Welcome, to the Clash show! Today's episode - An offensive team [RMT]

Howdy.

Welcome to my RMT. First thing's first, I'm Clash. Nice to meet you ;)

This team is one that took me a lot of thinking to make. Since I suck entirely at the process of team building, it's really hard for me to make a team but I finally got round to building one. Not alone though. My good friend Bologo helped me a lot with this, so many thanks to him :).

Now this is an Offensive team. I'm using 3 of my favourite Pokemon in this team (Lucario/Hitmontop/Mismagius). It's good that they dont exactly hinder each other when on the same team. The main aim of this team is to set up Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes when the opportunity arises. From there on, I use my Metal Sound Heatran/Boatload or resistances to force my opponent to switch a lot. Finally, I use my sweepers to finish my opponent off for good. It's a simple thing to do really.

Note: This team may look like Aldaron's team but I assure you, it isn't. Far from it even.

Roserade @ Focus Sash
Natural Cure
Timid - 252 Sp.att/252 Speed/6 HP
-Sleep powder
-Toxic Spikes
-HP Ice
-Grass knot
My Toxic Spikes source. This set is so effective and many people don't expect it. Roserade has a chance to set up on many leads Swampert, Hippowdon ETC. If I get in on these lot, Free spikes. Sleep Powder is a great move for incapacitating threats to my team such as Gyarados and Heracross then choosing the appropriate counter.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Inner Focus
Modest - 252 Sp.att/252 Speed/6 HP
-Aura Sphere
-Vacuum Wave
-HP Ice
-Shadow Ball

It's actually beneficial for me to run this set as apposed to the SD/LO Lucario that's Oh-so-Popular right now. Why? Since all of that version's counters are killed by SpecsLuke. Weezing? Gliscor? Hehe, no. All dead :D. I don't really mind going with Dark Pulse on this so please tell me which is better.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Technician
Adamant - 252 Sp.Def/252 HP/6 Attack
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
-Bullet Punch
-Stone Edge

The Bologo touch (Priority Sweepers FTW!). I wanted an effective Late game sweeper and I though of one of my favourite Pokemon - Hitmontop. With Technician, Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, I like the way it can dish out a guaranteed amount of damage. Bulk Up is to raise my attack and defence higher which makes this guy a beast any time of the game.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
Impish - 252 HP/180 Def/76 Speed
-Earthquake
-Ice fang
-Stealth Rock
-Roost

After slice pointed out my embarrasing SD Chomp/SD Lucario/Hera weak, I ditched Swampert in favour of a more reliable tank/support option. Gliscor can defeat all 3 of these threats which could all have ended the game for me earlier. Standard fare here.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Modest - 52 HP/252 Sp.att/204 Speed
-Metal sound
-HP Grass
-Fire Blast
-Earth power

Fits so many roles on my team, it's incredible. Absorbs Roserade's and Lucario's Fire weaknesses and add's to it's destructive potential. I needed something to force switches and Heatran's typing makes it the don of Offensive teams so I though "Metal Sound Tran it is". 2HKO's Blissey after the Metal Sound which is always nice. HP Grass is for Swampert, Vaporeon and Suicune (Who are promptly OHKOed after Metal Sound).

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Levitate
Timid - 116 HP/140 Sp.att/252 Speed
-Substitute
-Calm mind
-Shadow ball
-HP Fighting

Blissey killer ^^. This set needs a lot more attention. If you get it in on the right Pokemon, it's game over. SB and HP Fighting for coverage. Sub > WoW so Blissey can't touch me.

And that's it.

Overview
-Normally, I use Mismagius to do it's appropriate thing for each lead. It works pretty well and it usually gives me a free turn to do something.
-I don't really need a Spinner since nothing is weak to SR and Roserade absorbs TSpikes.
-Resistance is how I get around (as is how all other offensive teams get around). I have many resistances for every type with my mix of Pokemon here so hopefully there aren't many big threats. If there are, please notify me.

Thanks for reading. Please, RMT!

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Here's a much better spread I devised for your Mismagius:

168 HP/88 SDef/252 Speed Timid Nature

Damage taken from Modest ScarfGar's Shadow Ball is now 84.82% - 99.67%.

That's a lower amount of damage than your EV spread since HP EVs help Mismagius a boatload more than Special Defense EVs because of 60 base HP vs 105 base special defense. Meanwhile, it still allows you to survive Gengar's Shadow Ball, and since your HP is odd, you can come survive an extra turn of Sandstorm since you can survive with 1 HP for 17 turns of Sandstorm.

