Who Said Hail Was a Bad Weather? Peaked 37th

Introduction (READ):

So, here I am again after 1 week once my old thread faded away. Speaking of my old thread, I felt like it was a team were you either loved it or hated it, got allot of mixed reactions with 5,000+ views. That team was very hard to become successful, with the limited amount of not used good Pokemon that I could choose from. It was different, and some people got mad, like why are you doing this, are you fucking stupid. Want to know the answer. I HATE the Pokemon Metagame the way it is right now. Exadrill, Tyranitar, Politoad, Gliscor, Scizor, Dragonite, Ferrothorn, Blissey, Rotom-W, and Latios. That's the game right now. I praise people without one of these Pokemon on their team. I'm not saying these Pokemon are horrible, exact opposite; there amazing. But it's used so much it doesn't make it fun, well at least for me. So, instead of the Sandstorm or Rain team, i'm going to do a successful Hail Team.

Let's get on track with Hail now. Apparently Japanese people hate hail. Like allot. In 5th gen, Sand, Drought, and Rain teams got so many good Pokemon with amazing abilities. Exadrill, Swift Swim, Gastrodon, Chlorophyll, Thunderous, Venusour, and SOOOO much more. Hail received nothing more than a few mediocre Ice Body and Snow Cloak abusers and Kyruem. No defense boosts, no new abilities, same amount of weaknesses. I don't blame people for not using hail teams as much, for heavens sake, it's a piece of shit. However, you can make hail teams magical.

K, i'm done ranting. Lets get started with my team. I am currently Peaked 37 on Smogon DW Server under the name "I Do It". Pretty good for a Hail team. This team had a few different versions, but as of now, it what you see above. I have the Hail includer (Abomosnow), A defensive beast in hail (Walrien), a Sp. Def god w/ Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin (Tentacruel), A fire sponge (Heatran), the king of hail (Kyruem), and the trick room rapist (Reunculus).

The team plays out with even variations of defense and attack. Personally one of the funnest and best teams I have created. I have a blast playing with this team, and every Pokemon has so much value to the team, if 1 dies to early it's not gunna look good for me. Lets get started.

Here it is:

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Avalanche

Underrated as hell. People think Abom sucks. It's not great, but solid. His stats are all average, sporting 90/75/85 defenses and decent 92/92/60 offenses. While being average isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it certainly isn’t a great thing, as Abomasnow has no outstanding stats to make use of his great movepool and decent offensive typing. Still, he could have been a lot worse, like Ninetales. There are so many sets to go with Abom; Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Lefties w/ Leech Seed, Hell, you can even do a Choice Specs. Blizzard, Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Focus Punch, Ice Shard, Giga Drain are fantastic options to use with it's sets. Most notably Abomasnow can sport two 120 base power STAB offensive moves, including Earthquake, which allows him to hit all opposing weather Pokemon for super effective damage.

So, with all the options I had, I went with Choice Band. Abomasnow with a Choice Band does reasonable damage and the combination of attacks will hit a lot of Pokemon. Make us for it's speed with Ice Shard. Does huge damage and OHKO's almost all types of sets for the weather includers. Great Set of move pool with it's Choice Band.

Unfortunately, Abomasnow bears the burden of several crippling weaknesses. Weakness to Rock, Fighting, Fire (4x), Steel, Poison, Bug and Flying give Abomasnow a total of seven weaknesses, and thus widens the radius of his problems due to how common six of those weaknesses are. Typing wise though, he has several boons in a resistance to Grass, Water, Electric and Ground, which should give him several opportunities to switch in and reset the weather considering if you have good teammates to go with Abomo. Abomasnow should have few problems covering his many weaknesses.

Damage Calc:
Abomasnow Ice Shard (40 Base Power) vs. Choice Band Haxourous (65.3% - 77.2%)
Abomasnow Ice Shard (40 Base Power) vs. Choice Band Draonite After Multiscale is destroyed by Hail (111.46% - 131.89%)
Abomasnow Ice Shard (40 Base Power) vs. Choice Scarf Latios (67.77% - 80.73%)
Abomasnow Wood Hammer (120 Base Power) vs. Bold 252HP 252 Def Tyraitar (95.11% - 110.99%) no one uses this set, just to show off
Abomasnow Wood Hammer (120 Base Power) vs. Bold 252HP 252 Def Hippodown (85.71% - 101.43%)
Abomasnow Earthquake (100 Base Power) vs. Bold 252HP 252 SpAtk Ninetales (97.71% - 120.29%)

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

3 words to describe Walrien. Hail Stall God. Walrein has cemented itself as a staple on hail stall teams, and still finding itself useful outside stall. Walrein only has a Water resist and a 4x Ice resist outside his incredibly-useless-for-hail ability; Thick Fat. While two resistances may seem less than spectacular, it's resistances are actually fairly handy. Walrein also has with him Ice Body, making for an incredible stalling walrus machine. With his better-than-Swampert defenses (thanks to his Hp) he is perfectly capable of tanking hits and recovering off damage. Allows 2 siesmic toss to break sub and restores 12.5% of HP per turn w/ lefties and Ice Body.

The classic stalling set, and still effective. The walrus recovers 12.5% of his health per turn with hail active and leftovers still attached. This means with a Substitute up he can Protect every other turn, recovering lost damage. Toxic helps the stalling phase and the 100% accurate Blizzard to hit hard.

He may run into slight difficulty with Taunt users. Taunt goes through Substitute now, and depending on what you run, it can make three of Walrein's moves entirely useless for three turns, more than likely forcing him to switch out. Walrein brings with him an Electric and Grass weakness along side the typical Ice dregs. However, Walrein’s weaknesses may actually prove helpful, providing Abomasnow the opportunity to switch in on lesser Grass and Electric attacks and get the hail going. Walrein also has a few other useful teammates that would not mind switching into its other weaknesses such as Heatran, and Tentacruel.

Damage Calc:
Heracross:
Choice Band Heracross Close Combat: 118.03% - 138.70%
Choice Scarf Heracross Close Combat: 79.09% - 93.03%
Choice Band Heracross Megahorn: 58.89% - 69.47%
Choice Band Heracross Stone Edge: 65.63% - 77.16%

So obviously, the only problem with Heracross is either GUTS Close Combat or Choice Band Close Combat. Prediction is key. As you can see this baby can take punches after punches.

