What's your favorite luxury sports coupe?

So, i'm getting a big insureance settlement and looking for a nice luxury sports coupe. I have considered the G35 and C300. I also would LOVE to have a Z4 or even a 3 (maybe even the new 1) series coupe, but BMW repair costs are ungodly. My dream would be for the CTS coupe concept to be released, but are there any others i'm overlooking?

Price range pretty much celings at 40K, so as much as i want an SLK it's out of the question.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah. Go for something classic.

Cavaliers are definitely not "luxury" cars..
But they're still sexy.

I wouldn't mind the new Dodge Challenger, and I've taken a liking to the G8 as well. The snobby "luxury" brands (BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Cadillac) really don't appeal to me much.

Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. I've loved that thing so much ever since that old game Test Drive came out for the PSone.

Guys, I really don't think he's going to find any Ferraris or Aston Martins for under 40 grand.

I would recommend you take a closer look at the G35. I've never driven one myself, but everything I have ever read has given them rave reviews. They're basically a 350Z, but with a little more luxury.

I love my Honda S2000 and I would have recommended that, but you threw in the whole "luxury" part, and you can't really classify it in that way.

I think you are on the right track with all the ones you mentioned. I would try to find a used Z4 for your price range if I were you.

SLK's are godly. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm impressed with the new G37. Most mags tend to give the 3 series higher marks due to overall completeness and more luxuriousness. It is at the upper end of the price range though.

Hyundai's new Genesis coupe might be worth a look at. The 135i is about as fast as you'll get for 40k. You should just fuck luxury and go with this:

Costs a little under 40k, and cough up a couple thousand for a set of 18x9.5 Enkei RPF1's with some 265/35 Falken RT615 rubber (roll the fenders). Get an ECU reflash from Vishnu or a similar company, throw in an intake+exhaust system, Perrin intercooler, and you're ready to embarass any ricer on the street.

It's not that comfortable, but it is wicked fast and completely worth your money.

you're ready to embarass any ricer on the street.
DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!

Seriously, i'm already getting this to embarass ricers/guys w/ mustangs/etc.:

http://www.edmunds.com/media/il/features/general/aerial.atom/ariel.atom.lead.340.jpg

In essence, it's a go-kart with a super charged 2.0 litre engine from a type-R civic. Per ton, there is 600 bhp. Can you say 0-60 in 2.9 seconds?

The luxury car is going to just be for business and takeing out/impressing hot upper class chicks. I will only be driveing it maybe three times a month, so i am not worried about MPG (as long as it's above 18). Otherwise, i'll be either on my R6 or vulcan 1500.

Here's a couple more i added to the list:

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/po...pe=used&model=cayman&make=porsche&distance=50

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/po...gtype=used&model=911&make=porsche&distance=50

I like the body on the turbo better though. Does anyone know the difference b/t trim levels on the 911? There's turbo, carrera, and cabriolet i think.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/

There's the current lineup and the differences between them all, but I'm sure things have changed since 1999. Should still give you a good idea though.

The 911 Turbo is definitely faster than the Cayman, but every review I have ever read loved the Cayman when it came out. The general consensus was that Porsche deliberately tuned the Cayman down so that it wouldn't outperform the 911 Carrera, but that it still comes very close.

Sorry to dissappoint you, but the Aerial Atom is like 60 Grand. And I think you mean a supercharged Ecotec- Civic engines are high compression and do not respond well to anything but Vortech superchargers unless you are willing to do some internal engine work. A Hayabusa does this better for less- if you like driving motorcycles.

In a nutshell, Carrera refers to the standard 911. The H6 is tuned to about 350 Hp in the current generation. Turbo models make about 420 (997's make 480) Hp. In terms of trim, the Carrera has the softest sprung suspension and Continental tires allow for a quieter ride. Also, there is more sound deadening. In the Cabriolet, you can expect much more noise, even with the top up. To contend with the extra weight, the suspension is stiffened. With the Turbo, you can expect an even stiffer suspension and more tire noise, but still a decent amount of deadening. All levels should offer stuff like maybe nav systems, heated seats if you're into that. But Porsches are definitely bent towards performance instead of luxury.

I think you're best off with the Cayman. Porsches don't have reliability issues most of the time, but overall the Cayman is a smoother, less bulbous design. It's my favorite, but by no means is the other 911 bad.

Sorry to dissappoint you, but the Aerial Atom is like 60 Grand. And I think you mean a supercharged Ecotec- Civic engines are high compression and do not respond well to anything but Vortech superchargers unless you are willing to do some internal engine work. A Hayabusa does this better for less- if you like driving motorcycles.
The Atom is not 60 grand!!! Go to youtube and search ''Top gear atom.'' It's 20,000 pounds. Unless 20,000 pounds = 60,000 dollars (Holy shit if yes). I mean, i know the dollar is weak now, but surely not THAT weak!!! (I hope). As far as the engine goes, the host just says it's lifted from a type-R civic, with a supercharger added. But as far as bikes im getting a Yamaha R6 and a Kawisaki Vulcan 1500 (crusier). I may get a Busa eventually, cause the rideing position is relaxed (like a cross b/t a sports bike and a crusier) and suspention is mucho adjustable. Also the customisation of them is a cool aspect as well.

Also, thanks for all the first rate info on the porsches. It seems that for about 40K i can get either a used entry level 911/cayman, or a fully loaded boxster, so i think im gonna get the boxter. I'll test drive them all first though, but thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)