Why AttackOnAttack Doesn't Work in DP

I'm pretty sure I posted it in the right forum as it concerns DP.

I have a friend who insists that AttackOnAttack is the only way to go in DP and that everything else fails at life. I've tried telling her that it's too easy to stop AoA teams and that things like Skarmory can wall them effectively. She won't listen to me though unless I can show her proof or quotes from sites like Smogon or Serebii.

This is her team. She didn't give me the EVs so I guessed that she just put everything into Attack and then a mix in other stats.

Absol @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
Atk 379
- Blade Test
- Psycho Cutter
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Rhyperior @ Hooked Spikes
Brave Nature
Atk 400
- Arm Hammer
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dive

Garchomp @ Persim Berry
Naughty Nature
Atk 374
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Poison Stab
- Earthquake

Alakazam @ Eerie Incense
Modest Nature
Sp.Atk 398
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Bomb
- Grass Rope

PorygonZ @ Wet Rock
Quiet Nature
Sp.Atk 396
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Dark Pulse
- Psybeam

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Mild Nature
Sp.Atk 377
- Leaf Storm
- Poison Stab
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Thanks. If this is spam or considered the wrong section, sorry. ><;

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1) What is "Attack on Attack"?
2) Tell your friend to read up on how to play Pokemon, since they apparently can't play at all =[

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I think you got it wrong. It's "All Out Attack", not "Attack on Attack".

Anyways, those movesets suck. Tell your friend that all her/his physical attackers get walled by Skarmory and all the special attackers get walled by Blissey.

Yea, those movesets aren't good at all.

I think your friend needs to go to a forum and ask people for advise if (s)he plans on playing over Wi-Fi / Competitor.

Your friend's "attack on attack" won't work partly because most of her movesets are terrible.

Rhyperior needs his Rock STAB and Hooked Spikes are a terrible item on him. Garchomp gets no real use out of Poison Stab and Iron Head.
PorygonZ's set is bloody awful, with the exception of Dark Pulse it needs to ditch all of it's moves. And so on...

At best she'll kill a couple of Pokemon before a skilled player sweeps her entire team. Rather than looking for quotes to refute her hypothesis, she should be looking for information on how to actually play the game.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wow, that looks like a team I would have made back in my RBY days hahaha

The big problem with all-out attacking teams is that they tend to have big problems with Dragon Dancers. I tend to recommend damage control Pokemon like Weezing and Suicune who can come in and shut down a setup if needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)