Gyarados

Bulky Gyarados + Dragon Dance + Stone Edge: 54.81% - 64.42%
Bulky Gyarados + 2 DD + Stone Edge: 72.84% - 85.82%
Bulky Gyarados + 3 DD + Stone Edge: 90.87% - 106.97%

Lesson? Don't let Gyarados Dragon Dance 3 times while you do nothing. Lol. Even with a Dragon Dance, Gyarados is walled by this Walrein and you can start the subsitute/protect combo, and wait for 16 turns for Gyarados to die.

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Knock Off / Protect / something else

So, the Walrus was my def wall and stalling area of my defense. Tentacruel is the Rapid Spinnder, Toxic Spiker, and sponge for INFERAPE/BLASKIN weakness. So good at countering these 2 Pokemon that would rip apart my team.

Tentacruel has a great Fighting/Fire/Steel resistance, the ability to absorb Toxic Spikes (very important) and ability to Rapid Spin away other entry hazards. This generation Fighting-type Pokemon gained an amazing STAB recovery move in Drain Punch, Giga Drain got a boost and Mischievous Heart users are tossing Leech Seed left and right. His unique ability Liquid Ooze, he makes the perfect switch into these attacks, causing them to lose health instead of recover it. Every Hail team needs a Tentacruel.

Tentacruel will not be replace, but his last move can be replaceable. I just didn't know what to put it as. He has so many other choices.

Damage Calc:
NOTE THIS DAMAGE CALC IS FOR DEF OF EV OF 120. My tenta def is 204, meaning it will take the hits much better.
0 Atk Sassy Nattorei Power Whip (120 Base Power) vs.. 252 Hp/120 Def Bold Tentacruel (37.1% - 44%)
+0 252 Atk Adamant Roobushin Drain Punch (75 Base power) vs. 252 Hp/ 120 Def Bold Tentacruel (21.4% - 25.3%)
+0 252 Atk Adamant Roobushin Payback (100 Base power) vs. 252 Hp/ 120 Def Bold Tentacruel (38.2% - 45.1%)

0 Atk Nattorei Power Whip (120 Base Power) vs. 252 Hp/120 Def Calm Tentacruel (40.7% - 48.1%)
+0 252 Atk Adamant Roobushin Drain Punch (75 Base power) vs. 252 Hp/ 120 Def Calm Tentacruel (23.4% - 27.7%)
+0 252 Atk Adamant Roobushin Payback (100 Base power) vs. 252 Hp/ 120 Def Calm Tentacruel (42% - 49.5%)

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This Pokemon has to be on every Hail team. EVERY. Heatran returns, his same typing and stats that put him in high OU proving to be just as useful. 91/106/106 defenses are great, making him rather bulky. 90/130/77 offenses may leave a little to be desired, his 130 base Special Attack stat cannot be ignored, and can actually be compared with the massive power creep this generation has had. With Fire Blast, Overheat, Lava Plume, Earth Power, Dragon Pulse, Stealth Rock, Torment, Taunt, Roar, Will-O-Wisp, Rest, Sleep Talk, and an amazing ability in Flash Fire, Heatran should be considered for each and every hail team with it's amazing movepool.

Basically jump in on a fire move, get the boost and spam Fire Blasts every where. The Balloon is a blessing on Heatran. Hidden Power [Grass] lets him hit bulky water Pokemon like Swampert, Gastrodon, and Quagsire. Dragon Pulse to freak out Dragon Types locked into outrage.

A 4x resistance to Steel, Grass, Bug, Ice and 2x resistances to Normal, Flying, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and Dragon, gives Heatran plentiful amount of resistances to work with, and he has only 3 weaknesses in exchange. Unfortunately, those weaknesses can be quite bad for him. A Fighting weakness puts him in the same situation many other members on a hail team suffer from. His Water and Ground weaknesses are easily manageable.

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Focus Blast

King of the team. Kyurem. The new long sought after Ice/Dragon of Generation 5. Kyurem wields in his tiny claws the highest offensive mixed stats of all Ice-type Pokemon (its offensive stats matching Mamoswine’s attack and Glaceon’s special attack respectively), as well as the second highest mixed attacking stats of all Dragon-type Pokemon (being only surpassed by Rayquaza and succeeding Giratina-O). Kyurem’s 95 base speed allows him to outrun his Black and White counterparts, as well as a good portion of the Uber tier. With such fantastic selling points, why exactly is Kyurem so looked down on?

Move set is common other than HP Electric. It was just a filler. Could be replaced with HP Ground. Focus Blast takes care of those steels who think they can wall me. The scarf allows the greatest revenge killer in the game. So mother F'in fast. Not much to say, other than godly.

His Ice/Dragon typing is also somewhat of a curse despite its blessing, leaving him with few resistances to switch into and some weaknesses to deal with. His speed is normally horrible, but with a scarf, have fun outspending it. I could go with a mixed set. Mabey?

Damage Calc:
Kyurem Blizzard (120 Base Power) vs. Specially Defensive Skarmory (65.3% - 77.2%)
Kyurem Blizzard (120 Base Power) vs. Physically Defensive Skarmory (96.4% - 113.8%)

Kyurem Draco Meteor (140 Base Power) vs. 252 Hp/252 Def Bold Blissey (57.1% - 67.4%)
Kyurem Draco Meteor (140 Base Power) vs. 252 Def/252 SDef Calm Blissey (68.6% - 80.7%)
Kyurem Draco Meteor (140 Base Power) vs. 252 Hp/252 Def Bold Chansey @ Evolution Stone (42.3% - 50%)

Kyurem Blizzard (120 Base Power) vs. 252 Hp/196 Def Sassy Nattorei (46.9% - 55.4%)
Kyurem Draco Meteor (140 Base Power) vs. 252 Hp/ 252 Def Bold Burungeru (50% - 58.9%)

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 102 SpDef
0 Speed IV's
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

I have allot of fighting weaknesses, don't get mad, its a hail team for havens sake. But Tentacruel and Reuniclus stops any fighting type Pokemon together. This baby boasts 110/75/85 defenses, which is great. His special attack stat is 125, rivaling Alakazam and Gengar’s by a mere ten and five points respectively. Rankurusu’s movepool is similar to the type of movepool we see with normal Pokemon, making it large, deep, and full of surprises. Many people look at its base 30 speed and get a little disappointed, but it does have the option of running Trick Room, making him lightning fast in comparison to the opposing Pokemon, while also lending a hand to some of the speed-challenged Pokemon on a hail team.

