Wonder Wave--A Togekiss Sweeping team.

Abstract:
A basic stall that revolves around crippling the opponent with Thunder Wave until Togekiss may come out and "sweep" the reaming handicaps of the opposing team.

I will order this team in the order that it was created, as it will make the most sense that way. :D

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/188 Def/68 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

So here's where we started, this is where it all began. A Togekiss sweep team is never complete without its complementary Togekiss! As the main goal here is to make the opponent flinch to death, I have given him bulky EV's; this also allows him to switch in and thunder wave before running away. Nasty Plot should be obvious, good prediction yields fantastic results. This is the heart

Once I obtained a decent Togekiss, I decided that I needed a Pokemon that could cover Togekiss's weakness to electric typed Pokemon--Tyranitar.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SpD
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
- Thunder Wave
- Earth Quake
- Pursuit
- Roar

Finding that Tyranitar had Thunder Wave was like throwing a boulder at a flock of birds who's feet are glued to the ground. This little beast not only counters Togekiss's weakness to electric types, he also counters the new weather meta game, and can remove threats such as Azelf from the playing field.
This guy, like everyone else, is bulky; he can't die, because I most likely need to use him again. Thunder wave is, of course, an absolute must for EVERY Pokemon on my team. Roar helps me by removing stat boosting threats that would otherwise make laughter when they sLAUGHTER my team.

Now I required a Pokemon that could remove such tedious threats as stealth rock from the playing field--Starmie. Starmie was the answer to my problems, and, later-on, was found to be an absolute god-send.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Surf
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is the first Pokemon here that diverts from the bulky trend. Besides being able to thunder wave much more quickly then then opponent can attack, Starmie can easily rid the playing field of hazards with a handy-dandy-fandy-pandy-glandy rapid spin. The possibility of my great and glorious Togekiss being crippled by the mere presence of stealth rock is inconceivable and unacceptable.
Let's move on to Starmie's other moves: surf and psychic. For a small while, I was confused on whether or not I should have thunderbolt instead of surf, but very conclusive evidence came to mind that changed my mind. Areodactyl is able to out-speed the majority of my team, rendering Thunder wave useless because of taunt. Because Tyranitar can't hit him with earthquake, I needed another Pokemon to take care of this threat, and that care giver was Starmie. Now on to psychic. Originally, this was protect, so that Starmie could sort of scout. This. Was. Awful. Never again. A stupid boy named Breloom came and destroyed my team. I have learned my lesson. Starmie has Psychic.

Now that environmental, weather, and certain OU threats were out of question, it was time to move on and pick my next Pokemon. The next threat that I had to counter was stall. Stupid stupid stupid stall and its status affects would ruin my team if it got the chance. A simple counter to this was easy, however. I present, To You:

OU CHANCEY

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 202 HP/252 Def/56 SpD
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Now I know what the first thought that comes to mind is, "He can't deal damage, WTF?" And I realize this. At times I think that I should replace thunder wave with a damaging move, but I cannot fathom the idea of losing one of my precious six WONDER WAVES.
The next thought that comes to mind must be about his (or her, I don't really know. . .) stats. As you can tell, I have full EV's to HP, and that is because of the effects of the super-special-awesome-stone-for-under-evolved-Pokemon-that-turns-them-into-death-breeding-machines-of-annoying-horribleness. This item increases Chansey's defenses by a multiplier of 1.5. By investing all my EV's into Chansey's defenses, I can give her a very bulky feel. This stat spread will give it a higher defense than Blissey AND a higher special defence. I'm still undecided on these stats, however.
Last paragraph, I promise it'll be short. Chansey's move set is pretty simple: Heal everything and cripple with thunder wave. Simple. Elegant. Annoying. Destructive?

Let's move on! I found out shortly after choosing these Pokemon that there are STILL aspects with which I cannot handle. No matter what I do, my beloved sweeper, goddess and god of all that is good, creator of the 747 Jet, will not be able to handle a steal type very well. With this knowledge, I anxiously pounded my fingers on the keyboard and mouse and looked for a good counter to this problem who could also become the fifth member of this team.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale (Halves damage taken when at full HP)
EVs: 252 HP/ 44 Atk/ 212 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

The redoubtable Dragonite, oh how I love thee. This guy is amazing right here. Not only does he posses the power of the gods: Wonder Wave, he also has a new ability, Multiscale, which basically means that he can TW without worry of death--A free Cripple.
The meta involved here is relatively simple, I use Fire Punch to remove threats such as Brongzong, Skymory, and especially, Ferrathorn. Dragon Claw is just for kicks with STAB, and then the remaining allows him to cripple people without regard for the consequences. I urge you to notice the following as well:
Foe attacks, Dragonite takes half and uses TW. The foe becomes crippled. Dragonite uses Roost, he get's full HP again, foe attacks, etc. Cripple without regard for the consequences! :DD

Now it was time to choose the final possessor of Wonder Wave, who could prance with fellow gods and goddesses. Looking through Smogon's small list of OU Pokemon with thunder wave, only one stood out. One Pokemon that will make hair become ripped out of skulls, monitors to be bashed, and Apocalypse to initiate. I give you. . .

