ORAS OU When in doubt, Switch n' turn right the fuck out

Your favorite street wear

• Total voters
Yo. I've been theory crafting a whole bunch, My first initial team was some core with 3 regenerators, namely Slowbro,Amoonguss, and Tornadus-T, along with every other pokemon without regenerator having either U-turn or Volt Switch, leading to a good loop of hp and momentum. The problem I had with the team was, It was too slow, and no Turn/switch on either slowbro or amoonguss made the team lose all momentum once I switched to them. So I kept my original core of Mega-Man, and Tornadus-T, really good Volt-Turners with good synergy and built around that. So here's my team!

THE TEAM :

Rick Owens (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Ah, Rick Owens, master deceiver, makes something so simple, but prices it through the roof; why? Because the quality is amazing and nobody ever notices. Just like R.O. Tornadus is expected to be on Rain teams to abuse his STAB 100% Acc Hurricane with his amazing speed, just about denting everything that isn't completely SpDef dedicated and resists it. I usually lead with this guy because of his speed, If I sense that they may be throwing out a hazard, I U-turn into Xatu bouncing back the hazard and giving out a nice Twave. If that's not the case, I will use Knock off on about anything, even if it resist it, just to get off those pesky leftovers/Choice items/Berrys that are so common. Hurricane is to OHKO Keldeo, Heatwave for Bisharps and others. EV spread lets me live Keldeo Icy wind and outspeed it to OHKO with Hurricane. Also, Tornadus-T can tank a fair amount of special moves.

Hood By Air (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature

Bold Nature
- Baton Pass ( to help with bisharp pursuit trapping )
- Stealth Rock ( because I didn't have SR )
- Recover
- Psychic

Changed EV's from Def to SpDef.
Ah, Hood By Air. Just like the actual HBA now, people resent you because somebody deemed you bad, but you are still very swag and good! Celebi serves as my answer to pretty much any psychical sweeper living almost any unboosted super effective attack and barely taking a dent from other misc attacks. Although Celebi's stats may look very defensive, It serves as my answer to things like Landorus, but I also use it for MVenasaur, a Psychic doing a hefty amount to most of them, and other poison types that are common such as Gengar, and Tentacruel. U-turn, Recover, Psychic being the obvious moves, I was stuck with one last slot. I chose Healing wish over a grass move/ SR because boosting things like Scizor,Mega Man, and rotom back to full hp were pretty vital, as none of them have a recovery move.

Bape (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 20 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp (changed the spread to take talonflame better, because its needed)
- Pain Split

Changed EVs from SpDef to Def
Bape, the godfather of street wear. Exactly like Bape, Rotom's were the godfathers of Volt-Turn teams, making it on almost every team. Unlike the old Volt-Turn rotoms, I have my EVS set so I can have a safe slow volt switch, while living most SpAttacks. Standard rotom set honestly. I just chose protect over any other HP move or painsplit just for Burn stall/Leftovers and to scout mostly. Great synergy with Mega Man due to levitate, and also being able to cripple Landos and other physical attackers with burn.

Supreme (Manectric) (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Supreme, just recently getting recognized even though it was always the same as it is today. Applys somewhat to Mega Man, kind of. The star of the team, amazing speed tier, and being able to OHKO or severely dent a lot of things. One common thing when I bring this thing out on, is the switch to steel types, mainly ferrothorn and heatran,tanking the initial thunderbolt on switch in, on ferrthorns overheat is a guaranteed OHKO, and on heatran, volt switch into Rotom. A thunderbolt/ and then volt switch combo does around 40-48% to heatrans. HP Ice for dragons mainly. Pretty much amazing pivot and lategame sweeper. If the enemy team has nothing to absorb electric moves ( ie; volt absorb or ground types ) I can easily late game sweep with this guy.This guy even absorbs electric moves that people try to throw at Tornadus or Xatu, and I return with 1.5x the firepower...er electric power..?