Defensive Trick Room Rankurusu. It works great on a hail team rather effectively, setting up on offensive threats like Roobushin or Doryuuzu, quickly turning the tables on both of them. The options are many, and the room for all of them is limited to four. Coverage are, Focus Blast and Shadow Ball are in the pot. Focus Blast lets Rankurusu hit Doryuzuu and Dark Pursuit users, so he isn’t totally trapped.

Nothing is wrong with this babe. Ties the team together. Mabey change it to offensive Trick Room?

Damage Calc:
Adamant 252 Atk Roobushin Drain Punch (75 Base Power): (16% - 19.1%)
Adamant 252 Atk Roobushin Stone Edge (100 Base Power): (28.5% - 33.7%)
Adamant 252 Atk Roobushin Payback (100 Base Power): (57.1% - 67.5%)
Adamant 252 Atk Roobushin Payback (50 Base Power): (28.8% - 34%)

(+1) Adamant 252 Atk Roobushin Drain Punch (75 Base Power): 24.1% - 28.3%
(+1) Adamant 252 Atk Roobushin Stone Edge (100 Base Power): (42.7% - 50.5%)
(+1) Adamant 252 Atk Roobushin Payback (100 Base Power): (85.4% - 100.9%)
(+1) Adamant 252 Atk Roobushin Payback (50 Base Power): (42.9% - 50.9%)

Adamant 252 Atk Doryuuzu Earthquake (100 Base Power): (41.7% - 49.1%)

What You Do Back
Psyshock (90 Base Power) vs. 252 Hp/ 0 SDef Roobushin: (79.2% - 93.4%)
Focus Blast (120 Base Power) vs. 0/0 Doryuzuu: (82% - 97%)

Conclusion:

There it is. I love Hail teams because you only see them 4% of the time in PO. It's a great team and I use it cuz this is one of the funnest teams I have ever played with. It had allot of fighting weaknesses but I patched it up as much as I could. Currently I have pnly tested this team for 2 days and already peaked 67th. Thanks for reading and rate!

=====================================================================================================

SO, I was on the Smogon Surver and I ran into a game with Shofu with this team. The real one, and his friend PK was there to. I got the Log and it was one of the greatest battles I have ever played in. For visual people I have the battle logs in the link!

Link for Shofu Battle: http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Left-Brain-vs-I-Do-It--2011-10-01

Battle Log Vs shofu.. Yes the real one:
Battle between I Do It and Left Brain started!

Tier: Dream World OU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +12, -20
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Abomasnow / Walrein / Tentacruel / Heatran / Kyurem / Gengar
Opponent's team: Deoxys-S / Breloom / Tyranitar / Chandelure / Genesect / Excadrill

Left Brain sent out Genesect!
I Do It sent out Abomasnow!
The foe's Genesect's Download activates!
The foe's Genesect's Attack rose!
Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!
Left Brain: boi

Start of turn 1
I Do It called Abomasnow back!
I Do It sent out Heatran!

Heatran is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Genesect used U-turn!
It's not very effective...
A critical hit!
Heatran lost 74 HP! (22% of its health)
Heatran's Air Balloon popped!
PokemonKing4Life is watching the battle.
PokemonKing4Life: i just faced this guy
PokemonKing4Life: lol
I Do It: lol
Left Brain called Genesect back!
Left Brain sent out Excadrill!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Excadrill is buffeted by the hail!
Heatran is buffeted by the hail!

Start of turn 2
Left Brain called Excadrill back!
Left Brain sent out Chandelure!

Heatran used Fire Blast!
The foe's Chandelure lost 45% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Chandelure is buffeted by the hail!
Left Brain: .

Start of turn 3
Left Brain called Chandelure back!
Left Brain sent out Tyranitar!

The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 30% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 4
I Do It called Heatran back!

The foe's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around I Do It's team!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Tyranitar is buffeted by the hail!

Start of turn 5
Abomasnow used Wood Hammer!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 63% of its health!
The foe's Tyranitar fainted!
Abomasnow is hit with recoil!

Hail continues to fall!
PokemonKing4Life: smashed
PokemonKing4Life: LOL
Left Brain sent out Breloom!

Trojan Condoms is watching the battle.
PokemonKing4Life: torn
Trojan Condoms: what

Start of turn 6
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

The foe's Breloom used Spore!
Heatran fell asleep!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Breloom is buffeted by the hail!
PokemonKing4Life: shofu bout to lose he lost big tar
Trojan Condoms: gg

Start of turn 7
Pointed stones dug into Abomasnow!

The foe's Breloom used Bullet Seed!
Abomasnow lost 46 HP! (11% of its health)
A critical hit!
Abomasnow lost 85 HP! (22% of its health)
Hit 2 times!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 8
The foe's Breloom used Mach Punch!
It's super effective!
Abomasnow lost 73 HP! (19% of its health)
Abomasnow fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: This is Shofu?
PokemonKing4Life: hold up
PokemonKing4Life: gengar
I Do It sent out Kyurem!
Pointed stones dug into Kyurem!

Kyurem is exerting its Pressure!
PokemonKing4Life: ,
Left Brain: Wow (BAN ME PLEASE)
Trojan Condoms: LOL
I Do It: I love you
Trojan Condoms: LOLOLOLO
PokemonKing4Life: LOLOLOL
PokemonKing4Life: LLOLOLOLOLL
Left Brain: PK you're a bitch
PokemonKing4Life: i didnt kno
PokemonKing4Life: he knew u
PokemonKing4Life: :]
I Do It: <3
I Do It: greatest moment of my life

Start of turn 9
It's super effective!
Left Brain: lolwut
Kyurem lost 252 HP! (64% of its health)

Kyurem used Blizzard!
It's super effective!
The foe's Breloom lost 81% of its health!
The foe's Breloom fainted!

