Why does smogon allow the use of the Pomeg Glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Transform + Rage completely upsets the balance of the game, while the Pomeg Glitch does not. Illegal egg move combinations are simply impossible to get ingame without using a Transform + Rage glitch or similar.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Because the Pomeg glitch only affects Little Cup, and nothing else, if my memory serves correct. It only allows you to learn level up moves and gain EVs as an egg, which has no bearing on level 100 play at all. I don't think this makes level 1 Donphan legal, though, but that isn't entirely relevant either.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This should be posted in the Simple Request thread.

edit: fuck i dont have mods here anymore

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
as one of the guys who helped make the decision, I agree it is kind of arbitrary. but, Pomeg presented an opportunity for several Pokemon to become viable when they hadn't previously, whereas rage+transform had the significant downside of completely destroying any semblance of balance not only in Our Faire Little Cup, but in all the tiers. wonderful as I am, I don't have the right to make a call like that, so that was never on the table. Nobody but LC gave a fuck about Pomeg, so it stuck around.

PLUS it benefited my favorite mon, Porygon ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)