WiFi Battle Tower Teams

Similar to TheMaster42's post, Offline Battle Tower Teams, you will post here teams that you used in the WiFi section of the battle tower.

This thread's purpose is to give others ideas on what kind of pokemon work well in the WiFi section of the Battle Tower.

In THIS thread, post only your WiFi Battle Tower Teams and what rank you were able to get to.

Only post teams that you have actually used in the WiFi section of the Battle Tower. DO NOT post teams you "hope" to use in the WiFi section of the Battle Tower. Only post teams you have used and how far you actually got with them.

I will add teams to this post as people add them.
When posting pokemon, please do it in the following format:

Pokemon @ item
Nature/Ability
EVs:
Move 1
Move 2
Move 3
Move 4

Post only full teams.

I will try to update the teams people post here as soon as I can.

Rank 6 - CZ

Gengar @ Expert Belt (Life Orb was used a few times)
Timid (+ Speed, - Attack)/Levitate
252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Thunderbolt
~Hidden Power (Ice 70 BP)
This moveset has become a personal favorite for me. I love using Gengar as a pure sweeper, as it seems that whenever I use him to try to status, my Will-O-Wisp/Hypnosis always seems to miss. Between "BlastBall" (Shadow Ball and Focus Blast) and Psuedo "BoltBeam", it hits every type at least neutral, and hits 12 Types "SE", which makes Expert Belt a good option over Life Orb.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry (Again, used Life Orb when Gengar Did Not)
Jolly (+Speed, - SpA)/Sand Veil
6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
~Swords Dance
~Earthquake
~Dragon Claw
~Fire Fang
Standard Swords Dance Garchomp. With a Yache Berry, It is easy to fire of a SD and proceed to sweep. With Life Orb, it is harder to set up, but packs much more of a punch. If I ran Life Orb, I would only send this guy out near the end of a match to clean up whatever was left over.

Blissey @ Lefotovers
Bold (+Defense, -Attack)/Natural Cure
212 HP, 252 Defense, 40 Special Attack
~Seismic Toss
~Ice Beam
~Toxic/Thunder Wave (Usually Toxic)
~Softboiled
What a boring Pokemon, but it flat out works well. This thing is capable of outstalling entire teams. I started using Toxic as my Status move (sing and Thunder Wave were both used too) when I used it in the regular Battle Tower to beat Palmers Milotic. It worked so well that I stuck with it, and it still seems to work. The rest of the set is standard stuff, but why try fix what isnt broken (or is broken, depending on you definition).

Rank 6 - GiantEnemyCrab

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm (+sp.def -Att)
EVs: 252 HP/sp.def 6 Def
Mean look
Toxic
Wish
Baton pass

My wish passing toxi trapper. My wall too, since I see more special pokemon thank physical in the battle tower

Starmie @ Expert belt
Timid nature (+speed -Att)
EVs: 252 speed/Sp.att 6 HP
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Psychic
Surf

Standard BoltBeam set. My Special sweeper, and a great one I must say.

Blaziken @ Choice scarf
Adamant (+att -sp.att)
252 att/speed 6 Def
Thunder punch
Blaze kick
Sky uppercut
Facade

Facade with the Wave or WoW I normally get. Choice scarf gives it 384 speed, beating Weaviles max by 1 point.

Rank 5 - Raikou

Latios, timid
Choice specs
252 SA / 252 Spd
Draco Meteor
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic

Lucario, modest
Choice scarf
252 SA / 252 Spd
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Psychic

Milotic, calm
Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Hypnosis
Recover
252 HP / ~100 Sdef / ~50 Def /~100 SA (something like that)

Even though these are legit, they can take down hacked teams pretty well from my experience, with Latios being practically uber and all. Lucario is a good answer to Tyranitar, which is one of the only things I switch out Latios for. Scarfchomps can be trouble but Lucario can actually take 2 Outrages, and Milotic is ev'd to 1 shot them most of the time. Sometimes I use my Suicune instead of Milotic if I want more physical defense.