Hail continues to fall!

The foe's Genesect's Sp. Att. rose!
PokemonKing4Life: weak ass loom

Start of turn 10
I Do It called Kyurem back!

Heatran lost 23 HP! (7% of its health)
PokemonKing4Life: u dont even have orb :[
Trojan Condoms: logs saved :]

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 11

I Do It sent out Tentacruel!
Pointed stones dug into Tentacruel!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Genesect is buffeted by the hail!
Tentacruel is buffeted by the hail!
Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Genesect used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 240 HP! (65% of its health)

Tentacruel used Scald!
The foe's Genesect lost 32% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 13
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 79 HP! (21% of its health)
Tentacruel fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It sent out Kyurem!
Kyurem fainted!

I Do It sent out Gengar!
Pointed stones dug into Gengar!

Start of turn 14
Gengar lost 193 HP! (73% of its health)

Gengar used Focus Blast!
The foe's Genesect lost 49% of its health!
The foe's Genesect fainted!
Gengar is hurt by its Life Orb!

Hail continues to fall!
Gengar is buffeted by the hail!
Gengar fainted!

I Do It sent out Walrein!
Pointed stones dug into Walrein!

Start of turn 15
Walrein used Protect!
Walrein protected itself!

The foe's Chandelure used Energy Ball!

Hail continues to fall!
Walrein's Ice Body heals it!
Walrein restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 16
It's super effective!
Walrein lost 206 HP! (48% of its health)

Walrein used Toxic!
The foe's Chandelure was poisoned!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Chandelure is hurt by poison!
I Do It: inb4 stall

Start of turn 17
Left Brain sent out Deoxys-S!

The foe's Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!
Walrein used Protect!
But it failed!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Deoxys-S is buffeted by the hail!
PokemonKing4Life: shoulda subbed

Start of turn 18
Walrein used Protect!

The foe's Deoxys-S used Zen Headbutt!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 19
The foe's Deoxys-S used Superpower!
It's super effective!
PokemonKing4Life: power :]
Walrein lost 188 HP! (44% of its health)
The foe's Deoxys-S's Attack fell!
The foe's Deoxys-S's Defense fell!

Walrein used Toxic!
The foe's Deoxys-S was poisoned!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Deoxys-S is hurt by poison!
PokemonKing4Life: weak
Trojan Condoms: ez
PokemonKing4Life: its over
I Do It: inb4 sub

Start of turn 20
Walrein used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 21
It's super effective!
Walrein lost 128 HP! (30% of its health)

Walrein used Substitute!
Walrein made a substitute!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: few

Start of turn 22
Walrein used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: fuck
I Do It: i need 1 more protect
PokemonKing4Life: no
PokemonKing4Life: u dont need it
PokemonKing4Life: sub man
I Do It: i feel like your trolling me

Start of turn 23
Walrein used Protect!
But it failed!

It's super effective!
Walrein's substitute took the damage!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Deoxys-S fainted!
PokemonKing4Life: :]]]]]]]]]]]

PokemonKing4Life: see

Start of turn 24
Walrein used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 25
It's super effective!
Walrein's substitute faded!

Walrein used Substitute!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Chandelure fainted!

I Do It: gg shofu <3
PokemonKing4Life: stallrein
PokemonKing4Life: aint playin
I Do It: wtf
I Do It: thats not your last pokemon

Start of turn 26
Walrein used Protect!

The foe's Excadrill used Earthquake!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: please freeze

Start of turn 27
The foe's Excadrill is hurt by its Life Orb!

Walrein used Blizzard!
The foe's Excadrill lost 56% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!
Trojan Condoms stopped watching the battle.

Start of turn 28
Walrein used Protect!

The foe's Excadrill used Rock Slide!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: gg

Start of turn 29
Walrein used Protect!
But it failed!

It's super effective!
A critical hit!
PokemonKing4Life: crit
PokemonKing4Life: LOLOL
Walrein lost 312 HP! (73% of its health)
Walrein fainted!
PokemonKing4Life: LLOLOLO
The foe's Excadrill fainted!

I Do It won the battle!

Hahahah, I got into a battle with PokemonKing4Life as well, AKA the famous PK. Another amazing game.

Battle Log Against PK. http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-PokemonKing4Life-vs-I-Do-It--2011-10-01

LOG:

Battle between I Do It and PokemonKing4Life started!

Variation: +18, -14

Opponent's team: Ninetales / Venusaur / Heatran / Sawsbuck-Summer / Victini / Donphan

PokemonKing4Life sent out Sawsbuck-Sum! (Sawsbuck-Summer)

Start of turn 1
PokemonKing4Life called Sawsbuck-Sum back!
PokemonKing4Life sent out Ninetales!

The foe's Ninetales is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Ninetales's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
I Do It sent out Gengar!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 2
Gengar used Substitute!
Gengar made a substitute!

The foe's Ninetales used Flamethrower!
Gengar's substitute faded!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 3
PokemonKing4Life called Ninetales back!
PokemonKing4Life sent out Sawsbuck-Sum! (Sawsbuck-Summer)

Gengar used Substitute!
Gengar made a substitute!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 4
The foe's Sawsbuck-Sum used Horn Leech!
A critical hit!
Gengar's substitute faded!
Gengar had its energy drained!
The foe's Sawsbuck-Sum is hurt by its Life Orb!

Gengar used Focus Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Sawsbuck-Sum lost 90% of its health!
The foe's Sawsbuck-Sum fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
PokemonKing4Life sent out Venusaur!

Start of turn 5
The foe's Venusaur used Hidden Power!
Gengar lost 105 HP! (40% of its health)
Gengar fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 6
The foe's Venusaur used Sunny Day!
The sunlight turned harsh!

Abomasnow used Avalanche!
It's super effective!
The foe's Venusaur lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Venusaur fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
PokemonKing4Life sent out Heatran!

