ORAS OU Weavile Dream Team

I wanted to make a team based around Weavile. This was the result!
Sorry this isn't the prettiest post!

Pinky (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Weavile was the basis of this teams creation and the reason why I'm here. Weavile is fast and strong and gets rid of threats like Landorus, Dragonite, Altaria, and most Psychic and Ghost types. It's also a good revenge killer thanks to its speed.

Dog (Manectric) (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Manectric takes care of some of the things Weavile can't kill. Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Slowbro, Volcanion, and a lot of the physical walls that would put a stop to Weavile.

Fatty (Azumarill) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Azumarill helps take care of pesky fire types, and lets me safely switch into any Outrage user, Dragon type mon, and helps deal with fighting types. When I say fighting types I mostly mean Conkeldurr who could kill Weavile with a Mean Look (Pun intended).

Bird (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame you look delico- I mean strong! Talonflame helps deal with Mega Venasaur and regular Venasaur which can be hard to kill. It also helps deal with any fighting types Azumarill doesn't kill.

Super Fatty (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

I needed something to eat up special moves and who better than Chansey? Chansey carries Wish and Heal Bell to keep everyone healthy, Thunderwave to slow any fast sweeper types down, and Seismic Toss because if I ran Thunderwave and Toxic Chansey wouldn't be able to hit anything.

Horned (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Looking back at my team I have Talonflame and Weavile, both of which don't take too kindly to having Stealth Rocks on the field. So I need a spinner. Excadrill hits hard, sets up rocks, and spins. He also covers up for me not having put in any mons with Earthquake and Rockslide so he makes sense to have in. He deals with Poison types that come out of the woodwork, and he takes care of most Thunderus's which can be hard to kill.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
hey there. welcome to smogon. nice build you have here and there aren't any major flaws with your team, however one thing i noticed is that chansey feels out of place on such an offensive and fast team. it sucks up all the momentum, and a cleric isn't mandatory on a team like this. i think you should try out latios > chansey in place of it. it deals with mega venusaur, which currently walls your team, but also provides you with defog support, alleviating the pressure on excadrill, which needs to stealth rock and rapid spin. it also provides you with another special attacker, so that skarmory and ferrothorn can be OHKO'ed with HP Fire before they set up entry hazards.

now that you already have hazard removal, i think you should go for swords dance > rapid spin because this gives you a wincon, allowing excadrill to successfully sweep through teams with its ground & rock coverage. you should also go for jolly nature to outspeed opposing exca and OHKO with earthquake.

i'd also recommend acrobatics & no item > brave bird & life orb because BB and Flare Blitz recoil coupled means talonflame is worn down extremely easily, so going for this suggestion gives it a much safer alternative.

with azumarill, choice scarf is not needed because its speed is just abysmal and it's not worth it focusing on giving it much more speed when it can simply perform as a wallbreaker so for this reason, you should go for choice band > choice scarf.

~~ changes ~~
>

sets of

~~ sets ~~
Fatty (Azumarill) (F) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Bird (Talonflame)
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

good luck & hope I helped :toast:

hey there. welcome to smogon. nice build you have here and there aren't any major flaws with your team, however one thing i noticed is that chansey feels out of place on such an offensive and fast team. it sucks up all the momentum, and a cleric isn't mandatory on a team like this. i think you should try out latios > chansey in place of it. it deals with mega venusaur, which currently walls your team, but also provides you with defog support, alleviating the pressure on excadrill, which needs to stealth rock and rapid spin. it also provides you with another special attacker, so that skarmory and ferrothorn can be OHKO'ed with HP Fire before they set up entry hazards.

now that you already have hazard removal, i think you should go for swords dance > rapid spin because this gives you a wincon, allowing excadrill to successfully sweep through teams with its ground & rock coverage. you should also go for jolly nature to outspeed opposing exca and OHKO with earthquake.

i'd also recommend acrobatics & no item > brave bird & life orb because BB and Flare Blitz recoil coupled means talonflame is worn down extremely easily, so going for this suggestion gives it a much safer alternative.

with azumarill, choice scarf is not needed because its speed is just abysmal and it's not worth it focusing on giving it much more speed when it can simply perform as a wallbreaker so for this reason, you should go for choice band > choice scarf.

