1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Why does smogon allow the use of the Pomeg Glitch?

Discussion in 'BW LC' started by Unowninator, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unowninator

Unowninator

How is it any different from illegal egg combinations? Or even the Transform + Rage glitch?
  2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck you spin mine head right round right round
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Transform + Rage completely upsets the balance of the game, while the Pomeg Glitch does not. Illegal egg move combinations are simply impossible to get ingame without using a Transform + Rage glitch or similar.
  3. Hawkstar

Hawkstar Unplug me from this fantasy
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a SPL Winner

Because the Pomeg glitch only affects Little Cup, and nothing else, if my memory serves correct. It only allows you to learn level up moves and gain EVs as an egg, which has no bearing on level 100 play at all. I don't think this makes level 1 Donphan legal, though, but that isn't entirely relevant either.
  4. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This should be posted in the Simple Request thread.

edit: fuck i dont have mods here anymore
  5. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

lol weak macle

also he means Ask a Little Question, Get a Little Answer thread
  6. v

v I'm on your six
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

as one of the guys who helped make the decision, I agree it is kind of arbitrary. but, Pomeg presented an opportunity for several Pokemon to become viable when they hadn't previously, whereas rage+transform had the significant downside of completely destroying any semblance of balance not only in Our Faire Little Cup, but in all the tiers. wonderful as I am, I don't have the right to make a call like that, so that was never on the table. Nobody but LC gave a fuck about Pomeg, so it stuck around.

PLUS it benefited my favorite mon, Porygon ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)