What do you think? (I love it)

Well, I think I've made myself a pretty good UU Team. I've tried it out for maybe 15 battles now and I've only lost twice. It started out as a team I just kind of threw together, but as I tweaked it, it turned out to have a lot of synergy. There isn't anything quirky or unique about this team, but it works damn well.

First off:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake

Nothing special here. Just letting Bronzong do what it does best. Had Xatu on this team when it first started out, but the lack of Stealth Rock support was being felt really badly. The only thing besides Magic Bounce that Xatu offered was Toxic really, and Bronzong conveniently has that. Bronzong is as good as it gets in UU at what I need it for. Stealth Rock Support, and taking an attack extremely well if I need it. Not having Magic Bounce, or a rapid spinner hurts, but Xatu was a one-trick-pony and Bronzong offers me more.

Next:

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Are you really surprised that Heracross is on a UU Team? Yes, I know Heracross has become a staple on most UU Teams in Gen. 5, but for good reasons. Not much need for explanation here. Heracross' ability to force switch-outs, and still hit whatever comes in hard, with incredible type coverage is second-to-none. A Choice Banded, Adamant, STAB Close Combat from a Heracross is going to hit anything besides a ghost (obviously) HARD, and that's going to impair an opposing team big time.

3rd Poke:

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Volt Switch
-Extrasensory

Choice Specs Raikou is very capable of catching opponents off-guard very well, and OHKOing a number of unsuspecting foes. Raikou becomes much like Heracross here, but with Special Attacks.

4th Poke:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
-Scald
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Yep, the CroCune set. Yes, it was much more viable in 4th Gen., but I love it. This also is very capable of catching the opponent off-guard. Unless the opponent sends in something quickly to force Suicune out, it can become very difficult to get rid of this thing. Opponents can try to Toxic or Thunder Wave, but I can just rest it off. Also, with both Raikou and Suicune having Pressure, PP can actually become a very real situation for the oppinent.

5th Poke:

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-V-create
-Fusion Bolt
-U-turn
-Zen Headbutt

You may have noticed that I didn't use a speed-boosting nature on Heracross or Raikou. This is why. There is no better revenge killer in the UU meta-game. There isn't much explanation needed here.

Lastly:

Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell
-Payback

Umbreon is so important to this team as utility. There is a lot that it offers. It can take special hits very well, it can Wish-pass, and it can cure statuses. All very important to the team's overall success.

I think it's a great team. Would love to hear your thoughts. All feedback welcome.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hm... well, Hello! This seems like a pretty solid team. I'm gonna pretty much do a bit more nit-picky stuff, the important stuff about your team is pretty solid, except maybe a thing or two:

The main thing I see that could harm this team is one word: HAZARDS. Hazards are a huge staple in the UU metagame. Plus, you also lack Phazing. This is why I think you should change your current Water Type, Suicune, for a more defensive pokemon: Blastoise. He can Spin, and Roar/Dtail, as well as, if you want, perform an offensive set. The only drawback I see is that your team is basically three choice users, plus three defensive pokemon.

MORE NIT PICKY STUFF

Secondly, I say you switch Victini's nature from Adamant to Jolly. This ensures that you outspeed Adamant Scarf Flygons, and, IIRC, a Stab Zen Headbutt could KO (lemme calc that after this post), and I think it might be an OHKO after SR, but then again, maybe I'm wrong, but still, to Outspeed is always nice.
EDIT: Herp, I'm thinking something else. It only has 5% chance to 2HKO, w/o rocks. w/ rocks, prob not more than 15% to 2HKO, but oh well. It'd be nice to maybe kill it late game, but eh.. still, outspeeding is always awesome.

Secondly, change Raikou's Nature to Timid. Without Timid, it gets outsped by the common 105s and over (mainly Mienshao, Cobalion, and Mismagius, but also Froslass, or even Cryogonal, or something.) which sucks D:. So, changing it to timid would be good, plus, you also speed tie with Zelf, Ambi, and other Raikou.

TL;DR
Blastoise>Suicune; May have to change team idea just a schmidge, but idk.
Victini and Raikou: Speed boosting Nature, outspeed shtuff.

That's really all I see bad about this team. I wish you luck in your journey, young pokemon trainer! ;D

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey,

You have a pretty cool team, but it seems to have some weaknesses that need to be ironed out. The biggest problem of your team is the weakness to Grass and Fighting type sweepers, as your only check (Victini) is weak to Stealth Rock, and will be easily worn down, leaving your opponent room for a sweep with a Pokemon like Choice Scarf Heracross or Scrafty. Since Umbreon looks like the most replaceable Pokemon on your team, you could use Crobat instead. Crobat provides you with a solid switch in for the previously mentioned pokemon, as well as a fast pivot for your team. Here's the set:

Crobat@Leftovers | Inner Focus
Jolly Nature | 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Brave Bird / U-turn / Roost / Taunt

The only problem your team has is the weakness to entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock, because a lot of your pokemon are choiced, and you also have 2 pokemon weak to Stealth Rock, which means you won't be able to switch between your pokemon freely. The best way to fix this would be using Blastoise instead of Suicune. Blastoise is still a bulky water pokemon that is able to check Fire type sweepers and Ground types like Darmanitan, Rhyperior or Choice Scarf Flygon like Suicune did, but it also has access to Rapid Spin, making it a great supporter for your team.

Blastoise@Leftovers | Torrent
Bold Nature | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Scald / Ice Beam / Rapid Spin / Roar

Finally, I recommend using a 252 / 4 Def / 252 SpD along a Sassy nature spread on Bronzong, as it will allow it to check Raikou more efficiently, which is a big threat to your team. You could also change Heracross's ability to Guts. While it's true that Moxie gives Heracross attack boosts when it kills opposing pokemon, Choice Band Heracross is too slow to take advantage of them, while Guts allow Heracross to beat defensive pokemon like Suicune or Sableye, as it take advantage of the status (especially burn) instead of being crippled by them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)