Welcome to the Machine - a team archive

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

art by Blue Frog

After being eliminated from the invitational and shamelessly stealing this idea from Level-51 I’ve decided that I would make my own team archive for XY. As well all know XY is coming to a close within the next month as ORAS is coming out and I found this Gen to be quite enjoyable. Most of you know that a lot of my teams are very unorthidox and not quite user friendly, but i’ve always found team building to be one of the most enjoyable things about Doubles. Something about being able to use nearly anything you want to relative success because of the natural balance in the tier is something that’s always drawn me to it.. I don’t plan on going in depth on every mon, but I will answer questions about EV spreads and moves for those who have them, don’t be afraid to ask. Yes I do use a lot of shiny mons, and yes the nick name MF Doom appears quite a bit, out of respect for me if you do plan to use these teams, I simply ask you keep the names and shiny status they way they are here.

Echoes -

One of my earliest teams, and one of my most successful (somehow) turned the meta upside down. The main point of the team is to Fake Out with Kanga and use Choice Specs Sylveon to cause as much damage as you possible can. When your opponent has Steel-Types just use Heatran and set up a sub to put a lot of pressure on your opponent. Gyarados and Hydreigon are 2 of the most underrated Pokemon in the tier and I know Arcticblast is going to hate my Thundurus EV spread but fuck him! :]

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Heal Bell

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earth Power

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Gyarados @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Ice Fang

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 44 SpA / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

MF Doom (Hydreigon) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Comfortably Numb -

I saw someone using Assault Vest Clawitzer in VGC and decided it was something that i absolutely need to use, at the same time I also hadn’t made a team with Mega Venusaur yet. I used these 2 to form a boring F/W/G + Ghost core with Heatran and Aegislash respectively. The interesting thing about this team is that both Tran and Aegislash carry substitute. Having Hitmontop and Thundurus to support the team worked well, but it wasn’t something I used in tournaments a lot because it wasn’t very good in the meta at the time, tho I feel as if it would be now.

MF Doom (Clawitzer) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Muddy Water

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 44 SpA / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 76 Def / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Close Combat
- Detect

Breathe (In the Air) -

For those who have seen me play over the years, you’ll know I absolutely adore to use Hail. Come this point in the Generation I had yet to use it and everyone has been using it with Trick Room, I decided to the complete opposite and make this team as fast as possible while using unconventional Hail abusers such as Greninja and Darkrai. Landorus and Gyarados offer double intimidate while Kyurem makes for an interesting Substitute abuser. Mega Abomasnows bulk is amazing and shouldn’t be underestimated, he was by far one of the best Mega’s in this metagame in my opinion. This is one of my all time favourite teams to use and it’s done a lot for me; lots of tournament matches, lots of ladder peaks, all because of a few stupid gimmicks and some snow :]

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

MF Doom (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Gyarados @ Choice Band
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Blizzard
- Dragon Pulse

Two suns in the Sunset -

The team isn’t anything super creative, it’s pretty much just standard sun with 2 grass types and doubles intimidate. Obviously the main point of the team is to keep sun up and use heatwave with zard over and over while Venusaur picks threats off or puts them to sleep. Hitmontop is used to cover Charizards ass with wide guard and intimidate support while simultaneously providing Fake Out and Feint support. Feint is a really under utilized move on weather teams in my opinion, if you only have a certain number of turns to do something make sure you can use them all. Lando is standard scarf boring shit and loomer is sash to help against things like rain and Terrakion, also puts pressure on opposing teams threatening sleep so Zard can spam and do more damage.

MF Doom (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpA / 124 SpD
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Feint

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Protect

Coming back to Life -

A Tailwind team build around something that I had been wanting to use for quite some time by this point, Mega Aerodactyl. Fast, decent typing, a nice ability, just seemed like something that could really work. Needed another Tailwind setter so I decided on Suicune to balance out the typing. Kyurem-b, Conkeldurr, and Landorus are all there to deal major damage while benefiting from the speed boost while Scizor is there to be a potential set up sweeper for the late game.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Detect

MF Doom (Kyurem-Black) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Suicune @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Shine on you Crazy Diamond -

