When the Sun Rises it Will be a New Year (BDay RMT)

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

When the Sun Rises it Will be a New Year
Hell guys it is me Slay (A.K.A. Take an a Zelfie for the peeps on PS) and I am doing and RMT for my Birthday but also for the New Year. I decided to do a RMT for RU since this is my home tier with my home boys and a sub style just to make it unique. I decided to play sun as I can't build rain in RU and Sun was something I haven't tried before and Hail and Sand have like 1 pokemon differences so it wouldn't really seperate itself from any other team. I literally made the team, went into a tournament and got to semi finals on my first go so this should be good.​

As I was building a sun team I needed a strong base for a reliable sun setter. Uxie is pretty much one of the best possible choices for Rain or Sun teams as it can fit a lot of utility into one role.

Now that I had a reliable setter I needed a chlorophyll sweeper and I don't think anything can do it as well as Victrebell as it has access to naturally high special attack and Weather Ball which pretty much gives it a 3'rd STAB.

Using Kableye's useful Team Style resource it reminded me I needed a counter to Fletchinder and Braviary who are very threatening to my grass-types. This role was debated by Rhyperior and Tyrantrum for a while but in the end I went with Tyrantrum as it can pressure offense without sun up, I already had a Stealth Rocker, and it didn't get burned by a Fletchinder who wanted to stay in.

I also needed something to reliably deal with Scarf Delphox and just fire-types in general. I also did a quick search with the filter *Growth*. I saw Camerupt, I went into RU chat and said, "Camerupt gets Growth/" and then I added it to the team. Anything slower than this gets absolutely demolished.

I tried adding my second chlorophyll sweeper but I still haven't decided on one that I liked so I just decided to add my second sun setter and Liepard is just another solid staple like Uxie is.

Now I HAD to add my other sweeper and the only one that looked plausible to me was Tangrowth since it had good bulk and could be special while still using a powerful Knock Off. Sleep Powder was also a nice perk to.

A Closer look at the team

Blindsight (Uxie) @ Heat Rock

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock

- U-turn

- Memento

- Sunny Day

Uxie is a staple on rain and sun teams in RU as it has a lot of tools to not be a complete suicide lead and can be reserved with ease. It has U-turn to gain momentum, Stealth Rock to break Focus Sash and to aid in a sweep. Sunny Day and Heat Rock are mandatory to help my team be as threatening as it is. Memento can help my team to get an oppurtunity to Growth. 20 Speed EVs allow me to outspeed max speed Omastar and standard Fletchinder. The rest goes into HP and Defense to allow Uxie to take hits and be a pivot.

Flytrap (Victreebel) (F) @ Life Orb

Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam

/
- Weather Ball
/

- Sludge Bomb

- Growth

Looking at Victreebel at first glance it seems as a rather pitiful choice as many things have better defensive stats and quite a few have better offensive stats to. Victreebel's biggest niche is having access to Weather Ball which pretty much gives it another STAB at a whopping base 100. Life Orb is choosen to boost the power of Victreebel's attacks making them extremely hard to switch into. Solar Beam is used over Giga Drain or Energy Ball as Victreebel won't be taking any hits any way and It won't be attacking much outside of the sun. Sludge Bomb is Victreebel's second most reliable STAB and it helps to hit fairy-type and things that resist my other two moves. Weather Ball is mandatory on Vic or else you are just wasting the team slot. Growth allows Vic to capitalize on switch-outs which it forces. There is nothing special about the EV spread.

Empire (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash

- Outrage

- Dragon Claw

- Superpower

Tyrantrum is extremely nice for pressuring offense without any support. This is also my mandatory Braviary and Fletch check. This set is extremely broken nothing new but it has pulled out a lot. It is also a nice fire resist which is important when you boost your opponents fire type attacks. Head Smash + Rock Head is what nukes most things. Outrage and Dragon Claw are Dragon STABs, one to kill one thing and Outrage is more reliable then Head Smash in terms of cleaning up. Superpower hits some steel-types that resist Head Smash. The EV spread is standard.

