Whimsicott

Stun Spore will be better, you also have the chance of the opp not moving. Iron Ball only slows down, although i suppose you can use it to knock flyers and levitaters down.

IMO, Erufuun is a great lead. Taunt is great on the Lead set, and along with Stun Spore and Leech Seed, makes sure you cripple atleast one Pokemon.
I'd say vulnerability to Earthquake is generally more important than a 25% chance of full paralysis. Only halving speed rather than cutting it down to a quarter, on the other hand, is not. But then, you don't want to help Guts abusers, either. So as I said, there are benefits both ways, although Stun Spore is usually more useful.

Just to add a little more for the Iron Ball side to what's already been said:

• Removes immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes (nice since Erufuun forces switches)
  • Can't be cured by Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, Natural Cure, Rest, Healing Heart, or Shed Skin (cuts Roserade, Celebi, and Shaymin out of the list of counters)
  • Can't be prevented with Hydration, Leaf Guard, Limber, or Safeguard (this one's not a big deal, but I'm just tossing it out to be more complete)
  • Doesn't give Guts, Quick Feet, Herbivore, or Marvel Scale boosts to anything (prevents the deer and Baffuron from being counters
  • Can't be Magic Mirrored, Magic Coated, Synchronized, or Psycho Shifted (the latter two aren't anything major, but removing Espeon as a counter is a different story)

Stun Spore might be a more all-purpose move generally, especially since it can be used more than once, but Switcheroo Iron Ball (or Lagging Tail) does take care of a few specific enemies better and might be harder to see coming. The main selling points to me, though, are the accuracy factor and the ability to use it in conjunction with other status effects.

Level 1 Erufuun @ Focus Sash
Mischievous Heart
No EVs necessary.
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
~Taunt
~Memento

Been using this successfully as a lead on PO.

isnt focus sash used up after one use? so why do you need lv 1 rather than 100? You could even go inbetween so that leech seed still heals 25% ish and you can still take a light hit.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
The only problem with this guy is he's predictable as hell. He'll obviously try to screw up any plans at setting up you have, so who would bother trying?? Plus, you can just send in espeon and anything he tries to do to you (leech seed, taunt, etc.) gets bounced right back at him.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Saying he's predictable isn't fair. If you can outpredict the Erufuun player then there's no reason he can't outpredict you. I always run U-turn on Erufuun and will often come in on something that is attempting to set up and just U-turn off the bat, catching their switch and gaining momentum. It's a dangerous game to play but it can yield great results.

Arc Tech, he's using Level 1 so that Leech Seed will always restore enough HP to allow him to Substitute indefinitely. Interesting but gimmicky. Hippowdon beats it every time, Magic Coat Deoxys-S gets his job done, and any lead with priority kills it with ease. I wouldn't bother tbh.

isnt focus sash used up after one use? so why do you need lv 1 rather than 100? You could even go inbetween so that leech seed still heals 25% ish and you can still take a light hit.
I'm experimenting with different levels. I just posted the extreme of level 1.

Saying he's predictable isn't fair. If you can outpredict the Erufuun player then there's no reason he can't outpredict you. I always run U-turn on Erufuun and will often come in on something that is attempting to set up and just U-turn off the bat, catching their switch and gaining momentum. It's a dangerous game to play but it can yield great results.

Arc Tech, he's using Level 1 so that Leech Seed will always restore enough HP to allow him to Substitute indefinitely. Interesting but gimmicky. Hippowdon beats it every time, Magic Coat Deoxys-S gets his job done, and any lead with priority kills it with ease. I wouldn't bother tbh.
Noone notices the level. Ever. I have beaten Hippowdon, and against Deoxys and priority I usually just Memento out, leaving them crippled and usually either getting a free setup turn or a free switch. Note that leech seed recovery happens before Burn, so if you're unlucky from a Fire Punch or something it's not the end of the world. Now if you also miss with Leech Seed, you just lost, but that's a 1% chance I'm willing to take.

afrobull is already dirt slow and doesn't mind being pared or having a iron ball tricked to it and herbivore versions still can't be touched at all outside of toxic

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Erufunn is cute and fun to use, but it unfortunately doesn't bring much to the table. It can't hurt anything, and the last time I checked the goal of Pokemon is to knock your opponents out.

It is shut down by other Grass-types. Stun Spore is fun, but that means you're probably going to take a hit in return.

No pokemon is scared of Erufunn, which is a HUGE problem when your only way of dealing damage is SubSeeding. Nothing is going to switch out of it, which means you have to take a hit every time you want to start the process. This is not a winning combination.

