Wild EV Training Location

Dice

Hi, I'm new here so please excuse me for posting in the wrong place if I did. Anyways, I've been browsing through certain sites (serebii, smogon, psypokes, and Gamefaqs) and I saw that none had an EV training location guide for the wild. Pretty much for us, all we've had to work with was the ev training from trainers using vs seeker so I thought that I'd research pokemon location and EV to maximize the most effective locations to EV train. These work in both versions of the game: Diamond and Pearl-Here are my results:

HP: Route 212- Surf
Wooper-1 EV
Quagsire:-2 EV
Encounter rate: 100%

Attack: Route 203, 204, 209, 212 North and 214, Twinleaf, Resort Area, Lake Verity, Lake Acuity Lake Valor, Spring Path - Fishing-Use Super Rod
Seaking- 2 EV
Gyarados- 2 EV
Encounter rate: 100%

Defense: Maniac Cave (EDIT: The Cave South of Veilstone)
Geodude-1 EV
Hippopotas-1 EV
Encounter Rate: 100%

Special Attack: Old Chateau (EDIT: Insert any advance version (R,S,FR,LG,E) in your DS, there will also rarely be Haunters and Gengars)
Gastly- 1 EV
Haunter- 2 EV
Gengar- 3 EV
Encounter Rate: 100%
Other Options: Pysduck (1 EV) and Golduck (2 EV)- Surf almost anywhere.

Dice

Special Defense: I recommend following the VS. Seeker Guide for this as Sinnoh is screwed by mixing tentacol and tentacruels with wingulls and pellipers. If you want to EV train in the wild for this, again, tentacool and tentacruels are you best options. They can be found on ROute 205, 213, 218, 219 ,220, 221& 222, Fuego ironworks, Iron Island, Canlave City, Pastoria City, & Valley Windworks through Surf.
Encounter Rate; 50%

Speed: Victory Road- Surf
Golbat: 2 EV
Encounter Rate 100%

That is all. If you have anything you might want to add, please just post. It would be especially useful if i could get this stickyied or kept bumped, but since I'm new here, I'll leave that up to the experts. Locations for Special Defense Ev training in the wild is pretty much all i need to complete this. There may be other options for EV training in the wild, but I've created this because I find that it is the most practical. Much thanks is to serebii.net for providing the list of pokemon that gives certain EVs.
-Rithy

Oh man! I've never tought about surfing on Victory Road to train speed, how dumb I am >.<

I prefer training Def on Iron Island, you may find some Golbats, but there are a lot of Gravelers there (2 EVs) and you don't have to see the Sandstorm animation when you find a hippopotas.

Altough training EVs through VS Seeker is easier and also give you more money and Exp, your guide is pretty good and useful, congratulations.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
In the room with eyes in the Old Chateau, if you have any Advance Pokemon game inserted in your DS, there will also rarely be Haunters and Gengars, which give 2 and 3 Special Attack EVs, respectively.

Isn't there also Onix [1], Geodude [1], and Steelix [2] in Iron Island?
Yep, but what makes it a good place are gravelers, but Onix/Geodudes are just "fillers" and Golbats are "annoyers" xD

So, Geodude, Onix and specially Gravelers make Iron Island a good place to train Def EVs.

Oreburgh Gate is also good to train a low-level pokemon, since you'll find a lot of Geodudes there.

You should change the location of EV training for HP. The Wooper - Quagsire appearance is only on route 212-south, not just route 212. That may confuse some people.

Iron Island is the best place for training defenses and special defense would be best at the water above sunyshore as it has jsut tentacruel and mantyke. sure you see pelipper a couple of times, but you see tentacruel more often.

Iron Island is the best place for training defenses and special defense would be best at the water above sunyshore as it has jsut tentacruel and mantyke. sure you see pelipper a couple of times, but you see tentacruel more often.
Yeah, I have EV Trained SpD there but the Pelippers are annoying anyway :S

What's the location of the Maniac Cave???

Dice

Thank you all for your inputs. I'm aware that there are many places with other wild pokemon, but again, this guide was created so that you may EV train in the wild with 100% encounters without the typical annoyers that get in the way (with the exception of special defense of course). Otherwise, I'd suggest EV training attack west of pastoria with kricketunes and bibarels or Defense on Iron Island with gravelers, but the thing is, you'll meet other pokes that will occasionally ruin your encounters such as woopers and roselias in the former and golbats in the latter. Again, I thank you for your inputs. (and yes, i agree that VS. Seeker training is more efficent in terms of earning money and experience, but again, this is EV training for those who want to do it in the wild or are too lazy to recharge 100 steps to use the VS. Seeker again).(on a sidenote, turning off animation speeds up the process with hippopotas because only the message will be annoying.)

Training in Oreborough (Sp :|) Mines is great too. Onix and Geodude are common, and Zubat appear sometimes too. It is also low level and close to a Pokemon Center so you can heal low level guys too.

@Edux:
Underneath Veilstone. Just go straight down until you hit wall, then there's a little hole in the wall to the left of you.

By the way, a place with 100% Golducks is the Resort Area. It's pretty handy, but I normally do all of my EV training with the Magikarp guy in Eterna /w the necessary power item.

I'd say speed would best be off near the fight area, that set of grass with Fearows and Raticates... It goes pretty fast there with Pkrs, and Macho.

And defense, I'd say the Ruins where you find Hipopotas. There is Geodude, Hipopotas, each giving one.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
its good to EV train speed in victory road with the medichams providing 2 EVs each.

I personally use that place just south of Veilstone i think (may be hearthome) to train for HP and SPD- In day, it has lots of Staravia's for SPD, and night ahs lots of Noctowl for HP. They are also around lvl 50 or so, so it lvls up your pokes fast.

Yeah the Sendoff Spring is very useful, Bibarel gives you 2 Atk and Staravia 2 Speed, the best for sweepers :P

I need help on Attack EVs, any other goods locations??

The Trophy Garden (Pokemon Mansion) is a good place because of the Kricketunes (2 Atk) but they don't appear often...

The Trophy Garden (Pokemon Mansion) is a good place because of the Kricketunes (2 Atk) but they don't appear often...
When a certain Pokémon is rare to find, but I still want to EV train with it, I use the Pokéradar. Bleh, it actually works kinda nice.

HP - Woopers and Quagsires at the right side of Route 212.
ATK - Gyarados and Seakings, just below your house.
Def - Geodudes and Onixs (Onixes?) at Orebugh Mine. There are a few Zubats but not that easy to find.
SATK - The Rotom thingy with Gastlys.
SDef - Tentacruels on the way to Victory road. There are a few Pelippers too.
Speed - 6 Magikarps using VS Seeker on the 2nd Fisher from right to left, in the Route right next to Eterna City (left).

That's how I EV train. You can go below Solaceon Town if you want ATK AND Speed.

If you are EV Training for both HP and Attack, I recommend the lake inside of Mt. Coronet (basement), where you fish up Feebas. Whiscash gives 2 EV's for HP, and Gyarados gives 2 Att. EV's. I know it's a bitch to get to, but the exp here is pretty decent, and you wont fish up anything else (except feebas, bychance).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)