A.P.C. (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost ( changed Set and spread to have a hazard control pokemon)
- U-turn
- Defog
- Bullet Punch

Changed from Choice Bander to a defensive hazard control that can still ohko things like Mdiance with 64atk.

So, I have nothing cool to say about A.P.C., it's just cool. Fuck you for expecting something. I originally had Coballion in this spot, but i took him out due to his EQ weakness, and his neutrality to fairy types, which is kinda why I wanted a steel U-turner/Volt-switcher. Pretty much classic set, a slow and safe STAB banded U-turn, a powerful STAB banded technician Bullet punch to ohko many annoying fairys, pursuit for lati@s and brick break for other things, mainly bisharp and ttar. I love this set.

Pyrex (Xatu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 244 HP / 60 Def / 52 SpA / 152
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Roost/Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- U-turn/Filler

Changed EVs to better take on Bisharp and added HP fighting to OHKO bisharp, 152 speed lets you outspeed jolly bisharp.

Pyrex, outdated and retired, but still very cool and rare to see. My answer to Sableyes, hazard setters I havent already killed, and fighting types. I almost always pivot into Xatu move 2 because of people always atempting to hazard up, if not I give out a nice Twave and say bye with a U-turn. I love switching into sableye first turn with this, bounce back the burn/toxic/taunt and say bye with U-turn. Xatu was added when I encountered hazard problems and status problems with this team, ever since xatu was added I never had to worry about hazards or even sweepers thanks to Twave crippling everything so that Mega Man can proceed to anal the enemy team.

THREAT LIST:

BISHARP CAN FUCK MY TEAM HARD

Please Rate, thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed the team!

Last edited:
This does nothing to improve your team, but Bisharp fucks everyone's team hard.
He is the pimp of Pokemon.
But he is a dark steel, so perhaps you can form a counter Pokemon?
A Fighting type would be great I think.

(I am not to great at Pokemon moveset or EV's wise, but just looking at the types, it could be something to look into considering dark and steel have a weakness to fighting types).

This does nothing to improve your team, but Bisharp fucks everyone's team hard.
He is the pimp of Pokemon.
But he is a dark steel, so perhaps you can form a counter Pokemon?
A Fighting type would be great I think.

(I am not to great at Pokemon moveset or EV's wise, but just looking at the types, it could be something to look into considering dark and steel have a weakness to fighting types).
I have Brick break on scizor for bisharp, but without scizor, bisharp anals my team. or almost every ORAS team.

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I like your team's idea of Baton Passing into a Xatu but I have a few set recommendations. First of all on Celebi Baton Pass > U-Turn to avoid Pursuit (helping you against Bisharp, TTar, etc)
On Rotom-W a physically defensive variant is usually preferred as it is able to help your team out and check a lot of threatening mons in the metagame.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
As your team is somewhat weak to Bisharp you could also try 128 speed evs to outspeed adamant bish

On Scizor try Superpower > Brick Break. Power is everything and Superpower has a lot more power than Brick Break. This should be reasonably self explanatory.

Now Xatu. You mentioned that it's an answer to Sableyes. I disagree, Mega Sableye can freely CM/Knock Off vs Xatu and all you can do back is U-Turn. As you're so weak to Bisharp and Xatu somewhat lures it I'm gonna recommend something a little unusual. HP Fighting on Xatu. 148 speed lets you beat Jolly Bisharp and if you run HP Fighting then I recommend 52 SpA Modest to be able to OHKO Bisharp with HP Fighting. Optionally you could max out SpA to be able to 2hko mons like (uninvested) TTar like Scarftar etc. So it would look a little like this
Xatu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 52 SpA / 148 Spe (Or max SpA)
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Psyshock
- U-turn/Filler
This set makes Xatu a little more offensive but i feel it has a little more gain because of the bish lure.