Rank 5 - Bogmire

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 6 HP
Adamant
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance

DD gyarados, I decided to do max speed just because, has a problem with taunt Gyarados leads. But alot of the time I can switch to Garchomp if I predict a DD (who garchomp can stil outrun after DD) or taunt, then kill Gyarados with Stone Edge.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 atk, 240 speed, 16 HP
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Outrage
-Fire Blast

ScarfChomp, my revenge killer against things like other Gyarados etc. Works out pretty well.

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP, 212 def, 56 sp atk
Relaxed
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam

Standard MixPert, I suppose I should've ran Stone Edge over Stealth Rock since SS is kind of hard to use 3 on 3, but this was a pokemon I just grabbed out of my Box and I didn't have a Stone Edge TM. He can take physical hits pretty good too.

My team has a pretty big weakness to other Gyarados and CounterBliss (which is how I lost my rank), it also lacks a good special attacking force in general

Rank 6 - Hrothgar

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond

This Froslass can 2HKO most anything while staying alive with the sash, then Destiny Bonds the next poke who will always attack her. Sometimes it can take out all three. Has the added benefit of always killing scarf + outrage chomp and dnite leads, but has to run from TTar.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Agility
Explosion

Yet another pokemon that will practically always take out at least two pokes. Froslass and Metagross on my team make me feel like I have five pokemon against their three.

Cresselia @ leftovers
Bold
Psychic
Grass Knot
Moonlight
Calm Mind

A good just-in-case pokemon, but she doesn't seem to get much play. Frosslass and Metagross are basically my whole team.

Rank 2 - Aura_Lucario

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)/Intimidate
212hp/16atk/180def/100spd
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Taunt
Earthquake

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Naughty (+Atk, -SpDef)/Motor Drive
252 Atk / 176 Spd / 80 SpA
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

Gengar @ Life Orb
Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)/Levitate
204atk/54spatk/252spd
Explosion
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Reserved Space

i!i!Updatesi!i!
Aug. 14, 2007:
Started Thread
Added Aura_Lucario's Team.​
Aug. 15, 2007
Added CZ's Team​
Aug. 17, 2007
Added Raikou's and GiantEnemyCrab's team.​
Aug. 18, 2007
Added Bogmire's and Hrothgar's team.​

I will reveal my WiFi Battle Tower Team, got me to Rank #6

Gengar @ Expert Belt (Life Orb was used a few times)
Timid (+ Speed, - Attack)/Levitate
252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Thunderbolt
~Hidden Power (Ice 70 BP)
This moveset has become a personal favorite for me. I love using Gengar as a pure sweeper, as it seems that whenever I use him to try to status, my Will-O-Wisp/Hypnosis always seems to miss. Between "BlastBall" (Shadow Ball and Focus Blast) and Psuedo "BoltBeam", it hits every type at least neutral, and hits 12 Types "SE", which makes Expert Belt a good option over Life Orb.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry (Again, used Life Orb when Gengar Did Not)
Jolly (+Speed, - SpA)/Sand Veil
6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
~Swords Dance
~Earthquake
~Dragon Claw
~Fire Fang
Standard Swords Dance Garchomp. With a Yache Berry, It is easy to fire of a SD and proceed to sweep. With Life Orb, it is harder to set up, but packs much more of a punch. If I ran Life Orb, I would only send this guy out near the end of a match to clean up whatever was left over.

Blissey @ Lefotovers
Bold (+Defense, -Attack)/Natural Cure
212 HP, 252 Defense, 40 Special Attack
~Seismic Toss
~Ice Beam
~Toxic/Thunder Wave (Usually Toxic)
~Softboiled
What a boring Pokemon, but it flat out works well. This thing is capable of outstalling entire teams. I started using Toxic as my Status move (sing and Thunder Wave were both used too) when I used it in the regular Battle Tower to beat Palmers Milotic. It worked so well that I stuck with it, and it still seems to work. The rest of the set is standard stuff, but why try fix what isnt broken (or is broken, depending on you definition).

This team has issues with Electivire, as it can OHKO 2/3 of the team, and if it gets a Speed Boost, im in real trouble (another reason I dont use Thunder Wave).

