Who improved the most?

Basically its a thread on which pokemon got best this generation ( From last gen )
I vote skarmory,
- Brave bird for some hitting power finally.
- Roost for amazing recovery.
It really is everything he needed, He got stealth rock too which is awesome.
Though it dies a lot easier now, It doesn't mean he didn't get a lot better.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Blaziken improved the most when we changed his name to Infernape. :toast:

Gyarados has also shot up from BL-esque status in ADV, to the third most common Pokemon in the game, according to the Shoddy Rankings.

Forretress I think, its use was limited in ADV but now it seems very popular, probably due to it being able to absorb toxic spikes in this well in DP.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Azumarill. Physical STAB Priority attack, Physical STAB 80 BP attack, yeah it got better.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it has to be Tyranitar. With two stronger physical STABs (STAB Crunch alone removed several pokemon like Swampert (which is no longer a safe counter) from its counter list,) and physical Pursuit, the fact that it is still one of the most versatile pokemon in the game, makes it a strong candidate for "most improved"

I vote for tyranitar too, Crunch and stone edge are dreat aditions to his movepool; and lets not forget the handfull 1.5 Sp def boost from sandstorm.

Going with TTar and it's 1.5 sp def boost in Sandstorm in addition to much better physical STAB.

Ninetails seems like it improved a lot (haven't played ADV, but from what I can tell) - Nasty Plot, better Hypnosis, and Energy Ball as another special attacking option.

Sneasel, before it had a horrible movepool and no good stab. Now it has an evolution thats amazing
Indeed. From having a dual special typing to go along with its abysmal Sp. Att., to getting a huge boost in Att. and a good one in Speed while getting good PHYSICAL stab moves. That's going from UU to very OU in one gen.

Sneasel is probably the winner of this thread lol, but here's another

Physical Salamence got dragon claw, and I guess fire fang and crunch. More importantly, Special Salamence got choice specs and Draco meter, a huge improvement there

A large number of pokemon got "better".

My personal choice wouold have to go to Tyranitar. The SpD boost from Sandstream is awesome (hard to kill), and the ability to smash stuff with attacks from either side of the spectrum (or both).

Second would be Salamence (or any Dragon, really) with the advent of Draco Meteor (seems to be unanimous that it is the single most "broken" attack).

Scizor got a reliable not 5 PP STAB move that was practically named for it.

Sneasel got mentioned already......

Hitmonchan's movepool actually became usable. And he got an ability to boost it further. But he was always UU anyway, and the boost didn't really bump him up at all.

Mew it went from meh to OMFG if you let this thing live it could cost you the game with BP + +2 in any stat passing

Magnezone got Electrolevitate ( Magnet Rise ) so it's still OK.

I think that Crawdaunt and Sharpedo improved a lot. They went from having two special STABs to two physical STABs.

Also, Crawdaunt got Rock Slide, X scissor and Superpower to play with. Sharpedo got Ice Fang. They improved significantly. Their movepools went from Return and Shadow ball, to fairly usable. As a matter of fact, the reason I use crawdaunt over kingler is because kingler's movepool sucks.

Posting to mention Rhydon/Rhyperior. Probably one of the most significant "Improved poke". With the addition of incredibily good stats, move pool, and ability, it is now a solid contender in the OU environment. Also, it has benefited greatly from Sandstorm.

Breloom improved so much, it's sick. I used to like it, but now that I'm on the recieving end of the carnage, I hate it!! I have to let one guy sleep, and then switch in Mence so I can kill their team. However, Dragon Dancing on the switch and destroying a bunch of pokes is awesome.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Tyranitar is just incredible in D/P, even though it was already by many measures the best OU Pokemon in Advance. Stone Edge and physical Crunch, used in tandem with Choice Band, is extremely powerful and Crunch with a bit of luck behind it (yay Defense drop) screws up a lot of the Ground type Tyranitar switchins such as Donphan. Pursuit just screams "die Cresselia, Starmie, and everything else Dark-weak"; its power is accentuated in the Japanese version due to how Pursuit works with Choice Band there. Not to mention Tyranitar's insta-Special Defense boost helps against Surfs, Thunderbolts, Ice Beams, and that stuff.

tyranitar went from being a very good OU pokemon in advanced to easily the best (other than blissey) in DP. with the new sandstorm boost, sandstorm teams have become a lot more popular, and tyranitar is on every single good sandstorm team. also, with the attack and special attack split CBtar has become possibly the deadliest attacker in the metagame, with CBpursuits killing almost everything, and doing around 65% to blisseys. furthermore, stall teams are beggining to dominate the metagame, and tyraniboah dominates stall teams. in simpole words... tyranitar is god

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)