Whats your FIRST favorite pokemon?

I think mine was Voltorb. Not because I actually liked it, but because it was the easiest Pokemon to draw... ever.

I already posted, but hey. I also liked haunter the first time i saw him. Scizor was the total badass in my mind the whole way through GSC

Um.. lets see: VILEPLUME FTW!!! i caught a quirky oddish in the RU/SA days... it had giga drain, bullet seed, return, and sludge bomb...

sludge bomb is fun to OHKO foes(like breloom) and almost OHKOs infernape (any boosting item seals the deal)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was young and unoriginal, Mewtwo.

<33333333333333333333

Except not for young and unoriginality, but...he is just soo badass. And awesome. When I first saw the Japanese first movie and heard the radio drama, I was 'wow', and therefore remains the only part of the Pokemon anime I still like. And perhaps the only part of it with any depth. I also have the entire FR/LG manga. >_>

The dubs were depressing. I have yet to find the original Japanese Mewtwo special, apart from Kokowa Dokoda's translated script.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I also liked Regice. I used him in Sapphire. Before sapphire, I was never allowed to play pokemon, but I borrowed other people's games.
Not to be off topic but who wouldn't let their kid play pokemon? O.o

It's a game about exploring nature and being fascinated with the creatures around you-- making friends and sharing dreams and advantures. What's not to like? This takes a slot as a typical kid's show in Japan.

Well I guess some might be uppity over the whole making-animals-fight deal but considering that the World Beatle Martial Arts Championship (that's right folks, international beatle wrestling) takes place in Japan, it's obvious that it's not an issue in their culture. Beatle wrestling/training/rearing is a VERY common past time their for small boys-- it actually was a source of inspiration to the author of pokemon (who surprise, was also a beatle fanatic).

If anything, it passes as a much more interest kid's show than something like Barney . . . xD

Except not for young and unoriginality, but...he is just soo badass. And awesome. When I first saw the Japanese first movie and heard the radio drama, I was 'wow', and therefore remains the only part of the Pokemon anime I still like. And perhaps the only part of it with any depth. I also have the entire FR/LG manga. >_>

The dubs were depressing. I have yet to find the original Japanese Mewtwo special, apart from Kokowa Dokoda's translated script.
Seriously depressing. I managed to find Movies 4-6 in Japanese with Subtitles (<3), but if anyone could point me to a place where I could find *cough*pir@te*cough* 1-3 without dubs . . . boy would I be happy . . . the movies after 6 have too much computer animation . . . they're getting lazy. :P

Not to be off topic but who wouldn't let their kid play pokemon? O.o

It's a game about exploring nature and being fascinated with the creatures around you-- making friends and sharing dreams and advantures. What's not to like? This takes a slot as a typical kid's show in Japan.

Well I guess some might be uppity over the whole making-animals-fight deal but considering that the World Beatle Martial Arts Championship (that's right folks, international beatle wrestling) takes place in Japan, it's obvious that it's not an issue in their culture. Beatle wrestling/training/rearing is a VERY common past time their for small boys-- it actually was a source of inspiration to the author of pokemon (who surprise, was also a beatle fanatic).

If anything, it passes as a much more interest kid's show than something like Barney . . . xD

Seriously depressing. I managed to find Movies 4-6 in Japanese with Subtitles (<3), but if anyone could point me to a place where I could find *cough*pir@te*cough* 1-3 without dubs . . . boy would I be happy . . . the movies after 6 have too much computer animation . . . they're getting lazy. :P
parents don't like it because it's a distraction to a kid's study habit. @Chou I know of a place do you have MSN to chat?

Dewgong.

I didn't know how to get into Saffron City so I just swam to Cinnabar and beat Blaine and just trained my Dewgong to level 73. Then I figured out how to get into Saffron and the rest of Pokemon Yellow was a breeze.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The first? Do you mean, the VERY VERY first pokémon, first generation?

Articuno, then. When Gold/Silver came out, Meganium and Ho-oh became top-three to me, along with the icy bird.

However, when I got my Ruby... All of them were to Forgotville (wtf) when I saw Gardevoir. It still is my favorite pokémon <3 But Empoleon and Yanmega are close calls too; whoever in Game Freak made Empoleon was incredibly inspirated, while I started liking Yanmega when I noticed all my teams work well (to the point I'm somewhat dependant ._.) with her.

And shiny Gardevoir beats everyone's asses.

Mine was Ampharos, Tyranitar, and Raikou, Blissey...these were before I heard about competitive. Blissey owned me in battle tower w/ Thunder, Blizzard, Fire Blast, Softboiled...so gay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)