Edit: 52 SpA evs has a 75% chance to ohko from 100% but this is a really nice chance as it is and more than likely bish is gonna be weakened from u-turns, hazards, etc

Hey man, nice volt turn team that you have got there but needs some tweaks those tweaks are for 3.
So the problem is Mega Sableye and Bisharp can wreck your team, so you do i sugest to you ?
First of all, you should use 252/16Def/240Sdef spread for Celebi to take on Keldeo even better and some other stuff, and add Stealth Rock to celebi and take out Healing Wish because seems that you dont have a Rocker
Second of all you Scizor needs to be defensive Defog Roost BP and U-Turn is the best set with a 252HP/64Atk/192Def Bold, the 64Akt is to HOKO Mega Diancies with Bullet punch, and beats some Physical Sweepers and it will wall Bisharp if you dont defog on him.
That will make your Xatu useless, it will make you even more mega Sableye food, and no Xatu is not a Mega Sableye answer. i Would change it for Clefable that will make you not Mega Sableye food Clef's spread should be 252HP/196Def/96Spdef to take on Thudurus better, and clefable will give you a win condition.
I hope that i helped you with my rate and if you find any more threats just tell me and i will help you, if you want.
I will be leaving the inportable after the changes to be more easy for you.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Focus Blast (i changed Knock of for Focus Blast because you wore runing Timid, so Knock off will do nothing.
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock ( i changed Celebi spread to take keldeo even better, and added rocks because u didnt had one)
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp (changed the spread to take talonflame better, because its needed)
- Pain Split

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Bullet Punch

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
(clefable is the Mega Sableye answer and Thundurus answer).
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

I hopefully helped you with my rate!

Hey, I like your team's idea of Baton Passing into a Xatu but I have a few set recommendations. First of all on Celebi Baton Pass > U-Turn to avoid Pursuit (helping you against Bisharp, TTar, etc)
On Rotom-W a physically defensive variant is usually preferred as it is able to help your team out and check a lot of threatening mons in the metagame.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
As your team is somewhat weak to Bisharp you could also try 128 speed evs to outspeed adamant bish

On Scizor try Superpower > Brick Break. Power is everything and Superpower has a lot more power than Brick Break. This should be reasonably self explanatory.

Now Xatu. You mentioned that it's an answer to Sableyes. I disagree, Mega Sableye can freely CM/Knock Off vs Xatu and all you can do back is U-Turn. As you're so weak to Bisharp and Xatu somewhat lures it I'm gonna recommend something a little unusual. HP Fighting on Xatu. 148 speed lets you beat Jolly Bisharp and if you run HP Fighting then I recommend 52 SpA Modest to be able to OHKO Bisharp with HP Fighting. Optionally you could max out SpA to be able to 2hko mons like (uninvested) TTar like Scarftar etc. So it would look a little like this
Xatu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 52 SpA / 148 Spe (Or max SpA)
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Psyshock
- U-turn/Filler
This set makes Xatu a little more offensive but i feel it has a little more gain because of the bish lure.

Edit: 52 SpA evs has a 75% chance to ohko from 100% but this is a really nice chance as it is and more than likely bish is gonna be weakened from u-turns, hazards, etc
Thanks, I gave celebi Baton pass, gave Xatu HP fighting and fixed the EV's.

You'll actually have to use 152 speed EVs to compensate for the speed IV drop from HP Fighting.
fixed. thanks!

Hey man, nice volt turn team that you have got there but needs some tweaks those tweaks are for 3.
So the problem is Mega Sableye and Bisharp can wreck your team, so you do i sugest to you ?
First of all, you should use 252/16Def/240Sdef spread for Celebi to take on Keldeo even better and some other stuff, and add Stealth Rock to celebi and take out Healing Wish because seems that you dont have a Rocker
Second of all you Scizor needs to be defensive Defog Roost BP and U-Turn is the best set with a 252HP/64Atk/192Def Bold, the 64Akt is to HOKO Mega Diancies with Bullet punch, and beats some Physical Sweepers and it will wall Bisharp if you dont defog on him.
That will make your Xatu useless, it will make you even more mega Sableye food, and no Xatu is not a Mega Sableye answer. i Would change it for Clefable that will make you not Mega Sableye food Clef's spread should be 252HP/196Def/96Spdef to take on Thudurus better, and clefable will give you a win condition.
I hope that i helped you with my rate and if you find any more threats just tell me and i will help you, if you want.
I will be leaving the inportable after the changes to be more easy for you.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Focus Blast (i changed Knock of for Focus Blast because you wore runing Timid, so Knock off will do nothing.
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock ( i changed Celebi spread to take keldeo even better, and added rocks because u didnt had one)
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Bullet Punch

