Willing to improve my VGC Team

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello Everyone! this is an RMT from a Not-So-Standard VGC Team that i built and that i've been using for a while (that btw, it has worked for me really well, especially when i used it on a local Tourney done in my country, where my Team shined against most of my rivals) but, as the title suggests, i want to improve it because i think it lacks something (and on a side note, i know i suck giving explanations about my Poké's purpose in the Team, but whatever), here's the Team:

Honey Boo Boo (Blissey) (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Icy Wind
- Skill Swap
- Softboiled

-My Team's Special Wall, her set was inspired by the (famous, or infamous!) Huy H's Blissey.
-Toxic is there as my Blissey's only form of consistent damage; Icy Wind to slow down the opponent's Pokes; Skill Swap to give Serene Grace to any of my Pokes that can use it efficiently (like Tornadus-T or Gyarados) and/or remove any of my opponent's Pokes abilities that can help me in some way (like stealing Levitate from Rotom, Technician from Scizor, etc); and there is Softboiled, as a way of reliable recovery.
-The EVs are very straightforward and the Chople Berry is there to help her survive at least one Fighting-Type attack; Steel and Fighting types like Scizor or Conkeldurr give my Blissey a run for her money, but for those pesky physical Steels (except Metagross or Bisharp) i have Gyarados to both intimidate them (while buffering Bliss's pathetic defense) and hit them hard, or Terrakion for the latter.

Serris (Gyarados) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 140 Def / 20 SDef / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Taunt

-The Team's main Intimidate and Paralysis support.
-Waterfall is there as my Gyarados's STAB of choice to hit hard and for its 20% flinch chance; Thunder Wave to paralyze Pokes and to form alongside Waterfall, a pseudo-Paraflinch combo (and it becomes even more effective when i have the chance to give it Serene Grace with Blissey's Skill Swap); Protect for...protecting itself and Taunt to stop Trick Room or supporters like Cresselia or Whimsicott.
-I put the Standard EV Spread that appear on its Smogon Analysis mainly to (of course) make it as annoying as possible, especially for physical attackers like Hitmontop or Tyranitar. I chose the Sitrus Berry over the Wacan because the former is more useful for me in the long run, as i feel that the latter is very situational (even if Zapdos or Thundurus are as common as they are) and, as for teammates, i have Blissey to help it stop the Special attackers that give it trouble, like Zapdos, Lati@s without Psyshock and Gastrodon, to weaken them with either Icy Wind or Toxic.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature (I used a Hasty one in the aforementioned Tourney)
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Superpower
- Protect

-My Team's Main Special Attacker and rain abuser.
-Hurricane is there as Tornadus's STAB of choice to hit everything really hard (except Steel or Electric types) and its handy 30% confusion chance; Heat Wave to hit Steel Types like Metagross or Ferrothorn much harder than his other moves outside of Rain; Superpower is there mainly to heavily damage Tyranitar (Not OHKO it, as most Tyranitars carry Chople Berries or Focus Sash) or Heatran; and Protect to shield it from damage.
-I maximized its Sp.Atk and Speed to make him hit as hard and fast as possible, i chose the Therian Forme over his Incarnate Forme mainly because its higher speed used to outspeed dangerous threats like Azelf or Starmie (especially on the cases that i don't use Blissey) and Regenerator to recover some HP from LO recoil (I normally switch it out, despite the fast pace of Double Battles) and, as for Teammates, i have Ferrothorn to help it against opposing Swift Swim users like Kingdra and Ludicolo and Sableye to burn opposing Pokes like Garchomp or Terrakion.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Rain Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out

-My Team's main supporter and Fake Out user.
-Fake Out is there to give me a free Turn of some kind of advantage (like a free turn of T-Waving something with Gyarados that can't be or don't seem to bother too much with a burn); Will-O-Wisp to burn threatening physical attackers like Tyranitar, Defiant Tornadus or Terrakion; Rain Dance, even if it looks gimmick-ish is there for surprise value (after killing an opposing weather abuser like Tyranitar or Abomasnow) to shift the weather in my favor against Sun, Hail or Sand Teams and to help my Tornadus with a 100% accurate Hurricane or an stronger Waterfall for my Gyarados; and Taunt, even if it looks like an stupid replacement over Recover, to priority shut down stuff like Cresselia or Reuniclus, when Gyarados is not available.
-I maximized its HP and Sp.Def to help it take special hits better. Fire Types like Heatran, Darmanitan or Arcanine are something that gives my Sableye a lot of trouble, so for them i have Gyarados, as it takes Heatran and Darmanitan's hits really well (especially from the latter after being Intimidated), and either Paralyze them or hit them hard with Waterfall.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 150 Def / 108 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

-My Team's main supporter against Rain Teams or Water Types in general.
-Leech Seed is there to give it a form of recovery and to troll supporters like Cresselia; Power Whip as its main STAB to hit hard anything that doesn't resist it; Gyro Ball as its secondary STAB to hit hard fast sweepers like Latios, and Protect to shield it from attacks and/or give ir an extra Turn of Leech Seed recovery.
-I chose a Relaxed nature over a Sassy one and i organized its EVs to help Ferro take physical attacks better (like Hitmontop or Terrakion's Close Combat, Garchomp's EQ, etc); Pokes like Heatran or Zapdos threaten Ferrothorn as they can easily KO it with their Heat Waves, and for them i have Gyarados and/or Blissey to wall them, respectively, or Terrakion to hit them hard with Close Combat and/or Rock Slide, respectively.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 SDef
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
-Protect

-My Team's Main Physical Attacker.
-Close Combat is there to hit very hard anyting that doesn't resist it; Rock Slide is there as an awesome Spread Move (and its main STAB Move) with a handy Flinch chance to hit Flying Types or those that resist CC for a good amount of damage; X-Scissor to hit Psychic Types harder than with any other Move, and Protect to help it scout damage for one Turn.
-Its EVs are pretty straightforward, Maximizing its Speed and its Attack to make it hit as hard as possible, and to Speed tie with threats like Infernape and Virizion; the Focus Sash is there to help it survive a fatal hit, as its Typing leaves it with with weaknesses to common spread or priority moves like EQ or Bullet Punch. priority users like Breloom or Scizor can easily destroy it with their powerful, Technician-Boosted priority, so for them, i have Gyarados to lower their Attack or Tornadus-T to hit ther hard with Hurricane and/or Heat Wave respectively, and about those faster threats that can give it trouble, like Latios or the rare Durant, i have the aforementioned Tornadus-T to hit them hard or Blissey/Gyarados to wall or help cushion its blows, respectively.

Any kind of advice and/or criticism is really appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)