team could possibly do without Latios? Or maybe if I still want a Scarfer, Landorus over Latios?

Magnezone is a big threat for this team. Maybe you can run Bulldoze in Ferrothorn, but that doesn't solve the problem. Another opcion is to replace Slowbro for AcroBat, for example. Anyway you must take care due to HP ice...

Magnezone is a big threat for this team. Maybe you can run Bulldoze in Ferrothorn, but that doesn't solve the problem. Another opcion is to replace Slowbro for AcroBat, for example.
I've thought about that, but in addition to then having 3 Pokemon weak to Ice (you do mean Gliscor lol?), I don't know how I feel about losing Slowbro. He's my main counter to Conkeldurr, and a big help against Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and quite a few others.

I guess you actually do have to rate the team lol. I'm learning.

One thing I realize you might have a big problem is ferrethorn in rain. Despise having 4 pokemon that would do a decent damage to it, leech seed would get that right back. I think you should replace Scizor with Lucario. It also resist dragon like you said it your description and can take out Blissey and Porygon 2. I believe the standard set would fit great.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast/Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Extreme speed

Even though you lose a check to Terrakions, your Latios can still ko. Slowbro can handle Scarfs while taking a nap. Hope this help.

I've thought about that, but in addition to then having 3 Pokemon weak to Ice (you do mean Gliscor lol?), I don't know how I feel about losing Slowbro. He's my main counter to Conkeldurr, and a big help against Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and quite a few others.
Yes, I refer to this set of Gliscor:

Gliscor (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

He beats to Conkeldurr and Jirachi. Respecting Ferrothorn, Sub + SD... But you're right, then you'd have 3 Pokemon weak to Ice.

I guess you actually do have to rate the team lol. I'm learning.

One thing I realize you might have a big problem is ferrethorn in rain. Despise having 4 pokemon that would do a decent damage to it, leech seed would get that right back. I think you should replace Scizor with Lucario. It also resist dragon like you said it your description and can take out Blissey and Porygon 2. I believe the standard set would fit great.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast/Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Extreme speed

Even though you lose a check to Terrakions, your Latios can still ko. Slowbro can handle Scarfs while taking a nap. Hope this help.
I actually have considered exactly that Lucario lol. But if it's Ferrothorn we're worried about... Superpower from Scizor already OHKOs it, and wrecks both Blissey and Porygon. Though Blissey could be a problem if it has Flamethrower.

Yes, I refer to this set of Gliscor:

Gliscor (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Sand Veil
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

He beats to Conkeldurr and Jirachi. Respecting Ferrothorn, Sub + SD... But you're right, then you'd have 3 Pokemon weak to Ice.
I'll consider this... I've also thought about possibly using Donphan as a Rapid Spinner. Of course, he is also weak to Ice...

When you see magnezone in opponents team,use scizor as lure and swards dance away.if magnezone comes in kill hin and it can not oh ko you.bulky scizor sugested above will solve this problem.

I'd go Spikes > Power Whip, as your sweepers like Entry Hazards Damage. In addition, a spread a bit more offensive-orientated should be great

16 Speed EVs, then ok, standard CBZor

Giga Drain is completely useless, while Toxic Spikes decimates stall teams. 252 Speed and Timid-nature is always helpful

Dragonite without Extremespeed? Fire Punch is not that great, stops Ferrothorn only

Why not Timid @ Specs? Specs Trick is much better than Scarf Trick. Then, ok (i'm carrying Psyshock > Surf, if i'm vs a Blissey and i can't Trick, but who cares)

100 Special Attack without any boost makes Slowbro a bad sweeper, here some possible improvements
  1. Life Orb > Leftovers
  2. Expert Belt > Leftovers
  3. Calm Mind > Slack Off
  4. Offensive spread
In overall, Slowbro (maybe i'm wrong) is pretty dead-weight, while Vaporeon, giving another Fire- and Ice-type resistances, is also a good WishPasser, especially for Dragonite and Scizor. On the other hand, Slowbro, with Regeneratory, is a great wall, and can especially stop Conkeldurr.

For threats, this is a solid team, but Tornadus and Toxicroak, Heatran if Slowbro is ko, Scarf Rotom-W, can be problematic, but i'd say Magnezone is the worst threat

I disagree, Fire Punch is very useful for Dragonite, he can hit all steels in balloon (except for Heatran), Skarmory and also can beat more easily Forretress and Scizor. Slowbro is a physicall wall, not a sweeper and he needn't Life Orb.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
this team has pretty much every major threat covered, so in my rate im simply going to attempt to make the team work better as a whole and win battles more effectively.

definitely try out spikes over leech seed on ferrothorn. leech seed is useful and all, but spikes is great on your team, as pokemon like scizor and slowbro are gonna be forcing a lot of switches. this will really wear down the opposing team quickly and make it easier for dragonite to pull off a sweep. additionally, you really dont need giga drain on tentacruel. instead, use toxic spikes. TS will allow you to really put pressure on opposing walls. it will also help wear down bulkier pokemon so that your dragonite, scizor, and latios can eventually pick off weakened walls and then plow through the opposition.

should you choose to go with toxic spikes, it may be worthwhile for you to switch up your dragonite moveset a little bit. keep the lum berry and the adamant nature, but change the ev spread to 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe. then change outrage to dragon claw, and earthquake to roost. this makes dragonite into a bulkier attacker that can obtain many boosts and then sweep; essentially, it's a more defensive version of your current set that still acts as a powerful sweeper. with toxic spikes, this dragonite variant can set up on a variety of walls and pick them off once theyre weakened, paving the way for a sweep. should you choose to run spikes on ferrothorn like i suggested, this dragonite becomes even more deadly.

finally, just some small changes on slowbro i think you should try out. use ice beam over psychic, as psychic mainly hits terrakion and conkeldurr, but these mons can already be taken on by some of your other pokemon. ice beam allows you to smack dragonite, a big threat who looks like he could potentially cause problems for your team. you should also try flamethrower instead of fire blast simply to hit more consistently. FB doesnt achieve any koes that flamethrower doesn't, so you may as well use the move with 100% accuracy.

nice team; hope i helped, and good luck!