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
(clefable is the Mega Sableye answer and Thundurus answer).
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

I hopefully helped you with my rate!
I took in mind your scizor changes, and added them, as for Xatu; I kinda want him in over clefable due to magic bounce.
Celebi changes were added, I kept knock off on Tornadus-T because Knock off can kill the latis, or heavily chunk, and then kill after with a u-turn. Also I took in the rotom-w changes.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
not a bad team Mr Bathing Ape

i agree with criticisms that DD Charizard-X can pose a big threat to your team after a Dragon Dance, since it can outspeed and heavily damage/KO the majority of your team, with none of its members being able to hit ZardX hard enough in return. I think you may need to opt for the classic Scarf Landorus-T in order to have an answer to Charizard-X. Scarf Landorus-T offers a ton of support both offensively and defensively to teams like yours, taking on and revenge killing a large portion of the metagame, as well as helping take a hit if needed thanks to its bulk. I would honestly replace Xatu with the Land-T; Xatu really doesn't offer a ton to your team outside of hazard control and it doesn't really beat Mega Sableye as you've said; the Calm Mind variant of M-Sableye sets up all over it and can go on a tear vs your team afterwards. I've got a solution for that though. I think you should try and replace Mega Manectric with Mega Diancie. Mega Diancie has fantastic offensive presence, retains magic bounce for your team, and beats M-Sableye easily. Mega Manec has a bit of defensive overlap with Rotom-W and Landorus-T/Tornadus-T can revenge kill most of the things that Mega Manectric would, whereas Mega Diancie can offer a lot to your team that it previously lacked in terms of typing, offensive presence, even defensive presence to a degree since your squad struggles to switch into Mega-Charizard-Y. Finally I'd remove Defog on Scizor for a fighting move to help take on Bisharp better [although I guess Diancie helps to an extent in RKing it]. Hazards are going to hurt but stopping to defog kind of kills your offensive pressure, while you do have Magic Bounce to deter setting hazards to an extent.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Hidden Power Fire

How do you dela with mega charizard Y?
you thunderbolt it.
not a bad team Mr Bathing Ape

i agree with criticisms that DD Charizard-X can pose a big threat to your team after a Dragon Dance, since it can outspeed and heavily damage/KO the majority of your team, with none of its members being able to hit ZardX hard enough in return. I think you may need to opt for the classic Scarf Landorus-T in order to have an answer to Charizard-X. Scarf Landorus-T offers a ton of support both offensively and defensively to teams like yours, taking on and revenge killing a large portion of the metagame, as well as helping take a hit if needed thanks to its bulk. I would honestly replace Xatu with the Land-T; Xatu really doesn't offer a ton to your team outside of hazard control and it doesn't really beat Mega Sableye as you've said; the Calm Mind variant of M-Sableye sets up all over it and can go on a tear vs your team afterwards. I've got a solution for that though. I think you should try and replace Mega Manectric with Mega Diancie. Mega Diancie has fantastic offensive presence, retains magic bounce for your team, and beats M-Sableye easily. Mega Manec has a bit of defensive overlap with Rotom-W and Landorus-T/Tornadus-T can revenge kill most of the things that Mega Manectric would, whereas Mega Diancie can offer a lot to your team that it previously lacked in terms of typing, offensive presence, even defensive presence to a degree since your squad struggles to switch into Mega-Charizard-Y. Finally I'd remove Defog on Scizor for a fighting move to help take on Bisharp better [although I guess Diancie helps to an extent in RKing it]. Hazards are going to hurt but stopping to defog kind of kills your offensive pressure, while you do have Magic Bounce to deter setting hazards to an extent.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Hidden Power Fire
I'll agree with the lando-t > xatu, but if i replaced mega-manectric with Mdiance, wouldnt I lose momentum when switching into diance?

