1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

What is Priority?

Discussion in 'Office of Strategic Influence' started by yiran, Nov 18, 2010.

1. yiran

yiran

Sorry, I don't know.

Thank you.

Sorry again if this is in the wrong place.
  2. RODANK

RODANK im a meat collector
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

like mach punch
  3. UncleSam

UncleSam

Are you referring to the prioritiy of night actions or priority as in "P1" for sign-ups?

If the latter, it is simply a reflection of how many games one is currently playing in. As in, P1=Priority 1=Currently in no games. Priority 2 means you are playing in one game, and so forth. Standard and Beginner games always give Priority 1 players preference over their Priority 2 counterparts. Also see the forum rules for an explanation.

If the former, it simply refers to which night actions are enacted first. So, if one night kill has higher priority than another night kill and the users of those actions kill each other, the one with higher priority will succeed. Similarly, if two roleblockers (roles which force their target to fail their action, also called hookers) target each other, only the one with higher priority will succeed.

Hope that helped. If you somehow meant something other than what I addressed, feel free to say so.
  4. Exarius

Exarius

I'm sorry if it offends anyone, but I find it highly amusing that he signs up for a big mafia, then asks what priority is...

(fyi, I assumed he meant p#-priority here)
  5. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

for some reason big mafias tend to attract more beginners than beginner mafias

js
  6. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

oh the ways of the world
  7. yiran

yiran

Yea I get it now thanks.

Well, I play mafia in real life so I'm not that newb at it. I also looked over the MetroidMafia and the postgame, so I got an idea of what mafia at smogon is like.
  8. coolking49

coolking49

just so you know, like 50% of mafia on smogon happens on the irc or through pms/spread sheets. The threads only tell half the story

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)