I like your team a lot. Good job. :]

No. This team is blatantly raped by a standard Swords Dance Garchomp, which is absolutely detrimental in the OU enviroment. Not to mention pitifully Heracross weak. Here is the thing: Swampert isn't going to cut it. Its lack of recovery and late game presence is welcoming Garchomp to come in, set up, and rape you without mercy. To safely deal with Chomp, you got some reconstruction to do. Ditch Swampert for a standard Stealth Rock Gliscor to deal with Chomp, Swords Dance Lucario, and Heracross at the same time(remember to run Ice Fang>Aerial Ace). To "seal" the Heatran/Infernape weakness, you can slap something like Starmie(standard Rapid Spin/Recover/Surf/Thunderbolt 172 hp/ 224 speed/ 114 Satk) over Heatran.

Hitmontop is evidently doing nothing for you but throwing random, weak priority attacks for this team when its role is useless with the team's situation. Put something like...Restalk Machamp in there to defeat Blissey, stop random Sleep Inducers, and beat Chomp in Sandstorm situations. Run 104 Hp/ 144 Attack/ 252 defense/ 8 speed, with No Guard ability and Ice Punch over Stone Edge. Lucario is better off running Swords Dance/ Close Combat/ Ex speed/ Bullet Punch with Adamant nature and a Life Orb. Beats random Gengar switch ins and Crunch isn't needed because you can handle Cresselia and Slowbro pretty well as it stands(Heatran and Missy for Cresselia, Toxic Spikes make waste of Slowbro). On an ending note, lead with Roserade. That will let you get the jump on Garchomp with the passive Toxic Spikes damage. This being said, Mismagius can run the standard Calm Mind set with Leftovers. I am still worried I missed something and will edit this post with more fixes if I notice any more issues with this team.

Honestly, Roserade doesn't look like it serves much of a purpose. As you stated yourself, your team is more offense oriented and Toxic Spikes isn't nearly as helpful for offensive teams (though I guess it could be helpful for Heatran). I'd replace it with Gliscor, who would give you a lot of help against both Garchomp and Heracross, who give your team a lot of problems as it is.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
On second thought, I actually agree with Fishin in that you should get rid of Roserade and put Gliscor.

Remember, your team may be offensive, but it is also quite slow. If a really fast opponent comes in on Toxic Spikes and gets poisoned, you're in a lot of trouble, since you can no longer paralyze them, which can cost you dearly in the end.

Gliscor can, as Fishin said, take care of Garchomp/Heracross (man I didn't notice those weaks very well when I glanced at the team, oops), plus it can set up Stealth Rock, which is much more useful on offensive teams than Toxic Spikes. Stealth Rock can set up a lategame sweep quite nicely.

Just remember, you don't NEED a PSweeper, but if you like Hitmontop, then go for it. Post how any tests are going so I can see if that Hitmontop's actually any good.

Thanks for the rates guys :D
@ Bologo - Thanks very much mate ^^
@ Slice - God, that's mortifying. I've updated my team and put Gliscor over Swampert to fix said problems. However, I wanna test the team a bit more like as it is now before adding in Machamp/Changing Lucario's moves. Also, thanks for the full RMT =]
@ Fishin - I've replaced Swampert with Gliscor now. Is there something that could go over Roserade seeing as you pointed out TSpikes aren't really needed?
@ Bologo - I like Having a priority sweeper. It's different, unique and it's great ;D

Could I use Rest/Sleep Talk/Dragon Dance/Waterfall Gyarados? I need a status absorber now that Roserade will be ditched and said Gyara set is good :D.

Yeah, that's true. I think I'll just go with the one straight out of the analysis workshop:

name: The Bulky Dancer
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Stone Edge / Return
move 4: Taunt
item: Leftovers
ability: Intimidate
nature: Adamant
evs: 148 HP / 176 Def / 184 Spe

Or, shall I use a more offensive/sweeper like spread?

Nice, the fixes made this team alot more versatile. I really stress that you lead off with Rose and make Missy a standard CMer because you need to get the Toxic Spikes set up quickly for Chomps that appear mid game.

I think the lack of a powerful physical attacker may be this teams downfall, tho you could use CB or Scarf Machamp over Hitmontop.

BTW Slice, Resttalk Machamp isn't beating Swords Dance Garchomp any time soon.

All non Life Orb Garchomps that have Swords Danced once fail to OHKO Machamp with Earthquake and sometimes even Outrage thanks to defensive ev investments.

After playing around with this team a lot more, I've decided to ditch Roserade due to:
-Lack of synergy
-I need another Physical sweeper,

So I ask you guys, what physical sweeper would replace Roserade and still work well with the team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)