The foe's Heatran is floating on a balloon!

Start of turn 7

The foe's Heatran used Taunt!
Heatran fell for the taunt!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 8
PokemonKing4Life called Heatran back!
PokemonKing4Life sent out Donphan!

Heatran used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Donphan lost 64% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Donphan restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 9
The foe's Donphan used Ice Shard!
Heatran lost 8 HP! (2% of its health)

Heatran used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Donphan lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Donphan fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
PokemonKing4Life sent out Heatran!

The foe's Heatran is floating on a balloon!

Start of turn 10
It had no effect!

The foe's Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 315 HP! (97% of its health)
Heatran fainted!

The sunlight faded!
I Do It: omfg misclick

Trojan Condoms: :]

Start of turn 11

The foe's Heatran used Magma Storm!
Tentacruel lost 68 HP! (18% of its health)

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Heatran is buffeted by the hail!
Tentacruel was hurt by Magma Storm!

Start of turn 12
Tentacruel used Acid Spray!
It had no effect!

The foe's Heatran used Taunt!
Tentacruel fell for the taunt!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 13
Tentacruel used Scald!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 28% of its health!
The foe's Heatran's Air Balloon popped!

The foe's Heatran used Will-O-Wisp!
Tentacruel was burned!

Hail continues to fall!
Tentacruel is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 14
Tentacruel used Scald!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 27% of its health!

The foe's Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 144 HP! (39% of its health)

Hail continues to fall!
Tentacruel is hurt by its burn!
Tentacruel fainted!
I Do It sent out Kyurem!

Start of turn 15
Kyurem used Dragon Pulse!
The foe's Heatran lost 15% of its health!

The foe's Heatran used Magma Storm!
Kyurem lost 186 HP! (47% of its health)

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Heatran fainted!

Start of turn 16

PokemonKing4Life sent out Victini!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Victini is buffeted by the hail!

Start of turn 17
The foe's Victini used V-create!
It's super effective!
Abomasnow lost 384 HP! (100% of its health)
Abomasnow fainted!
The foe's Victini's Speed fell!
The foe's Victini's Defense fell!
The foe's Victini's Sp. Def. fell!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Victini is buffeted by the hail!
I Do It sent out Kyurem!

Start of turn 18
PokemonKing4Life called Victini back!

Kyurem used Draco Meteor!
The attack of Kyurem missed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 19
The foe's Ninetales lost 72% of its health!
The foe's Ninetales's Air Balloon popped!
Kyurem's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The foe's Ninetales used Will-O-Wisp!
Kyurem was burned!

The sunlight is strong!
Kyurem is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 20

The foe's Victini lost 41% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 21

Walrein lost 316 HP! (74% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 22
Walrein used Protect!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 23
Walrein lost 160 HP! (37% of its health)
Walrein fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
I Do It sent out Kyurem!

Start of turn 24
PokemonKing4Life called Victini back!

The foe's Ninetales lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Ninetales fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 25
Kyurem lost 59 HP! (15% of its health)
Kyurem fainted!

PokemonKing4Life won the battle!
PokemonKing4Life: I dont lose son
I Do It: you got lucky
PokemonKing4Life: gg

Export:
Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Avalanche

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Knock Off

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First of all, I'm going to have to say I absolutely LOVE that Abomasnow. It'll fuck so many Ninetails switchins its not even funny.

The main problem with your team is the quad weakness to the plethora of fighting types that are present. Yeah, you got Reuniclus and Tentacruel, but with no recovery, how many Close Combats can the two take? Abomasnow and Heatran are must haves, and Kyurem appears to be a more valuable member, so Walrein is the one who'll get the axe. Volcorona can absolutely rampage through this team, since Heatran does not carry a status move. I suggest running a Choice Scarf Landorus in its place. Landorus was never going to survive a Blizzard anyways, so that part doesn't matter. Lando gives you a way to take out Volcorona on the revenge kill. If you feel you don't want so many choiced pokes on one team. I suggest using a Resttalk Gyarados instead. Who offers similar resistances, and while not as offensively dominant, can shuffle poison through phazing.

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force
Naive
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hidden Power Ice
U-Turn

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish
248 Hp/ 252 Def/ 8 SpD
Waterfall
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar/ Dragon Tail

I also suggest running Stealth Rock over HP Grass on Heatran. You've already got Obama pummeling Bulky Waters, and there's really no reason not to run SR for any team, just having it gives your team the advantage.

Maybe you should run roar over HP Grass on Heatran, to annoy volca. my only suggestion is to maybe change Reuni to a CM Version. goes like this:

name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Recover
move 3: Psychic / Psyshock
move 4: Focus Blast
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

For tentacruel, i'd say Acid Spray for the last slot. it stops you from being set up on by volcarona, and can be useful for scouting switches, allowing you to do lots of damage next turn. it also really helps vs Blissey

Last thing, ill also say that there are better options that HP Electric on Kyurem. i'd say Ice beam (for when hail isn't up) or Dragon Pulse (so you dont have to hit-and-run with DMeteor, or if you need a more reliable STAB move that can just pick off weakened shit)

good luck

Dream World?

I think 252 Spe EV Breloom with SD and Mach Punch can sweep the team easily especially you give no speed to Tentacruel.

IMO, you needn't use Walrein or Kyurem when you use Hail team, it just brings you more common weakness. Heatran is great for Hail teams.

I suggest that ditch one of Walrein and Kyurem for Glisor or Dragonite/Salamence, they give you important Ground immunity and fighting resistance.

Also, give Heatran Leftover and Reuniclus Recover and a defensive/setup set.

Why not have Gengar as a spin blocker because this team is well built and you are lacking sweepers so here the set

Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Absolutely nothing you have can take on Scrafty. Kyurem switching in to Scrafty falls to an unboosted Drain Punch, and Reuniclus' uninvested Focus Blast is a joke.

Using a more offensive Trick Room Reuniclus helps you with this problem, as Scrafty's Dark STABs are too weak to take down Reuniclus before goes down. Kudos to your team.