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
you thunderbolt it.

I'll agree with the lando-t > xatu, but if i replaced mega-manectric with Mdiance, wouldnt I lose momentum when switching into diance?
It doesn't have to be part of the "core" per se but it can still offer a lot to your team. If you want to maintain momentum, switch to another member of the team; if you need to check something that Diancie checks [like Charizard-Y or Sableye], go to diancie. Additionally, Diancie doesn't have U-Turn but it's still a very offensively-oriented Pokemon, you won't be losing momentum if your opponent is fairly weak to Diancie then go to that. The fact that your opponent will be scrambling to respond diancie means that you still have momentum - the ball is in your court and you're putting yourself in a better position to win the game. But on the real I don't think you lose too much, you still have 5 other guys with a U-Turn type move and Diancie can provide its own momentum just by attacking and forcing the opp to respond; not a lot of pokemon can switch into Diancie freely.

I agree with Living So Zambian changes, but I would suggest you Earth Power over HP Fire on Mega Diancie, that's because Moonblast may fail to ohko bisharp, and if you face a black glasses variant you are pretty much doomed.
Anyways, you don't have to use Volturner on every slot in order to make a solid volturn team, otherwise stuff like Bisharp as you already mentioned "fucks your team hard".
I would suggest you two additional things
The first is Superpower over Knock Off on Lan, if you take LSZ advice, this way you get extra insurance against Mega Gyarados which is problematic for your team after Manectric removal.

Nex I would suggest you to Change Rotom-wash with Keldeo

Personally, with Tornadus-therian, Mega Diancie, Celebi and scarfLando Rotom purpouse is already covered in your team, on the other hand Keldeo gives you a much needed dark and rock resistor, and also an okay answer to Mega Gyarados, and a solid switch in to Bisharp (since Mega Diancie might get destroyed by Iron Head) Keldeo also happens to have a great offensive sinergy with Tornadus.

Set:
Following LSZ advice Earth Power>hp fire on MDiancie and Superpower>Knock Off on Lantherian

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

I agree with Living So Zambian changes, but I would suggest you Earth Power over HP Fire on Mega Diancie, that's because Moonblast may fail to ohko bisharp, and if you face a black glasses variant you are pretty much doomed.
Anyways, you don't have to use Volturner on every slot in order to make a solid volturn team, otherwise stuff like Bisharp as you already mentioned "fucks your team hard".
I would suggest you two additional things
The first is Superpower over Knock Off on Lan, if you take LSZ advice, this way you get extra insurance against Mega Gyarados which is problematic for your team after Manectric removal.

Nex I would suggest you to Change Rotom-wash with Keldeo

Personally, with Tornadus-therian, Mega Diancie, Celebi and scarfLando Rotom purpouse is already covered in your team, on the other hand Keldeo gives you a much needed dark and rock resistor, and also an okay answer to Mega Gyarados, and a solid switch in to Bisharp (since Mega Diancie might get destroyed by Iron Head) Keldeo also happens to have a great offensive sinergy with Tornadus.

Set:
Following LSZ advice Earth Power>hp fire on MDiancie and Superpower>Knock Off on Lantherian

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

How would I deal with watertypes if i did that switch? Should I opt leaf storm > psychic on celebi?

You still have two water resistances and Tornadus-therian as an assault vest user so your switch ins against them have improved. Majority of water types still can't touch Celebi an example being Life Orb Starmie failing to 2hko Celebi with Ice Beam, Giga Drain/Leaf Storm isn't that much required, but if you feel more safe with it, then go ahead.

hi, not gonna suggest anything major because tbh most people have suggested most of the plausibly beneficial changes to the team, but imo you should run superpower over knock off on torn to help deal with bisharp. iirc you only need 44 attack evs to ohko bish even with a timid nature, but that might be lo torn im remembering. anyway, knock off --> superpower on tornadus. good luck with the team! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)