Which of these six pokemon do you think match up best against Darkrai, Palkia, Dialga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, my question didn't fit in the title box, so here's the full question:

Which of these six pokemon do you think match up best against Darkrai, Palkia, Dialga, Giratinia and Regigas?

The six pokemon are Mewtwo, Mew, Deoxy (Attack Form), Suicune, Charizard (Shiny) , Gengar (Shiny).

Now, I know, I know, this is NOT a balanced or good team to go against the 5 pokemon mentioned above (Darkrai, Palkia, Dialga, Giratinia and Regigas)! But, before you flame on me, this is a challenged match. Like, if you're a truly good pokemon trainer, you could make up a plan and win a match even if your pokemon sucked against the opponents pokemon. I proved it to my friend by using an uncanny team of Heracross, Shackles, Girafig, Dunsparce, Corsola, Yanma and won matches with my neighbors.

So, I got challenged to use this not too good team of Mewtwo, Mew, Deoxy (Attack Form), Suicune, Charizard (Shiny) , Gengar (Shiny) to take down a local pokemon trainer's (the best in our community) Darkrai, Palkia, Dialga, Giratinia and Regigas. Yes, it a 5 on 6 match.

So, I just want you guys' opnion on the best pair-up match for these pokemons. I mean, movesets aside, which of my six pokemon is best paired-up in battle with the 5 opponents? This question is more of a types match-up thingy really.

Like, for example:

Pokemon Opponent: Regigas
My Pokemon: Gengar (since it's Ghost type and Regigas is a normal type)
Back-up pokemon (in-case Gengar gets knocked out): You tell me

Pokemon Opponent: Darkrai
My Pokemon: You tell me
Back-up pokemon (in-case first pokemon gets knocked out): You tell me

Gets♥?

So, uh, it's a 6 on 5 between my Mewtwo, Mew, Deoxy (Attack Form), Suicune, Charizard (Shiny) , Gengar (Shiny) VS opponent's Darkrai, Palkia, Dialga, Giratinia, Regigas.

I choose what Pokemon to match up with my opponent. All of my Pokemon are of course at level 100, with EVs and DVs suited best for their beneficial personality type. All were given stat boosters (Calcium, Zinc, Pokeblocks). All have maxed happiness. All are male except for the legendaries. The shiny pokemons are well bred. All are holding items beneficial for them. And it's a NO potions/full restores/etc match. Also no switching for me and my enemy for whoever gets matched up with my Mewtwo, Mew, and Deoxy (Attack Form) except if it gets knocked out.

I'd appreciate your help! Thanks in advanced!♥

EDIT:

THIS IS A LAN LINK BATTLE, by the way.

Just so you know, this is not the best way to fight a pokemon battle

Pokemon Opponent: Darkrai
My Pokemon: You're best bet is to scrifice a pokemon here to sleep, presuming sleep clause otherwise Mewtwo with a fighting attack is your other option.
Back-up pokemon (in-case first pokemon gets knocked out): Mewtwo I guess.

Pokemon Opponent: Regigas (Which is a joke because it's a sucky pokemon)
My Pokemon: Charizard sets up on it.
Back-up pokemon (in-case Gengar gets knocked out): Deoxys will own it.

Pokemon Opponent: Palkia
My Pokemon: Mewtwo, I think?
Back-up pokemon (in-case first pokemon gets knocked out): Deoxys

I'm not an expert on Ubers and I'm really not the best competative battler.

EDIT: Go and read some of the articles on the site; at the moment you aren't displaying a high level of understanding the metagame, no offence.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Get Mew to BP a NP to sash Deoxys, and its almost gg.
give Gengar a sash or scarf and Explosion+Hypnosis to take at least 1 Pokemon out (preferably Palkia or Darkrai).
Keep Mewtwo alive at all costs, he is your best bet against most of the opponents.

Don't post more threads like this on Smogon, some people don't like it.

sigh

Go and read some of the articles on the site; at the moment you aren't displaying a high level of understanding the metagame, no offence.
Well, this isn't a metagame. I'm talking about a link battle. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I'll edit my original post.

Don't post more threads like this on Smogon, people don't like it.
May I know Why? This is a battling post.

You know, being polite is better than being mean mr eric. :pirate:

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, I myself don't mind it much, but I have seen many threads like this locked, and sometimes infracted here.

Edit: I think this: "You know, being polite is better than being mean mr eric. :pirate:" may go into my sig.....

Well, this isn't a metagame. I'm talking about a link battle. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I'll edit my original post.

May I know Why? This is a battling post.

You know, being polite is better than being mean mr eric. :pirate:
I'm sorry but if you haven't noticed, this is a competitive battling site. The topic doesn't relate to competitive battling but to other forms of battling. So try to keep the topics on competitive battling okay?

I hope I didn't sound rude or insulting. But you get the idea.