Vesuvious (Camerupt-Mega) (M) @ Cameruptite

Ability: Solid Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast

- Earth Power

- Solar Beam

- Growth

Camerupt is my fire resist of the team and also my fire type. The main reason I wanted to use this is just because I can nuke stuff with +2 Fire Blast, Earth Power and Solar beams. So since i don't need to invest anything into special attack I decided to just run max speed max bulk. In the original set i had Stealth Rock but I remembered I already had it so i switched it out for Solar Beam.

Sassy Cat (Liepard) (F) @ Heat Rock

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn

- Knock Off

- Sunny Day

- Encore

Most successful Sun teams have two sun setters. The choice on Liepard was unanimous since since my rock-type was not my second setter and Liepard is a staple to most rain and sun teams so I just went with the mainstream choice. It has U-turn to gain momentum and preserve as many Sun turns. Knock Off can disrupt some scarf or band pokemon such as Delphox and Durant. Encore can help against things that may try to set up like Sigilypph. Sunny Day + Heat Rock is once again mandatory as a secondary sun setter. The EV spread isn't optimized so it is just max HP and max speed

Moss on the Stone (Tangrowth) (M) @ Life Orb

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sleep Powder

- Growth

- Knock Off

- Giga Drain

Tangrowth was finally choosen as my last slot as I still wanted to attack on the special side but I wanted Knock Off to hit Slowking and Meloetta. Sleep Powder can be used to get free turns and spam Growth. Giga Drain is a nice spammable move that gives me longevity and Knock Off is to nuke psychic-types. The EV spread is not optimized but I would like to make a note that you should never attempt to growth to much on a special attacker since I run a naive nature on Tangrowth is naturally weak to special attacks already.

Final Conclusion
Well guys I hope you all have a happy new year and wish me a happy birthday. I do have some shoutouts but since I am not super popular or anything there won't be too much to the point I'll be as annoying as faint.
Fineonbae your a really cool dude and fun to talk with in chat
Oddish is the best Just another nice guy
BrandonBeast Your pretty much everywhere but I enjoy your RMTs a lot
Lord Death Man your a funny guy and really good at building teams
Diogo Your intelligent and a nice person overall
Kableye is trash Is a pretty funny guy and cheers me up with his comedic presence
Miyami~~ cool guy in the forums, just wish you were on PS more
Derivatives I know your a VGC person but your getting tagged still
Esidisi is a bro
Rattled Snakes your also just a cool guy who is really new
DKFirelord Anime fan
gamer boy just another fren who doesn't play a lot of RU but still wanted to tag

Happy New Year guys :]

Blindsight (Uxie) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Memento
- Sunny Day

Flytrap (Victreebel) (F) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth

Empire (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower

Vesuvious (Camerupt-Mega) (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Growth

Sassy Cat (Liepard) (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Sunny Day
- Encore

Moss on the Stone (Tangrowth) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Growth
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-311398585 - Victrebell eats this guys soul
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-311398585 - Combo of Tyrantrum and Victrebell wins me the game
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-311390442 - Opponent is inexperienced but Tangrowth plays a huge role in breaking my opponents team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-311445325 - Tyrantrum should have been banned
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-311492255 - Tangrowth being able to Giga Drain and stay long term rather then break down opponents completely saves my butt here
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-311489334 - Liepard saves the team thanks to the tools it is given as well as Tangrowth showing how useful Giga Drain is
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-311516005 - Victreebel eats another sould​

Last edited:
Happy birthday and happy holidays! Noticed your Camerupt has weird IVs. I guess you tried HP Ice, change them to 0 Atk / 31 anything else.
Nice team as well!

Hey cool team man. You might want another sun sweeper > Tangrowth as it is a bit on the slower side. Maybe if you want you could run Egg > Tang, as it also can just spam Psychic on stuff. But then again, that is just up to the user. I would also suggest running hp fire or eq > growth on Tang as I think your team as a whole is a bit to reliant on Growth.

Cam is a bit weird for this team, as it's just so sloooooow. I would suggest Sawsbuck > Camerupt as it's fast, a physical attacker (which tbh your team is lacking), and it can sweep with SD.

I'll come back and add stuff like suggested sets and stuff once I get off mobile if I remember.

Happy birthday!

EDIT:
Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm/Solar Beam
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire/Sleep Powder

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Jump Kick

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)