Erufunn is a slightly better Jumpluff, and that isn't exactly saying much. I will be stunned if this pokemon is even UU in a few months once all the hype about its ability dies down.

If Mischievous Heart is this thing's only draw, I would expect Borotorus to be way more popular in the end. It can priority Toxic and T-Wave and Volt Change or U-Turn to get out. It also has much better stats and typing naturally with a better movepool.

Has that Jrrrr guy even played PO? Erufuun is beastly. It can totally screw up strategies and it forces you to attack it, you can't switch because it will just Seed or Sub and killing it becomes nigh impossible then.

Jrrr...seriously? Have you ever actually played 5th gen? Even if you haven't, i'm sure you can figure out what priority taunt, encore, and stun spore means. Here's a hint: it means that while erefuun is alive, you aren't walling, stalling, setting up or sweeping, and most of your team will be paralyzed (even grounds) in the process. How you came up with such negative theorymon is beyond me.

It's far from broken...it has a few hard counters (starmie, scizor) but people are starting to run switcheroo to deal with some of them.

Jaroda, Borutosu doesn't have the movepool to abuse Mischievous Heart with. It does get taunt which is great on it, but T-wave is blocked by grounds (unlike stun spore), it doesn't learn switcheroo or encore, and erefuun learns u-turn anyway.

It can't hit grounds but it is 100% acc otherwise. A decent trade off. Borotorosu doens't need all Mischievous Heart moves to be good with it. I think the fact that it can do that well enough and also attack makes it much more unsafe for the opponent, as you have better options. They both have their place, it just comes down to preference really.

People are putting down Erufuun alot here. This guy can be absolutely crushing if you give it too much space. And that's just as a subseeder - Erufuun isn't a one-trick pony here, it can fulfill multiple roles and strategies.

Well, since i always run Espeon i never had any problems with Erufuun.

But this thing can be extremely annoying if played right. Stopping pokes from setting up, paralyzing things and forcing switches is great.
Think about stacking some entry hazards. Then use Erufuun to force lots of switches.
That's just one example, but it shows Erufuun is useful.

It can't touch starmie either. It will just ice beam and then natural cure off paralysis.

Scizor is another one, as it doesn't care about paralysis and can u-turn for massive damage. It wouldn't like an encored SD but choice band is far more popular.

But I wouldn't say that all grass types are counters. Alot of them hate paralysis, and almost all of them hate encore. Loom isn't going to enjoy being locked into sub.

This thing cries out for Synthesis. Cotton Guard is probably its best option for the last slot, though.
If Eruffun had Sleep Powder (or even Spore), and Synthesis, or any other healing move, it would be the move broken pokemon in the game. Gamefreak isn't that stupid (although it did give out 130+ stats to nearly everyone this generation).

Espeon and Xatu are the definitive counters. Erufuun can't touch them.
The thing is that elfoon knows u-turn.

Erufuun uses U-Turn! Erufuun goes back to Green Mage.
Green Mage sends out Tyranitar!
Tyranitar uses Pursuit.

I guess that counts for Starmie as well, but not Scizor.

Just hope you didn't have a Stun Spore reflected when they switched into you in the first place, because you will go down to a STAB Psychic from Espeon after wards. But if you were lucky to use Taunt and you have U-Turn then yeah, you can escape.

The thing is, every non-Grass type will get stalled out by SubSeeding. Breloom has Toxic Orb and Poison Heal to avoid paralysis anyway, and being locked into Sub isn't a problem when Erefuun can't hurt you anyway. Plus, even if they bring in a counter, they can't kill you until you're too weak to keep Subbing, in which case Encore will have worn off by then.

You typically don't just switch to a counter when you have something encored, you switch to ono or something and start dancing. This is exactly why wob is banned. The second you get locked into something like sub, you either switch or run the risk of getting swept (wob doesn't give you the option to switch).

I mean, if you want to keep subbing while mole-chomp-uruga-dos-ono-whatever keeps dancing, be my guest.

Another thing to consider is that Breloom can't switch into stun spore unless it's been poisoned already.

I've been playing at the Pokemon Online sim and this set has had a surprising amount of success.

Erufuun @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Ability Mischievous Heart
252 hp/ 160 sp def/98 spe
Cotton Guard
Substitute
Leech Seed
Hidden Power Fire

You come into a physical attacker, throw up priority cotton guard to muck them up, I've easily handled any attack aimed at me then you keep subseeding to victory. Oddly enough I've swept teams with this set, but it could just as easily be the people on the server, then again I've handled a +2 ddance Ononokosu (eventually got up to +6) taking it from full health to quiet dead and ending at near 100% health.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)