Why Isn't Umbreon OU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time deciphering WHY Umbreon hasn't made his way into the OU as a tank? With only two weaknesses lying in Bug type moves and Fighting moves, his incredible defensive stats and stall utilities, I personally think he should be ranked up a tier or two. Let me show you how my Umbreon was made.

I made Shade(My Umbreon) to fit into my Sun Team as a Stall Tank. Here's how I built him.

Umbreon :: Nature - Bold :: Ability - Synchronize :: Item - Leftovers
xxxxxxxxxx-4 HP, 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def-
Stats:
HP: 332
Atk: 149
Sp. Atk: 156
Def: 350
Sp.Def: 359
Speed: 166

Move Pool:
Foul Play - This can easily be used to Two-Shot a Sweeper Kyurem
Moonlight - In the Sun, he heals for 2/3's of his health. Stupid useful.
Toxic - Against anybody that can be poisoned while against Umbreon, this can be extremely painful in the long run due to his ability to outstall damn near every pokemon in the OU with the exception of those with Poison Heal. (Primarily, Gliscor)
Protect- there for obvious reasons. Once you've got 'em poisoned, keep them from doing anything to you.

Other Options:
Another useful tool I found was the use of Mean Look in place of Protect or Foul Play. Since I can easily Poison someone to death, if I keep them in play (And I'm not blown away by a whirlwind, roar, or dragon tail), I can just watch them slowly die.

Umbreon has stupidly underrated combinations of abilities that could be used to instill a great amount of OU pokemon and shouldn't be counted out at all in the OU tier.
52 166

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tiers are based off usage on the ladder, not just haphazardly arranged. Umbreon isn't OU because no one uses it outside of Eevee teams.* It's just too easy to dance around; Scizor is everywhere, being immune to Toxic while CB allows U-turn to severely dent Umbreon, allowing you to pick up the pieces. Terrakion can lay waste to it with STAB Close Combat as well. It's just not the juggernaut it (supposedly, I don't have much adv experience) was in ADV. There are too many Fighting moves around and attacks hit harder than ever before.

*Yes I know not exclusicely scrubby Eevee teams use Umbreon and it has a niche but it's not my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)