~~ changes ~~
>

sets of

~~ sets ~~
Fatty (Azumarill) (F) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Bird (Talonflame)
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

good luck & hope I helped :toast:
This was very helpful and very informative! I will try the team out with your changes now, but it looks good! What do you think about Iron Head>Swords dance on Excadrill for Fairy types? They haven't been a problem so far but I think it could help.

Everything was great but I have to say I think low kick is better than pursuit on Weavile for ttar, weavile, bisharp, ferrothorn etc..

hi
so rn you have a team that's sorta all over the place. you have a solid offensive core in manectric/weav but some weird stuff like life orb exca outside of sand and scarf azu. chansey also doesn't fit on such an offensive team, and is usually only used on stall. anyways lgi

OK let's start with chansey. Right now it''s pretty much just killing any semblance of momentum you had so I would drop it completely. Instead I would run Helmet Lando-T > Chansey. Helmet lando takes on sand which you're pretty weak to right now, and the helmet lets you get better chip damage on lop, talon, etc. it's also a much better rocker than exca since it has much better bulk, and forms a good volturn core with manectric.

next up is that weird scarf azu. Azu is too slow to really benefit much from scarf, and would much rather have band so it can break through the likes of clefable and weakened slowbro. basically run Band Azu > Scarf Azu.

Aight so LO exca is pretty mediocre outside of sand. It's pretty slow and very fragile, and even worse at the spinning role. Since you have talon you need some sort of good hazard removal, which I don't consider your current set to be. Instead I would run Latios > Excadrill. This way you have more reliable hazard removal and a check to mega manectric, which currently gives you some trouble, and a good way of dealing with quagsire, rotom, keldeo, and mega zard y.

lastly is talon. your set is pretty ok, but I'd tweak it a little. Instead of life orb I'd try out Leftovers and you could try out a Swords Dance set. Then you can tweak the spread so that you a. don't get 2hkod by rocks and b. have a little speed creep. With wisp sd, you can deal with bisharp significantly better and if you want a better stop you could even run Bulk Up with a more spdef oriented spread.

OK I think that's all for now. I'll post the sets below.

Bird (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

have a nice day!

Hello.

First off, I'll agree with cfdba's suggestions on Band > Scarf Azumarill; SD > Flare Blitz Talonflame; and Latios > Chansey.

I'd like to make a note about Latios: make sure you're running Roost, just like the set that cfdba gave you. Roost provides Latios longevity, which allows him to check Keldeo, Mega Charizard-Y, and Mega Manectric more reliably. Alternatively, you could run Latias instead if you feel that you need a more reliable switch-in against Keldeo and Mega Manectric.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

However, I'd suggest Tank Garchomp > Excadrill as your hazard setter. Even with Will-O-Wisp on Talonflame, Swords Dance Bisharp is still a threat to your team. Talonflame isn't a great check to Bisharp and the former easily gets pressured by SR. Plus, if Bisharp is a Lum Berry variant and used SD earlier then it scores a KO with a +2 Knock Off (if Talon has an item; if Talon has no item, then Talon needs to be at least 76% HP or below to be KOed) I feel that running Landorus-T just adds another weakness to Bisharp as Intimidate gives Bisharp a +1 boost and allows the latter to sweep if it used SD earlier. With Garchomp, you can tank Bisharp's hits better.

+3 252 Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 247-292 (64.6 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+3 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 271-321 (70.9 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+3 252 Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 297-351 (77.7 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+3 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 325-384 (85 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

+3 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 321-380 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+3 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 352-417 (92.1 - 109.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 202-238 (48.4 - 57%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 222-262 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 243-286 (58.2 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 265-313 (63.5 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 263-309 (63 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 289-341 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

92 Speed EVs allow Garchomp to outspeed Jolly Bisharp and hit it with an Earthquake before Bisharp hits Garchomp with Knock Off.

Toxic over Fire Blast because it allows Garchomp to set a timer on fat mons like Slowbro and Tangrowth. Also, you have Mega Manectric to deal with Scizor and Skarmory.

Hope I helped. Good luck with the team!

EDIT: Fixed grammatical errors.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)