Why is Blissey so popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Blissey so popular, I know she has huge hp and special defence but absolutely dreadful defence.
Is she only good when there last pokemon only has special moves and is forced to battle blissey, i know if a blissey was sent out i'd immediately switch to a physical pokemon.
And blisseys attacks are quite poor too at best seismic toss would do some a small amount of damage to the physical pokemon when it switches in... i don't get it!

Am i missing something?

Its the best special wall in the game. Can run multiple sets. Wish passer. Abuse status. can Calm Mind up. Survives most physical attacks besides CC and Focus Punch. Can counter physical attackers.
Do i need to list more?

It also packs the move Charm, and when you combine that with max hp and def stats with a def boosting nature, things like CB Mamosiwne can't even take it down with EQ.

yeah it can survive i suppose 2 or 3 physical attacks hardly enough for toxic or calm mind to be powered up espeically considering how slow it is. wish seems difficult to set up... i suppose counter would be ggod but it would hardly beat 1 physical attacker using that strategy, but maybe i'm wrong am I?

her main role is to status the opponent, stall out special attackers and COMPLETELY heal you team of status

yeah thats pretty much her best purpose. She also use protect wish to stall people out as well

this is off topic but is charm effective with blissey, if someone switches does the defence stat get reset or is it lowered for the entire battle?

i know if a blissey was sent out i'd immediately switch to a physical pokemon.
Am i missing something?
Think what you just said... you were forced to switch out your special attacker thanks to Blissey

Blissey basically forces an opponent to have a physical attacker on their team... then she can T-wave/Toxic the switch in, or wish to heal up your own pokemon.

Its just that with choice bands, life orbs, garchomps, lucarios and all those other physical sweepers its hard to see how blissey can be effective with toxic moves, and how it can possibly stall anything for long, but maybe i'm wrong?

Its just that with choice bands, life orbs, garchomps, lucarios and all those other physical sweepers its hard to see how blissey can be effective with toxic moves, and how it can possibly stall anything for long, but maybe i'm wrong?
Blissey is evil. And don't say physical attackers are it's nemmesis. If you have counter you can switch in on a specialattacker, wish/t-wave/whatever when they switch to a physical attacker. And counter their attack. It survives a lot for massive damage.

However there is a chance the opponent will set up, but with thunder-wave most sweepers won't be comfortable. And carry icebeam for garchomps.

The same way you switch out to your physical attacker, Blissey switches out to a physical wall. It's really not hard to understand.

714 HP/130 Def Blissey takes hits about as well as 404 HP/250 Def Swampert. And yes, Blissey forces Special stuff to switch out. That's called countering, pretty much. Happens all the time.

Please lurk/battle more. "Blissey sux" and stuff threads have been done to death and not much comes out of them.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If Blissey has 160 HP / 252 Def or better (without Bold, even), 4 Atk Naive Infernape has a chance to not OHKO with Life Orb Close Combat.

In other words, Blissey is not physically frail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)