What's your favorite movie???

With Christmas round the corner. You all might be thinking to have a good time with your family and friends. So let's see what are your favorite movies that you would like to see again this season.
There is a long list of the movies that I like, but the ones that I have mentioned are some of my favorites:
Cast Away
Gladiator
Ocean's Eleven
Rush Hour 2
The Ring Two
Lord of the Rings
I would like you to have your call on which ones are your favorite? Just drop the names of few movies that you liked the most.

Whack to the Future, which can be viewed entirely online for free (as can the entire trilogy). I haven't even seen Back to the Future, and frankly I don't care. I guess it's kind of weird that this is actually my favorite movie, it's pretty unprofessional and ridiculous but who cares, Kevin Zeeff (the really creepy dude in my most recent avatar, if anyone remembers that) is my hero.

As for "normal movies," Star Wars, Inglourious Basterds, Pirates of the Caribbean, pretty much any Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee movie, other boring stuff.

Blow
The Dark Knight
Borat
Gangs of New York
Across The Universe

Don't have a specific favorite but these are a few of my top picks

Why would you make a topic about "what's your favorite movie" and then not only make a huge list but encourage everyone else to as well? Christ.

Altmer, that is interesting, do you find The Green Mile rewatchable? Part of the reason I could not bring myself to save it and think of it more highly is the only part I felt I could rewatch and enjoy was Michael Clarke Duncan's excellent acting. The rest of it, especially the peevish jerk guard, I felt would be really bland to rewatch.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Either people start writing why or I'm closing this for being yet another list thread where people increase their post count without actually discussing anything.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why would you make a topic about "what's your favorite movie" and then not only make a huge list but encourage everyone else to as well? Christ.

Altmer, that is interesting, do you find The Green Mile rewatchable? Part of the reason I could not bring myself to save it and think of it more highly is the only part I felt I could rewatch and enjoy was Michael Clarke Duncan's excellent acting. The rest of it, especially the peevish jerk guard, I felt would be really bland to rewatch.
No, I still have to watch it, but my girlfriend wants me to watch it and apparently she's seen it already.

I don't like rewatching any movies that aren't lord of the rings

WARNING I AM AN ARTFAG

top 5 in no particular order

the rules of attraction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7POJjKRzTh8

brilliant film, and this scene is just astounding. one of my favourite books of all time too! takes place at a liberal arts college and some weird, post-narrative shit goes down. acting is great, curiously enjoyable blend of comedy and heartbreaking romantic tragedy, and a pervading sense of 'what the fuck is going on' make this film just excellent.

i know, i know, 'smart, sexy, funny and provocative' are not exactly adjectives used to describe groundbreaking movies, but seriously, trust me on this. (the old pic i had described it in those adjectives ok)

tekkonkinkreet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gWxUVcXyPA

truly remarkable anime. i don't watch anime regularly but this film is just wondrous. the animation is splendid and the story is very interesting. read the manga too!!

mysterious skin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHgTn9tTxktrailer

trailer doesn't do it justice, but seriously, watch this movie. it's one of the most emotional and heartbreaking pieces i've ever seen. it's about two teenagers, played by brady corbet and joseph gordon-levitt (who is, as always [except maybe in GI joe lol], an astounding actor) who, at a young age, were molested by their baseball coach. one becomes a reclusive asexual who believes he was abducted by aliens, one becomes a male prostitute.

it's really powerful, and a lot of scenes will make you really uncomfortable, but it has, in my opinion, the best ending of any film. watch it for joseph gordon-levitt in probably his best role.

the dreamers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU1brBVMBkMZmichael

pitt is just delightful in this artsy one about an american dude who moves to france in the 60s and falls in love with a brother and sister who are as much into cinema as he is. 1968 student riots, etc. really interesting love story, but it's got some creepy incestuous shit in it that isn't exactly anyone's cup of tea. acting is great, cinematography is definite some of the best i've seen. possibly my favourite shot of all time is this one of eva green wearing long black gloves, looking like the venus de milo

just amazing

funny games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec-70W_K77Uthis

this one stars brady corbet from mysterious skin and michael pitt from the dreamers! fucking excellent movie, sort of about the aestheticization of violence, sort of just ridiculous. it is actually a shot by shot remake of the director's earlier work, also titled funny games, released in austria (i think austria) in '97. shot by shot remakes are really interesting!

anyway, this movie is just crazy and honestly quite terrifying. it's got some very stressful moments!! ending is just perfect. definitely a contender for my favourite movie out of these five. ahhhhh i really want to rewatch this, just thinking about how well-done so many scenes are is making me crave. the scene with the eggs, the scene where naomi watts takes several minutes to get up, it's all so brilliant.

