Why me? Seriously.

I had recently uninstalled & deleted Shoddy off of my comp and decided to just wait for Shoddy 2. But in the recent light of Colossoil, I re-installed it so I could playtest the bugger.

Shoddy is working normally, but the files & folders for Shoddy are nowhere to be found on my comp. ANYWHERE. The only way you'd know it's on there is the shortcuts. What the hell?

The folders are hidden. If you want to unhide them, look in the thread telling you how to update your sprites to HG/SS. It'll tell you how to unhide your folders, so that you can see the Shoddy files.

Unfortunately, my Files & Folders setting is ALREADY set to "Show hidden files & folders"...... Also, my Documents & Settings folder isn't set up in quite the same way as you mentioned for some reason.

This is getting really bizarre.

Maybe you had Shoddy and and files in the same folder, and you deleted the whole folder?
or you just deleted it with shoddy.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
right click on the shortcut -> properties

there is the location of the executable.

Maybe you had Shoddy and and files in the same folder, and you deleted the whole folder?
or you just deleted it with shoddy.
I had uninstalled it & then deleted the folder that remained, if that's what you mean.
Umm did you try going into the control panel and looking there?
I just looked, and ironically, under the tab on the Start Menu under All Programs, the listed Shoddy folder is empty......
right click on the shortcut -> properties

there is the location of the executable.
Ok, the Shoddy program seems to be in C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaws.exe -localfile "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\44\5b8a586c-6cc761f6", all jammed into one file......THIS IS REALLY CONFUSING. How the hell does that happen?

Seriously, I need to fix this problem so I can access the Shoddy files again. I can't update the sprite files with the CAPs w/o them, nor can I add fakemon/attacks for my personal use.

I clicked 'Find Target' under the Properties on the shortcut, and was led to the Java Web Start program......not much help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)