Mafia vs Village Weeb Mafia: GAME OVER! Postgame in #504-505

they* Jalmont
and I got results about the Expert Killer. I told you about this when you asked me why my target still died, it was posted why my target still died in the flavor of "killed by expert killer," and then you still? idk what you did actually. I forget a lot of things.

oh i wish he told me that then..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

unless he did and then i'm just dumb i guess LOL

e: really?? i don't remember that at all. i believe you i guess maybe i just assumed you were bad or something.... strange. o well.

So that means King_ idled even when I hooked him? Otherwise i'd have gotten an item right?
He tried to make the SANDS for Nico? (Which would have been insane) but the hook prevented him from doing that.

If you targeted him when he had the Sandwich, which was impossible because he was lynched before that could happen, you would steal it

One piece of feedback I'd give:

1. Ending the day early when people gave up or got inspected, but not implementing a hard hammer rule
I had a bit of trouble with this because of my schedule. all too often I'd get my first chance to check the thread only to find out that everything had already happened. This more than anything else was responsible for me almost never voting, which is a big part of the game.

It ended up not becoming a problem but I was concerned about this drawing suspicion to me (which it did a little). If I were town the results would have been the same and I would have been suspected for it too anyway. Also if I were town it would have made me really out of the loop with respect to events.

You made a few beginner's mistakes here and there, but I think you did a fine job hosting.

It's interesting to see your thought process for these roles. They're odd, yet creative. I can appreciate that. You were clear about your visions, even if things didn't turn out exactly how you planned.

Blazade said:
Role Comments: One half of the Hooker Twins, only hitting kills is a weak role, so it would hook any action they were performing as long as part of what they were doing was killing. I thought that was a pretty fair exchange, and the hooker twins were meant to be easily confirmable town with more utility than a standard hooker while keeping things interesting for more players. Twin the Non-Kill Hooker couldn't see this though, and went for the blind vig.

Player Comments: I'm so sorry, SomewhatOddish. I meant for you to hang back and help out while slowly learning the game but you got shamefully misvigged instead just for looking like you'd slipped when you were really trying be cooperative. Hopefully this doesn't happen again and you'll have better luck next game.
Don't be sorry. It would've been great to better experience an OC but those are the breaks, I guess.

Blazade said:
Player Comments: I gave this to Empoof because I felt Empoof was proficient at negotiation and being discreet when he needed to be, so I thought he'd do just fine in an investigative position. Claiming to Sam after clearing him isn't bad play by any means, and even if clearing Sam is a little random when Twin steps up that's not bad either. It's a casualty of the Transporter working the way it does, and a matter of circumstance that he died, but while he lived he helped Oddish with the game and played an integral role in raising red flags against Sam when he died. Under different circumstances, he could have been in Nomark's position this game.
Agreed. Shoutout to Empoof for being so nice and approachable to me. I clearly didn't know what I was doing, and he made me feel more comfortable in an environment I didn't understand. I initially thought he was trying to manipulate me to get me to spill info, but then I decided he was genuine and I was right.

Blazade was also very kind and helpful. I didn't talk to them much, but they were patient with me and made me feel better about what I was doing. These two were kind of a contrast with twin who I felt intimidated by (no offense twin). Since I didn't understand what claiming was, when twin messaged me out of the blue demanding I claim, I was suspicious. I only responded out of fear that my lack of claiming would be used against me. If I had felt more comfortable with twin/knew what I was doing, I probably would've been able to respond to them in a way that didn't seem scummy, but whatever. I've beat myself up over that enough, and I acknowledge that it's not my fault anymore.

That's really all the comments I have. Sorry for no legit feedback on your hosting or the roles, I'm starting to get lazy lol.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
twin is a bad village leader to get in your first game, hes like old unclesam was and way too abrasive without being willing to help noobtowns out. other ones are more lenient and helpful

Didn't rly follow this game as much as I wanted to, so sorry about that - I put up a bad defense even tho in hindsight it was very obvious that US was maf, I was just too lazy to look out for it. I shoulda gone harder on the US scum-factor n I was too late with launching the Galap lynch (but I mean, I swear I was the only one on the final day bothered about Galap and his BPV claim). I feel like I had my suspicions of US being maf D1 when he was sucking Twin's dick p hard and trying to be a lil good-natured helper to him, which is totally against how I see US' village play in the games I've been w/ him. I thought it was kinda too irrational a thought to voice tho.

Agreeing that the game balance is a lil off and maf needed so many village misplays to secure the win - and even then, barely. I'll learn to only join games I actually am invested in from now on :/ - in fairness this game looked exciting until I got my role PM, but it's understandable Blazade that you had to make another village role for balancing reasons (tho Jalmont got it wrong imo ;), village didn't rly need +1).

Yeah, on the one hand crossfire should be more impactful than mislynches, and the mafia both wasted 2 kills on DLE while leaving the vig up to chew threw possible mislynches faster, on the other hand a lot of those decisions turned out to be tactically necessary at the time.

It seems oppressive now, but if the vig got killed for free instead of wasting the mafia kill, if DLE got lynched, if Yeti put shub on herself like she was going to, if DLE protected Aubisio during night 3, it would have been a far closer game and town would have needed numbers like this.

The Goods had to do what they had to do to ensure that they dominated the other mafia while chewing through the village fast enough, but those decisions carried the risk that they wouldn't be able to manipulate town afterward just like killing the vig early carried risks in fighting against the kids.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
thank you for hosting this blazade! I'm flattered 3:

Blazade said:
he only bad thing I have to say about pancake is he abandoned his team right after he got lynched. He was a strong voice that I was counting on to hold them together through stratalking and instead he left them to idle and die. I've got confidence he'll do really well in future games with better luck and more experience.
for the record, I had ABSOLUTELY no idea I could do this, lmfao. I play mafia mostly on PS and after mafia dies on PS, you can't talk to your partners, so I assumed it was like that. This will just make me stronger for future games 3:

The short answer is by the time it was clear I needed to sub you you were already functionally dead and I didn't have people lined up anyway.

Next time let me know if you need a break and I'll find someone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)