What would you do with a time machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I time machine's a great thing to have. I personally have invented one somewhere in the future, but since it's a time machine, I can say that I have already invented one. I've blogged about it on my blog and I thought it's an interesting conversational topic. It also depends on what sort of time travel you believe in, whether it's "plastic time" or alternate timelines or whatever, so Wikipedia should help you out on this one. It's an interesting read.

Serious posts only please. Trolling doesn't belong here and it'll only make you look like a douche.

I would try to change things about my life, but then wouldn't I enter a paradox where by changing my life I have no purpose for going back in the past and therefore I never go back, but since I didn't go back it wouldn't have changed etc.

Anywho, if I could go back in time without those nonsense headache-inducing consequences, I would go back to when I was 17. I was a fool when I was 17 and I dated a 28 year old heroin addict who ruined my life. I spent three years of my life thinking that he could stop using and that I could help him change, until I finally realized one day that he wouldn't stop ever even and that it was time to leave him.

On a lighter note, I'd also go back a million or so years, kill a big ol' skeeto, come back and see what was different.

Go 1 second into the future, go with my future self to my girlfriend's house and have a threesome.

Then do the same again but with 2 of her.

Other than that I'd probably go back and see how my life would be different if I didn't get into my current relationship, see how things go. If it works out shit I'll go back and make sure I have the relationship hahah.

I'd love to go back and see stuff, but the future doesn't really interest me. It'd just highlight how insignificant you are in the grand scheme of things, I'd end up suicidal :( hahah.

I time machine's a great thing to have. I personally have invented one somewhere in the future, but since it's a time machine, I can say that I have already invented one. I've blogged about it on my blog and I thought it's an interesting conversational topic. It also depends on what sort of time travel you believe in, whether it's "plastic time" or alternate timelines or whatever, so Wikipedia should help you out on this one. It's an interesting read.

Serious posts only please. Trolling doesn't belong here and it'll only make you look like a douche.
Because you have invented a time machine, and can go back in time to tell yourself about it, we are limited to the time machine only taking you to a different timeline/reality or to time not needing to be consistent.
I would try to change things about my life, but then wouldn't I enter a paradox where by changing my life I have no purpose for going back in the past and therefore I never go back, but since I didn't go back it wouldn't have changed etc.
Not if you made it seem to you like the events you wanted to change really happened, but didn't. Or if you go to different timelines, it is irrelevant
Anywho, if I could go back in time without those nonsense headache-inducing consequences, I would go back to when I was 17. I was a fool when I was 17 and I dated a 28 year old heroin addict who ruined my life. I spent three years of my life thinking that he could stop using and that I could help him change, until I finally realized one day that he wouldn't stop ever even and that it was time to leave him.

On a lighter note, I'd also go back a million or so years, kill a big ol' skeeto, come back and see what was different.
LOL.

Anyway, I would go back and observe various aspects of the past to better know what happened in certain events (I'd decide later). I'd also go to the future and see what happens there, what awesome technology we will have.

I personally wouldnt use it yet. I would keep it and fuck around a bit, and if anything goes bad, I would go back in time and do something else stupid instead, etc, so I can have all the fun I want with life. It would make relationships alot easier. Ask a girl out, and if she says no, just go back in time and save yourself the embarrassment. Same with betting and playing sports (hmm, how will they play defense, oh they're playing a 2-3 huh? great, plan around that).

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Take an advanced piece of technology from this decade into the past (doesn't have to be that far into the past, maybe 10 or 20 years) and find a way to take credit and profit off of it.

Take a ipod touch 4gen. to 1990 make a buttload of money and take all the credit then sell it to apple.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
also i'm calling this one early: everyone is just going to post "make loads of money" or "undo the mistakes of the past" or some other same thing over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)