I think the problem is, cheating is so rampant in the wifi battle tower there's really no point in trying to play through it with legit pokemon. :|

I think the problem is, cheating is so rampant in the wifi battle tower there's really no point in trying to play through it with legit pokemon. :|
There may be cheating in the wifi section of the battle tower but a good stategy can beat the cheats I'm sure.
This thread is here to help people get past the cheats and give them ideas of strategies they can use.
Hacked pokemon may have the advantage but they can definately be taken down.

I got to rank 8 with a Heatran/Flygon/Gyarados combo a few months back, but it doesn't work so well against the cheaters so I whipped out the big guns. My new team has gotten me back to rank 5 so far, behold the cheapness:

Latios, timid
Choice specs
252 SA / 252 Spd
Draco Meteor
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic

Lucario, modest
Choice scarf
252 SA / 252 Spd
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Psychic

Milotic, calm
Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Hypnosis
Recover
252 HP / ~100 Sdef / ~50 Def /~100 SA (something like that)

Even though these are legit, they can take down hacked teams pretty well from my experience, with Latios being practically uber and all. Lucario is a good answer to Tyranitar, which is one of the only things I switch out Latios for. Scarfchomps can be trouble but Lucario can actually take 2 Outrages, and Milotic is ev'd to 1 shot them most of the time. Sometimes I use my Suicune instead of Milotic if I want more physical defense.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I got to rank 6 with this team:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm (+sp.def -Att)
EVs: 252 HP/sp.def 6 Def
Mean look
Toxic
Wish
Baton pass

My wish passing toxi trapper. My wall too, since I see more special pokemon thank physical in the battle tower

Starmie @ Expert belt
Timid nature (+speed -Att)
EVs: 252 speed/Sp.att 6 HP
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Psychic
Surf

Standard BoltBeam set. My Special sweeper, and a great one I must say.

Blaziken @ Choice scarf
Adamant (+att -sp.att)
252 att/speed 6 Def
Thunder punch
Blaze kick
Sky uppercut
Facade

Facade with the Wave or WoW I normally get. Choice scarf gives it 384 speed, beating Weaviles max by 1 point.

Thats it ^^

I got to rank 6 with this team:

Blaziken @ Choice scarf
Adamant (+att -sp.att)
252 att/speed 6 Def
Thunder punch
Blaze kick
Sky uppercut
Facade

Thats it ^^
can blaziken be WoW'd?

This team got me to Rank 5

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 6 HP
Adamant
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance

DD gyarados, I decided to do max speed just because, has a problem with taunt Gyarados leads. But alot of the time I can switch to Garchomp if I predict a DD (who garchomp can stil outrun after DD) or taunt, then kill Gyarados with Stone Edge.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 atk, 240 speed, 16 HP
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Outrage
-Fire Blast

ScarfChomp, my revenge killer against things like other Gyarados etc. Works out pretty well.

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP, 212 def, 56 sp atk
Relaxed
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam

Standard MixPert, I suppose I should've ran Stone Edge over Stealth Rock since SS is kind of hard to use 3 on 3, but this was a pokemon I just grabbed out of my Box and I didn't have a Stone Edge TM. He can take physical hits pretty good too.

My team has a pretty big weakness to other Gyarados and CounterBliss (which is how I lost my rank), it also lacks a good special attacking force in general.

I got to rank 5, but stopped as it became extremely obvious that everyone is cheating at that point.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond

This Froslass can 2HKO most anything while staying alive with the sash, then Destiny Bonds the next poke who will always attack her. Sometimes it can take out all three. Has the added benefit of always killing scarf + outrage chomp and dnite leads, but has to run from TTar.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Agility
Explosion

Yet another pokemon that will practically always take out at least two pokes. Froslass and Metagross on my team make me feel like I have five pokemon against their three.

Cresselia @ leftovers
Bold
Psychic
Grass Knot
Moonlight
Calm Mind

A good just-in-case pokemon, but she doesn't seem to get much play. Frosslass and Metagross are basically my whole team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)