XY NU Who needs the broken stuff? please rate :)

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Helloooooo R0ady back again :) So over the past month or so ive done nothing but try to get better at UU (and id like to think ive made good progress :p) but with the ladder reset i figured id go back to some other tiers. Now i realize NU is pretty unbalanced at the moment with the megas running around,however this team fairs incredibly well against the broken meta, even tho its basically an x and y nu team.

rhydon.gif

Cuddles (rhydon)@Eviolite
rock head
252 speed 252 attack 4 hp adamant
-stone edge
-earthquake
-rock polish
-swords dance
After using double dance rhydon, it immediately became my favorite nu pokemon to use. 70% of my games end with this thing sweeping, and although i normally don't like double dancers, this thing is just dso goddamn bulky with eviolite it finds no issue setting up. it hits 358, out speeding up to 112 jolly/timid pokes, which is very fast in the nu tier, especially with something like archeops flying around. After an sd its attack hits 788, so not much can take this on, especially when it has perfect egdequake coverage. I could run rock blast over edge, however i lose out on a ton of power and im not to sure about it.

cryagonal.gif

Ornament (cryagonal) Life Orb
levitate
252 speed 252 special attack 4 special defense timid
-ice beam
-freeze dry
-hp fire
-rapid spin
So ive always used cryagonal wrong, thinking it was a special defensive wall, however this thing is incredible offensivly in nu. It acts as my spinner, and seismatoad switch in, which gives this team problems. Ice beam for a strong stab, and freeze dry to hit water types. hp fie to get rid of steel types that would normally wall this. Although it only has base 95 special attack, it gets a lot of unexpected ohkos on things that im thankful for, and not to mention it has an amazing speed stat of 105.

hariyama.gif
High three (Hariyama) @assault vest
thick fat
252 hp 252 attack 4 special defense adamant
-close combat
-knock off
-ice punch
-bullet punch
so next i needed an answer to strong special attackers, so av came to mind. and possibly the best user of this is hariyama. Although close combat is pretty counter productive with av, its yamas best stab it has to work with unfortunatly. Knock off to nail psychic types who wanna switch into it, such as uxie and mesprit. Bullet punch is there because other wisse this team has zero priority. And ice punch is to hit things like the now very common dragalge. Thick fat makes fire types less likely to spam there stabs (lookin at you typhlosion)

lanturn.gif

LightBright (lanturn) Choice Specs
volt absorb
252 special attack 252 hp 4 defense modest
-volt switch
-hydro pump
-thunderbolt
-ice beam
Specs lanturn seemed kinda weird to me at first, with its meh special attack stat, but acces to strong stab and momentum makes up for it imo. This thing is seismatoads bitch unfortunatly, as ice beam doesnt do very much, but the main thing ill be spamming other wise is volt switch. Not to mention this thing is really fat, making up for its low speed.Hydro pump over scald because this thing needs to hit as hard as possible all the time Thunder bolt for that mid range spam stab. ice beam for those pesky grass types that think they can easily switch in.

uxie.gif

Sleeper (uxie) Leftovers
levitate
252 hp 252 special defense 4 special attack
-thunder wave
-psyshock
-stealth rock
-u-turn
So im still not sure if having this specially defensive or physically helps me more. im thinking of changing it to defensive because this team already has a ton of special bulk. Any way if you havent realized it yet this team is pretty slow, so having t wave support is a god send. Rocks because every team needs rocks, too punish switches and what not. psyshock just for an attack, and makes poison types like garbodar and weezing less likely to stay in.Finally u-turn, because thats like required on everything that learns it lol. Uxie is a good pivot so i find myself switching into it alot.

golurk.gif

Icanfly (golurk) @assault vest
iron fist
252 attack 252 hp 4 special defense
-shadow punch
-earthquake
-drain punch
-stone edge
So this is a mon im not too sure about keeping. In some situations its essential but most of the time its dead weight. Powerful eqs are nice but i have rhydon for that, and the special bulk is nice but i have yama for that. Any way shadow punch is just for a strong boosted stab that destroys other ghosts. Edge quake to punish the flying types that wanna come in on this, and drain punch to get hp back. fairly straight forward mon, strong, but replaceable i feel.

Threatlist
Seismatoad: like i stated earlier dont have any switch ins outside of cryagonal and uxie, but uxie cant do shit back.

zagoose: 2hkos everything on my team, i can sack then go into rhydon to eat up a close combat and kill it

swellow: less threatening than goose but once dons dead it can sweep me

Every mega in the fucking tier: because whos team dont they threaten

Anyway thank you for checking out my rmt :) please leave suggestions for me!

Importable:

Golurk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Cryogonal @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Life orb mesprit is a massive threat to your team but im too tired to think of something to handle it atm so I ll edit this tomorrow hopefully. Edit: scyther is a good answer to mesprit and as your team seems quite slow it would be a good addition instead of golurk as it gets rid of another grass weakness for you also.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi R0ady you seem to really hate special attackers because you have 2 Assault Vest Pokemon, 1 specially defensive Pokemon, and 2 naturally bulky on the special side Pokemon. You seem to be trying to play this team as a bulky offense team with a support mon in Uxie. To start off with I really like the suggestion of Scyther > Golurk as it provides your team with some much needed speed and even some great bulk along with making a nice little volt turn core, I think either a scarfed variant to outspeed some of the current megas or a bulky SD one for after a bunch of them leave would be beneficial to this team. Next up you should have Recover > HP Fire and NeverMeltIce > Life Orb on Cryogonal as you need the recovery with a Pokemon like Cryogonal and then seeing as you have two ice moves which provides good coverage NeverMeltIce is better over Life Orb. Running a physically Defensive Uxie would also be better as it allows your team to have a pivot for any physical attackers. Lastly, you have some less than ideal spreads on Hariyama and Lanturn.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Adamant Nature

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature

Scyther sets (I would suggest using the Scarf version until the suspects are over and then switch to the bulky SD):

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off

Hope I helped ^.^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)