Who is the best Mixed sweeper?

Been looking for a good mixed sweeper for a while now. There's plenty, ChainChomp, Boah, MixPert....

But what is the best?

...LOL...there's a whole long list not just chainchomp, tyraniboah and mixpert...

i'd say inferape though, so unpredictable...

It really depends on your team, but infernape is rather good at what he does. You could also mention mixed metagross, but his effectiveness really lies in the surprise of the special attack against a sent in physical wall rather than the versatility.

The weird part is that none of your examples are actually sweepers so I'm thinking you might be getting the wrong idea. Boah and Chainchomp are supposed to break down walls so that something else can come in and sweep. Mixpert is just a wall who happens to have mixed attacks.

Infernape is an example of an actual mixed sweeper. Life orb Mixmence would be another one. Those are definitely two of the best.

I thought the standard anwser to these questions was "it depends on your team" (or some variation thereof).
I personally like infernape, but I wouldn't use it with, for example, Heatran.

anyway...it depends on the rest of your team

If there was a best pokemon (wall, sweeper, ect.), everyone would use it

I'm agreeing with the "Infernape by 100miles" sentiment.
It's not just that he can be a mixed attacker like so many others, it's the he's powerful on both fronts (there's no drop in damage from atk to spatk unlike Boah or Chainchomp) and people consistently use him in different ways so he remains unpredictable in the metagame.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
UU-- Sharpedo. Especially my HP Grass one. Hits almost all the major UU walls for super effective. Aggron/Golem/Probopass/Basti/Torkoal hit with Hydropump, Hypno/Grumpig hit with Crunch, Cloyster/Quagsire/Gstrodon/Lapras Hit with HP Grass, Meg/Vileplume hit with Ice Beam/other ice attack . . . the only sponge that doesn't get SE'd would be Mantine.

And according to some Calcs Lee did, Sharpedo can work over a lot of OU walls too when used as a mixed sweeper. :P

the thing is with infernape, everyone decent has a sure fire counter for it.

switch in gyarados on close combat/ flamethrower, then bring in scarfchomp on thunderpunch.

cresselia.

suicune.

choice scarf heatran.

i have used these all on my team before, and i have never had a problem with infernape.

i would still say he is the best mixed sweeper, because there is really no other mixed sweeper, they are almost all stallbreakers, which are completely different things.

Life Orb Salamence is a good choice. Something like Brick Break/Draco Meteor/fire move/Dragon Claw or Crunch, as shown in the analysis, works and hits a lot of stuff for good damage. Roost or Hydro Pump can work somewhere as well. Intimidate, EQ immunity...one downside is that he's sort of slow.

Electivire is good too, but if Thunderbolt is your electric move, you won't have a STAB to run off that nice Attack stat, which sort of sucks.

the thing is with infernape, everyone decent has a sure fire counter for it.

switch in gyarados on close combat/ flamethrower, then bring in scarfchomp on thunderpunch.

cresselia.

suicune.

choice scarf heatran.

i have used these all on my team before, and i have never had a problem with infernape.

i would still say he is the best mixed sweeper, because there is really no other mixed sweeper, they are almost all stallbreakers, which are completely different things.
The thing is, you said that everyone has a surefire counter for Infernape, but not everything you listed is a surefire counter for Infernape.

Gyarados can't take CB Thunderpunches.

Garchomp can't take Close Combats or Flare Blitzes more than a couple times.

Cresselia IS one of the few surefire counters.

Suicune is OHKO'd by Nasty Plot'd Life Orb'd Grass Knot.

Heatran can't take Close Combats very well.

The Pokes you listed can move in on a specific move, but not on all of them.

I have had much success with Naughty Salamence. EQ, Dragon Claw and Fire Blast is unresisted. Nothing can switch in safely. Also, Salamence has DD, and unlike Garchomp, his special attack is very good.

i like mixed snorlax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
242 hp 252 spatk
curse
Fire Blast/surf
Snore
Rest

with snore he can hit even will asleep lol and sometimes it will flinch lol u can really choose any sp attack your team needs i usually use surf lol bc its lol when he rides on the surf lol

i like mixed snorlax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
242 hp 252 spatk
curse
Fire Blast/surf
Snore
Rest

with snore he can hit even will asleep lol and sometimes it will flinch lol u can really choose any sp attack your team needs i usually use surf lol bc its lol when he rides on the surf lol
How does he benefit from special attacks? The only thing I can see it handy for is Fire Blasting the average Skarmory trying to Whirlwind you away.

Garchomp can't take Close Combats or Flare Blitzes more than a couple times.
"TORCHED by Flare Blitz! ...But this is not a favorable matchup." That's what you'll hear from the announcer in PBR if Garchomp is hit by that Flare Blitz and not KO'd. For the record, I think Jolly CB Infernape Flare Blitz is a 3-4HKO on all Garchomp, unless you get lucky with the burn.

Heatran can't take Close Combats very well.
Choice Scarf? Heatran used Earth Power.
And Surf won't do ANY good on Snorlax, except MAYBE against Rhyperior, but there's that stupid Solid Rock ability and Sandstorm to make it tougher.

i like mixed snorlax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
242 hp 252 spatk
curse
Fire Blast/surf
Snore
Rest

I see the Snorlax, but where's the mix?

yes, but the only way to beat a mixed infernape is with prediction, i gave a number of ways that i have slaughtered infernapes. no one is even NOT going to use thunderpunch when a gyarados comes in. in fact, thunderpunch is not a ohko and waterfall is, so most infernapes are going to switch right on the spot.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
i like mixed snorlax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
242 hp 252 spatk
curse
Fire Blast/surf
Snore
Rest

Umm no offense, but honestly, what the hell? I'm sorry but that's one of the worst sets I've ever seen...Curse on something with only special attacks? While were talking about a MIXED sweeper topic? Plus you didn't even use all of your EVs? You do know that there was a physical/special split in D/P and that Snore became special regardless of being normal right? -.-

Sorry, but that's not even a mixed sweeper or making good use of curse.

Tyranitar, Infernape, Electivire, Salamence, Azelf are all great ( Just for sweepers ofcourse, The list is huge for non - sweepers like swampert )
To pick the best one... I'd have to go with Infernape, excellent attacking stats + great speed + great stab + great movepool + both +2 attacking moves on both sides. Azelf comes a close second with his monster bases and good movepool, But lack of stab hurts it as well as the fact that it can't really take blissey without exploding

I tend to go with my favorite, Electivire. I use something like
Electivire @ Expert Belt
252 Speed, 200 Sp.Attack, 58 Attack
Mild, Motor Drive
Cross Chop
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
HP Ice
2HKOes Blissey, rampages through common physical walls. Cresselia, Swampert can wall it however. The set is surprising to shoddybattlers, however. For ex., Bronzong switch-in are common.

Naive Explosion Azelf is good. Infernape is not as much as a mixed sweeper as Electivire is, since Infernape is meant to break walls that aren't Cresselia. Electivire is pretty good with Thunderbolt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)