Wish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So the Wish EN formula is totally fucked. We have a healing move that heals 25%, so 25 HP on a given standard rank 3 mon, that delays until the next round. Conventional healing methods heal 20 HP. Conventional healing methods cost around 12 energy.

Wish costs 19 for that 100 HP mon.

6 + (Max HP / 7.5) is the current formula

Its broken as fuck. I propose a slight change that makes it at least somewhat reasonable which is the following:

6 + (Max HP / 12.5)

Given 100 HP mon now costs 14 EN to use Wish. Much more reasonable.
Discuss whether the formula needs a change (general agreement that it does), discuss and propose ways it can be altered.

My proposal: 4 + (max Hp / 10)

This makes it cost the same than a 20 Hp recover when it recovers 20 Hp & escalates depending on the Hp of the pokemon (100 Hp for example costs 14, the same as Texas' formula but this makes it do that HP has a (slightly) higher weight when it comes to energy cost [the most extreme case being Blissey's 17.6 [texas] vs 18.5 [mine] energy cost without STAB)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
OK, seems that we're playing "Vote for the formula" then.

24 Hours (Assuming my internet works at that moment in time...)

What EN Formula should Wish use?
6 + (Max HP / 7.5)
6 + (Max HP / 12.5)
4 + (Max HP / 10)

If anyone has problems with the ballot speak now, or else be completely ignored.

I was just wondering why do moves heal low base HP mons for higher %, yet it costs them less EN? I would think it would be the other way around.
Sableye with Moonlight heals 28% in neutral weather for 15 en, but then Musharna only heals 20.8% for 18 en. It seems a little backwards
This seemed somewhat related to Wish, so I posted it here.

Because high HP mons already have an HP advantage, Do you want to exacerbate this?

Also, I agree with the fact that Wish costs too much EN right now: yes, it does have the advantage of being transferable, but it is delayed healing, which is a disadvantage against instant healing, which also costs less. Yes, it should have a slightly higher cost, but not that much.

Because high HP mons already have an HP advantage, Do you want to exacerbate this?

Also, I agree with the fact that Wish costs too much EN right now: yes, it does have the advantage of being transferable, but it is delayed healing, which is a disadvantage against instant healing, which also costs less. Yes, it should have a slightly higher cost, but not that much.
High attack mons already have an attack advantage, but I don't see moves costing more energy and doing less damage for them?

HP is different in the fact that, unlike other stats, it always has the same effect. A high attack gets neutered by a high defense and vice-versa. High HP, however, is always a boon, regardless of the opponents stats. BUT let's stop discussing this here XD

Is this going to votation yet?

Pokemon with high Attack and Special Attack can simply ignore the foes higher defense stat. However, those pokemon aren't getting a energy pentalty on attacks.

Pokemon with high Defense and Special Defense can't be ignored by targeting the weaker defense. Those pokemon aren't getting an energy pentalty.

Why, then, does high HP mean a greater energy cost for recovery moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)