Wi-Fi Team

This is to become my standard team on Plat (When it comes out in USA), so its kind of important that its pretty good. So far on Shoddy its 3-1.

Breloom w/ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Effect Spore
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
Spore
Sky Uppercut
Seed Bomb
ThunderPunch

An interesting Lead, I made him up. He has a Scarf to make up for his pretty bad base 70 speed, so he can inflict a nightmarish sleep on his opponent. If I'm up against a Weavile, Swampert, Gyarados, Hippowdon, Tyranitar, or Ambipom I kill it.

Bronzong w/ Leftovers
Relaxed
Levitate
252 HP 128 Atk 128 Def (Help!)
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Gyro Ball

Another invention, mostly on the physically defensive side, but able to dole out some damage as well. Sets up Stealth Rock, attack with EQ andGyro Ball, and Explode when I'm done. Hope fully I get a MeanLookBatonPass from Umbreon. I really need help with the Ev spread.

Porygon-Z w/ Life Orb
Timid
Adaptability
4 HP 252 SpAtk 252 Spd
Tri-Attack
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

My favorite Special Sweeper, except with Life Orb instead of Specs in case he becomes my late game or revenge killer. I don't know how many times he has been my last guy and I'm locked in thunderbolt aganist a Heatran or something. Excellent coverage, and Tri-Attack doles out massive damage with a chance to inflict status.

Umbreon w/ Leftovers
Careful
Synchronize
252 HP 128 Atk 128 SpDef
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Wish
Toxic

Trap Passer and Wish Passer. He also inflicts Toxic if he can. Special Wall as well. I need help with this spread. I don't need speed because I'm not taunting anyone.

Dusknoir w/ Leftovers
Adamant
Pressure
252 HP 88 Def 168 SpDef
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split
Ice Punch
Shadow Sneak

Mixed Wall and Rapid Spin Blocker. Pain Split roe recovery, blah, blah, blah. I think you all know this. I'm using this spread for mixed walling abilities. WoW makes up for the lack of Def EV's Shadow Sneak to kill before I die, and Ice Punch to cover things that Shadow Sneak and WoW can't.

Infernape w/ Life Orb
Naive
Blaze
44 Atk 212 SpAtk 252 Spd
Close Combat
Hp Electric
U-turn
Flamethrower

I might need some help with the spread, but I thinks its alright. Hp Electric kills Gyara, U-turn to scout, Flamethrower for Skarm, and CC for Bliss.

Pleaas help me out, I think you've noticed I'm not too good with spreads.

Poison Heal is the better Breloom ability hands down, and with Platinum, you have access to Poison Heal + Thunder Punch. I don't necessarily like your lead, but if it works for you then I'm not about to change it.

Make Bronzong's EV Spread 252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD with a Sassy Nature.

P-Z desperately covets a Choice Scarf, otherwise he isn't going to be revenge killing anything at all. Use Timid to outspeed +1 Max speed neutral base 100 Pokemon, or Modest for the extra power.

Umbreon is pretty much a banner saying "Hey ho, Heracross! Come here and rape me!". Honestly, when people see an Umbreon, they're going to bring in a powerful fighting type that can OHKO it with Close Combat and not give you the chance to trap pass. There also isn't really anyone on your team that you can trap pass to and really make anything work, as they'll either take the hit from a powerful slow Pokemon or Umbreon will die before it can complete its duty. The metagame is just too fast paced for trying to bother with trap passing. If you need wish support, use Vaporeon/Jirachi/Blissey.

Scarf Heracross can 1-2HKO every single member of your team (as can SD Lucario, but not quite as badly). Swords Dance/Salac Berry Hera can also kill every member of your team quite easily. A Rotom, preferably the oven form, should definitely be used over Dusknoir due to better all around everything. Use this set:

Rotom - oven @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Defense/6 SpA
Bold Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Overheat
-Rest
-Sleeptalk

This will help you against Scizor, Heracross and Lucario and also function as a decent Gyarados counter.

Umbreon needs to be replaced, so a Specially Defensive Zapdos could work in its place, or a WishBliss if you require Wish to heal.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP/220 HP/36 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-Roost
-Hidden Power Grass/Toxic/Substitute

If you want Blissey instead...

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 Defense/216 Special Defense/40 Special Attack
-Wish
-Protect
-Flamethrower/Seismic Toss
-Toxic

Either could work on your team, but I would personally choose Zapdos because it can deal with Heracross and Lucario far more easily.

Infernape should run 24 Attack/252 Special Attack/232 Speed and use the attacks Close Combat, Grass Knot, Hidden Power Ice, and Flamethrower. Zapdos and Rotom can take care of Gyarados and using 10% health to scout, especially with all the residual damage going on, probably isn't the smartest idea.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Pretty interesting team.

I love the idea of breloom, and like wedge said its better to use Poison heal since Effect Spore isnt that fabulous.

You should switch the Ice Punch with Fire Punch/EQ.
Fire Punch helps u vs Skarm, Zong, Scizor and Forry.
But EQ is the best thing vs the always common Heatran.

Umbreon wont enjoy a taunt so be prepared when you see a gyarados use taunt and then use DD on your switch.

Definately poison heal on breloom. And I would switch dusknoire with a rotom he is simply outclassed by the rotoms. For the rest a lure heatran with explosian might be nice to catch blissey, that will help your porygon-z sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)