WOAH! That Killed?

WOAH! That Killed?
I suppose it did......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and welcome to my latest RMT (i have a lot :P)This is one of my favorite teams that i have used, it contains my favorite lead which is Life Orb Azelf, which works wonders, Scoring the KO on Machamp, Skarm, Forry, Pert, Heatran, Ape and Metagross and nearly kills Zong, Rachi, Gliscor and Hippo. Azelf Seems to Be Able to early game sweep and once he goes down i have 2 "Back Up" leads and an unuasual scarfer which takes many pokes by surprise. This Team is More or less Hyper offense it works around resistances and scoring KOs with sheer force and power (and a little bit of prediction too :3)Originally I Had a Scarf Tar over Gengar to beat Azelf, Starmie and Gengar, but i found Flygon to Be A Problem, so i was thinking of things which Were *Faster Then Flygon, *Has SE Move on It, * Beats Azelf, Starmie And Gengar.

The Team

Azelf @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Grass Knot
- Fire Blast

LO lead Azelf is widely regarded as an OU threat, however not used much, so one day randomly i saved one, and every time i play 4th Gen now i bring it, and i WIN. Azelf consistently surprises people thinking their Swampert or Metagross will live, but i score the unexpected KO. Azelf however doesn't have to stay in just as a lead he wan be switched out and used later to run through teams, since i can hit most of OU super effectively. Azelf is also useful for its fighting reistance since i have a few pokes weak to fighting (not as much now that scarf t-tar is gone). Azelf is also a glass cannon and speed ties with most of OUs top threats, He serves as the pivot into Scarf Gengar who surprises, Azelf, Gengar and Starmie with a scarf and OHKOs.

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion

Heatran, and Azelf work every well together, Azelf taking Ground and Fighting for Heatran and Heatran takes Bug, Dark And Ghost for Azelf, Since my unexpected LO lead Azelf doesn't carry SR, So Heatran carrys rocks with a Shuca Berry. I pack explosion for Zapdos, as i can take 2 T-Bolts SR and Explode, as zapdos can be a threat as nothing OHKOs it on my team anymore. Otherwise moveset choices are easy Since Fire Blast and Earth Power have excellent coverage together. Heatran also Pairs very well with Shaymin since they have complimentary resistances and Shaymin can give Heatran and other non Healing Pokemon HP back with Leech Seed.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

LO Starmie was a Lead i've been testing for a while, i never liked it as a lead but its a fantastic sweeper and has fantastic typing resisting key types in the Metagame and KOing them, thanks to Fantastic Power and speed while i can also recover up and help stall out stuff that maybe has a leech seed on it or simply wait for them to stop what they're doing and GTFO. Part of the reason i chose Starmie as its like another Azelf for the team, Its a great pivot fodder to bring in Gengar and score a nice KO, while its also insanely fast and strong which forces switches allows me to scout the opponents team more and decided if Lucario/Starmie/Azelf will be the best late game cleaners, or even Gengar, with his scarf.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Close Combat

Lucario has been mentioned as the best sweeper in OU, i don't agree but his typing is excellent for this team, X4 Resisting Rock and Dark who can Hurt this team a lot. Most pokes that carry Rock/Dark moves (*AHEM* T-Tar *AHEM*) Are choiced and Lucario forces them out, Can either Crunch preditcing maybe a Rotom (which Is A problem) to come in Or SD if i know their team from scouting with Starmie And Azelf, and Even Gengar. I've tried Ice Punch/Thunderpunch/Crunch, Life Orb Admant Jolly, Focus Sash Adamant/Jolly, and this set works the best, Since it can hit Rotom hard and can really hurt things like Flygon/Azelf/Starmie with Extremespeed. While Close Combat dominates everything (Jolly LO didn't kill a Bliss -_-). While Lucario usually lures in Gliscor and Zapdos and allows me to Get in Gengar (taking most hits from the pair) And Taking them out with Explosion/HP Ice.

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs:168 ATK / 100 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Pursuit
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

This Tyranitar set was suggested by BKC, it replaced a sub seed shaymin on my team. Tyranitar pursuit traps Rotom allowing Lucario a better chance at running through a team while common pokemon to switch in to Tar such as Gliscor, Breloom, Lucario (on resistances and presuming Scarf) are nailed by the Expert Belt hit. I can also nail Bliss and Lax with superpower as they are a small problem while Being faster then Scizor allows me to Flamethrower as 99/100 times scizor will not bullet punch T-Tar. T-tar also helps me deal with SubCM rachi slightly better since i break subs with flamethrower after 1 CM while being able to take any of the hits they have to throw out.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion
- Focus Blast

Gengars usefulness i think has been explained, but im forced to write a description anyway, I Needed gengar as a fighting and Bug Resistance, Who is faster then flygon and can KO it, Ape and Gengar are the only canditates, however ape can't explode and kill stuff like Cune And ape doesn't resist Fighting, The Ev spread is designed to Outspeed base 100s All the time and KO them while the rest of the EVs are dumped in ATK.

