All Gens Which un-implemented old gen tiers are you interested in?

Speaking of GSC LC, isn't there a compatibility issue from gen 2 level up moves + RBY-only TMs? For example, Machop with Cross Chop + Rock Slide. Cross Chop is a level up move, thus in order for Machop to have it at level 5 he needs to hatch from the egg with it. On the other hand, Rock Slide is a RBY TM. So you can't trade Machop with Cross Chop to RBY to teach Rock Slide.
Stadium 2 has the move reminder thingy after clearing the Elite 4 + Champion in the Gym Leader Castle. However I am not sure if the move reminder would let Machop learn Cross Chop at level 5, considering he only learns it later on, even though he had it when he hatched from the egg.

Speaking of GSC LC, isn't there a compatibility issue from gen 2 level up moves + RBY-only TMs? For example, Machop with Cross Chop + Rock Slide. Cross Chop is a level up move, thus in order for Machop to have it at level 5 he needs to hatch from the egg with it. On the other hand, Rock Slide is a RBY TM. So you can't trade Machop with Cross Chop to RBY to teach Rock Slide.
Stadium 2 has the move reminder thingy after clearing the Elite 4 + Champion in the Gym Leader Castle. However I am not sure if the move reminder would let Machop learn Cross Chop at level 5, considering he only learns it later on, even though he had it when he hatched from the egg.
move reminder doesn't do egg moves until gen 6, so yeah, that wouldn't work

unrelated, but are the gen 5 randbats movepools and all still around somewhere? honestly, it would be pretty cool to have randbats for all of the past gens. they're great for challenging friends / starting up tournaments with people who might not have teams. it's also a fun way to pick up mechanics on a gen you're unfamiliar with.

putting together viable movepools is more time consuming, but that's something i'd happily help with for ADV / DPP. they'd definitely be popular challenge options as well~

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you could compile those move nuances in Gen 1and 2 LC that would be great Jelli, these custom rulesets will take time considering the sheer amount of tutor moves to go through, so any amount contribution will make these PS! ready faster.

how about gen 4 with Diamond and Pearl mechanics only no plat/hgss mechanics. (no acid weather glitch, 70% hypnosis thunder/blizzard have a 30% chance to bypass protect/detect if used during rain/hail respectively, no rotom-a,skymin,tina-o has DP doesn't have these forms in code)

since you can trade to DP from plat/HGSS pokemon will still have their full gen 4 movepools so this isn't removing stuff like bullet punch scizor or low kick weavile.

Personally I would find it much more interesting to see pure vanilla DP OU (maybe even with the original banlist. RIP the Garchomp metagame). Having access to HGSS tradebacks pretty much just give us the modern 4th gen metagame, minus Rotom.

Jellicent I think we still have gen 5 randbats scripts.
Also, if you give me the set of rules of RBY LC, I can add it as a challenge option.
It's played with RBY Tradebacks. Wrap is banned (overpowered at Level 5) and Clefairy is banned (unavailable in GSC or RBY at Level 5).

Are moves currently categorized on PS (i.e., Level, TM, Breeding, Tutor, Event)? That would make explaining the move illegalities easier than just listing them all (though I can do the latter). Several things make Level moves after Level 5 incompatible with Pokemon.
  • Gained a prevo in GSC - this is specifically Pikachu and Jigglypuff (plus the banned Clefairy). An illegal move example here is Quick Attack Pikachu. They also lose out on Breeding moves for this reason (Sing Pikachu).
  • Genderless - that's just Staryu, Voltorb, and Magnemite (keep in mind Porygon is fully evolved in RBY.) An example here would be Hydro Pump Staryu.
  • Event moves - These can't be bred down, making them incompatible with Breeding moves (such as Lovely Kiss + Amnesia Nidoran-M, though it should already be set up like this for RBY Tradebacks anyway) and Level moves (for instance, Low Kick + Fire Spin Ponyta). This is where the bulk of move illegalities stem from.
TMs (like Ice Punch Abra) and Tutors (like Surf Pikachu) don't have illegalities with anything.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Jellicent, since ExtremeSpeed Zigzagoon and Leech Seed Oddish are received as eggs, they can obtain their level-up moves via the Pomeg glitch.
While this is true, it is still reliant on glitch abuse after all, so I don't think it will make any difference at all.

E.g., every GSC Pokemon with access to Metronome is capable of learning any Sketchable move: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sketch_glitch
Yet we aren't allowing Spore/Baton Pass Gengar or Recover/Swords Dance Snorlax...

Therefore: Proposing RBY and GSC Glitchmons

Last edited:
While this is true, it is still reliant on glitch abuse after all, so I don't think it will make any difference at all.
It makes a pretty big difference actually; all official Little Cup formats (DPP LC, BW2 LC, and ORAS LC) allow the ADV Pomeg glitch, so it'd be rather odd to arbitrarily disallow it in ADV itself. The current ADV playerbase allows the glitch for both consistency with later generations, as well as maintaining the viability of genderless mons (Porygon without Pomeg glitch can't get Recover or Recycle, Staryu without Pomeg glitch can't get Hydro Pump or Recover, etc)

As a glitch, yes, it can be considered unethical, but all official Little Cup formats to date allow this glitch.

Been itching to play the original DP metagame for a while now. It should be implemented. The return of Salamence, Scizor and Rotom-A taking a hike, no Trick, Hypnosis coming back from hell...Would be pretty interesting to go back with some of the sets we have now.
AL is da real MVP. Don't forget Garchomp though. Broken yes, but hes a real OG.

CB Tar and Spiritomb set to make a comeback... Pls implement this.

AL is da real MVP. Don't forget Garchomp though. Broken yes, but hes a real OG.

CB Tar and Spiritomb set to make a comeback... Pls implement this.
Garchomp was banned before Platinum though.

*Edit*

CB Tyranitar don't need a comeback, that thing's beast now. But Tyranitar itself is a good example of a new element though. Scarf was non-existent pre-Plat so Starmie, Azelf, and some others are still going to be held down. Basically, stall would be rising in usefulness with stuff like Trick, Outrage, Heat Wave, etc gone.

Last edited:
Garchomp was banned before Platinum though.

*Edit*

CB Tyranitar don't need a comeback, that thing's beast now. But Tyranitar itself is a good example of a new element though. Scarf was non-existent pre-Plat so Starmie, Azelf, and some others are still going to be held down. Basically, stall would be rising in usefulness with stuff like Trick, Outrage, Heat Wave, etc gone.
Yeah he was but the original metagame had him. It all depends on how literal were taking the term "original DP"

Garchomp or not though I'd be hyped as hell for that.

I'd like to see Random Battles for every gen come back.

Adv 200 and DP vanilla would be interesting to bring back as legacy metagames. Did BW ever have a Unova-only singles metagame or was that only VGC11 that did that?

Also, while I'm not really a LC player, I'd support GSC LC at least because it's the only one I know and might play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)