@Above: Honestly Gengar is too fragile to be on a Hail Team, and he doesn't really need a Spinblocker.

Absolutely nothing you have can take on Scrafty. Kyurem switching in to Scrafty falls to an unboosted Drain Punch, and Reuniclus' uninvested Focus Blast is a joke.

Using a more offensive Trick Room Reuniclus helps you with this problem, as Scrafty's Dark STABs are too weak to take down Reuniclus before goes down. Kudos to your team.

@Above: Honestly Gengar is too fragile to be on a Hail Team, and he doesn't really need a Spinblocker.
Really cause I just tested this team with Gengar and it does through teams at late game also this isn't a hail stall team so fragile has nothing to do with anything. Though you are right about Gengar being fragile but with Focus blast it can OHKO Heatran with ease.

^ But Hail is an uncommon weather to begin with. He can't really break away from Abomasnow + Kyurem/Walrein without failing at it.

Also, sorry, I forgot to consider Gengar as a potent lategame sweeper on this team.

First of all, I'm going to have to say I absolutely LOVE that Abomasnow. It'll fuck so many Ninetails switchins its not even funny.

The main problem with your team is the quad weakness to the plethora of fighting types that are present. Yeah, you got Reuniclus and Tentacruel, but with no recovery, how many Close Combats can the two take? Abomasnow and Heatran are must haves, and Kyurem appears to be a more valuable member, so Walrein is the one who'll get the axe. Volcorona can absolutely rampage through this team, since Heatran does not carry a status move. I suggest running a Choice Scarf Landorus in its place. Landorus was never going to survive a Blizzard anyways, so that part doesn't matter. Lando gives you a way to take out Volcorona on the revenge kill. If you feel you don't want so many choiced pokes on one team. I suggest using a Resttalk Gyarados instead. Who offers similar resistances, and while not as offensively dominant, can shuffle poison through phazing.

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force
Naive
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Hidden Power Ice
U-Turn

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish
248 Hp/ 252 Def/ 8 SpD
Waterfall
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar/ Dragon Tail

I also suggest running Stealth Rock over HP Grass on Heatran. You've already got Obama pummeling Bulky Waters, and there's really no reason not to run SR for any team, just having it gives your team the advantage.

Haha, Yeah, I love the set for abom as well. Volcarona can rampage through this team, fighting types I can manage. I will definitively test Landourous out. Heatran is a very mportant member to this team so i'm kinda scared.

Maybe you should run roar over HP Grass on Heatran, to annoy volca. my only suggestion is to maybe change Reuni to a CM Version. goes like this:

name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Recover
move 3: Psychic / Psyshock
move 4: Focus Blast
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

For tentacruel, i'd say Acid Spray for the last slot. it stops you from being set up on by volcarona, and can be useful for scouting switches, allowing you to do lots of damage next turn. it also really helps vs Blissey

Last thing, ill also say that there are better options that HP Electric on Kyurem. i'd say Ice beam (for when hail isn't up) or Dragon Pulse (so you dont have to hit-and-run with DMeteor, or if you need a more reliable STAB move that can just pick off weakened shit)

good luck

Calm Mind Reunculus will help out with it's recovery. Def test it out. For tTntaruel Acid Spray was changed and for Kyurem I changed it to Dragon Pulse. Thanks for the rate!

Dream World?

I think 252 Spe EV Breloom with SD and Mach Punch can sweep the team easily especially you give no speed to Tentacruel.

IMO, you needn't use Walrein or Kyurem when you use Hail team, it just brings you more common weakness. Heatran is great for Hail teams.

I suggest that ditch one of Walrein and Kyurem for Glisor or Dragonite/Salamence, they give you important Ground immunity and fighting resistance.

Also, give Heatran Leftover and Reuniclus Recover and a defensive/setup set.
It was originally Dream World because I had an Ice Body Regice. Breloom without sub can't do much. Focus Punch Loom shits on my team. I will either try Gliscor and Draonite. Will try the recover set for Reunculus. Heatran's Air Bloon has saved me plenty of games so i'm hesitant on taking it away. Thanks for the rate!

Why not have Gengar as a spin blocker because this team is well built and you are lacking sweepers so here the set

Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split
Gengar could be a very nice late game sweeper. Resits both Earthquake and fighting moves. I'll try it out.

Yeah, Scrafty fucks a hail team. I'm testing a offensive Trick Room Reunculus right now. Thanks for the rate!

sand team: excadrill, tyranitar, rotom, latios, some grass type and a physical wall
hail team:kyurem,avomasnow, walrein, reuniclus, water type that resists fighting, something else
its true you know...
ok, uh good team, for tentacruel the last move you could run blizzard i thiunk he gets it or acid spray or acid whatever its called it sharply lowers sp. defense always i think bae 40 or 50. maybe giga drain as well for unseen recovery.

That was not my point. After 2 Hours straight of playing in DW OU. I only saw 1 Hail team, 5 Sandteams, 3 Rain teams, and 2 drought team, and a few clear sky's team. Does'nt that say anything?

^ But Hail is an uncommon weather to begin with. He can't really break away from Abomasnow + Kyurem/Walrein without failing at it.

Also, sorry, I forgot to consider Gengar as a potent lategame sweeper on this team.
Thanks for clearing that up.

SO, I was on the Smogon Surver and I ran into a game with Shofu. The real one, and his friend PK was there to. I got the Log and it was one of the greatest battles I have ever played in. A must watch. Ill try to get it on a replay viewer

Battle Log Vs shofu.. Yes the real one:
Battle between I Do It and Left Brain started!

Variation: +12, -20

Opponent's team: Deoxys-S / Breloom / Tyranitar / Chandelure / Genesect / Excadrill

The foe's Genesect's Attack rose!
Left Brain: boi

Start of turn 1

A critical hit!
Heatran lost 74 HP! (22% of its health)
PokemonKing4Life is watching the battle.
PokemonKing4Life: i just faced this guy
I Do It: lol

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 2

Heatran used Fire Blast!
The foe's Chandelure lost 45% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 3
Left Brain sent out Tyranitar!

The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 30% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 4

The foe's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around I Do It's team!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Tyranitar is buffeted by the hail!

