Who's a better revenge killer?

Who should I add to my team?

• Total voters
In my opinion all statements of "its predictable" should be exempt from this thread completely. Reasoning, the hardest thing to predict on Dugtrio is whether it has Night Slash or Sucker Punch. The point of a revenge killer is not to be "unpredictable."

That and Ambipom's Fake Out being predictable is also a decent way to smash a Ghost with a pretty strong Shadow Claw.

Prediction never works just one way.

Dugtrio is clearly the better revenge killer, but I never seem to make as good use of him as Ambipom. Maybe because I prefer smashing the opponent with shadow claw or something.

TBH, I wouldn't really call Abimi a revenge killer...

IMO, a revenge killer is something with a strong pursuit (Ttar, Weavile) or a trapping ability (Magnezone/ton, Duggy, Trapinch) :/

Yeah, but then technically, you would never be able to "revenge kill" something that's faster than you, for example, attempting to revenge kill a CBGarchomp at 2% with said Pursuit Tyranitar.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, to really "define" what a good Revenge killer is is that it usually follows these guidelines:

*Fast
*Priority move
*Able to Pursuit is a decent plus
*Trap (Dugtrio, Magnezone, Probopass, and Trapinch. Yes, Wobbuffet and Wynaut do this too. >_>...)

That's how a lot of them define it. Though I guess Ambipom would follow at least two of those guidelines, so I could see it doing SOMETHING.

Still, Dugtrio is the superior choice in trapping due to his ability actually keeping things in. Das enda.

The only time ambipom ever becomes an effective revenge killer is when your opponent runs out of options to switch to. If they can switch to something convenient, Ambipom is terrible, or at best, no better then any other fast, hard hitting Pokemon. At least for revenge kills. It is however very effective at doing it's thing with a lot of punch and getting the hell out of there. It's also good for scouting.

Dugtrio on the other hand is a much better revenge killer. It almost always does not matter what HP is remaining for the opponent, because chances are they will die anyway. Blissey, Infernape, Jolteon, Electivire, Lucario, Heracross (Non Scarf), Tyranitar, Alakazam, Magnezone, weakened steels... It takes on a lot.

Weavile is good at revenge killing anything weak to dark assaults. Gengar, Alakazam, you know the list. So I don't think it is as effective as Dugtrio in that regard, but it does do it's job. I find it too predictable otherwise though, and too easy to wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)