Who's a better revenge killer?

Who should I add to my team?

• Total voters
Dugtrio or Ambipom?
My current team is Dophan, Clefable, Electivire, Togekiss, Gallade.
Dugtrio has the speed but lacks attack without the band, while Ambipom has decent speed and attack.

Dugtrio is a better revenge killer. Its ability makes it much better than ambipom. Although ambipom packs some attack, the opponent can switch and negate the flinching effect of fake out.

Dugtrio is better solely because of Arena Trap. Ambipom is predictable, and is stopped by any decent Physical Wall (Skarmory, gliscor, hippowdon anyone?)

Dugtrio because of Arena Trap. Ambipom is as stated previously by others, predictable and easy to counter. Plus who can't love the three headed mudpile...mound...thingy...

It really depends what you want-Speed or power. Although Jolly with Choice Band is probably a good option to balance both. If you really want to smack things hard though, go with Adamant.

Well I'm more worried about power because he'll outspeed quite a few things if he can OHKO them hes kinda screwed.

I think Dugtrio should be able to hit things hard enough with CB without Afamant Nature. If you really are worried about it, use a damage calc to check out how much damage you want to do with Dugtrio to whatever pokemon you're planning to use it against. I suppose the suprise of Duggie itswelf will be a big factor, it's not really used much anymore.

I myself prefer Ambipom > Dugtrio just because of the mere fact that Life Orb/CB Technician Stab Fake-Out hurts a lot for a priority move. Although as stated by other people, you may want to rock out Dugtrio instead of the monkey.

Sucker Punch is good. It's the same moveset as in the Analysis which is what you wanted i believe. But it does say you could have Nigth Slash instead of Sucker Punch. I like Sucker Punch better personally though.

I used to like weavile but now its wayy too over used.
Ou just means it's good. One of the worst excuses to not use something when It's great for the role is "It's too OU". Dugtrio is also standard last time I checked...

I would also like to mention that magnezone and dugtrio are a good combo as both are plaiged by Steeltypes/Blissey respectivly and can easily take down an opponents main walls.

Dugtrio has arena trap. If the opponent switches, you can't revenge kill. Against abipom, I could switch in ghost/steel type. Against duggy, I can't switch to anything (barring flying/levitate).

A CB Azumarill, with Aqua Jet... it works wonders in my team. But between Dugtrio and Ambipom, Dugtrio because it can trap.

If you have enough speed on your team (ie a fast pokemon made faster with scarf, priority move) then I would run Adamant over Jolly... in a battle on Shoddy just now, I lost because Duggy couldnt' take out that pink blob that is Blissey. CB EQ with 252 atk and Jolly nature did about 50%; softboiled + lefties negates your efforts... dunno what adamant would do, but I wish I had adamant instead lol

If you have enough speed on your team (ie a fast pokemon made faster with scarf, priority move) then I would run Adamant over Jolly... in a battle on Shoddy just now, I lost because Duggy couldnt' take out that pink blob that is Blissey. CB EQ with 252 atk and Jolly nature did about 50%; softboiled + lefties negates your efforts... dunno what adamant would do, but I wish I had adamant instead lol
Lmao, that was against me =D

Adamant Duggy does indeed 2HKO Blissey with a CB, dunno the exact % but I've tested it on Shoddy with success :)

And yeah, Duggy gets my vote :)
In a TR environment, I like Trapinch ;)

There should be a 3rd option for those that dont consider Ambipom a revenge killer at all. There's nothing stopping the opponent from simply switching out, especially because everyone already knows that the most popular move on Ambipom is Fake Out anyway, which means there's not even a surprise factor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)