wifi ou RMT: playing in the rain (or not really)

Hey guys. I've been playing with this team for around a month now and I think it's just about run its course. It peaked at #14 on showdown, and top 50 on the pokemon online server. Any constructive criticism would be great, because I've loved playing with this team and I don't really want to throw it away just yet.

Teambuilding Process:

So the original idea for this team came about with the release of the therian form genies. In particular, I wanted to try Thundurus-T and Landorus-T for there insane offensive capabilities.

Thundurus-T became my first set up sweeper with a standard nasty plot set, and I gave Landorus-T a scarf so he could act as a revenge killer. Next came a pokemon who could make Thundurus-T even more deadly: Politoed.

Next came one of my favourite cores this gen, Scizor and Rotom-W with their frustrating u-turn/voltswitch teamwork.

Finally, I decided I wanted to give subcm Jirachi a try after seeing a great team built around it.

After some testing I noticed I needed rocks more than I expected, as well as extra priority. So in went Mamoswine in place of Landorus-T.

With the increasing popularity of Gastrodon in OU, i began to realise how useless my team was against it. I decided to give Breloom a shot because of its OP Dream World Ability.

The Final Team:

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

You can't have a rain team without rain. And that is literally the only reason this guy is here. Then again, the team could probably function just as well without him, but honestly I can't be bothered making that many changes. Anyway, I've always preferred Specstoed for two reasons: 1. specs hydro pump in the rain is insanely powerful coming from anything, and 2. it is great for surprising so many people. The rest of the moves are for coverage, with HP grass for the aforementioned Gastrodon and the odd Quagsire. Ev's are designed to maximise power and bulk, since he really doesn't need speed anyway.

Breloom (F) @ Fight Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

The newest member of the team, yet this guy is an absolute monster. With a Mach Punch that has the same damage output as Scizor's bullet punch, and a Bullet Seed that ranges from 75-187.5 base power, techniloom is an incredible asset to this team that I've come to love. Substitute on the switch, swords dance, then beat the opponent to a pulp. I've been tossing up on a few different items though, and have been with the Fight Gem for a while now. Originally I had a life orb but I found he was dying way too quickly. Leftovers seemed a little redundant.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

My favourite lead from 4th gen comes back again in my favourite team. This mamoswine has won me so many games single-handedly that I don't think I would ever replace him. Standard lead set from last gen. Earthquake is really powerful, and Ice shard revenge kills so many things. OHKO on Salamence destroys dragonite after multiscale is down. The bulkiest of OU dragon types takes at least 50% damage. Focus sash/endeavour catches a surprising amount of people off-guard.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psychic

This is the first time I've seriously used Jirachi. I always hated him last gen because of everybody just using the standard haxrachi set, but I really love this one. He can set up on so many things it's not funny. Physical sweepers, walls, even some special sweepers - he takes them all on. It's honestly not that hard to get to +6 and then it's GG already. Ev's maximise overall bulk, while allowing me to outrun all neutral base 85s and below, as well as most defensively based Ninetales.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- U-turn

Standard, and most common Scizor set, yet he still tears teams apart. Bullet punch is amazing for cleaning up late game, and u-turn provides half of the switching core with rotom-w. Superpower and pursuit are honestly just fillers. I use pursuit from time to time for trapping choice locked latios or anything of the kind, but superpower I think I've only ever used once because the battle was getting towards a stale mate.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Never underestimate the power of washing machines, especially in the rain. Usually either this guy or mamoswine leads. Hydro pump rips teams apart on its own, and thunder is almost as powerful. Volt switch makes scouting and predicting easy, particularly with team preview. HP grass is again for a surprise hit on those damn Gastrodons.

So there you go. Possibly my most successful OU team, and I've honestly really enjoyed both building and playing with it. Like I said, I think it's starting to get a little outdated now, but any constructive criticism or tips would be great to keep it in the game a little longer.

Here's the importable for raters/stealers:

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Breloom (F) @ Fight Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SAtk / 144 Spd
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psychic

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- U-turn

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)