Who here uses UU pokes in higher tiers?

As the title says, do you use UU (or even NU) Pokemon in your usual OU team? I'm curious to see which Pokemon work well and which are used more often outside of their usual tier. I myself use a Rest Talking Blastoise on my regular team, and man does he get the job done.

I'm breeding a Resttalk spoink for my wifi team and I'm using an octillery. With an agility from dystro's Jolt, it works wonders.

I'm about to use a kingler ninjask combo in a new team I'm making and a bp minun to a wise specs sweeping empoleon, think about it speed plus more spatk, and the walling capabilities.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm using some Hitmons, only because i've spent so long breeding the bastards they may as well see some use XD

I often use Kecleon on my time when I have a pokemon that needs setting up. He Tricks whatever I'm holding (typically specs), and then I'm free to either Nasty Plot up using Kecleon, or switch to a pokemon that can start sweeping. I'm also very interested in trying Raichu right now.

If we're talking BL pokemon, Sceptile is a staple as it's my favorite. Uxie is also quite useful.

I use Cradily on my Sandstorm teams.. but I'm not sure if it's UU.

Other than that, not really... usually, I just stick to solid, good OU/BL Pokemon.

In ADV I used Blastoise as a Mence and T-Tar slayer, but with Choice Specs and Sandstream boost it isn't as effective anymore.

I'm currently using Scarf Kingler on a rain dance team as a revenge killer. It 2HKOs a lot of things, although Crabhammer isn't always reliable.

Only mamoswine, since apparently it's UU
Nah, it's BL (or OU, depending on the stats). The tier list hasn't been updated, not sure why.

I generally prefer to use UU pokemon in OU only if they're accomplishing something more than they'd be doing in UU. Stallrein is probably the best example of this, since there's no hail in UU. Some UU pokemon also have the ability to counter OU pokemon more effectively then other OU (Lanturn countering a Flinch-hax Togekiss is a pretty decent example of this).

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Several UU pokes are good in both tiers; notably Poliwrath, Mr. Mime, and Lanturn.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I use both nidos, they're good choice users, i'mmune to sandstorm, resistant to stealth rock, and absorb toxic spikes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)