When in doubt, knock 'em out! (Peaked at ~200)

When in Doubt, Knock 'Em Out!

Importable:
Uxie @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Yawn
- Magic Coat
Gyarados (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
Heatran (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Electric]
Torterra (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Overgrow
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Taunt

Hi Smogon. This is my team. It peaked at like 200. Tell me how to make it better.

Team Building Process:

First, let me get this straight: Uxie is Ridiculous momentum-wise. It sets up Stealth Rocks, Yawn's the opposing poke, and then U-Turn's out to a counter for whatever they send in... or even better, U-Turn's out to Gyarados to start setting up when they get put to sleep. Gives me a HUGE boost at the beginning of the match and this team doesn't function as well without its utility.

Now I wanted a choiced offensive core, one that could tear apart the opposition, wearing down their walls/killing all their pokes so that there would be nothing to stop the all-mighty wrath of... the sweeper that has yet to be decided. I chose specstran and banddos as they offer good synergy, great offensive force, and some utility in both sun and rain with their respective stabs.

I then realized that I want to use DD Gyara rather than the banded moxie variant so I put in roserade as my second spec'd poke as she not only packed a punch but completed my f-w-g core that really helps when wearing down the opposition. Roserade also has utility with weather as weather ball is used as a filler, becoming a 150bp water, fire, or 100bp ice or rock move depending on the conditions.

I wanted another offensive member that had both the power and speed to function as a clean up sweeper or mini-revenge killer. And nothing fit the bill more than banded terrakion. Terrakion went between scarves and bands quite a few times but I felt that scarf didn't have the power that I needed so I stuck with band as it is perfectly capable of cleaning up once the latis and banded scizor are gone.

Finally, I was laddering on PO for a while and excadrill was running rampant so I decided to put in Gliscor as a physical wall. He was amazing. Besides Exca, he stops nearly every pokemon that could run through my team. It was amazing.

I found myself with a glaring weakness to water, mainly starmie, so I changed Specs Roserade to a SpDef variant. It felt awkward though so I got rid of her altogether and put in scarf torterra. He doesn't help with the starmie situation but he has proved quite valuable so far and looks uhmazing.[/FONT]

After making this and battling a bit, turns out hydreigon fixes my team... like everything that was wrong with it. Will ladder a bit more now but until then tell me what to change! :D

In Depth:

Uxie @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Yawn
- Magic Coat

My favorite lead currently, Uxie functions as one of the best momentum grabbers ever. First turn I can either SR if they pose no immediate threat (barely anything does) or yawn+turn. Magic Coat ties everything together, allowing Uxie to beat nearly any lead whether it be hazarding or attacking and often times serves as a momentum grabber itself when the opponent taunt itself because they have no clue what an Uxie even does. EVs are obvious: Max Speed to get those fast yawns and turns. Otherwise, Uxie simply acts as a lead and momentum grabber. It also stops MANY set up sweepers from killing me: tanking a hit or outspeeding and then yawning away. Uxie is staying and will most likely not change in any way.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Electric]

First of all, I wish the post editor had more colors and also a darker shade of yellow. But besides those drawbacks, Heatran is quite formidable, being one of the few pokes who can tank standard Dragonite and hit back hard. Heatran comes in whenever Uxie turns to it or can simply wall the opposing poke. Then, whatever comes in is nailed with a max SpAtt Spec'd Attack... it dents everything. Fire Blast for STAB. Earth Power for opposing Tran's and Rocks. Dragon Pulse for Dragons. Hidden Power Electric for all those Gyarados/Weakened bulky waters that have the nerve to switch into me.

Gyarados (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge

First of all, what color in the Smogon color palette is the color of a flying move? Second of all, DAYUMM Gyarados. You do your thing. Can come in multiple times, set up, switch out when threatened, and repeat. Lum absorbs any status and also lo recoil sucks. Waterfall for obvs stab. Bounce for coverage (wish there was a better flying move :/). DD lets it set up. Stone Edge for even more coverage!!! Can take out a suprising number of things... all things that kill the rest of my team. Can also be used as a utility with some tricky switching to lower intimidate a physical attacker a few times so that I can take it out (damn +3+3 Dnites thinking they are all that...), although I lose a few pokes in the process. Otherwise, intimidate gives it an even easier time setting up as it effectively cripples anything that would hope to damage Gyara. One of the only things on my team that can effectively stop starmie once it is at +2 and can outspeed. Banded scizor can give it problems if weakened but tran does a pretty good job with that, as does scor. Speaking of gliscor...