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Yes, Blissey is who I speak of. Now, I bet you have questions again, many many many questions. "BLISSEY AND CHANSEY ON THE SAME TEAM? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING, BLOND?" I am thinking about torture, young Padawan.
So his/ her stats are relatively basic, and the move pool is straight forward, it's much like Chansey's, except for Seismic Toss, which is only there to deal constant damage to whatever unknown threat of hell may face my Wonder Chorus of Angels, decedents of God himself.
I bet that you're still wondering why I have Blissey and Chansey on the same team. Double Wish Passing. This keeps my team very very very alive, and it allows me to easily create chains in which I can wish pass in order to heal up Pokemon without any negative side effects. But the main reason I did this is because it's broken. One Blissey, we all know, is hell to deal with. IT DOES NOT DIE. You hit the thing with all you have and there it stands, Wish, protect, wish, protect. . . . You finally get rid of it, and you let out a sigh of relief. "It's over." You think. "The demon from hell is dead; I, have, WON!"
Blond sent out Chansey.
You forfeit.
Having that amount of defense, coupled with the dual power of Chansey and Blissey's wish passing, which can heal every member of my team to full health and remove all their status effects in one fall swoop is pretty intimating. I can bring out Blissey, wish pass to Chansey, who can survive a physical attack with ease, Chansey can then use Heal bell, before wish passing to, say, Starmie, who could remove all the hazards from the area, and then we can go back to Blissey, who can wish pass to Chansey to bring her back up to health, or to any other Pokemon in need. It's the synergy of the combo, the beautiful, beautiful synergy.

All right, this still needs a lot of help, so please, Help me out here! Togekiss is my favorite Pokemon, I want this thing to work, WELL~

Blond.

Hi,

I don't think Bliss + Chan is legal.. I suggest changing one (preferably Chan) for Rankurusu. You use Chansey to handle Stall you said. Rank does a better job, absorbs status and can take a hit. A simple CM set works wonders against stall. It may not carry Twave but it can abuse it very well.

name: Calm Mind + Recover
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Recover
move 3: Psychic / Psycho Shock
move 4: Focus Blast
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4SpD
ivs: 0 Speed

If youre running Twave on DNite try this set out instead.

move 1: Dragon Tail
move 2: Roost
move 3: Thunderwave
move 4: Substitute
ability: Multi Scale
item: Leftovers
nature: Careful
EVs: 244 HP/252 Spdef/12 Spe

GL

The lack of an Ice move on any of the Pokemon here means a ground can switch in and rip apart you're team. May I suggest Froslass? It would cover you're ground weakness completely but she is a bit frail compared to some of the bulk on your team. 70/70/70 defenses isn't something you'll probably want to switch in with, yet, she learns "wonder wave" SO you know she'll be valuable to your team!

Despite the fact that you listed Togekiss first I assume you're not leading with it right?

Chansey and Blissey is a bad idea together. Replace one with Whisicott, who can use STUN SPORE to actually paralyze Ground types, something your team can't do at all. Kind of funny how your entire team is beaten by Excadrill.

Use Dezza's Dragonite set. It alone can paralyze a majority of the enemy's team with Dragon Tail. As a result only it, Chansey and Whimsicott should use paralyzing moves.

Whimsicott@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Df / 252 SpD
Substitute
Stun Spore
Taunt
Leech Seed

Also Tyranitar is a Rock/Dark type, it takes neutral damage from electricity so it only counters them in the sense that it has EQ. Which is ironic because the most common electric types are Zapdos, Thundurus and Rotom-W, all of which are IMMUNE to EQ. Replace Thunder Wave or Roar for Stone Edge.

Blissey and Chansey together is legal, at the moment.
I'm going to test your suggestion for dragonite right now, but as for Reni, I'm a bit confused, it looks as though you've slapped on IVs as if he's going to be in a trick room team. . . .Can you elaborate?

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roar

Earthquake should be one word. Kinda looks weird with Quake off to the side ha.

Chan + Blissey??
Hmmm It is legal... but
Rankurusu or Snorlax can fit the team better.
Or you can add jirachi! :D

Jirachi's ability Serene Grace with iron head + pretty good bulk stats + Thunder Wave (key word for this team lol) + Wish support

Snorlax has nice sp def, Att stats + Body Slam (for the ground types) + It's a normal type(If you still want that normal type to sub in for one of the chans)

Other than that... Haha Nice funnnn team : D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)