what even is this team anyway? ewl...

I took a break from pokemon for a while there but I've went back to playing again and I've been testing out this team and it's been going pretty good so thanks to everyone who rates it and sh*t.

Team At A Glance

The Team

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EV's: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Nature: Sassy
~ Spikes
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Whip

Ferrothorn acts as the lead and the Special Wall of the team. The reason I gave him a Sassy nature is because I felt like my team needed more support when it came to special hits and Ferrothorn could do this job perfectly. The first two attacks are self explanatory really, set up Stealth Rock first then get as many Spikes in as possible. Gyro Ball is for STAB and helps with Dragon types and other pokemon that get in the way and thanks to his low speed, it can hit quite hard. Power Whip is there for a strong STAB that could possibly get him a sweep or two depending on the pokemon.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
~ Scald
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Rapid Spin

Starmie's job is very simple, he's the Rapid Spinner of the team that can also get in a few sweeps with what I'd say is a very flexible moveset that can handle various types. First move he uses is Rapid Spin that gets rid off the entry hazards that have been set up then fires in with either STAB Scald which I chose over Hydro Pump and Surf as it has a chance to burn the opponent which could prove beneficial, Ice Beam to handle Dragon types or Thunder Bolt to deal with other Water Types.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Nature: Impish
~ Substitute
~ Protect
~ Earthquake
~ Toxic

Gliscor is one of those pokemon that people find hard to take down, which is one of the reasons I used him the other being that I just love him. He works as the Physical Wall of the team and also as the Annoyer. Thanks to Substitute and Protect, he can slowly defeat as many pokemon as he can with Toxic and STAB Earthquake and thanks to his great ability and Toxic Orb he just heal right back up as if nothing. I love sending him out in a battle!

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Fire Punch
~ Earthquake

This thing just sweeps, sweeps and sweeps again I love it. Being the Physical Sweeper of my team, Dragonite can take out many of the opponents team and thanks to his DW ability, Dragonite is almost impossible to take down especially one he gets Dragon Dance up and running. STAB Outrage can KO almost every pokemon in the game after one DD and with Lum Berry the aftermath isn't a problem. Fire Punch deals with Steel pokemon, mainly Scizor, that get sent out to try and get Dragonite out. Earthquake deals with Heatran and rain teams that try to pose a threat.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
~ Overheat
~ Close Combat
~ U-turn
~ Stone Edge

Sadly, Infernape isn't as great as he once was. However, that doesn't mean that he isn't still suitable for OU as he is still a strong pokemon that get's in a few sweeps here and there so I decided to give him a chance and he's been doing great. He's the Mixed Sweeper of my team that can take out various pokemon with this flexible moveset. STAB Overheat can take out pokemon such as Scizor that can pose as a threat. STAB Close Combat deals with various pokemon and just causes as much damage as possible to the opponent's pokemon. U-turn is to switch him out and still cause a bit of damage on the way. Stone Edge deals with Dragon types such as Dragonite that try to sweep.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EV's: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
~ Thunderbolt
~ Volt Switch
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power[Ice]

Being my all time favourite pokemon for as long as I can remember, Jolteon is always bound to have a place on my team. Being the Special Sweeper of the team, he can take out a whole lot of pokemon with a strong STAB Thunderbolt along with STAB Volt Switch which helps him switch out yet cause damage at the same time. I decided to change Signal Beam to Shadow Ball as I felt like I needed more coverage when it came Gengar and other pokemon in general and I just didn't feel like it was all that great a move. HP[Ice] deals with Dragon types that get in the way thinking they can take advantage of Jolteon's low defence stats.

Thanks to all the people that rate this and help me out!

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hi ShadowCaos667,your team looks very solid!
Now I suggest you any changes:For first Starmie is a very important pokemon of your team because your team is very weak to hazards(Stealth Rock can break the multiscale of Dragonite and the Spikes severely damage Infernape and Jolteon) then I suggest you to try Recover over Thunderbolt because without a recovery move Starmie is really frail
Dragonite,Haxorus and the Dragons in general can give problems to your team(Ferrothorn is your only hope to stop them and Jolteon can't ohko Dragonite with Multiscale.),Dragonite and Haxorus after a dance can destroy your team quickly with their big movepool.
You haven't a good and fast revengekiller then I suggest you Scarf Latios over Infernape because he can help you against Dragons,Rock Polish Special Landorus-I(an another big threat of your team) and a bit vs the Sunny Teams.
Last thing,Rock polish special Landorus-I is very problematic for your team,Latios helps you a bit but Landorus remains a big danger for your team.Try to insert Rotom-W over Jolteon with the SPDefensive set,it helps you vs Landorus and has a good sinergy with the other members of the team.

Latios Set

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Dragon Pulse

Rotom-W Set

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)