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Taunt

This thing can wall a lot of things. Nearly every fighting poke, scizor, etc. Stops set-ups and other misc stuff with taunt. Can scout choice users with protect. Can u-turn for utility and form a mini chain with uxie. And EQ deals damage... that's about it. Covers many things that my team would otherwise die to... but it doesn't help with the starmie weakness. Otherwise, scor is basically a wall/utility and he does it extremely well.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Only two more! Terrakion, as you all know, is a powerhouse; he can 2hko nearly the whole metagame. He functions as semi-revenger and wall breaker and helps to kill... just about everything. He is my go-to when gyara dies and does his job fantastically. Set is quite standard as his movepool isn't all that large. I am considering switching quick attack with earthquake or x-scizor for SOME form of priority on my team but idk...

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

In short: the best thing that ever happened to this team. Occurred to me after I wrote this and battled a bit and I am never looking back. Took care of all my problems. Set is basically standard, kills what needs to be killed. Love it.

Starmie and Gengar used to kill me... hydreigon takes care of both easily now.

**********I spent a lot of time on this so rate please! :D**********

What was Torterra:

Torterra (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Overgrow
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

I have used him in 3 battles so far and he helped me through every single one of them. He is just fast enough to get by and has so much power in his fantastic stab options that I just want to eat him. Not only that but I have this thing where my team has to have certain colors in it (Ie, I don't care if it's the best fricken team in the world, I am not using 3 red pokes and a purple and a blue unless you shove something green in there... and no shinies) and torterra fits that perfectly <3. And he looks amazing. He also has a suprise value to him since people are like, "What does torterra do? #switch to ice poke," and then Bam! Torterra gets KO'd and I can switch to a revenge killer! Jk, he kills them. Anyways... yeah. That's torterra.

This team seems pretty solid, but after Gliscor is gone, Jolly SD Terrakkion can kind of Sweep the rest of your team. It has Stone Edge for Gyarados, EQ for your own Terakkion & Heatran, CC for Hydreigon and X-Scissors for Uxie, and hell, after a SD it can even 2 Hit K.O Gliscor with Stone Edge as well, it could be troublesome, ever consider a CB Scizor?

Yo lil man, great team you got there.

I will deal with each Pokemon in order to make it easier ya:-

Uxie is a great lead and I have used it once before with a simlilar set, it just kicks ass and catches almost everyone by surprise.

Heatran should perhaps run Expert Belt over Choice Specs for two reasons:-

1)You bluff that you are choiced in some way since you will still be dealing great damage especially on Super Effective attacks and that can sometimes be used to your advantage as people might send in their Heatran while you are 'locked' into HP Electric.
2)You get the freedom to change moves and not get set upon.

Gliscor: Whilst U-turn is pretty decent for scouting and such, you lose your ability to deal with DD Nite especially after you have Rocks down as you can beat them 1v1 as well as the ability to take on other weakened Dragons and Gliscor.

Try Earthquake | Protect | Ice Fang | Taunt

Also change its EVs so it outspeeds Max Speed baittars (make it Jolly nature since you can put more into its defense that way rather than Impish)

If you feel that opposing Terakion's give you a hard time lategame switch yours to Choice Scarf variant to outspeed and OHKO them as most SD variants look threatening considering it is very unlikely that Hydregion will be alive till the end of the match and even then Focus Blast isn't killing Terakion if SS is activated.

Also change its EVs so it outspeeds Max Speed baittars (make it Jolly nature since you can put more into its defense that way rather than Impish)
Actually it's a lot more efficient to make him Impish, because his Def stat is much higher than his speed stat, so Impish gives much more of a boost than Jolly would. This frees up a lot more ev's to put in to speed.

The only reason to go Jolly on Gliscor is if you need max speed. Otherwise Impish > Jolly.

Sup, to start off with, I think you should change Terrakion to Jolly so that it outspeeds non-Scarf Landorus, Volcarona before a Quiver Dance and at least ties with other Terrakion, Virizion and Infernape. With a CB, Terrakion is hitting everythign hard with its STAB moves, regardless if it's Adamant or not, and changing to Jolly could win you a game at a key moment. My other suggestion is to change HP:Electric to HP:Grass on Heatran. HP: Electric is only for Gyarados who is uncommon really, while HP:Grass still hits Water types, but nails Gastrodon and Rotom-W too, the latter of which is very popular in OU.

