SM OU "what the frick" - carvanha offense (peaked 1703/76.1% gxe)

"WHAT THE FRICK" - CARVANHA OFFENSE (PEAKED 1703/76.1% GXE)

Untitled.png

Welcome to this thread dedicated to this abomanation of a "team". Not much more to say, let's get right into it.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS:

I wanted to build around water/dark spam seeing how great the typing is offensively and how it is no match for any other typing in the game period. It didn't really go according to plan (no really?), but no worries. The team still kicks gum and eats ass

landorus-therian.gif

BEAR GIF (Landorus-Therian) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock​

First up is Landorus-Therian (Alolan-form). This mon does nothing other than setting up rocks, getting a KO/doing a chunk to anything w eq/boom unless u get smashed by a ghost lol. Needless to say, rocks+momentum is super nice for this team which is why this is preferred over driller. In addition to that, sd'ing up vs stall t1 is usually the play since a +2 lando (+6 w burn) can still get up rocks p easily allowing the rest of ur mons to break the rest of ur opp's team w ease. You assert dominance right off the bat in addition to spooking ur opp with the next mon on the team.

carvanha.gif

KNIGHT IN ARMANI (Carvanha) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Protect​

This mon is the only reason why this team isn't unusable. The combination of taunt+protect+dbond allows u to nab surprise ko's on stuff that would otherwise 6-0 i.e. ferro, kyub, bulu, zap and the like. It also has the potential to 1v1 sg mage lol (by killing itself but who cares). This lets u win the mental game with much ease unless u misplay and taunt when u should have dbonded or dbonded when u should have taunted. This mon shall NOT be replaced under any circumstance. Oh and it has crunch as filler ig.

crawdaunt.gif

WALKING CANE (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

This mon is the most fearsome breaker the world has ever cast its eyes upon. Since this team needs all the help it can get with breaking stuff like ferro, having a mon that does huge damage to mons like mawile, ferro, zap, koko (jet does 50%+ lol) and doing 17% to kyub with jet lol is really nice for the team i.e. shark. Shark rly appreciates this mon as it softens up whatever the thing struggles w (the aforementioned mons). This is also that mon that will 6-0 stall for u so like make sure u only bring this in when u guaranteed wont take damage (LO recoil sux lol).

sharpedo-mega.gif

BROTHER IN ARMS (Sharpedo-Mega) (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

This mon is super reliant on having its checks weakened before it is able to do anything significant so like it sucks lol. But with crawdaunt, shark is slightly better and has the potential to do smth! Jokes aside, this mon cleans most of the time for the team, doing massive damage with strong jaw boosted crunch+psychic fangs. Ice fang to hit zygarde/lando (and for emergency flinches/freezes) This mon is also OK vs stall (at least mid ladder stall) and can continue where daunt left off should u suck enough to let it die which this team rly appreciates.

gyarados.gif

CLASS ACT (Gyarados) (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

wow, what a rip-off, this isnt a water/dark mon! Well, this is another way to win the mental game unless u are forced to reveal m shark early on. Without this mon, u get 6-0'd by fat grasses end of story (notice a trend?) and koko would be more free for ur opp so this mon is greatly appreciated. sssssssssssssssssss gyara is here to heavily dent balance builds and the like, softening stuff up for shark and letting u deal decent damage to zap, just in case.

greninja.gif

BOMBER IN PERIL (Greninja) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn​

to round off the mono-bad team that is "what the frick", we have scarf protean gren (another cheat) but like u need the speed control+the coverage protean offers so like lol who cares you're going to want to "win the mental game" :weary:. not much to say, just boring ass scarf gren with a bad moveset and ev spread to keep u from losing (or make u lose who knows lol).

CHECKS AND COUNTERS:

Too many to list. Just get ur plays right and apply offensive pressure to keep anything from beating u
also u lose to dim kal lol

REPLAYS:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-799168722 ideal mu asf but daunt does its job and gets dbond on ferro
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-799605420 never say gg early
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-803258672 carvanha did its thing again
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-803297434 not how i expected to hit 1700, but sure!

AFTERWORD:

Probably could go higher with how the ladder is but too lazy and promised RMT at 1700. Also wtf making an RMT takes forever

SPECIAL THANKS:

ShinyUnown for being a good room mod keep it up and thx for dealing w my bullshit fortnite dance ;)))

A for the hottest sets :o

Contact Light end urself tbh :)))

curiosity for being cute asf :heart_eyes:

EDIT: wutisudoin for being special

Moose 50 for being totally rad!!! XDDD

and lasercircus, how could i forget!!!

And the rest of the OU room for sucking

IMPORTABLE!

Fin.

Last edited:
i want to be the first douche (joking i want help out the team) to point how fairies have a party on your team . How so i prevent it? too many tapus and clefs.

Last edited:
i want to be the first douche (joking i want help out the team) to point how fairies have a party on your team . How so i prevent it? too many tapus and clefs.
You do it by heating the team up and play some heat by propellants obviously.

Congrats on the heat peak prop, and keep playing for fun :]

And ye making RMTs take forever

Last edited:
offensive pressure lol

You do it by heating the team up and play some heat by propellants obviously.

Congrats on the heat peak prop, and keep playing for fun :]

And ye making RMTs take forever
thanks for the kind words! indeed, making an rmt post "presentable" is quite time consuming haha

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Solid team man, also "What the Frick -carvanha offense" is arguably the best RMT title along with "Qwilfish's plan" and "OmariP-lmao the boar is so wild", couldnt help clicking it. Great picture too, I'm already a big fan of this team :]

Since I'm supposed to rate it (obv I'm posting here to do so, isn't that obvious that one wants to rate consistent and innovative OU teams?), what about using Focus sash greninja>Scarf gren? And also using sash drill>landorus? Dual sash with rocks, spikes and spin is a tried and true way of preparing a sweep for your many different types of sweeper, including a SD water-dark crab, a speed boosting water-dark shark, a speed-boosting water-dark What the frick is this fish? and a water-not-dark sea serpent. Having set up some spikes early game could be really beneficial to achieve KOs or force switches with our lord and savior carvanha, and using a scarfer in what is obviously a HO team is awkward since you aren't going to let anything set up with DD or QD.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Greninja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors :] Looking forward to seeing your next RMT !_!

Solid team man, also "What the Frick -carvanha offense" is arguably the best RMT title along with "Qwilfish's plan" and "OmariP-lmao the boar is so wild", couldnt help clicking it. Great picture too, I'm already a big fan of this team :]
AYE what an honor :blobuwu:

Since I'm supposed to rate it (obv I'm posting here to do so, isn't that obvious that one wants to rate consistent and innovative OU teams?), what about using Focus sash greninja>Scarf gren? And also using sash drill>landorus? Dual sash with rocks, spikes and spin is a tried and true way of preparing a sweep for your many different types of sweeper, including a SD water-dark crab, a speed boosting water-dark shark, a speed-boosting water-dark What the frick is this fish? and a water-not-dark sea serpent. Having set up some spikes early game could be really beneficial to achieve KOs or force switches with our lord and savior carvanha, and using a scarfer in what is obviously a HO team is awkward since you aren't going to let anything set up with DD or QD.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Greninja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate this haha
I'll def make these changes, scarf gren was pretty awkward to be quite frank xd

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors :] Looking forward to seeing your next RMT !_!
Thank you, again! Looking forward to making my next RMT - Hopefully it'll be more absurd than this one! (in a good way ofc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)