This team might be a little gimmicky but it still works extremely well in my eyes. i’ve never used Gardevoir to this point, and a move had been implemented on PS that i wanted to use in Ally Switch. For those who don’t know the move has priority and it switches places with your Ally (obviously). The plan was to pair it with Pokemon that could be covered by her Fairy-typing, and Pokemon that could cover her Weaknesses. Hydraslash came to mind. Aegislash King Shield can be used to protect her from stray Bullet Punches and give him the ability to set up a free sub. While Hydreigon’s glaring Fighting-weakness isn’t as large of a problem with Gard absorbing the hits. Infernape is another very underrated Pokemon in my opinion, it’s very fast, and has good mix stats. Fake out is obviously the main draw to it, but on this set i’ve used Endeavor for when i get brought down to sash. HP Ice can also be used. The one problem people might have when using this team is the fact the using Ally Switch creates a lot more mind games than a person might be use to.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Telepathy
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Ally Switch
- Protect

MF Doom (Hydreigon) @ Draco Plate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Endeavor

Wish you were Here -

By this point, I really just wanted to use one of my favourite Pokemon in Mega Blastoise. Good bulk, Good special attack, Water Spout and good coverage, there wasn’t really anyone who had used it up to this point so it was just something that needed to be done. Blastoise’s speed isn’t the greatest, so Tailwind seemed like the best choice to support it. I decided to go with 3 Tailwind setters on this team because a lot of the team falls into a weird speed tier, so keeping Tailwind up is kind of necessary. Mamoswine and Genesect are both really good Pokemon that keep offensive pressure on.
#BigCannons (Blastoise-Mega) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Protect
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

MF Doom (Hydreigon) @ Chople Berry
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Tailwind

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tailwind
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Protect

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Ability: Download
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Latios (M) @ Draco Plate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Psyshock
- Protect

Have a Cigar -

This next team is more of a VGC Style team. Based around something a lot of people used at worlds and I had been messing around with for a while, Gothitelle. My variant uses Charm, while as others like Sejun and Cybertrons used Tickle, and Heal pulse respectively. Charm is more to trap Kanga and make it useless, Tickle could also be viable for Mawile and Haryiama but i find Charm to be better. The Mawile is very bulky and the 18 speed IVs means it can outrun Gothitelle by 1 point. Cresselia helps keep Trick Room up and carries a Chesto Berry to be able to set up Trick Room against teams with sleep spam. Heatran also carries Safety Goggles to take advantage of mainly Amoonguss, who is usually a 100% counter to all Trick Room teams.

Problems (Gothitelle) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Charm
- Protect

Bloo (Mawile) @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 4 Def / 196 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 18 Spe
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Chimpact (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Edgar (Heatran) @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

New Breed (Cresselia) (F) @ Chesto Berry
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rest

Blunder (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Hydro Pump

Another Brick in the Wall -

The last team ill post for now and yes another Tailwind team. This team was specifically designed with 1 purpose in mind. Beat TFC. This was one of the teams I made specifically for Slam Finals. Knowing TFC loved to use Kangaskhan, I decided Lucario Mega was something that would do very well against him. If he brought one of his other teams, it will still have a decent matchup (bullet punch OHKOs mega Gard) Talonflame, Mew, and Togekiss are all very good setters with Heracross able to abuse with dual stab and moxie. Kyurem-b is a sub set meant to cause a lot of problems for the opposing teams while Heracross and Lucario break holes at the same time.

HUGOOOOOOO (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

BKC (Togekiss) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Roost

JJ (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Funk! (Mew) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tailwind
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Joey (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

CBB (Heracross) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Feint
- Protect

Well, that's most of my teams that are worth sharing. I have more, that are fairly gimmicky but can be shared if you guys want. I don't wanna go to deep into shootouts because it would be longer than the actually thread, but thank you to everyone in the Doubles community, it's an honour to be part of it. Thank you to all of my tournament friends, thank you to all of my friends in idm and a special thank you to makiri TV-Rocka and the other Jets from NPA. When you're a jet you're a jet all the way. I will also build teams for people in this thread like people in other achieves have. Try to make it something creative tho would ya please. I hope you enjoy my teams and I hope you use them well. I will see you guys come SPL because I have nothing more to play until then. Love you all friends, and as one last parting gift I will leave you with one of my all time favourite albums, special shout out to BKC

ps - don't be afraid to ask questions about certain ev spreads and such. and an obvious shout out to the amazing blue frog

Last edited:
All these teams look great! I tried to figure out how to do Gardevoir + Infernape once before, but never actually got it to work. Admittedly I didn't try very hard, but kudos to you for that. Heck, that might have been my request had you not done it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)