I noticed you're really weak to a simple Rain team, as you lack anything to take a strong Water move from SpecsToed, LO Starmie etc. A popular Tornadus+Dugtrio combo could also prove troublesome. My suggestion is to use a Specially Bulky Rotom-W in place of Gyarados, who I currently feel isn't doing much. This provides an answer to Tornadus, as well being able to tank strong Water moves from Politoed and Starmie, although I'd be cautious of a HP: Grass from SpecsToed.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Good luck with your team.

Yo lil man, great team you got there.

I will deal with each Pokemon in order to make it easier ya:-

Uxie is a great lead and I have used it once before with a simlilar set, it just kicks ass and catches almost everyone by surprise.

Heatran should perhaps run Expert Belt over Choice Specs for two reasons:-

1)You bluff that you are choiced in some way since you will still be dealing great damage especially on Super Effective attacks and that can sometimes be used to your advantage as people might send in their Heatran while you are 'locked' into HP Electric.
2)You get the freedom to change moves and not get set upon.

Gliscor: Whilst U-turn is pretty decent for scouting and such, you lose your ability to deal with DD Nite especially after you have Rocks down as you can beat them 1v1 as well as the ability to take on other weakened Dragons and Gliscor.

Try Earthquake | Protect | Ice Fang | Taunt

If you feel that opposing Terakion's give you a hard time lategame switch yours to Choice Scarf variant to outspeed and OHKO them as most SD variants look threatening considering it is very unlikely that Hydregion will be alive till the end of the match and even then Focus Blast isn't killing Terakion if SS is activated.
willl test scor and tran :) Ty for the rate

Sup, to start off with, I think you should change Terrakion to Jolly so that it outspeeds non-Scarf Landorus, Volcarona before a Quiver Dance and at least ties with other Terrakion, Virizion and Infernape. With a CB, Terrakion is hitting everythign hard with its STAB moves, regardless if it's Adamant or not, and changing to Jolly could win you a game at a key moment. My other suggestion is to change HP:Electric to HP:Grass on Heatran. HP: Electric is only for Gyarados who is uncommon really, while HP:Grass still hits Water types, but nails Gastrodon and Rotom-W too, the latter of which is very popular in OU.

I noticed you're really weak to a simple Rain team, as you lack anything to take a strong Water move from SpecsToed, LO Starmie etc. A popular Tornadus+Dugtrio combo could also prove troublesome. My suggestion is to use a Specially Bulky Rotom-W in place of Gyarados, who I currently feel isn't doing much. This provides an answer to Tornadus, as well being able to tank strong Water moves from Politoed and Starmie, although I'd be cautious of a HP: Grass from SpecsToed.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Good luck with your team.
Will change terra and the only thing I have against putting in rotom-w in place of gyara is that then I lack a set-up sweeper: something to abuse uxie's momentum :/

If you're looking for a set-up sweeper, then I'd suggest Dragonite over Gyarados honestly. Gyarados has a lot of problems with Ferrothorn and Rotom-W, which are commonly seen together. Dragonite is generally agreed to be the most threatening set-up sweeper, and you have Magic Coat Uxie to at least provide a way to stop SR from getting set up, as to preserve Multiscale.

As I don't wanna change the team around too much, I suggest changing Terrakion to a Scarf set to do Hydregion's job to an extent, and putting DD Lum Dragonite over Hydregion. You have Rotom for Starmie now, and Gengar won't KO you due to Multiscale, and because Dragonite is naturally bulky even if Multiscale is broken.

If you're looking for a set-up sweeper, then I'd suggest Dragonite over Gyarados honestly. Gyarados has a lot of problems with Ferrothorn and Rotom-W, which are commonly seen together. Dragonite is generally agreed to be the most threatening set-up sweeper, and you have Magic Coat Uxie to at least provide a way to stop SR from getting set up, as to preserve Multiscale.

As I don't wanna change the team around too much, I suggest changing Terrakion to a Scarf set to do Hydregion's job to an extent, and putting DD Lum Dragonite over Hydregion. You have Rotom for Starmie now, and Gengar won't KO you due to Multiscale, and because Dragonite is naturally bulky even if Multiscale is broken.
That sounds good, :) I will certainly try it out

--------------------

So Dragonite+rotom didn't work too well as they drew too much away from the purpose of the team. I did replace uxie with ferro to help with rain and as a special wall in general and expert belted tran. I am trying haxorus over hydreigon currently and it is working decently, able to revenge gengar even through subs.

----------------------

Okay, got rid of haxorus cuz scarf everything is incredibly weak :/

Put in scarf rotom-w as it can revenge until otherwise noted and then trick away and as nachos said, it checks lots of things my team can't handle. It also makes a voltturn core with scor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)