Start of turn 5
Abomasnow used Wood Hammer!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 63% of its health!
The foe's Tyranitar fainted!
Abomasnow is hit with recoil!

Hail continues to fall!
PokemonKing4Life: smashed
Left Brain sent out Breloom!

PokemonKing4Life: torn
Trojan Condoms: what

Start of turn 6

The foe's Breloom used Spore!
Heatran fell asleep!

Hail continues to fall!
PokemonKing4Life: shofu bout to lose he lost big tar
Trojan Condoms: gg

Start of turn 7
Pointed stones dug into Abomasnow!

The foe's Breloom used Bullet Seed!
Abomasnow lost 46 HP! (11% of its health)
A critical hit!
Abomasnow lost 85 HP! (22% of its health)
Hit 2 times!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 8
It's super effective!
Abomasnow lost 73 HP! (19% of its health)
Abomasnow fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: This is Shofu?
PokemonKing4Life: gengar
I Do It sent out Kyurem!

Left Brain: Wow (BAN ME PLEASE)
I Do It: I love you
Trojan Condoms: LOLOLOLO
PokemonKing4Life: LOLOLOL
PokemonKing4Life: LLOLOLOLOLL
Left Brain: PK you're a bitch
PokemonKing4Life: i didnt kno
PokemonKing4Life: he knew u
I Do It: <3
I Do It: greatest moment of my life

Start of turn 9
It's super effective!
Left Brain: lolwut
Kyurem lost 252 HP! (64% of its health)

Kyurem used Blizzard!
It's super effective!
The foe's Breloom lost 81% of its health!
The foe's Breloom fainted!

Hail continues to fall!

PokemonKing4Life: weak ass loom

Start of turn 10

Heatran lost 23 HP! (7% of its health)
PokemonKing4Life: u dont even have orb :[
Trojan Condoms: logs saved :]

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 11

Pointed stones dug into Tentacruel!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 12
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 240 HP! (65% of its health)

Tentacruel used Scald!
The foe's Genesect lost 32% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 13
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 79 HP! (21% of its health)
Tentacruel fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It sent out Kyurem!
Kyurem fainted!

I Do It sent out Gengar!
Pointed stones dug into Gengar!

Start of turn 14
Gengar lost 193 HP! (73% of its health)

Gengar used Focus Blast!
The foe's Genesect lost 49% of its health!
The foe's Genesect fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
Gengar is buffeted by the hail!
Gengar fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Walrein!

Start of turn 15
Walrein used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 16
It's super effective!
Walrein lost 206 HP! (48% of its health)

Walrein used Toxic!
The foe's Chandelure was poisoned!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: inb4 stall

Start of turn 17
Left Brain sent out Deoxys-S!

The foe's Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!
Walrein used Protect!
But it failed!

Hail continues to fall!
PokemonKing4Life: shoulda subbed

Start of turn 18
Walrein used Protect!

The foe's Deoxys-S used Zen Headbutt!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 19
It's super effective!
PokemonKing4Life: power :]
Walrein lost 188 HP! (44% of its health)

Walrein used Toxic!
The foe's Deoxys-S was poisoned!

Hail continues to fall!
PokemonKing4Life: weak
Trojan Condoms: ez
PokemonKing4Life: its over
I Do It: inb4 sub

Start of turn 20
Walrein used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 21
It's super effective!
Walrein lost 128 HP! (30% of its health)

Walrein used Substitute!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: few

Start of turn 22
Walrein used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: fuck
I Do It: i need 1 more protect
PokemonKing4Life: no
PokemonKing4Life: u dont need it
PokemonKing4Life: sub man
I Do It: i feel like your trolling me

Start of turn 23
Walrein used Protect!
But it failed!

It's super effective!
Walrein's substitute took the damage!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Deoxys-S fainted!
PokemonKing4Life: :]]]]]]]]]]]

PokemonKing4Life: see

Start of turn 24
Walrein used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!

Start of turn 25
It's super effective!

Walrein used Substitute!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Chandelure fainted!

I Do It: gg shofu <3
PokemonKing4Life: stallrein
PokemonKing4Life: aint playin
I Do It: wtf
I Do It: thats not your last pokemon

Start of turn 26
Walrein used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: please freeze

Start of turn 27

Walrein used Blizzard!
The foe's Excadrill lost 56% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!
Trojan Condoms stopped watching the battle.

Start of turn 28
Walrein used Protect!

Hail continues to fall!
I Do It: gg

Start of turn 29
Walrein used Protect!
But it failed!

It's super effective!
A critical hit!
PokemonKing4Life: crit
PokemonKing4Life: LOLOL
Walrein lost 312 HP! (73% of its health)
Walrein fainted!
PokemonKing4Life: LLOLOLO
The foe's Excadrill fainted!

I Do It won the battle!

Hey there pretty solid team not much to fix tho. I'd suggest running a Calm Mind variant for Reuniclus w/ Bold 252 HP 252 Def 4 SAtk, Shadow Ball / Psyshock / Calm Mind / Recover. Other than that solid team. Good Luck!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A Hail team such as yours would have a hard time dispatching Reuniclus imo. I second making Reuniclus more offensive with Life Orb to hopefully manage that weakness.

You did a great job at patching up main weaknesses of Hail teams, such as its Fighting and Fire weakness. Your team still has a gaping hole against Rock Types, such as CBTar and Terrakion.

I think your team will do well replacing Walrein for another defensive mon that can still handle Sand threats. Physically-defensive Quagsire may be a good option, providing you with a solid Rock resist, as well as providing you a good check against set-up Sweepers. Alternatively Bronzong may provide you with a solid Sand check, as well as the solid Steel resistance, putting pressure off of your Heatran. It can also set-up SR, which is a plus to check Sun / Volcarona.