ALSO i know most of these were books first but i really hate comparing movies to their book counterparts cause it really detracts from the art form!

ALSO if i could do top 7 then kids and explicit ills would be in there!!

The Dreamers!! Some very interesting ideas explored there, especially with the way the relationships are developed, and some rather sick incestuous scenes but I wholeheartedly agree with the cinematography.

I've always had a place in my heart for Road to Perdition , The Shawshank Redemption and the Stanley Kubrick movies.

Although I always have trouble picking a "favorite" anything but I have thing with Requiem for a Dream. It has this crazy effect on me, any time I watch it I need to be alone for the rest of the day because I start to go crazy otherwise.

The original Alien (self-explanatory) and The Exorcist (God kicks ass and takes names). I didn't think The Lord of the Rings films did justice to the books (visually they did) due to some casting choices that didn't sit well with me. Elijah Wood as Frodo? Are you serious?!

The Day After Tomorrow. The first time I watched the movie was when there was a major snow storm here. So the film has a special place in my heart. It is also one of the only films that I've seen multiple times (I don't see films multiple times except under certain conditions).

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
seriously? this is one of my favorite book series and the movie completely screwed it up...

also one of my favorite movies would have to be schizopolis. it's has such a crazy story it leaves everyone saying "what the hell did i just watch?" but great filmwork and story.

The Fountain is probably my favorite movie. Hugh Jackman was outstanding and the the movie as a whole was very thought provoking and beautiful.

Also the soundtrack was orgasmic.

^
yup, Hugh in this movies is amazing, by far his best acting

mulholland dr
this is in my top 10, everybody should watch this movie at elast once

my top3:
-Godfather
-Shichinin no samurai
-Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

^
my top3:
-Godfather
-Shichinin no samurai
-Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo
Are you sure you do not want to throw Shawshank Redemption in there too? ^__^

Shutoku, why discuss a movie like Blind Side in a favorite movies topic just for being a good movie? The only way a movie like that could become someone's favorite movie is if they had only seen like 5 other movies and the rest were all bad. It is a generic fluff piece sports movie with Sandra Bullock involved prominently!

I'll have a little think about it

(Looks around room at Star Wars collection)

Mine might be Star Wars, but I'm not so sure.

In all fairness, I actually like either Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith or Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Both films are perfectly done and truly refelect what I like to see in a good Sci-Fi film.

There are some other films I like, but I can't recall them from the top of my head.

Semi Long list here

1. Fight Club
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Lucky number Slevin
4. The Usual Suspects
5. Donnie Darko
6. No Country For Old Men
7. Reservoir Dogs

Fight Club was a revelation for me, I saw it long after it had come out, and the first time I saw it I only watched around 20 minutes of it, but just from watching that 20 minutes I went out and bought it, watched it in full and was amazed. This also brought me to read all of Palahniuk's books, and for that Fight Club is my favorite movie.

Pulp Fiction
, I had never seen a Tarantino movie, and so when I saw this movie, I was amazed. To this day I still find the Bruce Willis scene where he is picking his weapon, and the scene where Marvin gets shot to be the most surprising and funny scenes in most movies.

Lucky Number Slevin
, Just a great movie.

The Usual Suspects, Greatest mindfuck ending in history.

Donnie Darko, First movie I have ever seen where practically have the information for the movie to be understood isn't even in the movie, and still enjoyed the movie.

No Country For Old Men, "What's the most you've ever lost in a coin toss?"

Reservoir Dogs, Saw this after I saw Pulp Fiction, I like Pulp Fiction better, but still this movie was amazing.

Step Brothers is my favorite movie. It's the only movie that I laughed throughout the whole thing. It may not be some people's kind of humor but it fits mine perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)