I disagree, Fire Punch is very useful for Dragonite, he can hit all steels in balloon (except for Heatran), Skarmory and also can beat more easily Forretress and Scizor
Forretress has Sturdy, so is never 1HKO'ed, not even Scizor (Bulky SD) is oneshooted, and Skarmory gets a shitty damage from Fire Punch. Extremespeed is really strong and has +2 Priority, meaning it outspeeds every Ice Shard / Bullet Punch / such
Slowbro is a physicall wall, not a sweeper and he needn't Life Orb.
If it's a wall, it should be like Toxic + Scald + Slack Off + Ice Beam

this team has pretty much every major threat covered, so in my rate im simply going to attempt to make the team work better as a whole and win battles more effectively.

definitely try out spikes over leech seed on ferrothorn. leech seed is useful and all, but spikes is great on your team, as pokemon like scizor and slowbro are gonna be forcing a lot of switches. this will really wear down the opposing team quickly and make it easier for dragonite to pull off a sweep. additionally, you really dont need giga drain on tentacruel. instead, use toxic spikes. TS will allow you to really put pressure on opposing walls. it will also help wear down bulkier pokemon so that your dragonite, scizor, and latios can eventually pick off weakened walls and then plow through the opposition.

should you choose to go with toxic spikes, it may be worthwhile for you to switch up your dragonite moveset a little bit. keep the lum berry and the adamant nature, but change the ev spread to 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe. then change outrage to dragon claw, and earthquake to roost. this makes dragonite into a bulkier attacker that can obtain many boosts and then sweep; essentially, it's a more defensive version of your current set that still acts as a powerful sweeper. with toxic spikes, this dragonite variant can set up on a variety of walls and pick them off once theyre weakened, paving the way for a sweep. should you choose to run spikes on ferrothorn like i suggested, this dragonite becomes even more deadly.

finally, just some small changes on slowbro i think you should try out. use ice beam over psychic, as psychic mainly hits terrakion and conkeldurr, but these mons can already be taken on by some of your other pokemon. ice beam allows you to smack dragonite, a big threat who looks like he could potentially cause problems for your team. you should also try flamethrower instead of fire blast simply to hit more consistently. FB doesnt achieve any koes that flamethrower doesn't, so you may as well use the move with 100% accuracy.

nice team; hope i helped, and good luck!
Thanks for all the advice!

I'll definitely go Spikes and Toxic Spikes where you said.

As for Dragonite, I'll try that out. Do you not think it would lose too much power? I suppose Roost would help get more boosts. Do you think Dragon Claw and Fire Punch are definitely the two best attacking options?

For Slowbro, I'm not sure that the loss in power going from Fire Blast to Flamethrower isn't an issue. I've done a lot of different scenario calculations, and while not always a problem, I can definitely see situations where the extra power maybe makes something a 2HKO instead of 3 hits.

I understand Ice Beam over Psychic, but one of the main reasons I chose Slowbro is his ability to beat Conkeldurr. Do you really think the rest of the team already handles him well? I suppose Latios can nail him with a Draco Meteor, which can KO after hazards... who else can handle Conkeldurr? Possibly Dragonite with Multiscale up and if Conkeldurr hasn't gotten in a bunch of Bulk Ups, but that's risky, especially if it has Stone Edge.

Forretress has Sturdy, so is never 1HKO'ed, not even Scizor (Bulky SD) is oneshooted, and Skarmory gets a shitty damage from Fire Punch. Extremespeed is really strong and has +2 Priority, meaning it outspeeds every Ice Shard / Bullet Punch / such

If it's a wall, it should be like Toxic + Scald + Slack Off + Ice Beam
ExtremeSpeed definitely has its advantages over Fire Punch, and while I'm not saying Fire Punch is definitely better, I think you should give it a little more credit. Whether or not Dragonite OHKOs those Pokemon, it really can't do anything to them without Fire Punch.

Not every wall needs Toxic... Slowbro is more of an offensive wall, a Pokemon that can deal damage and threaten a whole lot of physical threats while sponging up their hits in return, and recovering with Slack Off and Regenerator.

Slowbro is more of an offensive wall, a Pokemon that can deal damage and threaten a whole lot of physical threats while sponging up their hits in return, and recovering with Slack Off and Regenerator.
What about defensive Reuniclus with Psyshock, Leftovers and Regenerator?

What about defensive Reuniclus with Psyshock, Leftovers and Regenerator?
What's so wrong with Slowbro lol?

Slowbro is a better wall imo. Plus he tanks Water hits nicely (though obviously he has more weaknesses), and can threaten a multitude of things that Reuniclus can't.

Not to mention that Regenerator Reuniclus would make this team DW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)