--Cyl3x

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-Deoxys-A can take out Dialga, Darkrai, and Regigigas with Superpower. (Or Aura Sphere with Mewtwo)
-Deoxys-A can take out Giratina with ShadowBall (Will have to be mixed Obviously). (Or ShadowBall with Mewtwo)
-Your best bet for Palkia is to TBolt (Lack of Kyorge) with either Mewtwo or Deoxys-A
-Try to have Mew Baton Pass some Nasty Plots to either Deoxys-A or Mewtwo

stop being nice just because she might be a girl, or just using a girls picture. this should be locked
EDIT: and sets should be mentioned. there are different counters for different sets

To tell you the truth, I see no point in this thread. Why just have a Pokemon go against just another Pokemon when you have 5 other pokes at your disposal? Even if you said no switching, you also said this was a competitive battle. And any competitive battler will use all 6 Pokemon, if needed, to KO just one opposing pokemon. Honestly, the whole 1 pokemon vs. 1 pokemon is just silly. By the way, it's Regigigas, Shuckle, Girafarig, Deoxys, and Giratina.

Ah I was wondering what 'Shackles' could be.

Scarf Gengar, mixed Deoxys-A, and some form of Mewtwo should kick his ass pretty well.

Whoa..quite a long time from that server change, huh?

Sorry, I myself don't mind it much, but I have seen many threads like this locked, and sometimes infracted here.

Edit: I think this: "You know, being polite is better than being mean mr eric. :pirate:" may go into my sig.....

Haha! Sure, put it in you sig. But..pleasseee...take away the "Fat" word before my name. FYI, I am not fat and most men find me rather hot. ^-^

I'm sorry but if you haven't noticed, this is a competitive battling site. The topic doesn't relate to competitive battling but to other forms of battling. So try to keep the topics on competitive battling okay?

I hope I didn't sound rude or insulting. But you get the idea.

--Cyl3x
No, you didn't sound insulting. Just lay back and be honest. But, anyways, this is competitve. Like, I compete with people via LAN or GBA link battles...so, it is competitive.

stop being nice just because she might be a girl, or just using a girls picture. this should be locked
EDIT: and sets should be mentioned. there are different counters for different sets
Well, theres nothing wrong with being nice. It's part of men's nature to be nice to women..so live with it...it's a good thing though.

Well, I dunno my enemy's sets and since I'm not completely sure what Pokemon to use yet, I'm not that certain about my movesets. XD

To tell you the truth, I see no point in this thread. Why just have a Pokemon go against just another Pokemon when you have 5 other pokes at your disposal? Even if you said no switching, you also said this was a competitive battle. And any competitive battler will use all 6 Pokemon, if needed, to KO just one opposing pokemon. Honestly, the whole 1 pokemon vs. 1 pokemon is just silly. By the way, it's Regigigas, Shuckle, Girafarig, Deoxys, and Giratina.
Ya, I find it (the 1 vs 1 till KO thing) silly too. But then, I didn't make up the rules for the battle and I honestly don't mind if it's gonna be done that way.

Ah I was wondering what 'Shackles' could be.

Scarf Gengar, mixed Deoxys-A, and some form of Mewtwo should kick his ass pretty well.
Ya...I dunno what that Shackles is about too.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I appreciate it.

Ok, ok, someone please lock this thread before people start flaming.

eric the espeon

creisse said:
Haha! Sure, put it in you sig. But..pleasseee...take away the "Fat" word before my name. FYI, I am not fat and most men find me rather hot. ^-^
I cant Smogon automatically puts fat at the start of quotes.....
lol... is there room in my sig for another?

LOL!

I cant Smogon automatically puts fat at the start of quotes.....
lol... is there room in my sig for another?

Ohh!! Oh my gosh! I'm so embarassed! I've been looking at quotes for such a long time and I haven't noticed that! Hahaha! Okies, the Fatty can stay. LMAO!

First off, I highly doubt this person is actually a girl, more like a teenage boy acting like a stereotypical girl, because he has no idea what a real girl is like.

But, to be honest, this question is very hard to answer without knowing the sets on your pokes. Because with your display of knowledge so far, I think it highly unlikely that your pokemon are ev/iv trained, bred, or have the correct movesets for this kind of advice. It's possible your opponent doesnt either. But for instance, as most people are saying, your deoxys-A will be tough for your opponent to handle, but that only applies if it has a correct moveset, not to mention if there is no switching, then your deoxys-A is good for one kill only. There are TM issues with all the legendaries if you don't trade, there are moveset issues if you don't breeed (I know somebody mentioned setting up with Charizard, but if she (?) didnt breed for belly drum then she has nothign to set up, and without switching it will be hard for her to set up anyways)

In conclusion, as somebody mentioned before, this is a competitive site, as in more competitive than you. And while this may be a competitive match for you, smogon's community's knowledge of competitive pokemon doesn't always apply to this type of restricted battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)