Since you rely on Heatran to primarily counter Volcarona, I'd suggest replacing HP Grass for Metal Sound, Roar, or Toxic. Metal Sound will cut through the Sp Def boost from Quiver Dance, letting Heatran's FBlast to bite hard. Roar phazes Volca out and Toxic let's you poison Volca in an event that Toxic Spikes were removed via Rapid Spin. All three of these moves have utility outside of countering Volcarona, so I hope you consider these options.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ohhh Ohhh Pocket. That Metal Sound Heatran sounds interesting. It can cause a ton of switches because nobody wants to be at -2 taking Flash Fire boosted Fire Blasts, not even Blissey, so it'll probably work great on Spikestacking teams. It also might let it plow through pokes that it would normally lose to. Although I'm not sure what. Can you explain in a little more detail how it works?

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, NWO, that's exactly how it can work.

Cool watch, k13, seems like you misplayed against that Heatran, which may have costed you the game.

I see that you're testing Acid Spray on Tentacruel, which would help you against most Volcarona. However, if it's a Sub variant, then a Drought-nerfed Scald wont break Volca's Sub, so beware.

Hey there pretty solid team not much to fix tho. I'd suggest running a Calm Mind variant for Reuniclus w/ Bold 252 HP 252 Def 4 SAtk, Shadow Ball / Psyshock / Calm Mind / Recover. Other than that solid team. Good Luck!
Thanks for the rate! I tried offensive TR Reunclus and it didn't work out too well. I try this set now. Gengar is the one to beat on this position ATM.

A Hail team such as yours would have a hard time dispatching Reuniclus imo. I second making Reuniclus more offensive with Life Orb to hopefully manage that weakness.

You did a great job at patching up main weaknesses of Hail teams, such as its Fighting and Fire weakness. Your team still has a gaping hole against Rock Types, such as CBTar and Terrakion.

I think your team will do well replacing Walrein for another defensive mon that can still handle Sand threats. Physically-defensive Quagsire may be a good option, providing you with a solid Rock resist, as well as providing you a good check against set-up Sweepers. Alternatively Bronzong may provide you with a solid Sand check, as well as the solid Steel resistance, putting pressure off of your Heatran. It can also set-up SR, which is a plus to check Sun / Volcarona.

Since you rely on Heatran to primarily counter Volcarona, I'd suggest replacing HP Grass for Metal Sound, Roar, or Toxic. Metal Sound will cut through the Sp Def boost from Quiver Dance, letting Heatran's FBlast to bite hard. Roar phazes Volca out and Toxic let's you poison Volca in an event that Toxic Spikes were removed via Rapid Spin. All three of these moves have utility outside of countering Volcarona, so I hope you consider these options.

I'm kinda freaked out on changing Walrien cuz he's won me more games than I can count. But for the Heatran Metal sound set you gave me i'm def gunna try out. Looks amazingly fun!

Cool watch, k13, seems like you misplayed against that Heatran, which may have costed you the game.

I see that you're testing Acid Spray on Tentacruel, which would help you against most Volcarona. However, if it's a Sub variant, then a Drought-nerfed Scald wont break Volca's Sub, so beware.

Yeah, both games were so fun and every move counted.

Pocket

I'm not too much of a fan of Gengar. You don't really need a spinblocker, since Walrein already has Toxic anyways. It doesn't help much with your weakness to Terrakion, CBTar, and Reuniclus either. LO + Sub + Hail damage is lots of passive damage being racked up.

After seeing some of the replays, I can understand why you are reluctant to remove Walrein. If that's the case, I'd replace Gengar / Reuniclus for Jirachi.

Jirachi @ Lefties
Psychic | Iron Head | Thunder Wave | Wish
252 HP | 140 Def | 116 SDef | Relaxed Nature

Not the conventional set, but I think it would be a good fit for this team. Jirachi is made physically defensive to take 2 Close Combats from an Air Balloon Terrakion comfortably. Jirachi can then paralyze it and Iron Head. Psychic lets it finish off Conkeldurrs. It still has enough bulk to absorb Focus Blasts from Reuniclus and a +2 LO Tbolt from Thundurus. The Wish + paralysis support would come in handy for a relatively slow team such as yours. Yes, T-Wave clashes with the toxi-stalling tactics of Walrein, but that's the most reliable way of taking down Reuniclus / Alakazam, who doesn't care much about Poison.

Replace Walrein with Gengar, Walrein is extremely redundant and doesn't do much for the team, whereas Gengar will provide some much-needed team coverage against Fighting-types and could quite feasably win it for you all by himself. Pain Split variant would probably be best.

You know what's really shocking to me? There's one Pokemon that will absoloutely destroy your team in a matter of minutes. It's called Bulk Up Scrafty. I know it's for noobs, but seriously, you don't have a counter for this thing. Another serious threat is LO + Crunch Lucario, who will decimate 5 of your 6 Pokes after a Swords Dance boost on Abomasnow locked into Ice Shard (which I would imagine happens quite often). Tentacruel will even fall after hazards and some lucky fluctuation.

Other than the above mentioned, this is a pretty solid hail team. Not the best I've seen, but it'll do. Oh, and if you don't like Gengar for some reason, you could go with Froslass, for the Snow Cloak hax, etc. A decent set I've seen is:

Froslass @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Confuse Ray
- Ice Beam (for extra PP over Blizzard + in the event of other weather)
- Shadow Ball / Thunder Wave

Looks bad, I know, but it works. Great in Hail. This could potentially do a little better job than your Walrein.

And if you're hell-bent on keeping Walrein, please change Blizzard to Super Fang. Think about it: the only mons not taking residual damage from Hail are the Ice-types, and most of these Ice-types are going to resist your Blizzard anyways. Super Fang is extremely reliable utility coverage against threats to Walrein, and it's a really great way to annoy the f*ck out of weather starters switching in to escape the ail effect.

I've used a better froslass on that ^^^ although the PP on ice beam is a good point, with my old hail team i used a frosslass which was a complete troll:

Frosslass @ leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
Timid nature
40hp/252spe/216spa
-substitute
-disable
-thunder wave
-blizzard/ice beam

Haxing is always fun, disabling is even more fun, and blizzard spamming is fun, forces so many switches, you should just test this thing out it won me most of my battles on a stall oriented hail team, definately underrated IMO. Only problem with it is the thunder wave having bad synergy with toxic spikes, so changing that to confuse ray could be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)