Thanks for reading a put a lot of effort into this, and yeah, have a nice day ;)

Threat List

Sub CM Rachi
SD Lefties Scizor
CB Mamoswine
SD Toxicroak
SP DEF Skarmory (more like a pest then "threat")

The problem with this team is that you only have one way to OHKO Blissey (good luck LS stalling with Shaymin if Toxic Spikes are down), and thats with Lucario, who is walled by Bliss's omnipresent partner, ResTalk Gyarados. This means you're going to be absolutely fucked by stall teams.

First off, use a Passho Berry Heatran and drop Earth Power for HP Electric. This nabs a surprise kill on Gyara (as a bonus, against stall you'll force them to use Blissey as their Tran counter, making Explosion alot easier to pull off), and this'll pave the way for a late-game Lucario sweep. Passho also lets you deal with water types like Starmie and Suicune, which was Shaymin's role - this means it can now be replaced. Leech Seed is nice and all but it seems more like a convenience than a necessity, so I don't think you'll miss it too much. I'd like you to try a mixed Tyranitar in this slot. It tears stall apart, plus it aids a Lucario sweep by Pursuiting Rotom-A (eliminating the need for Crunch. go with Bullet Punch so Gengar and ScarfTar don't stop your sweep), while also luring and killing Gliscor. The set is -

Hasty nature
Item - Expert Belt
EVs - 168 Atk / 100 SpA / 240 Spe

~ Fire Blast
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower
~ Ice Beam

The last change I'd like you to consider is changing Gengar to a SubSplit set. It keeps up the offensive pace, whereas the limitations of a choice set give your opponent an opportunity to get momentum back. You don't need a revenge killer - like with Shaymin's Leech Seed, it's more of a convenience than a necessity. Most setup sweepers (think Metagross, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Lucario) will try to take advantage of Tyranitar's Pursuit to grab a boost but the bluff of a choice item means that you can just go for the appropriate move and OHKO them.

Hope this helped, good luck with the team.

Thanks for the advice i'll try the changes, however with no scarf on Gengar im open to be destroyed by it. After a sub it can kill anything on my team

Hi, nice team. I'm a huge fan of your ScarfGar.

Looking at your threatlist, a Scarf Magnezone seems like a great fit. It traps Skarmory and Scizor, does 71-85% to Toxicroak (meaning it's probably dead after one turn thanks to SR and LO recoil), and can net a suprprise OHKO on Mamoswine with its speedy Flash Cannon. It can't beat SubCM Jirachi one on one, but can weaken it enough for it to be picked off by something else:

Magnezone@Choice Scarf
Naive Nature, 252SpA, 4Def, 252Spe
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
HP Fire
Explosion

Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are the obligatory STAB. HP Fire is for Scizor, though HP Ground is an alright choice too if you think Thunderbolt can take care of him. Explosion gives you yet another fast, powerful physical attack which can stop a sweep or take out Blissey. If you use it, I'd probably put it over Starmie.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

I recommend that you use a scarfed Rotom-H over Gengar, seeing as Bulky SD Scizor is a threat to your team if Heatran is by any means dead (being forced to explode, which happens more times than you'd think. Rotom-H can also help you sweep easier with Lucario, being the huge pursuit bait it is, so use that to your advantage late-game. You'll obviously want to double switch a few times to make sure your opponent is packing a scarfed Tyranitar, and if not, he/she is certainly packing a Heatranm which Lucario outspeeds and OHKOs if it isn't scarfed. The set is:

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf l Timid Nature l Levitate l 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
Moves: Thunderbolt l Overheat l Hidden Power [Ice] l Trick

(Hidden Power [Ice] gives Rotom-H the ability to check DDNite, which will sweep you clean with just one Dragon Dance)

Life Orb Starmie poses a threat as well; if it predicts your switch in to Shaymin and has a decent amount of hazards supporting your opponent's team, it may very well be Shaymin's downfall, leaving you to hope that you win the speed tie between Azelf and Starmie. I strongly suggest a Passho Berry HeaTrap, so you can lure Blisseys and Starmies, and OHKO each one with the respective move. This is also good since it gives your Starmie the opportunity to run train on the opponent's team most of the time. Here's the set:

Heatran @ Passho Berry l Mild Nature l Flash Fire l 36 HP / 252 SpAtk / 220 Speed
Moves: Magma Storm l Stealth Rock l Hidden Power [Electric] l Explosion

Heatran and Shaymin can take on most Rotom-A, although if you find BKC's rate more helpful, run the Bait Tyranitar set BKC recommended over Rotom-H.

Nice team, good luck!

(being forced to explode, which happens more times than you'd think).
I definatly agree Heatran explodes a lot more trying to deal with zapdos/blissey/lax etc and then i'm left open to SD scizor and Sub CM rachi.

I'll definatly try out that rotom, The only thing i don't like about that heatran set is magma storms accuracy (i always miss with it when i was usig it on a stall team but i'll try it out.

Updated the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)